Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis O´Brien interest? 15:12 - Aug 28 with 3974 viewsBlueySwede

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/08/28/ipswich-town-and-middlesbrough-ask-about-lee
Not sure I want many more loans, tbf..
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:18 - Aug 28 with 3856 viewsKieran_Knows

Not keen on it being a loan deal, but he’d be a good signing none the less.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:21 - Aug 28 with 3827 viewsbluesym

Isn't he a central midfielder? Can't imagine we would be after someone else in that position,when Taylor,Evans and Ball are here.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:27 - Aug 28 with 3757 viewsSheffordBlue

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:21 - Aug 28 by bluesym

Isn't he a central midfielder? Can't imagine we would be after someone else in that position,when Taylor,Evans and Ball are here.

Could mean one of Evans or Ball is off and we're doing the same as we did with Leigh and Williams. Use it as an opportunity to upgrade.

We could lose both Morsy and Luongo for 7 weeks in January to the Africa and Asia Cup of Nations.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:28 - Aug 28 with 3738 viewsbluesym

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:27 - Aug 28 by SheffordBlue

Could mean one of Evans or Ball is off and we're doing the same as we did with Leigh and Williams. Use it as an opportunity to upgrade.

We could lose both Morsy and Luongo for 7 weeks in January to the Africa and Asia Cup of Nations.

Good point. I mean,he's s fantastic player at this level,so wouldn't say no to having him on board!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:34 - Aug 28 with 3667 viewsfranz_tyson

Would have thought there are bigger priorities in the team tham finding yet another CM. Doesn't add up to me. What about Jack Taylor? Isn't he the next cab in the rank? Don't need him.... especially when the focus is getting a striker ans a CB through the door in the final few days.
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:36 - Aug 28 with 3646 viewsfranz_tyson

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:27 - Aug 28 by SheffordBlue

We've been worrying about losing Morsy for the last couple of years. It's never happened. Think we need to stop worrying about that... same with Luongo and Australia
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:37 - Aug 28 with 3631 viewsSheffordBlue

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:36 - Aug 28 by franz_tyson

We've been worrying about losing Morsy for the last couple of years. It's never happened. Think we need to stop worrying about that... same with Luongo and Australia

Australian manager has been at at Town game in person this season apparently

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:45 - Aug 28 with 3516 viewsnrb1985

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:18 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

Not keen on it being a loan deal, but he’d be a good signing none the less.

Tbf, via whatever circumstances we've got here I think loans are more likely now than permanent signings.

Clubs know we need to add to the squad to so we have the risk of having our pants pulled down on price and MA has said we will be run with a focus on sustainability etc. Don't think now is going to be a particularly opportune moment to make the right signings at the right price.

Loans not my first choice either though I must say but rather loans than Ahadme or Camara.
Login to get fewer ads

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 15:48 - Aug 28 with 3482 viewsitfc_jg

From this area, born in Colchester
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:19 - Aug 28 with 3141 viewsFrimleyBlue

"But if success is built heavily around loan players and senior players on short contracts you can go from here to here (gestures high and then low) very quickly - we've seen that in League One"

Mark Ashton 1st March 2023.

Luongo. 1 year
Williams Loan
Hutchinson loan

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 3067 viewsSheffordBlue

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:19 - Aug 28 by FrimleyBlue

"But if success is built heavily around loan players and senior players on short contracts you can go from here to here (gestures high and then low) very quickly - we've seen that in League One"

Luongo. 1 year
Williams Loan
Hutchinson loan

Those three constitute less than 10% of the senior squad and it would be hard to argue the squad is being 'built around' any of them. There's a good chance that if Williams works out that converts to a permanent in the summer.

I'd rather get permanents but if loans are needed to get the quality we need I'm comfortable with a couple more.

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:33 - Aug 28 with 2980 viewsFreddies_Ears

Luongo. 1 year
Williams Loan
Hutchinson loan

Williams has option to buy, (presumably we can't afford him unless we go up...), so barely even counts as a loan.
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:37 - Aug 28 with 2910 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:33 - Aug 28 by Freddies_Ears

Williams has option to buy, (presumably we can't afford him unless we go up...), so barely even counts as a loan.

There isn't an option to buy. It Is a loan.

Waka waka eh eh

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 2648 viewsBABLUE

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:37 - Aug 28 by FrimleyBlue

There isn't an option to buy. It Is a loan.

Nearly all Championship teams will have 2/3 Prem loans, that is how it works. Williams may come here permanently if things work out, like with Hirst. Luongo may well sign again for another year too.

It is clearly proving hard to get the players in whilst still staying within FFP is the issue.
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 2617 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:58 - Aug 28 by BABLUE

Nearly all Championship teams will have 2/3 Prem loans, that is how it works. Williams may come here permanently if things work out, like with Hirst. Luongo may well sign again for another year too.

It is clearly proving hard to get the players in whilst still staying within FFP is the issue.

I agree. All I shared was what ashton said a few months ago.

Waka waka eh eh

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:02 - Aug 28 with 2601 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 16:33 - Aug 28 by Freddies_Ears

No option to buy. And from what lve seen of Hutchinson can't see why we even loaned him. He has too much to learn and all we are doing is trying to make him better for some other club. We need our own signings. Loans aren't the answer. Will be disappointing if that's all we get in before the deadline.
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 2522 viewsITFC_Forever

Luongo. 1 year
Williams Loan
Hutchinson loan

Three is not that many…. and nothing like the bad old days of more awful loans in the squad than we could play.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 2425 viewsPhilTWTD

No truth in it, I'm told.
Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:22 - Aug 28 with 2397 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:13 - Aug 28 by ITFC_Forever

Three is not that many…. and nothing like the bad old days of more awful loans in the squad than we could play.

Depends how it goes.

IF and it's purely if we go by the potential links..
O brien
Scarlett
Rak sayi

Could.. COULD end up with 5 loans.

I don't mind loans. I want rak sayi and scarlett. But I'd be surprised based on ashtons thoughts if we ended up down that route with so many
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 17:30]

Waka waka eh eh

Lewis O´Brien interest? on 17:26 - Aug 28 with 2342 viewsStu_boy

I'd be surprised if we signed another centre mid this window given the available options we have. There must be higher priorities
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024