Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 07:35 - Nov 9 with 6432 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67364745

And Sunak is too piss weak as a PM to do anything about it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 10:16 - Nov 9 with 1515 viewsMookamoo

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 08:12 - Nov 9 by bluelagos

Mad Nads has cleared it up. She is the current favourite of "the movement" and so is maneuvering for her tory leadership bid post next election.

She is right.

Braverman is in a win-win situation. She can say what she wants, or get sacked by Sunak and become that 'voice of the party' from the back benches. Either makes her the obvious choice for next leader. God help us all.
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 10:51 - Nov 9 with 1467 viewsSivell

I can’t work out if she is mad, plain stupid, or playing a calculated game aimed at cementing her position as the darling of the right. Certainly, after seeing her, Patel, Rees-Mogg and Farage together, leading the new Tories after their election defeat, we will never have to worry about them in power again.

Just to confirm this, my wife, who voted Tory once (long before she met me I add), has received a letter from our local MP. It contains thinly-veiled racism and plays into people’s fears, even attacking the Labour council over ‘helping’ immigrants, etc.

It is so awful…
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 10:54 - Nov 9 with 1462 viewsDJR

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 09:26 - Nov 9 by Swansea_Blue

I'm pretty sure she's an islamophobe. She's got history, what with her rantings about "Pakistani men".

Quit unhinged.

I think there's no doubt she's Islamophobic.

In recent weeks, she has called a predominantly Muslim march a hate march and all on it hate marchers. And in today's Times she calls it a pro-Palestine mob, and goes on to say "“I do not believe that these marches are merely a cry for help for Gaza. They are an assertion of primacy by certain groups – particularly Islamists – of the kind we are more used to seeing in Northern Ireland."

I also believe her condemnation of minority communities which don't adhere to British values is aimed at the Muslim community. The irony of this is that those on the march are objecting to the presumably British value of supporting the bombing of innocent civilians in Gaza.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 10:54]
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:02 - Nov 9 with 1427 viewsBlueschev

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 10:54 - Nov 9 by DJR

In recent weeks, she has called a predominantly Muslim march a hate march and all on it hate marchers. And in today's Times she calls it a pro-Palestine mob, and goes on to say "“I do not believe that these marches are merely a cry for help for Gaza. They are an assertion of primacy by certain groups – particularly Islamists – of the kind we are more used to seeing in Northern Ireland."

I also believe her condemnation of minority communities which don't adhere to British values is aimed at the Muslim community. The irony of this is that those on the march are objecting to the presumably British value of supporting the bombing of innocent civilians in Gaza.

The inference the those marching share a moral equivalence with the EDL or National Front is frankly disgusting. Her rhetoric is going to inflame tensions, which is exactly what she wants as it can aid this disgusting government to further attack our freedoms.
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:03 - Nov 9 with 1429 viewsitfcjoe

The problem is here, she is going to be right, and be emboldened, and further weaken Sunak.

It will kick off at the weekend, and it is all so predictable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:08 - Nov 9 with 1417 viewsitfcjoe

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 10:54 - Nov 9 by DJR

I do think there is always a misunderstanding that there is obviously also racism in BAME communities, if she was saying what she was as a white person in politics she'd be seen as so extreme and not in frontline politics

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:18 - Nov 9 with 1391 viewsHerbivore

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:03 - Nov 9 by itfcjoe

The problem is here, she is going to be right, and be emboldened, and further weaken Sunak.

It will kick off at the weekend, and it is all so predictable

If she does end up being right she should be charged with incitement, given the way she's been seeking to stoke divisions and create a particular narrative about the protests and about the purpose of armistice day.

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:23 - Nov 9 with 1369 viewsDJR

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 10:16 - Nov 9 by Mookamoo

She is right.

Braverman is in a win-win situation. She can say what she wants, or get sacked by Sunak and become that 'voice of the party' from the back benches. Either makes her the obvious choice for next leader. God help us all.

This recent poll from Conservative Home suggests she is down the pecking order.

https://conservativehome.com/2023/11/06/our-cabinet-league-table-cleverly-goes-t
Login to get fewer ads

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:25 - Nov 9 with 1362 viewsHerbivore

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:23 - Nov 9 by DJR

https://conservativehome.com/2023/11/06/our-cabinet-league-table-cleverly-goes-t

What the actual fook is wrong with Conservative voters? It's like they live on a different planet.

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:27 - Nov 9 with 1359 viewsitfcjoe

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:18 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

If she does end up being right she should be charged with incitement, given the way she's been seeking to stoke divisions and create a particular narrative about the protests and about the purpose of armistice day.

Absolutely, she is deliberately stoking this up

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 11:48 - Nov 9 with 1321 viewsBuhrer

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 08:08 - Nov 9 by unstableblue

For a Home Secretary to use such inflammatory and divisive language, and attempt to politicise the debate, whilst criticising her own police force, it’s unprecedented

It’s right wing populism at its worst.

In any sane government she would have to go.

How can anyone vote for them?

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:56 - Nov 9 with 1298 viewsbaxterbasics

Yes I think Braverman is far from the 'obvious choice' for the leadership - but she is looking to be the chosen one for that particular element of the party. Badenoch for me would be much more preferable and capable. The moderate wing most likely will see Mordaunt as their candidate. Serious lack of options from the men here - Cleverly? Meh.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:00 - Nov 9 with 1290 viewsHerbivore

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:56 - Nov 9 by baxterbasics

Yes I think Braverman is far from the 'obvious choice' for the leadership - but she is looking to be the chosen one for that particular element of the party. Badenoch for me would be much more preferable and capable. The moderate wing most likely will see Mordaunt as their candidate. Serious lack of options from the men here - Cleverly? Meh.

A list of Tory leadership candidates is much like the Bristol stool chart, however you dress it up it's just different kinds of sh!t. Braverman and Bad Enoch seem to be keen to be stools with edge, Cleverly would very much be more of an accidental shart.

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:02 - Nov 9 with 1280 viewsMookamoo

Christ. Which one of those would you choose knowing you have to. Someone has to be leader. Cleverly might well be the least worst option.

I'm guessing it will be between Tugendhat and Braverman when they actually get down to it
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:08 - Nov 9 with 1256 viewsBuhrer

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:56 - Nov 9 by baxterbasics

Braverman? No thanks. Mordaunt though, I would say she looks very likely to get it

Her carrying Excalibur, phwor says the son!
Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:16 - Nov 9 with 1241 viewsClapham_Junction

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 08:54 - Nov 9 by giant_stow

Getting them out should be everyone's political focus. No two ways about it - as discussed above, 5 more years of them would be an utter disaster.

Getting them out should have been the focus since 2010, yet we had people on here gleefully celebrating Labour losing in 2015. Imagine how much pain from the last eight years could have been avoided if people had done the right thing in 2015...
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:16 - Nov 9 with 1249 viewsle2blue

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 11:27 - Nov 9 by itfcjoe

Absolutely, she is deliberately stoking this up

She is taking the Tories all the way to the right and when they lose the next election she will become the next leader, leading the party of the over 65's Brexiters into the abyss.

She is to the Tories what Derek Hatton and the militant left were to the Labour Party in the 80s, and they'll have to go through a period of internal turmoil and defeats until a centrist can turn them around.

All as predicted quite eloquently by Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell in one of their recent podcasts. Despite the rise of popularism, in the long term, the UK electorate is centrist and won't put up with her dangerous do whistling.
Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:23 - Nov 9 with 1208 viewsDJR

Sunak deserves equal censure too. His vow to hold the Met chief to account over the march is unprecedented and dangerous.

And he keeps letting Braverman get away with saying the most hateful things.
Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:27 - Nov 9 with 1188 viewsgiant_stow

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:16 - Nov 9 by Clapham_Junction

Getting them out should have been the focus since 2010, yet we had people on here gleefully celebrating Labour losing in 2015. Imagine how much pain from the last eight years could have been avoided if people had done the right thing in 2015...

Gleefully celebrating 2015's loss? I honestly don't remember that, although accept my memory is completely addled, so maybe you're right.

Speaking as someone who was never keen on Corbyn's labour (on the grounds that they were unelectable), that never stopped me from voting for them.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:28 - Nov 9 with 1182 viewsDanTheMan

As expected, she's gone rogue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67368785

Meanwhile, he has "full confidence" in her. Suuuuuuuuuuure.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:32 - Nov 9 with 1154 viewsgiant_stow

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:28 - Nov 9 by DanTheMan

He might have to wait to see what happens with the march before kicking her out.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:36 - Nov 9 with 1113 viewsHerbivore

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:28 - Nov 9 by DanTheMan

Surprise, surprise, the evil c*** has also breached the ministerial code again by not getting it cleared. How many breaches is that now? Hardly surprising given she was accused of rigging elections back in her uni days.

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:37 - Nov 9 with 1106 viewsbaxterbasics

Braverman is genuinely unhinged #674437 on 12:16 - Nov 9 by le2blue

She is taking the Tories all the way to the right and when they lose the next election she will become the next leader, leading the party of the over 65's Brexiters into the abyss.

She is to the Tories what Derek Hatton and the militant left were to the Labour Party in the 80s, and they'll have to go through a period of internal turmoil and defeats until a centrist can turn them around.

All as predicted quite eloquently by Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell in one of their recent podcasts. Despite the rise of popularism, in the long term, the UK electorate is centrist and won't put up with her dangerous do whistling.

It is true that UK elections are won on the centre ground. Blair knew it, Cameron knew it, Starmer knows it - and the fringe loons on either side are never happy about it.

Worth adding however - the centre-point of the electorate can and does shift, usually in the opposite direction of travel to the party in power.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:38 - Nov 9 with 1097 viewsBuhrer

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:27 - Nov 9 by giant_stow

Gleefully celebrating 2015's loss? I honestly don't remember that, although accept my memory is completely addled, so maybe you're right.

Speaking as someone who was never keen on Corbyn's labour (on the grounds that they were unelectable), that never stopped me from voting for them.

2015 was Ed with all of the right wing rags dog whistling "bacon" "strangeness" alerts.
Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:40 - Nov 9 with 1082 viewsgiant_stow

Reason to vote out the Tories #22,747 on 12:38 - Nov 9 by Buhrer

2015 was Ed with all of the right wing rags dog whistling "bacon" "strangeness" alerts.

Oh sh1t - oops!

But, even more so, who celebrated Ed's loss from the labour camp here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024