Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today 21:12 - Sep 2 with 10181 viewsle2blue

If they hate it so much, maybe they should stick to the Cymru Premier, they could've been playing Penybont FC away today.
All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 14:46 - Sep 3 with 1849 viewsalgy

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 14:07 - Sep 3 by WeWereZombies

And just far do you think Cardiff would get in the Champions League ?

Or the Europa League ?

Or the Welsh League...

They should proudly play in their own national league and proudly represent their nation in European Competition as happens in almost every football nation member of UEFA does. How successful they would be in European comps is irrelevant. As it is 4 English clubs are denied a place in the EFL.

English Football League for English football clubs!
All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:15 - Sep 3 with 1740 viewsWeWereZombies

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 14:46 - Sep 3 by algy

They should proudly play in their own national league and proudly represent their nation in European Competition as happens in almost every football nation member of UEFA does. How successful they would be in European comps is irrelevant. As it is 4 English clubs are denied a place in the EFL.

English Football League for English football clubs!

Although Berwick Rangers have played in Scottish leagues for one hundred and eighteen years despite being in England...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:20 - Sep 3 with 1735 viewsMattinLondon

How come when English fans do Nazi salutes in Germany or call the French ‘surrender monkeys’ it’s good banter. But when another nationality poke fun at us the ‘banter people’ say it’s because they hate us?
All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:25 - Sep 3 with 1718 viewsalgy

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:15 - Sep 3 by WeWereZombies

Although Berwick Rangers have played in Scottish leagues for one hundred and eighteen years despite being in England...

And Berwick should be welcomed into the English football pyramid if they wanted to be but that's a matter for them and the Scottish authorities. But that's irrelevant to this thread about fans of a Welsh club playing in an English league and singing anti English songs. Do fans of Berwick Rangers sing anti-Scottish songs at away matches?
All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:35 - Sep 3 with 1699 viewsBLUEBEAT

Didn’t hear them at all.

Quiet and very under represented compared to other visiting teams from similarly sized clubs/places.

Swansea fans will be way more fun.

Poll: W or W

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:36 - Sep 3 with 1691 viewsBLUEBEAT

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 00:03 - Sep 3 by Miaow

I read the other day that Josh Yorwerth is now playing for Penybont.

Eh? Are you speaking Welsh? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🤷🏼‍♀️

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:37 - Sep 3 with 1684 viewsBLUEBEAT

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 10:00 - Sep 3 by Keno

Technically it’s not a country, it’s a principality

It’s also the place with the largest concentration of people with the same speech impediment

Like Sealand. But Sealand have a better football team.

It's just harmless football banter. (n/t) on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 1673 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Login to get fewer ads

It's just harmless football banter. (n/t) on 16:45 - Sep 3 with 1639 viewsKeno

It's just harmless football banter. (n/t) on 16:40 - Sep 3 by Bloots

I took my girlfriend to Wales for the weekend once

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:47 - Sep 3 with 1634 viewsGlasgowBlue

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:20 - Sep 3 by MattinLondon

How come when English fans do Nazi salutes in Germany or call the French ‘surrender monkeys’ it’s good banter. But when another nationality poke fun at us the ‘banter people’ say it’s because they hate us?

Who on earth thinks doing Nazi salutes is just banter? I've never met anyone or seen anyone on here hold that opinion.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 16:54 - Sep 3 with 1596 viewsBloots

It's just harmless football banter. (n/t) on 16:45 - Sep 3 by Keno

I took my girlfriend to Wales for the weekend once

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 17:00 - Sep 3 with 1578 viewsFunge

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:47 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

Who on earth thinks doing Nazi salutes is just banter? I've never met anyone or seen anyone on here hold that opinion.

Indeed, proper weird post.
Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:04 - Sep 3 with 1543 viewsKeno

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 16:54 - Sep 3 by Bloots

Oh Bloots!!!

I was was expecting that old age reply ... "Bangor"

Too right, the actual phrase is.... on 17:04 - Sep 3 with 1543 viewsBloots

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 17:00 - Sep 3 by Funge

...."Garlic eating, surrender-monkeys"

At least get it right.

It's just harmless football banter. (n/t) on 17:05 - Sep 3 with 1533 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It's just harmless football banter. (n/t) on 16:40 - Sep 3 by Bloots

They just have Very Real Concerns about Edward I.
Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:08 - Sep 3 with 1515 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:04 - Sep 3 by Keno

Oh Bloots!!!

I was was expecting that old age reply ... "Bangor"

Prestatyn ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:23 - Sep 3 with 1484 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:08 - Sep 3 by WeWereZombies

Prestatyn ?

Caerphilly I hope.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:24 - Sep 3 with 1475 viewsKeno

Is it the losers ribbons? (n/t) on 17:08 - Sep 3 by WeWereZombies

Prestatyn ?

Let just was it was a good weekend and

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 17:49 - Sep 3 with 1422 viewsBLUEBEAT

That long name that ends “cock cock cock”, or something.

Too right, the actual phrase is.... on 18:06 - Sep 3 with 1382 viewsleitrimblue

Too right, the actual phrase is.... on 17:04 - Sep 3 by Bloots

...."Garlic eating, surrender-monkeys"

At least get it right.

Is it not cheese eating surrender monkeys?
Garlic cheese? (n/t) on 18:14 - Sep 3 with 1360 viewsBloots

Too right, the actual phrase is.... on 18:06 - Sep 3 by leitrimblue

Is it not cheese eating surrender monkeys?

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 18:25 - Sep 3 with 1344 viewsSwansea_Blue

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 21:28 - Sep 2 by DJR

Interesting to see a very angry Cardiff fan spoiling for a fight on the way back to the station and being reprimanded by a Welsh policeman with the words Heddlu on this high-vis vest.

They clearly knew each other well, and I suppose the presence of such police {presumably to suppress potential trouble) is a sign of club whose fans have a bit of a reputation.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 8:23]

They always have had that side to them, unfortunately. The nationalist chants (from everyone) are worst now than at any time I can remember. The seem to have ramped up over the last 4-5 years. I don’t know why - maybe it reflects the divisions in the country stoked by the likes of Brexit; agro generally seems worse after Covid, so maybe that’s got something to do with it; maybe it’s a response to people struggling during harder times; could be the old white powder being used more widely making the idiots more idiotic. Or maybe it’s got nothing to do with any of that. Every time I go to a Swansea match these days, national anthems are flying around all over the place. Bristol City started off GSTK during the player warm up at the weekend. I don’t remember it being anywhere near as common pre-Covid/Brexit, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 18:25 - Sep 3 with 1342 viewsGlasgowBlue

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 17:00 - Sep 3 by Funge

Not only weird, but downright offensive.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 18:36 - Sep 3 with 1307 views_clive_baker_

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 16:47 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

Up there with the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on here.
All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 18:38 - Sep 3 with 1293 viewsjacobnikons

All the anti-English songs from Cardiff fans today on 18:25 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

They always have had that side to them, unfortunately. The nationalist chants (from everyone) are worst now than at any time I can remember. The seem to have ramped up over the last 4-5 years. I don’t know why - maybe it reflects the divisions in the country stoked by the likes of Brexit; agro generally seems worse after Covid, so maybe that’s got something to do with it; maybe it’s a response to people struggling during harder times; could be the old white powder being used more widely making the idiots more idiotic. Or maybe it’s got nothing to do with any of that. Every time I go to a Swansea match these days, national anthems are flying around all over the place. Bristol City started off GSTK during the player warm up at the weekend. I don’t remember it being anywhere near as common pre-Covid/Brexit, etc.

It got stoked up when Blair gave devolution to Wales, Scotland and NI and totally ignored 83% of the UK (England) and we were supposed to remain British while the other three nations were encouraged to express their national identity while we paid for their 'parliaments' and extra layer of bureaucracy. Football wise it is time UEFA forced the Welsh clubs back into their own league. They have had one since 1992 and they are taking the places of English clubs looking to get into the EFL. They will refuse of course because of money, but a league of Wales with Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham would be no worse than the Scottish league and would at least be patriotic rather than hypocritical which they are at present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024