Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel 18:18 - Sep 27 with 2191 viewsNthsuffolkblue

wearing headphones the same as his mascot. Thought that is a nice touch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 18:33 - Sep 27 with 2125 viewsbackwaywhen

It is something the club has arranged for children who would have an issue with walking out into the cauldron that is Portman Road , the player whoever that might be wears the same headphones to block out the noise …… nice touch from ITFC .
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:00 - Sep 27 with 1929 viewsSamuelowen88

Been done a few times this season, a nice touch, must make the kids feel better, more confident.
Wes for sure ive seen, maybe broadhead as well?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:11 - Sep 27 with 1901 viewsFrimleyBlue

Also. Did anyone notice the clubs tweet about the club shop and having a quiet hour...

What an amazing thing to do

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:26 - Sep 27 with 1854 viewsMookamoo

They do Sensory Packs for match days

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/sensory-packs-update-ipswich-town/
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:26 - Sep 27 with 1850 viewsRyorry

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 18:33 - Sep 27 by backwaywhen

It is something the club has arranged for children who would have an issue with walking out into the cauldron that is Portman Road , the player whoever that might be wears the same headphones to block out the noise …… nice touch from ITFC .

Never occurred to me before, but do young kids have a lower threshold for safe noise levels than adults, due to smaller/more tender eardrums?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:40 - Sep 27 with 1792 viewsMattinLondon

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:26 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Never occurred to me before, but do young kids have a lower threshold for safe noise levels than adults, due to smaller/more tender eardrums?

Yep.
Young kids are more sensitive to loud noise. Something to do with their ear canals being smaller which allows noise to enter their ears at a greater pressure.

We were concerned about the hearing of our youngest and the doctor very politely told us that we were being silly.
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 1749 viewsMookamoo

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:26 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

May well be that the young person has sensitive hearing, but more likely they have sensory issues, most likely Autism. If you can reduce one of the senses it helps young people cope and not have sensory overload, and then avoid a meltdown. The player wearing them helps normalise it and makes them feel at ease.

The club is trying hard to engage with the ASD community and make matchdays accessible.
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:51 - Sep 27 with 1742 viewsRyorry

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:40 - Sep 27 by MattinLondon

Yep.
Young kids are more sensitive to loud noise. Something to do with their ear canals being smaller which allows noise to enter their ears at a greater pressure.

We were concerned about the hearing of our youngest and the doctor very politely told us that we were being silly.

Bizarre that any doctor tells parents they're being silly for looking out for their kids' wellbeing.

Ta for the info 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 23:07 - Sep 27 with 1540 viewsBlueBadger

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:51 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Bizarre that any doctor tells parents they're being silly for looking out for their kids' wellbeing.

Ta for the info 👍

Medical gaslighting doesn't just happen to women, I can assure you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 08:09 - Sep 28 with 1276 viewsitfcpaul

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:50 - Sep 27 by Mookamoo

May well be that the young person has sensitive hearing, but more likely they have sensory issues, most likely Autism. If you can reduce one of the senses it helps young people cope and not have sensory overload, and then avoid a meltdown. The player wearing them helps normalise it and makes them feel at ease.

The club is trying hard to engage with the ASD community and make matchdays accessible.

My wife has a number of disabilities but one of the main ones is on match days, due to sensory/noise overload, its taken a few contacts but they have now provided headphones that not only bock out some of the noise, obviously, but also carry match commentary as well, really good, to be honest, it takes away any issues she has around noise, which can cause her to have seizures.....another positive move from the club...they aren't perfect but they are trying!!!

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 13:04 - Sep 28 with 1041 viewsitfc_bucks

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 20:26 - Sep 27 by Mookamoo

They do Sensory Packs for match days

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/sensory-packs-update-ipswich-town/

My daughter has to use these, on her rare trips to PR.

Can confirm a) they're fan and really work, and b) there really isn't too much you can ask of Lee and his team.

It's so emblematic of how our club has changed.
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 13:30 - Sep 28 with 1001 viewsSamWhiteUK

At the risk of sounding like a "snowflake", I have thought on numerous occasions about my hearing when at football games. Most recently was at Southampton - it's particularly around when everyone is applauding. Something about the claps, I can feel them going right through me and I can only imagine what it's doing to my hearing, especially as I already have mild tinnitus (which is going to be worse for the rest of the day now I'm thinking about it)
Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 14:22 - Sep 28 with 918 viewsMookamoo

Just noticed on the highlights Ball coming through the tunnel on 13:30 - Sep 28 by SamWhiteUK

At the risk of sounding like a "snowflake", I have thought on numerous occasions about my hearing when at football games. Most recently was at Southampton - it's particularly around when everyone is applauding. Something about the claps, I can feel them going right through me and I can only imagine what it's doing to my hearing, especially as I already have mild tinnitus (which is going to be worse for the rest of the day now I'm thinking about it)

I know someone who wears these to take the edge off crowd noises

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fidelity-Eargrace-Protection-Reduction-Musicians/dp/B07
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024