Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? 20:53 - Oct 4 with 2690 viewsJimInGreensboro

I'm not watching their game today, but Leicester and Preston are doing a whole bunch of nothing in their match.

At half, neither side has even a single shot on goal. Leicester have 76% of possession, but they've only been able to attempt 4 shots (versus Preston's 4).

I can only guess that Preston are turtling in their box.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 20:55 - Oct 4 with 2630 viewsFrimleyBlue

What are they shooting at if not the goal?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 20:56 - Oct 4 with 2646 viewsJimInGreensboro

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 20:55 - Oct 4 by FrimleyBlue

What are they shooting at if not the goal?

"target", then.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 20:56 - Oct 4 with 2640 viewsBigCommon

Was thinking the same, tbf.. Just seen those stats myself on iplayer... But we do have Broadhead and Hutchinson these days, who can unlock a defence with a bit of magic.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 21:04 - Oct 4 with 2570 viewsJimInGreensboro

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 20:56 - Oct 4 by BigCommon

Was thinking the same, tbf.. Just seen those stats myself on iplayer... But we do have Broadhead and Hutchinson these days, who can unlock a defence with a bit of magic.

Leicester just scored. Perhaps Preston will decide it's not the way to go against us.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 21:55 - Oct 4 with 2424 viewsitfcserbia

I watched the 2nd half, Leicester pretty sloppy in possession and looks like a team still gelling. My impression was it would be good to play them as soon as possible.
Preston completely oriented on keeping the ball out, very one-dimensional, taking their time, wasting whatever they could and attacking with just 2 or 3 players in the counterattack. Every chance they get they filled the box and looked for something from set pieces. Leicester scored their first from poor mistake in Preston defense and even after going behind Preston just kept defending.
Based on these 45 minutes I don't understand how they are 3rd in the table.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 01:45 - Oct 5 with 2123 viewsbournemouthblue

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 21:55 - Oct 4 by itfcserbia

I watched the 2nd half, Leicester pretty sloppy in possession and looks like a team still gelling. My impression was it would be good to play them as soon as possible.
Preston completely oriented on keeping the ball out, very one-dimensional, taking their time, wasting whatever they could and attacking with just 2 or 3 players in the counterattack. Every chance they get they filled the box and looked for something from set pieces. Leicester scored their first from poor mistake in Preston defense and even after going behind Preston just kept defending.

Having looked back across their results, they tend to have little possession but must be fairly quick at getting it forward and getting goals

I assume they're fairly direct, so shouldn't be taken lightly, particularly if they do look to park the bus and launch the ball into the channels much as Huddersfield did

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 06:30 - Oct 5 with 1976 viewsbrogansnose

They've conceded 8 goals and scored 1 in their last three games.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 07:09 - Oct 5 with 1883 viewsitfcserbia

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 01:45 - Oct 5 by bournemouthblue

Having looked back across their results, they tend to have little possession but must be fairly quick at getting it forward and getting goals

I assume they're fairly direct, so shouldn't be taken lightly, particularly if they do look to park the bus and launch the ball into the channels much as Huddersfield did

Very direct, very much like Huddersfield except for the press that Terriers gave us. Preston sat very deep against Leicester so they might be changing the approach for our game. Leicester did strike me as less disciplined than Town though and they were fairly slow in getting the ball to forward positions.
Preston did have a goal disallowed tbh for a very soft foul so definitely shouldn't be taken lightly.

Semper fidelis!

Login to get fewer ads

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 08:23 - Oct 5 with 1734 viewskeighleyblue

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 21:55 - Oct 4 by itfcserbia

A team still gelling, that's won 9 of their 10 matches.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 09:07 - Oct 5 with 1611 viewsjp_itfc

Both Omari and Broadhead to start for me. I agree with the comments regarding Taylor and his ability to shoot from range. Is also a game that would suit big Fred but Hirst has been fantastic last two so likely to be an appearance from the bench.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 09:16 - Oct 5 with 1575 viewsPinewoodblue

Preston seemed to play 4-4–1-1 with no interest in possession and keeping as many as possible behind the ball. They did however attack at pace.

Until Leicester scored, around the hour mark, they hardly ever left anyone upfield . Defending with an aimless kick upfield to no one.

An early goal, like Tuesday, would be ideal fans but will need to be patient and keep behind the players if we take a long time to score.

Going to be an interesting game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 09:17 - Oct 5 with 1567 viewsjayessess

We've played a few low-possession teams so far this season - Cardiff, QPR, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday - I'm not sure I'd describe any of them as playing in a low block exactly? We're also below average in the division for possession.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 10:55 - Oct 5 with 1405 viewspatrickswell

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 06:30 - Oct 5 by brogansnose

They've conceded 8 goals and scored 1 in their last three games.

Ironically, a lot of their success over the last year or so has been off the back of a strong defence.
A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 11:20 - Oct 5 with 1367 viewsitfcserbia

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 08:23 - Oct 5 by keighleyblue

A team still gelling, that's won 9 of their 10 matches.

Yes, but most of the goals I have seen so far from Leicester have come from patience on the ball and individual quality. Too bad we will play them at the end of December.

Semper fidelis!

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 16:15 - Oct 5 with 1178 viewsITFCSG

A low block from Preston on the way Saturday? on 09:17 - Oct 5 by jayessess

We've played a few low-possession teams so far this season - Cardiff, QPR, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday - I'm not sure I'd describe any of them as playing in a low block exactly? We're also below average in the division for possession.

Cardiff City - pretty much played man for man in a block until they scored. They lived to regret opening up and playing better football once 0-2 up. We finished them off once they did.

QPR - Played pretty much the same as Huddersfield except with more of the ball on the ground and aiming to attack on the counter. S. Armstrong would have scored and given them the lead on another day. We were fortuitous to win. Could have easily been a draw/loss.

Huddersfield - Championship's very own Cheltenham / Wycombe / Lincoln City. Once again, like in L1 we failed to break them down. Draw.

Sheff Wed - Only one that did not play anything like a block, no coherent plan, they were just hi ho everywhere. We should have put them to bed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024