Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… 13:04 - Sep 3 with 2222 viewsMancBlue86

For any form of promotion. I know we played them in the PO’s but I dont think we were ever close to their points total that season. When was the last time we had a season we where fighting against them for promotion? If ever

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:12 - Sep 3 with 2176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There was a big gulf between us that season even if we did manage to equalise after going down to 10 men. It would have been interesting had Berra not got sent off whether we could have matched them despite the gap in quality.

2003-4 they won the league while we missed out through the play-offs. Not sure how close a contest it was during the season but they were well clear at the end.

2002-3 we both just missed out on the play offs.

There were other seasons in living memory and I am sure before that too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:13 - Sep 3 with 2165 viewsgainsboroughblue

Closest we've finished together was 65-66 when we finished 5th and 6th respectively but obviously there were no play-offs then so might be a stretch to say we were battling for promotion together.

We kept missing each other in the 80s as they came up the season we went down and then they had some, admittedly, very decent seasons in the old First Division and then they were waiting for us in the first season of the Prem.

In the Burley years, they were always mid table when we were pushing promotion/play-offs and when they got to the play-offs in 2001-02, we were sliding out of the Prem.

When they went up in 03/04, we sneaked into 6th on the final day while they were well clear.

Then it was mid-table mediocrity for both while we were both in the Champs in the late 2000's. It was from that 2010-11 season when they did back to backs that they've always been that step ahead, until hopefully now, with the already mentioned 2014-15 season in between.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:20 - Sep 3 with 2119 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:13 - Sep 3 by gainsboroughblue

Closest we've finished together was 65-66 when we finished 5th and 6th respectively but obviously there were no play-offs then so might be a stretch to say we were battling for promotion together.

We kept missing each other in the 80s as they came up the season we went down and then they had some, admittedly, very decent seasons in the old First Division and then they were waiting for us in the first season of the Prem.

In the Burley years, they were always mid table when we were pushing promotion/play-offs and when they got to the play-offs in 2001-02, we were sliding out of the Prem.

When they went up in 03/04, we sneaked into 6th on the final day while they were well clear.

Then it was mid-table mediocrity for both while we were both in the Champs in the late 2000's. It was from that 2010-11 season when they did back to backs that they've always been that step ahead, until hopefully now, with the already mentioned 2014-15 season in between.

We were 7th and 8th in 2003-4 with only a point between us and 6th being a play off place.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 2106 viewsbournemouthblue

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:12 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

There was a big gulf between us that season even if we did manage to equalise after going down to 10 men. It would have been interesting had Berra not got sent off whether we could have matched them despite the gap in quality.

2003-4 they won the league while we missed out through the play-offs. Not sure how close a contest it was during the season but they were well clear at the end.

2002-3 we both just missed out on the play offs.

There were other seasons in living memory and I am sure before that too.

The side they went up with Worthington was very ordinary, we had more flair but in typical Royle style, we couldn't defend

The following season we should have gone up whilst they came straight back down and they didn't look like coming back up, until Lambert turned them round

The rest is history really

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 2101 viewsgainsboroughblue

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:20 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

We were 7th and 8th in 2003-4 with only a point between us and 6th being a play off place.

Yeah. I should've meant it was the highest closest finish the both of us was to a promotion place together. Obviously these days we would've been in the play-offs together, albeit avoiding one another in the PO's.

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:53 - Sep 3 with 1967 viewsLeaky

Could be interesting police wise, if we played each other at Wembley in the play off final.
We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 1946 viewsWestSussexBlue

Let’s not become too ahead of ourselves. We’ve had a fantastic start but it’s September.
I’m not suggesting we’re going to fall away but let’s keep some perspective.
We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 16:46 - Sep 3 with 1716 viewsNthQldITFC

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:55 - Sep 3 by WestSussexBlue

Let’s not become too ahead of ourselves. We’ve had a fantastic start but it’s September.

But this thread IS keeping things in perspective, indeed being perhaps overly cautious and pragmatic, in case we do fall away... into the play-offs.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 16:50 - Sep 3 with 1701 viewsMullet

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 13:55 - Sep 3 by WestSussexBlue

Surely, that's exactly what you are suggesting! We're 2nd and ahead of them!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:29 - Sep 3 with 1579 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That Christmas 92 game when we beat them 2-0, I am pretty sure we were both top 6 of the premier league, so I guess in a genuine fight for what would have been a top 3 finish at the time (I think).

Looking back we must have had a bad second half of the season, finishes 16th! They finished third behind Villa.
We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:36 - Sep 3 with 1535 viewsgainsboroughblue

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:29 - Sep 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That Christmas 92 game when we beat them 2-0, I am pretty sure we were both top 6 of the premier league, so I guess in a genuine fight for what would have been a top 3 finish at the time (I think).

Looking back we must have had a bad second half of the season, finishes 16th! They finished third behind Villa.

We'd lost just twice going into January then proceeded to lose 12 of our last 20 games. The wins we picked up though were good ones. Spurs away, Man U (Yallop scoring 2 in 2), Norwich and Forest on the last day.

Generally though, the second half of that season was a pre-cursor to the turgid, god awful to watch football of the next couple of seasons.

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:44 - Sep 3 with 1495 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:36 - Sep 3 by gainsboroughblue

We'd lost just twice going into January then proceeded to lose 12 of our last 20 games. The wins we picked up though were good ones. Spurs away, Man U (Yallop scoring 2 in 2), Norwich and Forest on the last day.

Generally though, the second half of that season was a pre-cursor to the turgid, god awful to watch football of the next couple of seasons.

I remember beating United 3-2 and Forest on the pitch last day.

That Christmas game was a famous night, Sky’s early MNF launch, so fireworks at their place for our win, the festive feel to it as a kid and for a few other reasons as well.
We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:49 - Sep 3 with 1467 viewsgainsboroughblue

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:44 - Sep 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I remember beating United 3-2 and Forest on the pitch last day.

That Christmas game was a famous night, Sky’s early MNF launch, so fireworks at their place for our win, the festive feel to it as a kid and for a few other reasons as well.

That Nodge game was a great day. Not that I was in much of a fit state to recall a lot of it.

Also the first game we were all in the South Stand and not exchanging coins in the Barclay.

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 1419 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 17:49 - Sep 3 by gainsboroughblue

That Nodge game was a great day. Not that I was in much of a fit state to recall a lot of it.

Also the first game we were all in the South Stand and not exchanging coins in the Barclay.

I bet. Heard a few stories about that day, from a few that are no linger with us.

Another festive derby this season.
We could be in a direct fight with Nodge this year… on 18:37 - Sep 3 with 1321 views_clive_baker_

We’ll rip them a new one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024