Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football 11:52 - Aug 21 with 7561 viewsEireannach_gorm

Wonder did he use his tongue?
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 4063 viewsSE1blue

I watched the trophy presentation with my wife and we were surprised at how ‘embracing’ he was considering everything that Spanish women’s football has gone through recently and how it could be perceived.

However, we did also comment on how quick and happy the players were to embrace him too, so this is one where a photo can suggest two different stories on social media dependent on what people want to suggest.

Live, it didn’t look like anything sinister at all.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 17:38 - Aug 22 with 3585 viewsEireannach_gorm

He did apologise but it is not going down too well.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/37390/12945249/luis-rubiales-apology-for
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:06 - Aug 22 with 3492 viewsRadioOrwell

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:48 - Aug 21 by SE1blue

I watched the trophy presentation with my wife and we were surprised at how ‘embracing’ he was considering everything that Spanish women’s football has gone through recently and how it could be perceived.

However, we did also comment on how quick and happy the players were to embrace him too, so this is one where a photo can suggest two different stories on social media dependent on what people want to suggest.

It was a bit ( very ) creepy literally picking up the shorter players and then having a bit of a preview and not going for the taller girls.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:08 - Aug 22 with 3489 viewsJackNorthStand

This isn't even a thing unless the women's team have come out and say it is.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:39 - Aug 22 with 3406 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:48 - Aug 21 by SE1blue

If I'd been that player, my reaction would have been 'ugh'. But I was brought up in England, not Spain - maybe their culture encompasses reactions like that when emotions are running high? Although given the consequent storm about it over there, maybe not.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:21 - Aug 22 with 3357 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:39 - Aug 22 by Ryorry

If I'd been that player, my reaction would have been 'ugh'. But I was brought up in England, not Spain - maybe their culture encompasses reactions like that when emotions are running high? Although given the consequent storm about it over there, maybe not.

It's got little to do with culture, more to do with a completely unacceptable action wherever the guy comes from. He was forced to apologise, the biggest sorry not sorry you'll ever hear.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:53 - Aug 22 with 3309 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:08 - Aug 22 by JackNorthStand

Nonsense, with the recent issues in women's international football here and having just won the world cup they're only going to say what they are asked to say.

The initial reaction on instagram live from Hermosa was...

Eh, pero no me ha gustado. ¿Y qué hago yo?".

...but I didn't like it, and what can I do?

A few hours later it was a heat of the moment thing between friends.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 22:22 - Aug 22 with 3272 viewsBigCommon

Yeah, I'd kiss Sam Morsy if we won The FA Cup. A big fat kiss. And then carry on celebrating..
Football success is intoxicating..People do the strangest things when they are intoxicated, completely unpremeditated....
Inappropriate, definitely. But not with sleazy or dark intent...
The real story is Spain Women's brilliant Women's World Cup win.
Login to get fewer ads

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 22:35 - Aug 22 with 3247 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 22:22 - Aug 22 by BigCommon

Yeah, I'd kiss Sam Morsy if we won The FA Cup. A big fat kiss. And then carry on celebrating..
Football success is intoxicating..People do the strangest things when they are intoxicated, completely unpremeditated....

.. and you think Morsy would be comfortable with that? 20 minutes after the match finished.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 00:33 - Aug 23 with 3180 viewsBigCommon

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 22:35 - Aug 22 by BarcaBlue

.. and you think Morsy would be comfortable with that? 20 minutes after the match finished.

Who cares, weve just won the cup. I'd like to think he'd be a sensible adult and put down to spur of the moment, high spirits.. He'd probably hate it if some wet wipe tried to make it into a " thing".. Instead of focusing on the cup success....😘
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:51 - Aug 23 with 3031 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 00:33 - Aug 23 by BigCommon

Who cares, weve just won the cup. I'd like to think he'd be a sensible adult and put down to spur of the moment, high spirits.. He'd probably hate it if some wet wipe tried to make it into a " thing".. Instead of focusing on the cup success....😘

Who cares? A lot of people here including the PM. The action was unacceptable and his apology was pathetic. It wasn't spur of the moment but the medal ceremony well after the match had finished, if that makes a difference. I really doubt he would have grabbed a male player's face and planted a kiss.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:55 - Aug 23 with 3019 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:08 - Aug 22 by JackNorthStand

It is a thing because he is their employer, and there is a resulting power imbalance which may make it difficult to speak out.

Besides, one of them already said that she didn't enjoy it. And then back-tracked a bit on that comment.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:20 - Aug 23 with 2990 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:55 - Aug 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

It is a thing because he is their employer, and there is a resulting power imbalance which may make it difficult to speak out.

Besides, one of them already said that she didn't enjoy it. And then back-tracked a bit on that comment.

And to add:

Regardless of the employment situation, consent is everything. No person has the right to force intimate physical contact on another.

Full stop.

Ever.

No excuses.

"I was a bit excited because we won a cup" doesn't cut it.

This also includes slapping or grabbing bums in pubs and clubs, pushing your groin into people on packed Tubes or buses.

Both are sexual assault and will get you put on the sex offenders register. Neither are "Just a laugh".
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:22 - Aug 23 with 2974 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 22:22 - Aug 22 by BigCommon

There are so many things wrong with this post, its actually quite scary

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:24 - Aug 23 with 2947 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:20 - Aug 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

And to add:

Regardless of the employment situation, consent is everything. No person has the right to force intimate physical contact on another.

Full stop.

Ever.

No excuses.

"I was a bit excited because we won a cup" doesn't cut it.

This also includes slapping or grabbing bums in pubs and clubs, pushing your groin into people on packed Tubes or buses.

Both are sexual assault and will get you put on the sex offenders register. Neither are "Just a laugh".

Spot on!
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:43 - Aug 23 with 2896 viewsleitrimblue

I dont think it's that much of a stretch to say there is a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish ( and a few other countries) culture
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 15:09 - Aug 23 with 2783 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:43 - Aug 23 by leitrimblue

I dont think it's that much of a stretch to say there is a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish ( and a few other countries) culture

There's an extraordinarily telling lack of self-awareness in the first (in case there's more than one eventually, which I doubt) member's downvote to your post, given his username.

Quite possibly the most ironic thing I've ever seen on here in 25 years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 15:34 - Aug 23 with 2736 viewsleitrimblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 15:09 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

There's an extraordinarily telling lack of self-awareness in the first (in case there's more than one eventually, which I doubt) member's downvote to your post, given his username.

Quite possibly the most ironic thing I've ever seen on here in 25 years.

I did notice it a little while ago but had to run into a meeting. He also down voted the OP. I thought it might just be/hoped it was just someone taking the pee bit It's actually a genuine poster with very strong views on toxic masculinity. Perhaps not that surprising given the username...
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:56 - Aug 23 with 2619 viewsBigCommon

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:51 - Aug 23 by BarcaBlue

Who cares? A lot of people here including the PM. The action was unacceptable and his apology was pathetic. It wasn't spur of the moment but the medal ceremony well after the match had finished, if that makes a difference. I really doubt he would have grabbed a male player's face and planted a kiss.

You're speculating as to whether he'd have acted inappropriately towards a male player, had the men's team won the men's World Cup.
Tbf, couldn't give a hoot what Sunak thinks about anything. He's hardly a seal of approval, imo.
The fella kissed someone, he didn't murder them. And why didn't she stop him in the moment. ? I'm guessing she was just caught up in the moment, in much the same way he was...
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:13 - Aug 23 with 2606 viewseireblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:56 - Aug 23 by BigCommon

You're speculating as to whether he'd have acted inappropriately towards a male player, had the men's team won the men's World Cup.
Tbf, couldn't give a hoot what Sunak thinks about anything. He's hardly a seal of approval, imo.
The fella kissed someone, he didn't murder them. And why didn't she stop him in the moment. ? I'm guessing she was just caught up in the moment, in much the same way he was...

“ You're speculating …..I’m guessing she…”

Spectacular.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:28 - Aug 23 with 2586 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:13 - Aug 23 by eireblue

“ You're speculating …..I’m guessing she…”

Spectacular.

Brilliant!
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:45 - Aug 23 with 2557 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:56 - Aug 23 by BigCommon

"Why didn't she stop him?"!!!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:49 - Aug 23 with 2540 viewsBarcaBlue

I wasn't referring to Sunak but the Spanish PM who recently pushed through legislation known as "only yes means yes" law regarding sexual consent of any kind. The aim was in part in response to cases where the victim was accused of not resisting, screaming or whatever during an assault.

She was caught up by Rubiales' hands grasping her face and planting a kiss.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:54 - Aug 23 with 2524 viewsSwansea_Blue

Comments from the pair of them since seem to suggest this is normal for them. Which leads to one obvious question: how can I become the Spanish FA president?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:55 - Aug 23 with 2523 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Holy hell. You for real?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024