Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see the Americans 17:37 - Oct 7 with 7292 viewsnoggin

supporting the oppressor over the oppressed, and Britain standing with them as usual.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Good to see the Americans on 17:40 - Oct 7 with 4263 viewsEddyJ

This was a sudden attack by the Palestinian government on Israeli territory against Israeli citizens.

Whatever you think about the situation in Israel, the actions of Hamas today were reprehensible and will do far more to damage their cause than help it.
Good to see the Americans on 17:44 - Oct 7 with 4202 viewsnoggin

Good to see the Americans on 17:40 - Oct 7 by EddyJ

This was a sudden attack by the Palestinian government on Israeli territory against Israeli citizens.

Whatever you think about the situation in Israel, the actions of Hamas today were reprehensible and will do far more to damage their cause than help it.

So what would be good for their cause?

Good to see the Americans on 17:47 - Oct 7 with 4189 viewspointofblue

The stupid thing is America was wobbling over the Israeli's government overhaul of the judiciary and the settler policy in the West Bank. Now Hamas has just strengthened their resolve again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Good to see the Americans on 17:48 - Oct 7 with 4168 viewsEddyJ

Good to see the Americans on 17:44 - Oct 7 by noggin

So what would be good for their cause?

I don't think anybody has a good answer to peace in the middle east.

But not launching a load of attacks against civilians today would have at least maintained the status quo. They have essentially given Israel just motive to turn the screw against them and lost a lot of sympathy internationally. And for what?
Good to see the Americans on 17:50 - Oct 7 with 4119 viewsnoggin

Good to see the Americans on 17:48 - Oct 7 by EddyJ

I don't think anybody has a good answer to peace in the middle east.

But not launching a load of attacks against civilians today would have at least maintained the status quo. They have essentially given Israel just motive to turn the screw against them and lost a lot of sympathy internationally. And for what?

The status quo? So apartheid?

Good to see the Americans on 17:55 - Oct 7 with 4093 viewsEddyJ

Good to see the Americans on 17:50 - Oct 7 by noggin

The status quo? So apartheid?

We have a state of what you are describing as "apartheid" either way. These attacks had zero chance of changing that. What they have done is caused at least 300 deaths so far and weakened Palestine's cause. Not sure why you think that's a good thing.

The South African apartheid was ended through negotiation.
Good to see the Americans on 18:02 - Oct 7 with 4010 viewsnoggin

Good to see the Americans on 17:55 - Oct 7 by EddyJ

We have a state of what you are describing as "apartheid" either way. These attacks had zero chance of changing that. What they have done is caused at least 300 deaths so far and weakened Palestine's cause. Not sure why you think that's a good thing.

The South African apartheid was ended through negotiation.

You think Israel is open to negotiation?

Good to see the Americans on 18:06 - Oct 7 with 3995 viewsgtsb1966

We've just won 4-2 and everyone's happy. Save it until Monday .
Login to get fewer ads

Good to see the Americans on 18:08 - Oct 7 with 3978 viewsronnyd

Good to see the Americans on 18:02 - Oct 7 by noggin

You think Israel is open to negotiation?

Not when Hamas fire rockets into Israel, no.
Good to see the Americans on 18:12 - Oct 7 with 3931 viewsbrazil1982

5000 rockets fired, multiple attacks by land, air and sea and you criticise America. Shameful.
Good to see the Americans on 19:14 - Oct 7 with 3803 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Get lost dude. Bodies of incident civilians are still burning.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 19:25]
Good to see the Americans on 19:52 - Oct 7 with 3655 viewsblueasfook

Don't be a nob. Have a day off Noggers

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Good to see the Americans on 08:41 - Oct 8 with 3407 viewsGlasgowBlue

300 dead. 1500 injured, women and children kidnapped, and you are excusing this barbarity. I can’t think of any other terrorist incident around the world where a poster would support those carrying out the attack.

You are utter scum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good to see the Americans on 08:49 - Oct 8 with 3407 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yeah, I normally back you up on the situation in Israel and Gaza, but you've called this totally wrong Noggin.

If you honestly think we should be supporting THIS then, I think you should stop posting on here for a while. Did you actually read anything about this before you decided to post your support?

These aren't members of the IDF or of the Israeli Government, just kids who went to a festival.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67044787

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Good to see the Americans on 08:49 - Oct 8 with 3405 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see the Americans on 08:41 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

300 dead. 1500 injured, women and children kidnapped, and you are excusing this barbarity. I can’t think of any other terrorist incident around the world where a poster would support those carrying out the attack.

You are utter scum.

Where in the op has he supported terrorism? Looks like to me he has highlighted the blindingly obvious that condemnation has been more immediate and strongly worded than when the roles are reversed.

I see that Rachel Riley has spoken too!
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/07/met-increases-patrols-in-london-
I'll ask you because you likely follow her and I don't know but has she been outspoken over issues like Palestinians being shot in the ankles while demonstrating.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good to see the Americans on 09:10 - Oct 8 with 3325 viewsnoggin

Good to see the Americans on 08:49 - Oct 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yeah, I normally back you up on the situation in Israel and Gaza, but you've called this totally wrong Noggin.

If you honestly think we should be supporting THIS then, I think you should stop posting on here for a while. Did you actually read anything about this before you decided to post your support?

These aren't members of the IDF or of the Israeli Government, just kids who went to a festival.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67044787

Where have I said that I support this? I stated in another thread that there is only losers in this conflict. My point is and always has been, governments covering their eyes to human rights abuses and deliberate breaches of internatiional laws. Then, when the inevitable happens, unwavering support for the oppressor.
Anyway, I'll leave it there.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 9:12]

Good to see the Americans on 09:13 - Oct 8 with 3300 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see the Americans on 08:49 - Oct 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Where in the op has he supported terrorism? Looks like to me he has highlighted the blindingly obvious that condemnation has been more immediate and strongly worded than when the roles are reversed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/07/met-increases-patrols-in-london-
I'll ask you because you likely follow her and I don't know but has she been outspoken over issues like Palestinians being shot in the ankles while demonstrating.

I’ve never seen her comments regarding Oakestinians being shot in the ankles. I’d be interested to see a link.

This is what I saw her post last night.

As a Jew, I would imagine she is very frightened when she sees this sort of reaction on the streets of London.

Do you condemn yesterday’s terrorist attacks Banksy?

Iron Lion Zion

Good to see the Americans on 09:20 - Oct 8 with 3281 viewsRamRob

Good to see the Americans on 09:10 - Oct 8 by noggin

Where have I said that I support this? I stated in another thread that there is only losers in this conflict. My point is and always has been, governments covering their eyes to human rights abuses and deliberate breaches of internatiional laws. Then, when the inevitable happens, unwavering support for the oppressor.
Anyway, I'll leave it there.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 9:12]

I'd say that's a case of posting for effect rather than being concise about what you mean, a blanket statement about the US and our government has very much turned out to be widely open to interpretation. Following up with a load of "gotcha" responses to other comments doesn't help.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Good to see the Americans on 09:41 - Oct 8 with 3232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see the Americans on 09:13 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve never seen her comments regarding Oakestinians being shot in the ankles. I’d be interested to see a link.

As a Jew, I would imagine she is very frightened when she sees this sort of reaction on the streets of London.

I'm guessing she's said nothing about it then.
What about more widely, has she ever expressed empathy with Palestinians?

Edit...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/04/gaza-strip-protesters-received-bul
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 9:43]

Good to see the Americans on 09:42 - Oct 8 with 3226 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good to see the Americans on 08:49 - Oct 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Semantics.

Zero condemnation of Hamas from either of you. Their cause has been set back 20 years.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 9:48]

Good to see the Americans on 09:44 - Oct 8 with 3212 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see the Americans on 09:42 - Oct 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Semantics.

Zero condemnation of Hamas from either of you. Their cause has been set back 20 years.

I wasn't replying to you.

Good to see the Americans on 09:46 - Oct 8 with 3193 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good to see the Americans on 09:44 - Oct 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

I wasn't replying to you.

Apologies. Will edit that part.

Good to see the Americans on 09:52 - Oct 8 with 3143 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see the Americans on 09:13 - Oct 8 by GlasgowBlue

Regarding condemnation.
I'm not a fan of violence whoever dishes it out and generally it is the most innocent that suffer the most. When I try to imagine what it must be to find yourself born into the grind that must be life in Gaza I struggle to imagine how I might respond meaningfully or constructively.

Good to see the Americans on 09:56 - Oct 8 with 3116 viewsnoggin

Good to see the Americans on 09:42 - Oct 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Semantics.

I 100% condemn the actions of Hamas. Innocent lives are being lost due to the actions of both sides, in a conflict where there can be no winners.

Good to see the Americans on 09:58 - Oct 8 with 3099 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see the Americans on 09:41 - Oct 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm guessing she's said nothing about it then.
What about more widely, has she ever expressed empathy with Palestinians?

Edit...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/04/gaza-strip-protesters-received-bul
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 9:43]

Hang on. You are attacking a British Jewish woman because she hasn’t expressed empathy with Palestinian people.

Why am I not surprised?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024