Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - 11:51 - Jul 25 with 3908 viewsKeno

having just posted a Kinks video it leads to an inevitable YouTube rabbit hole and got me thinking about the great groups of the 60's

I know the Beatles tend to be put on a pedestal when you consider some of the others groups around at the time how deserving is that?

So how about a thread of the great 60"s bands to show them young 'ins what music was like 60 years ago (sh1t thats a scary thought)

I'll start with The Yardbirds, perhaps one of the more under rated bands of the time

[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 11:52]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 11:58 - Jul 25 with 2287 viewsWeWereZombies

Seminal, as they say. Three of England's finest guitarists passed through their ranks and 'Still I'm Sad' is regarded as Goth way ahead of the time, a decent shout for the start of heavy metal in the band too.

Here's my contribution:

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 11:59 - Jul 25 with 2282 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 12:06 - Jul 25 with 2278 viewsblueasfook

I love the Beach Boys. Their vocal harmonies were fantastic and they had a great groove and produced a lot of sounds that were groundbreaking at the time. Brian Wilson was also a great songwriter and just perfectly documented American youth culture in that period.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 12:20 - Jul 25 with 2230 viewsPendejo

One of my favourite 60s groups

Well known song

Less well know anti war

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 12:25 - Jul 25 with 2220 viewsKeno

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 12:20 - Jul 25 by Pendejo

One of my favourite 60s groups

Well known song

Less well know anti war

I was waiting for someone to add the animals, fantastic group

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 12:40 - Jul 25 with 2199 viewsthebluewizzard

Spent 1969 in the double decker instead of being in college listening to these

and
Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 12:49 - Jul 25 with 2193 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Where to start?

How about here?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 13:05 - Jul 25 with 2182 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

And of course this mob ....

Psychedelia, Britpop, rock, concept albums?

All of those and more.

Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 13:09 - Jul 25 with 2176 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It was all too beautiful

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 13:30 - Jul 25 with 2162 viewsMookamoo

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 13:34 - Jul 25 with 2150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 2117 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 13:34 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:21 - Jul 25 with 2110 viewsKeno

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:19 - Jul 25 by You_Bloo_Right

This needs to be added

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:26 - Jul 25 with 2100 viewsKeno

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:21 - Jul 25 by Keno

This needs to be added

certainly one of my favourite bands and one of their lesser known songs

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:53 - Jul 25 with 2070 viewsBluefields

Love
Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:54 - Jul 25 with 2069 viewsBluefields

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 13:05 - Jul 25 by You_Bloo_Right

And of course this mob ....

Psychedelia, Britpop, rock, concept albums?

All of those and more.

The stage show at the Wolsey a few years ago was excellent
Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 14:57 - Jul 25 with 2068 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 2055 viewsblueislander

The Spencer Davis Group. No question.
Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:21 - Jul 25 with 2043 viewsElephantintheRoom

Well you might like to go mining for a few early top of the pops where you might find Val Doonican singing in a sweater on a rocking chair and Russ Conway tinkling the ivrories as well as all the other grooves happenings of the era.

The seminal 6os band was probably John Mayall and his blues breakers…..and those with a penchant for impenetrable music could be found in the sixth form common room listening to The Nice. Don’t forget the US bands oof the 60s either…..Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison even patented the idea of ding young so you’d rock on into eternity As of course did Hendrix.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 2021 viewsWeWereZombies

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:21 - Jul 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Well you might like to go mining for a few early top of the pops where you might find Val Doonican singing in a sweater on a rocking chair and Russ Conway tinkling the ivrories as well as all the other grooves happenings of the era.

The seminal 6os band was probably John Mayall and his blues breakers…..and those with a penchant for impenetrable music could be found in the sixth form common room listening to The Nice. Don’t forget the US bands oof the 60s either…..Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison even patented the idea of ding young so you’d rock on into eternity As of course did Hendrix.

The Nice impenetrable ? I suppose that Bernstein fella was too far out as well...

[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 15:42]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:34 - Jul 25 with 2013 viewsKeno

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:21 - Jul 25 by ElephantintheRoom

these guys started early and didnt die young

Mine you a friend of mine saw them doing a gig live on clapham in the very early 60's and announced they were crap

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 16:15 - Jul 25 with 1996 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

As a youngster I bought a cut-price Island Records sampler which saved me money in the short term but cost me loads latterly as I followed up on a load of the music.

Best 13/6 I ever spent though.

The tracks for your delectation -

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 16:22 - Jul 25 with 1975 viewsblueislander

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 15:34 - Jul 25 by Keno

these guys started early and didnt die young

Mine you a friend of mine saw them doing a gig live on clapham in the very early 60's and announced they were crap

I saw them at The Gaumont when they were 4th on the bill topped by The Everley Brothers and Bo Diddley. Come on had just got into the charts.
Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 16:23 - Jul 25 with 1972 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 16:47 - Jul 25 with 1938 viewsazuremerlangus

Tuesday Music Debate - 60's Great Bands Thread - on 11:58 - Jul 25 by WeWereZombies

Seminal, as they say. Three of England's finest guitarists passed through their ranks and 'Still I'm Sad' is regarded as Goth way ahead of the time, a decent shout for the start of heavy metal in the band too.

Here's my contribution:

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024