Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients 07:41 - Aug 27 with 2446 viewsMark

For the first time in my life I have no NHS dentist. I am registered with an NHS practice but their NHS dentists left and now they say I must pay £85 for a private checkup.

According to the NHS website no dentists in Ipswich are taking on new NHS patients! If anyone knows a dentist who is, please post a reply.

I can afford to pay private but feel bad doing so as this encourages dentists to leave the NHS. What about people who can't afford it? A family of four having two checkups a year would be charged 8x£85=£680, and that is before any treatment, which costs hundreds or thousands of pounds. I suspect people are going without dental care, including children.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 7:51]
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 11:02 - Aug 27 with 2261 viewsstrikalite

It's a massive problem up and down the country, therefore many people aren't going, I need a tooth implant, £2k minimum, I could afford it luckily but can't justify that cost to myself for a tooth that you can't see and doesn't cause me any grief...

Frustrating too that when you get a good dentist they move on, had this happen a few times, and you'd be surprised how an opinion from one dentist can differ from another, could give a few stories there.
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 16:13 - Aug 27 with 2110 viewsgeg1992

Tavern Street Dental Practice in Stowmarket are accepting new NHS patients.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 18:59 - Aug 27 with 2009 viewsMark

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 11:02 - Aug 27 by strikalite

It's a massive problem up and down the country, therefore many people aren't going, I need a tooth implant, £2k minimum, I could afford it luckily but can't justify that cost to myself for a tooth that you can't see and doesn't cause me any grief...

Frustrating too that when you get a good dentist they move on, had this happen a few times, and you'd be surprised how an opinion from one dentist can differ from another, could give a few stories there.

I hope you can find an NHS dentist to do it. I guess it would cost Band 3: £306.80, including a checkup and anything else needed.
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 19:00 - Aug 27 with 2006 viewsMark

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 16:13 - Aug 27 by geg1992

Thank you, I may register there. My worry would be after one checkup they tell me my new NHS dentist has gone private!
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 19:21 - Aug 27 with 1976 viewsArnieM

Dentists totally piss me off. Profiteering arse holes the lot of em.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 19:34 - Aug 27 with 1956 viewsnorth_stand77

That's rightt, I've recently moved to them myself
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 20:52 - Aug 27 with 1871 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

The lack of NHS dentists and the cost of treatment is a genuine disgrace. I travel quite a distance to attend my childhood dental practice because the provision of services is so terrible. Not particularly practical in an emergency, but even routine NHS dental work costs a small fortune.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 1673 viewshoppy

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 20:52 - Aug 27 by SlippinJimmyJuan

The lack of NHS dentists and the cost of treatment is a genuine disgrace. I travel quite a distance to attend my childhood dental practice because the provision of services is so terrible. Not particularly practical in an emergency, but even routine NHS dental work costs a small fortune.

“I travel quite a distance to attend my childhood dental practice because the provision of services is so terrible.”

- a good advert for your childhood dental practice there…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 12:29 - Aug 28 with 1600 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 12:32 - Aug 28 with 1595 viewsTrequartista

A national scandal that the government don't seem to want to tackle.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 12:39 - Aug 28 with 1578 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 09:15 - Aug 28 by hoppy

“I travel quite a distance to attend my childhood dental practice because the provision of services is so terrible.”

- a good advert for your childhood dental practice there…

I feel pretty bad about it as I'm part of the problem. I've always stayed registered there because whenever I've looked into moving to one close by, it's been impossible. The place where I grew up has expanded quite a lot in recent years so there must be loads of people after my spot, and probably several others travelling in the opposite direction to reach their childhood dentist too.

Someone I worked with a few years ago lived in South London and was travelling to Dundee every other month for their fairly extensive appointments. Madness.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 13:14 - Aug 28 with 1552 viewsLewisL

This has nothing to do with ITFC.
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 13:37 - Aug 28 with 1515 viewsSwansea_Blue

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 13:14 - Aug 28 by LewisL

Well it bloody well should! Sort it out Ashton - booo! Clegg OUT.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 15:39 - Aug 28 with 1457 viewshoppy

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 13:14 - Aug 28 by LewisL

Are you saying that nobody at ITFC visits the dentist, ever?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 19:10 - Aug 28 with 1385 viewsChondzoresk

I’m lucky I visit mine every 6 months. Keeps me on their NHS books. I rarely have any work done, it keeps them happy, and me.…. Diss is an absolute desert for NHS dentists taking any newcomers on….and Norfolk, in general is bereft of any NHS dentist taking any patients too.

Utter disgrace.
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 20:06 - Aug 28 with 1323 viewsNomore4

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 19:10 - Aug 28 by Chondzoresk

I’m lucky I visit mine every 6 months. Keeps me on their NHS books. I rarely have any work done, it keeps them happy, and me.…. Diss is an absolute desert for NHS dentists taking any newcomers on….and Norfolk, in general is bereft of any NHS dentist taking any patients too.

Utter disgrace.

What Dentist in there right mind would do NHS contract work.
Private work by dentists will be the norm, and that time is nearly here.
The only contracts Dentists are interested in is hotel contracts issued by the home office.
No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 20:55 - Aug 28 with 1256 viewsVic

I tried to sign up with them but they told me I lived too far away - 24 miles.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

No dentists in Ipswich taking 'new' NHS patients on 23:23 - Aug 28 with 1176 viewsCheltenham_Blue

None in Gloucestershire. Only four in the entire South-West.
Fu*king Tories.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024