Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262323 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:21 - Dec 4 with 3045 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:19 - Dec 4 by redrickstuhaart

I note that you completely ignore the points made in favour of nitpocking again.

I note that the idea of a mindset- ie one side think its something that should be arrestable, but justified in the other direction, causes you cognitive dissonance.

I am not prepared to engage with you any further, as a result of your despicable and dishonest insults / allegations against both me and SB.

That’s a long winded way of saying “No”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:35 - Dec 4 with 3032 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:21 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

That’s a long winded way of saying “No”.

It's a polite way of saying stop being a weaponising plank.

Pronouns: He/Him

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:40 - Dec 4 with 3013 viewsDarth_Koont

James Elder of Unicef spells out how we're paying lip service to the idea of a less heavy-handed response and minimizing the impact on civilians especially children. From the BBC:

"There's been a really strong message that's come from the highest levels that what happened in the north - the horror people endured - must not be allowed to happen in the south. Well, that is absolutely the case," Elder said.

He estimated that bombs fall "every 10 minutes".

For people in southern Gaza, the danger is now combined with exhaustion: "When you've been displaced three or four times under bombardment [people are] fatigued, exhausted, trying to keep it together for their children - they have nowhere to go," Elder said.

"When I see child after child wheeled in, parents screaming on stretchers with horrendous wounds of war one after the other, hour after the other - they're not safe in hospitals, they're not safe in shelters," he added.

"There is no way I feel safe, no-one else feels safe."

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:56 - Dec 4 with 2948 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:40 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

James Elder of Unicef spells out how we're paying lip service to the idea of a less heavy-handed response and minimizing the impact on civilians especially children. From the BBC:

"There's been a really strong message that's come from the highest levels that what happened in the north - the horror people endured - must not be allowed to happen in the south. Well, that is absolutely the case," Elder said.

He estimated that bombs fall "every 10 minutes".

For people in southern Gaza, the danger is now combined with exhaustion: "When you've been displaced three or four times under bombardment [people are] fatigued, exhausted, trying to keep it together for their children - they have nowhere to go," Elder said.

"When I see child after child wheeled in, parents screaming on stretchers with horrendous wounds of war one after the other, hour after the other - they're not safe in hospitals, they're not safe in shelters," he added.

"There is no way I feel safe, no-one else feels safe."

James Elder's words are really powerful and you can hear that he is on the verge of tears every time he speaks.

Following on from the horrendous attacks on 7 October, never is the phrase "Man's inhumanity to man" more apt, but perhaps better expressed as "Man's inhumanity to man, woman and child".
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 9:58]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:00 - Dec 4 with 2924 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:48 - Dec 3 by BloomBlue

Where in the Torah does it state a 'single Israeli state'

It doesn't

Now imagine one of our far right posters stated that all Muslim children are taught hateful nonsense such as beheading all non believers and murdering Jews hiding behind rocks because they are taught the Quran?

Pretty certain there would be shouts of racism against said poster.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:01 - Dec 4 with 2929 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:56 - Dec 4 by DJR

James Elder's words are really powerful and you can hear that he is on the verge of tears every time he speaks.

Following on from the horrendous attacks on 7 October, never is the phrase "Man's inhumanity to man" more apt, but perhaps better expressed as "Man's inhumanity to man, woman and child".
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 9:58]

Indeed. Shameful that these voices on the ground — and the unacceptable human cost itself — are being ignored.

Ceasefire now!

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:06 - Dec 4 with 2906 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:00 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

It doesn't

Now imagine one of our far right posters stated that all Muslim children are taught hateful nonsense such as beheading all non believers and murdering Jews hiding behind rocks because they are taught the Quran?

Interesting, so are you suggesting that the Torah doesn't set out the borders of the promised land?
Or doesn't explain how to deal with the current occupants of that land?
Or that Isreali children are not taught the Torah?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:28 - Dec 4 with 2810 viewsZapers

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:00 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

It doesn't

Abuse reported hahahaha. looks like you've upset one of the far right posters!

It surely couldn't come from the far left gang, could it......
Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:40 - Dec 4 with 2782 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:28 - Dec 4 by Zapers

Abuse reported hahahaha. looks like you've upset one of the far right posters!

It surely couldn't come from the far left gang, could it......

Very odd. Because during the IS attacks somebody did actually post that muslim children were being radicalised by reading the Quran's call to kill all non believers. And they were called a racist by several other posters.

But you can get away by saying that Jewish kids are being radicalised to kill Palestinians by the words of the Torah. The same Torah that makes up the first five books of the Old Testament, which most of us were taught at school ad hasn't seen us grow up to want to kill any inhabitants living in "the Promised Land"

The majority of Muslims do not take the words that were written over a thousand years ago so literally as to wage jihad against non muslims.

Leitrim tried to make a very clumsy point and then doubled down on it with deranged and dangerous nonsense.

edit. It's pretty obvious why Im getting abuse reports though. Very transparent. Thankfully Phil actually reads the posts that are reported as abuse.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 11:42]

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:49 - Dec 4 with 2762 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:40 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

Very odd. Because during the IS attacks somebody did actually post that muslim children were being radicalised by reading the Quran's call to kill all non believers. And they were called a racist by several other posters.

But you can get away by saying that Jewish kids are being radicalised to kill Palestinians by the words of the Torah. The same Torah that makes up the first five books of the Old Testament, which most of us were taught at school ad hasn't seen us grow up to want to kill any inhabitants living in "the Promised Land"

The majority of Muslims do not take the words that were written over a thousand years ago so literally as to wage jihad against non muslims.

Leitrim tried to make a very clumsy point and then doubled down on it with deranged and dangerous nonsense.

edit. It's pretty obvious why Im getting abuse reports though. Very transparent. Thankfully Phil actually reads the posts that are reported as abuse.

So once again are you denying that the torah sets out how to deal with the current occupants of the promised land?
Are you denying that Isreali kids are taught the Torah?
Or are you suggesting that the Torah as no influence over Isreali culture?
And will you clarify why quoting the torah is deranged and dangerous nonsense?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:51 - Dec 4 with 2751 viewsleitrimblue

I imagine it's probably because you have chosen to be a unpaid spokesman/ useful idiot for the IDF
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:54 - Dec 4 with 2725 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

More Iranian backed attacks on civilian shipping today, and a reminder why the West has bolstered it’s Naval presence in the region:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67607862.amp
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:03 - Dec 4 with 2694 viewsBloomBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:06 - Dec 4 by leitrimblue

Interesting, so are you suggesting that the Torah doesn't set out the borders of the promised land?
Or doesn't explain how to deal with the current occupants of that land?
Or that Isreali children are not taught the Torah?

The Torah is the first five books of the old testament 'Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Many religions accept the teaching of the Torah including Muslims. It is also a sacred script to the Samaritans.

Jewish children are indeed taught the old testament in school, but where in the Torah does it state a 'single Israeli state' ?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:26 - Dec 4 with 2656 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:03 - Dec 4 by BloomBlue

The Torah is the first five books of the old testament 'Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Many religions accept the teaching of the Torah including Muslims. It is also a sacred script to the Samaritans.

Jewish children are indeed taught the old testament in school, but where in the Torah does it state a 'single Israeli state' ?

Start with Genesis 12:1, Genesis 12:7,Genesis 15:18-21
Genesis 26:3, Genesis 28:13 and 32:28.
For the best description of the borders of the promised land and how to deal with its current occupants see Exodus 23:31-33
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:32 - Dec 4 with 2634 viewsBloomBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:26 - Dec 4 by leitrimblue

Start with Genesis 12:1, Genesis 12:7,Genesis 15:18-21
Genesis 26:3, Genesis 28:13 and 32:28.
For the best description of the borders of the promised land and how to deal with its current occupants see Exodus 23:31-33

"I will establish your borders from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, and from the desert to the Euphrates River. I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you.” (Exodus 23:31)

That was said to Abraham’s descendants, remember Palestinians also believe they are descendants from Abraham.

So again where does it say a 'single Israeli state' ?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:33 - Dec 4 with 2571 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:32 - Dec 4 by BloomBlue

"I will establish your borders from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, and from the desert to the Euphrates River. I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you.” (Exodus 23:31)

That was said to Abraham’s descendants, remember Palestinians also believe they are descendants from Abraham.

So again where does it say a 'single Israeli state' ?

Not sure what you are getting at.
Are you suggesting that the concept of the promised land is not central to the establishment of the state of Isreal?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:51 - Dec 4 with 2537 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:49 - Dec 4 by leitrimblue

So once again are you denying that the torah sets out how to deal with the current occupants of the promised land?
Are you denying that Isreali kids are taught the Torah?
Or are you suggesting that the Torah as no influence over Isreali culture?
And will you clarify why quoting the torah is deranged and dangerous nonsense?

Love you Leitrim, but not sure I love this lone of posting. Can I just ask what your point is though, just for clarity?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:11 - Dec 4 with 2520 viewseireblue

Tommy Yaxley Racist, does exactly that.

He confronts people and says stuff such as, have you read this exact part of this exact book, and did you know…blah blah, hence Islam is a hateful religion, all the followers are…blah….etc…

Yep, people should never, ever go full Tommy.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:26 - Dec 4 with 2495 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:11 - Dec 4 by eireblue

Tommy Yaxley Racist, does exactly that.

He confronts people and says stuff such as, have you read this exact part of this exact book, and did you know…blah blah, hence Islam is a hateful religion, all the followers are…blah….etc…

Yep, people should never, ever go full Tommy.

100 percent.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:46 - Dec 4 with 2463 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:51 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Love you Leitrim, but not sure I love this lone of posting. Can I just ask what your point is though, just for clarity?

Love you too man, almost as much as I love the historical truth . My original reply comes from a few pages back and was in response to someone suggesting that you would never hear mention of from the river to the sea by pro Isreali voices.
I then qouted the passage from Exodus involving the gift of the promised land to Abraham and his descendants as an example of exactly that.
I'm not sure if people are unaware of the importance of this text in the establishment of the state of Isreal or just choosing to ignore it and cry anti semitic wolf again ( not yerself).
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:05 - Dec 4 with 2427 viewsBlueschev

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:38 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

I note that you completely avoided my question regarding your claim that chanting “from the river to the sea" is arrestable in one direction, but justified in the other. So I’ll ask again.

Are you aware of a single person being arrestied in the UK for this chant at the pro Palestine marches, and are you aware of anyone at a pro Israeli march in the UK using this chant?

"From the river to the sea" has been Israeli policy for decades. You shared a tweet by Naftali Bennett on this thread, look up what he and his party have said on the subject.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:09 - Dec 4 with 2414 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:05 - Dec 4 by Blueschev

"From the river to the sea" has been Israeli policy for decades. You shared a tweet by Naftali Bennett on this thread, look up what he and his party have said on the subject.

Perhaps, like Leitrim, you are struggling to read what I actually posted. So I’ll copy it word for word.

“Are you aware of a single person being arrested in the UK for this chant at the pro Palestine marches, and are you aware of anyone at a pro Israeli march in the UK using this chant?

So far nobody has been able to answer this very simple question.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:10]

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:11 - Dec 4 with 2403 viewsZapers

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:51 - Dec 4 by leitrimblue

I imagine it's probably because you have chosen to be a unpaid spokesman/ useful idiot for the IDF

Rude as usual.

Take a tip, he didn't even report your post as abuse. He has more sense that to waste admins time.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:13 - Dec 4 with 2393 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:11 - Dec 4 by Zapers

Rude as usual.

Take a tip, he didn't even report your post as abuse. He has more sense that to waste admins time.

I’d rather leave his libellous post on display mate.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:13 - Dec 4 with 2395 viewsBlueschev

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:09 - Dec 4 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps, like Leitrim, you are struggling to read what I actually posted. So I’ll copy it word for word.

“Are you aware of a single person being arrested in the UK for this chant at the pro Palestine marches, and are you aware of anyone at a pro Israeli march in the UK using this chant?

So far nobody has been able to answer this very simple question.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 15:10]

No I'm not aware, are you? I'd be very uncomfortable for people on either side to be arrested for such a chant. Would you not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024