Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch 10:04 - Oct 10 with 8864 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Very powerful.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 6697 views_clive_baker_

Powerful plot twist.

The cheap shot would be to say watching that sh1t can't be good for anyone's health. But in all seriousness it's good to see football clubs using their reach for good. Good on them.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:29 - Oct 10 with 6589 viewsITFC_Forever

Nicely done..... you think for all the world it's the guy on left who is struggling.

You can never tell.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:46 - Oct 10 with 6487 viewsdirtyboy

I know I'm not alone on this board having been in a pretty poor place at one point, and whilst I shared with my immediate family (although not my mum as she struggles and I didn't want to amplify her issues) and a few close work colleagues, I didn't shout from the rooftops about some struggles I had.

What was mad is that I have an amazing wife and family, good job, all that I really want, but something wasn't right, clearly knew I wasn't thinking straight.

I reached out to my doctor, got some help and even though I was massively sceptical about the help I was offered, it worked better than I could have possibly imagined.

I was lucky that I felt I could talk to my wife about it, you might not or might not even have someone, but I cannot stress enough about just taking the one step to make a phone call to your GP or the Samaritans.

Look after yourself guys and girls.
Top boy dirtyboyers on 10:49 - Oct 10 with 6470 viewsDyland

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:46 - Oct 10 by dirtyboy

I know I'm not alone on this board having been in a pretty poor place at one point, and whilst I shared with my immediate family (although not my mum as she struggles and I didn't want to amplify her issues) and a few close work colleagues, I didn't shout from the rooftops about some struggles I had.

What was mad is that I have an amazing wife and family, good job, all that I really want, but something wasn't right, clearly knew I wasn't thinking straight.

I reached out to my doctor, got some help and even though I was massively sceptical about the help I was offered, it worked better than I could have possibly imagined.

I was lucky that I felt I could talk to my wife about it, you might not or might not even have someone, but I cannot stress enough about just taking the one step to make a phone call to your GP or the Samaritans.

Really important to talk to people innit, and frank posts like yours help de-stigmatise it all.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:58 - Oct 10 with 6384 viewshatch

Outstanding. Well done Norwich
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 11:35 - Oct 10 with 6212 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Very well done.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 11:38 - Oct 10 with 6199 viewsiamatractorboy

Meant to up vote but fat fingers down voted by mistake, sorry.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:03 - Oct 10 with 6079 viewsStuartBrett8

I had to re-tweet it, it's just a really powerful video and so important. Well done to the Norwich media team.

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Login to get fewer ads

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:31 - Oct 10 with 5968 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 10:46 - Oct 10 by dirtyboy

Good post.

Never mentioned it before on here but 8 years ago I got into a bad state over the course of around a year. Got diagnosed with trichotillimania for my eyelashes (something I did mention at the time on here and was helped with by a few posters) and wasn’t in a good headspace. Ended up going to a train station half naked, not entirely sure of my intentions and some random man stopped me, talked to me for a while and calmed me down. I don’t remember if he gave me his name or how long we were talking for but I know I was crying at the time and can still picture his face. That episode ended up with me speaking to someone about the stuff going on in my head and then a few weeks later applying for university (after years of saying I didn’t want to go) knowing i needed a fresh start of sorts.

What struck me is I quickly realised at uni from talking to people that actually a lot of people who looked perfectly happy and ‘normal’ (just like I had back in Romford) had been through something to the extent where their mental health had suffered. Back in the olden days, the whole stiff upper lip thing meant everyone suffered in silence but in a world now where we know what it is, everyone should feel comfortable talking. It’s a tough world out there but humans are fortunate in that we can communicate our inner feelings with each other. For that we are lucky.

I know myself I feel lucky to have had that random man there at that exact moment. Thats the good side of human nature that he stopped and listened when I was at breaking point. And without sounding all hippy, we all need to be there for each other. My messages are always open for anyone who ever wants to talk.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:33 - Oct 10 with 5957 views_clive_baker_

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:31 - Oct 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Good post.

Never mentioned it before on here but 8 years ago I got into a bad state over the course of around a year. Got diagnosed with trichotillimania for my eyelashes (something I did mention at the time on here and was helped with by a few posters) and wasn’t in a good headspace. Ended up going to a train station half naked, not entirely sure of my intentions and some random man stopped me, talked to me for a while and calmed me down. I don’t remember if he gave me his name or how long we were talking for but I know I was crying at the time and can still picture his face. That episode ended up with me speaking to someone about the stuff going on in my head and then a few weeks later applying for university (after years of saying I didn’t want to go) knowing i needed a fresh start of sorts.

What struck me is I quickly realised at uni from talking to people that actually a lot of people who looked perfectly happy and ‘normal’ (just like I had back in Romford) had been through something to the extent where their mental health had suffered. Back in the olden days, the whole stiff upper lip thing meant everyone suffered in silence but in a world now where we know what it is, everyone should feel comfortable talking. It’s a tough world out there but humans are fortunate in that we can communicate our inner feelings with each other. For that we are lucky.

I know myself I feel lucky to have had that random man there at that exact moment. Thats the good side of human nature that he stopped and listened when I was at breaking point. And without sounding all hippy, we all need to be there for each other. My messages are always open for anyone who ever wants to talk.

Good on you both for speaking so bravely about your experiences.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 5887 viewsStewart27

Excellent post.

Great video NCFC - well played 👏🏼
Random acts of kindness aren't actually random at all on 12:47 - Oct 10 with 5856 viewsDyland

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:31 - Oct 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Good post.

Strangers can change whole histories with a simple smile and kind word.

Good on ya for sharing, Rommers. And I hope the lashes have grown back ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 12:55 - Oct 10 with 5805 viewsBigCommon

It's worth remembering, that a lot of people suffering mental health issues, won't have it in them, to attend public events such as football matches.... If you have a neighbour or friend, that you don't see that often and just assume that they like to keep themselves to themselves. They could actually be struggling a bit..
If you've dropped someone, because every time you invite them out, they find an excuse not to go, they could actually be struggling a bit..
A PM, 2 minute phone call, text message, can go a long way to making that person feel like they have not been forgotten or cast aside. Even if they don't pick up the phone or reply to any message straight away.. They will appreciate it, all the same.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 13:33 - Oct 10 with 5622 viewsGlasgowBlue

That is amazingly brilliant. Really gets over the message.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 13:33 - Oct 10 with 5625 viewsChurchman

Thank you for sharing this. Very powerful, very important.

As I’ve said before, mental health is a sort of shunned topic (poor words). People don’t as a rule talk about it and I was certainly brought up in a ‘stiff upper lip’ world. You ‘man up’, ‘show backbone’, be strong’. To this day, everything is internalised with me. What an idiot. What twaddle. A weak response and a really good way to head to a dark place.

I suspect most of us have done just that at some point in our lives. Some of course to the unimaginable, as Mrs C’s cousin did, despite having so much to live for. As a friend of his, could I have done more? Probably not, but I never even saw it coming.

Mental health like so many things is not funded properly and because you can’t always see the problem, it’s often ignored which is why that tweet is so powerful. It’s why I try and support it and am so pleased when people share experiences (another poor word) as some have in this thread. If sharing stuff helps just 0.1% it’s well worth it in my opinion.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 13:49 - Oct 10 with 5532 viewsBigCommon

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 13:33 - Oct 10 by Churchman

As I’ve said before, mental health is a sort of shunned topic (poor words). People don’t as a rule talk about it and I was certainly brought up in a ‘stiff upper lip’ world. You ‘man up’, ‘show backbone’, be strong’. To this day, everything is internalised with me. What an idiot. What twaddle. A weak response and a really good way to head to a dark place.

I suspect most of us have done just that at some point in our lives. Some of course to the unimaginable, as Mrs C’s cousin did, despite having so much to live for. As a friend of his, could I have done more? Probably not, but I never even saw it coming.

Mental health like so many things is not funded properly and because you can’t always see the problem, it’s often ignored which is why that tweet is so powerful. It’s why I try and support it and am so pleased when people share experiences (another poor word) as some have in this thread. If sharing stuff helps just 0.1% it’s well worth it in my opinion.

I think anyone with mental health issues, feels more comfortable talking to fellow sufferers about their problems. There is a feeling of mutual understanding and equality... The more people that find the courage to reach out. The easier it will become for everyone..
I, too, grew up in a time where.... "you just got on with it"
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:15 - Oct 10 with 5423 viewsHipsterectomy

Nice video but it’s essentially this which is the best one I’ve seen

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:16 - Oct 10 with 5420 views_clive_baker_

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 13:33 - Oct 10 by Churchman

I had a similar experience with a colleague of mine, a classic example of 'you would never have known'. Hopefully he did have people to speak to, I wouldn't necessarily have expected him to open up to me as I didn't know him very well although I would of course have tried to help. From the outside it just seemed so unlikely and was so shocking. He was popular, late 20's, handsome chap who all the single girls fancied, doing well in his job etc. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him at a work dinner, got on well with the guy and nattered for a couple of hours with those around us. Less than a fortnight later I learned he had taken his own life.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

I would urge anyone who might be feeling down to talk. Appreciate it's not always as easy as that perhaps though.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 11:27]
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:46 - Oct 10 with 5300 viewsitfc_bucks

This could very easily have been a post that I wrote.

I had my final (for now) therapy session just last week. As someone who used to (very vocally) be of the "pull your socks up and get on with it" school of thought on mental health, things need to change.

One of the positives of this forum, I've often felt, is that, regardless of the petty squabbles that go on, I do actually think we have a fundamental core of "good" folks on here. Think I've only me Phil and one other of you in the real world, but I'm glad you're all here.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:54 - Oct 10 with 5261 views_clive_baker_

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:46 - Oct 10 by itfc_bucks

This could very easily have been a post that I wrote.

I had my final (for now) therapy session just last week. As someone who used to (very vocally) be of the "pull your socks up and get on with it" school of thought on mental health, things need to change.

One of the positives of this forum, I've often felt, is that, regardless of the petty squabbles that go on, I do actually think we have a fundamental core of "good" folks on here. Think I've only me Phil and one other of you in the real world, but I'm glad you're all here.

Nice words. All the best to you with your recovery bucks.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 15:08 - Oct 10 with 5207 viewsDeano69

That's terrific.

Stuff like this should always rise above any rivalry however fierce, nice work, and that doesn't come easy to say other than where credit is due!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 16:42 - Oct 10 with 5001 viewsIllinoisblue

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 14:15 - Oct 10 by Hipsterectomy

Nice video but it’s essentially this which is the best one I’ve seen

Not to be too critical but her delivery of “hey, just wanted to let you know….” Seemed a little too upbeat. Nitpicking of course and doesn’t dilute the strong message.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 16:52 - Oct 10 with 4961 viewsWestSussexBlue

Wow, good on them.
That’s quite a hard watch.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 16:57 - Oct 10 with 4939 viewsSeablue

Excellent. A credit to them.
I know it’s a Norwich tweet but this is worth a watch on 17:10 - Oct 10 with 4916 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Fair play Nodge.
Back in 2005/6, I had a s/t for me and my son in the family section in lower Cobbold. Next to us was a young lad of a similar age who went with either his Mum or Dad. After Christmas, the Dad didn't come any more, it was his Mum or Grandad. I learned that the father had taken his own life. I just regretted so much that I hadn't tried to speak to him more, who knows if it could have made a difference.
Now in the SBR Upper, I'm sat next to a young man on his own who seems very quiet. I think I need to talk to him more, this short film has reminded me of what happened in 05/06 and that we can't just take for granted that our neighbouring fans are ok. Thanks for posting Rommers.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 17:11]

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024