Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector 13:51 - Jul 13 with 4336 viewsElderGrizzly

But will target migrants to pay for it.

The dog whistling never ends...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jul/13/rishi-sunak-agrees-to-public-sec
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 15:55 - Jul 13 with 2367 viewsBlueBadger

No budgetary raises either. So when services are invariably cut, he can blame front line workers. Also, it's not a 'pay rise', it's a 'slightly lower real-terms pay cut'.

Eff the Tories, Stuff anyone who voted for them and bad vibes to anyone who supports them.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 15:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:19 - Jul 13 with 2311 viewsCotty

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 15:55 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

No budgetary raises either. So when services are invariably cut, he can blame front line workers. Also, it's not a 'pay rise', it's a 'slightly lower real-terms pay cut'.

Eff the Tories, Stuff anyone who voted for them and bad vibes to anyone who supports them.

Yeah I don’t get it, if the budgets are not going to be raised, why does extra cash need to be raised at all? All while services which are already cut to the bone take another hit.
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:20 - Jul 13 with 2309 viewsBlueBadger

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:19 - Jul 13 by Cotty

Yeah I don’t get it, if the budgets are not going to be raised, why does extra cash need to be raised at all? All while services which are already cut to the bone take another hit.

Because they're c**ts?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:27 - Jul 13 with 2272 viewsHotShotHamish

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 15:55 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

I presume you would give all public sector workers an above inflation pay rise, which would then cause further inflation problems for the whole country. It would also be totally unaffordable so we would likely have to borrow to fund it, which seems like an entirely sensible idea to me.

It's easy to be critical when you don't have to make decisions and only have to snipe from the sidelines!
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:31 - Jul 13 with 2272 viewsBlueBadger

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:27 - Jul 13 by HotShotHamish

I presume you would give all public sector workers an above inflation pay rise, which would then cause further inflation problems for the whole country. It would also be totally unaffordable so we would likely have to borrow to fund it, which seems like an entirely sensible idea to me.

It's easy to be critical when you don't have to make decisions and only have to snipe from the sidelines!

'Some of you are going to die, but it's a price I'm willing to pay' eh?

https://www.cato.org/commentary/wage-price-spiral-explanation-inflation-dangerou

[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 16:34]

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:32 - Jul 13 with 2258 viewsZx1988

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:27 - Jul 13 by HotShotHamish

Care to explain how allowing the lowest paid to keep pace with the cost of living causes inflation?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:33 - Jul 13 with 2251 viewsgiant_stow

Wtf? So see through - so dishonest.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:34 - Jul 13 with 2249 viewsBlueschev

How do public sector pay rises cause further inflation?
Login to get fewer ads

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:34 - Jul 13 with 2250 viewsCotty

This demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of where the inflationary pressures are coming from. It is NOT because we're all swimming in disposable income.
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:34 - Jul 13 with 2248 viewsnoggin

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:32 - Jul 13 by Zx1988

Care to explain how allowing the lowest paid to keep pace with the cost of living causes inflation?

Well it's what The Mail said...

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:37 - Jul 13 with 2229 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Only unaffordable if one dogmatically refuses to realign one's budget.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:42 - Jul 13 with 2199 viewsnoggin

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:37 - Jul 13 by You_Bloo_Right

Only unaffordable if one dogmatically refuses to realign one's budget.

It's been unaffordable for the last 13 years.

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:51 - Jul 13 with 2158 viewsredrickstuhaart

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:19 - Jul 13 by Cotty

Completely self reinforcing.

People are striking in part because of money, but also because their jobs have become more and more stressful and miserable due to cuts, under resourcing, "reforms" and an endless cynical policy of getting people to do more for less.

A pay rise (which isnt actually keeping up with inflation) that results in more of those resourcing issues does not solve the issues.

This government appears to forget that inflation works both ways. If private sector pay has increased significantly, and prices are up, so are tax revenues...
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:53 - Jul 13 with 2150 viewsredrickstuhaart

The problem is they have been systematically and cynically eroding public sector pay for a decade.

People are beyond their limits already and quite reasonably not prepared to take anymore.

Had public sector workers been treated fairly over the last 10 years, they may well be prepared to recognise a difficult economic time and the need to accept some short term pain.
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:55 - Jul 13 with 2144 viewsHotShotHamish

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:34 - Jul 13 by Blueschev

How do public sector pay rises cause further inflation?

Because to pay for those level of pay rises we would need to borrow more - more government borrowing would almost definitely raise inflation.

It would also send a signal to those in the private sector. We would likely see higher rises which would then inflate prices all over the place.

Please tell me how you think they would not raise inflation?
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:57 - Jul 13 with 2133 viewsHotShotHamish

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:32 - Jul 13 by Zx1988

We aren't talking about the lowest paid though are we? Please keep up, we are talking about Teachers, Police, Nurses, doctors and the Armed Forces (who aren't far above the lowest paid)
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:01 - Jul 13 with 2116 viewsnoggin

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:55 - Jul 13 by HotShotHamish

Because to pay for those level of pay rises we would need to borrow more - more government borrowing would almost definitely raise inflation.

It would also send a signal to those in the private sector. We would likely see higher rises which would then inflate prices all over the place.

They found the money for unusable PPE and that app thing quickly enough. Nobody mentioned inflation then.

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:01 - Jul 13 with 2116 viewsHotShotHamish

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:34 - Jul 13 by Cotty

This demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of where the inflationary pressures are coming from. It is NOT because we're all swimming in disposable income.

Acutally I think you are slightly incorrect there - so do many economists, including those at the BOE.
Many people had larger than usual savings after COVID - if you rememebr, the government were even considering taxing them! Depsite huge rises in every day costs, things such as holidays, flights etc are rising in price faster than inflation. There is a valid suggestion that increased savuings have insulated many people against the rising costs we have seen recently.

so perhaps I do not have a 'fundamental understanding' of where inflationary pressures are.
The BOE said exactly the same only two weeks ago so maybe they are all wrong also!
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:03 - Jul 13 with 2112 viewsPhuketPete

Wtf has any of this to do with football or Ipswich. Go take your politics some other place
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:03 - Jul 13 with 2100 viewsHARRY10

"Baa baa.... master knows best"

Just when you thought that Mach bloke had taken tightie stupidity as low as it can get, up pops another rightie with even worse cap doffing stuff. Perhaps our forelock tugger could tell us exactly what products civil servants sell that will supposedly cause an inflationary rise.

The sad thing is we have been here before, when the minimum wage was introduced, when the NHS was first proposed - it will destroy jobs, it will kill off health care.

Of course Tory MPs representing the employers will spout this guff as they seek to retain as big a share of the profits as possible. What I can never understand is how employees think they have some interest in the that

It's like selling a car. Why would anyone selling their car be in favour of something that benefits the buyer ? It cannot be put down to the average rightie not being too bright. Even a six year old kid could see the flaw there.

However, perhaps these righties will stick to their guns and demand they don't get paid any wage increase, even if the others do. Taking to the streets to demand a pay cut in relative terms, under their union banner

Amalgamated National Union of Scabs - ANUS.
Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:03 - Jul 13 with 2107 viewsnoggin

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:01 - Jul 13 by HotShotHamish

Acutally I think you are slightly incorrect there - so do many economists, including those at the BOE.
Many people had larger than usual savings after COVID - if you rememebr, the government were even considering taxing them! Depsite huge rises in every day costs, things such as holidays, flights etc are rising in price faster than inflation. There is a valid suggestion that increased savuings have insulated many people against the rising costs we have seen recently.

so perhaps I do not have a 'fundamental understanding' of where inflationary pressures are.
The BOE said exactly the same only two weeks ago so maybe they are all wrong also!

I doubt many nurses, teachers and paramedics had the extra disposable income you speak of.

Tax the fekkin rich.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2023 17:10]

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:12 - Jul 13 with 2059 viewsBlueBadger

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:55 - Jul 13 by HotShotHamish

Cancel HS2, cancel Trident, close tax loopholes for non-dams, windfall tax on the energy companies and pursue the stolen billions from the PPE fraudsters.

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:14 - Jul 13 with 2053 viewsBlueBadger

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 16:57 - Jul 13 by HotShotHamish

We aren't talking about the lowest paid though are we? Please keep up, we are talking about Teachers, Police, Nurses, doctors and the Armed Forces (who aren't far above the lowest paid)

But also much needed. And falling in numbers because of over a decade of real terms cuts and worsening working conditions.

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:14 - Jul 13 with 2049 viewspointofblue

You don't expect the rich to pay for it, do you???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sunak announces at least 6% pay rises for public sector on 17:18 - Jul 13 with 2024 viewsredrickstuhaart

No we dont. They are receiving increased tax income due to inflation. Private secctor are already getting significant pay increases on average, above public sector.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024