Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women’s football 21:12 - Nov 19 with 3944 viewsITFC1977

I usually use the sky sports scores app to check matches coming up and scores on the day. Although it’s a first world problem it seems strange I have to scroll past women’s super league, women’s Scottish premier league and women’s championship before I can check the scores of euro 2024 qualifiers. Is it a box ticking excersise or are they in order of importance as it always was?
Women’s football on 22:11 - Nov 19 with 3425 viewsBlueStreak

Who cares? Edgy
Women’s football on 22:17 - Nov 19 with 3413 viewsBigCommon

Yeah, really annoying. Same with BBC sports page... Wish there was a way of opting out of Women's football news. Like some clever ad blocker.. I feel like I'm being force fed something I'm not interested in.
Women’s football on 22:18 - Nov 19 with 3403 viewsSwansea_Blue

I watched Chelsea v Liverpool yesterday. Enjoyed it. Good match, good atmosphere, a bucket of goals (a few really good ones). Not really fussed where the scores are tbh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Women’s football on 09:45 - Nov 20 with 3143 viewsVaughan8

Women’s football on 22:17 - Nov 19 by BigCommon

Yeah, really annoying. Same with BBC sports page... Wish there was a way of opting out of Women's football news. Like some clever ad blocker.. I feel like I'm being force fed something I'm not interested in.

Sometimes I have talksport on in the car and they'll talk about the "big clash" between Liverpool v Chelsea (other teams available) and it takes me a second to think it must be the womens football.

I'm not sure why we can't label it "Chelsea womens" anymore, probably some sensitive reason. BBC had "Manchester Derby" this weekend.

On the OP point, I can maybe understand it for the Premier league, but the scottish and championship leagues, I would imagine don't have too much of a following.
Women’s football on 11:24 - Nov 20 with 3040 viewsJimmyJazz

Maybe a filter rather than a blocker is more appropriate.

Maybe TWTD could apply something like that for the News Feed

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Women’s football on 11:40 - Nov 20 with 3017 viewshoppy

Why don't you just go into your settings in the app, and just select the competitions you want to follow - you don't have to select the women's leagues if you don't want to.

"Select one or more competitions in order to see their scores first on game day"

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Women’s football on 12:05 - Nov 20 with 2960 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

And they say the children in Gaza have it tough.

Stay strong.
Women’s football on 12:11 - Nov 20 with 2944 viewsbaxterbasics

It does feel a bit like they are trying to meet a demand that isn't quite there yet. A bit like the plant-based foods occupying more and more of the supermarket shelves, only to end up on the reduced section at the end of the day.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Women’s football on 13:04 - Nov 20 with 2889 viewsBlueStreak

Women’s football on 12:11 - Nov 20 by baxterbasics

It does feel a bit like they are trying to meet a demand that isn't quite there yet. A bit like the plant-based foods occupying more and more of the supermarket shelves, only to end up on the reduced section at the end of the day.

There were 45k at the Manchester derby.
Women’s football on 13:07 - Nov 20 with 2884 viewsSwansea_Blue

Women’s football on 13:04 - Nov 20 by BlueStreak

I was surprised at the crowd at the Chelsea game. The lower tier(s) looked full. It must have been a Championship-sized crowd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Women’s football on 13:27 - Nov 20 with 2827 viewsJimmyJazz

No doubt it has an audience, but it's a little bit like someone registering an interest in Football news and results and then finding that Rugby also gets included

A lot of Football fans like both sports, but not all.

Women’s football on 13:40 - Nov 20 with 2797 viewsBlueStreak

Women’s football on 13:27 - Nov 20 by JimmyJazz

No doubt it has an audience, but it's a little bit like someone registering an interest in Football news and results and then finding that Rugby also gets included

A lot of Football fans like both sports, but not all.

It really isn't, that is a terrible example. Same sport played by different genders off the back of a summer where the country was behind them in a world cup final.

So you have admitted it has an audience, so why shouldn't it be near the top of the fixtures ahead of San Marino v Luxembourg or Hornchurch v Staines in the FA Vase this weekend?
Women’s football on 13:44 - Nov 20 with 2753 viewsJack27

From my experience they give a lot of tickets away for free and the rest about £10-£15...and the 45K will included people who got free tickets and didn't go.
Women’s football on 13:58 - Nov 20 with 2718 viewsJimmyJazz

Women’s football on 13:40 - Nov 20 by BlueStreak

It really isn't, that is a terrible example. Same sport played by different genders off the back of a summer where the country was behind them in a world cup final.

So you have admitted it has an audience, so why shouldn't it be near the top of the fixtures ahead of San Marino v Luxembourg or Hornchurch v Staines in the FA Vase this weekend?

It definitely has an audience, I didn't even think that was up for debate. I realise other opinions exist in this thread but i'm not of the opinion that Women's football doesn't have an audience

What i'm advocating is a filter so that you choose what you want to see.

i.e. I want to see Football scores, not Rugby. And in Football I want to see Men's Football not Women's Football, while I appreciate other people will want to see both (or even Women's Football only), hence the filter option.

Women’s football on 17:41 - Nov 20 with 2579 viewsBigCommon

Sometimes the fixtures fall kindly for Women's games during the Men's international break. From memory, last season the WSL had an Arsenal Tottenham derby, and a Liverpool Everton derby over the same weekend of a men's International break. As with the Manchester debt this weekend, I'm sure this would have helped swell the crowds at those games..
I get annoyed when I see a headline, like "Arsenal sign new striker" or " Manchester UTD sack manager", for instance. And I'll click on the story, only to find that its the women's teams. The click baiting is ridiculous. ... Why don't they mention "women" in the head line? Save people like me the bother of clicking onto a story I couldn't care less about.
Women’s football on 18:34 - Nov 20 with 2548 viewsBlueStreak

Women’s football on 17:41 - Nov 20 by BigCommon

Sometimes the fixtures fall kindly for Women's games during the Men's international break. From memory, last season the WSL had an Arsenal Tottenham derby, and a Liverpool Everton derby over the same weekend of a men's International break. As with the Manchester debt this weekend, I'm sure this would have helped swell the crowds at those games..
I get annoyed when I see a headline, like "Arsenal sign new striker" or " Manchester UTD sack manager", for instance. And I'll click on the story, only to find that its the women's teams. The click baiting is ridiculous. ... Why don't they mention "women" in the head line? Save people like me the bother of clicking onto a story I couldn't care less about.

Wait, you think that all these higher profile derby games just happen to fall within an international break when there is no domestic men’s football on?

Jeez.

You wait until you find out that all games are not just drawn randomly out of a hat and TV companies actually have a say in it as well. Will blow your mind.
Women’s football on 19:01 - Nov 20 with 2508 viewsBigCommon

Women’s football on 18:34 - Nov 20 by BlueStreak

Wait, you think that all these higher profile derby games just happen to fall within an international break when there is no domestic men’s football on?

Jeez.

You wait until you find out that all games are not just drawn randomly out of a hat and TV companies actually have a say in it as well. Will blow your mind.

Not at all.. I just said that "sometimes" these bigger fixtures fall kindly, in terms of there being a larger pool of spectators to pull from. It's not rocket science. These 40k plus crowds in the Women's game are very much an Exception to the norm.. For instance, West Ham and Everton, women's teams, two very well established WSL teams, are averaging 1400 fans per game. Which are non- league attendance figures in The Men's game..
Given a choice, a lot of people prefer men's football. My point was, that I don't feel like I'm given much choice. When women's football is continually being spoon fed, forcibly, down my throat. Via the wording of articles. Every time I want to read about men's football. Which, no doubt gives a false indicator of traffic genuinely interested in women's football, when the clicks are totalled up...
It was you that wanted to use attendance figures (in one match), to cheerlead..
Women’s football on 19:40 - Nov 20 with 2448 viewsJ2BLUE

Women’s football on 13:44 - Nov 20 by Jack27

From my experience they give a lot of tickets away for free and the rest about £10-£15...and the 45K will included people who got free tickets and didn't go.

Pathetic and desperate.

Funny how threatened some of you are over something like this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Women’s football on 20:29 - Nov 20 with 2392 viewsSkip_Intro

Women’s football on 19:40 - Nov 20 by J2BLUE

Pathetic and desperate.

I don't understand the bile that this topic creates (other than when rather ignorant people run down womens football).
I have no interest in watching Welsh football, Under-18s football or Womens football (or the Welsh U-18s Womens team for that matter)...does this make me racist and ageist as well as apparently misogynistic?
I have absolutely no problem with womens football but is just of no interest to me at all and I just find it annoying that news outlets don't differentiate between the Man Utd mens team and womens teams for example when they are totally different...why does that make me such a terrible person?
Women’s football on 20:44 - Nov 20 with 2358 viewsGeoffSentence

this headline in the guardian got me

Barcelona 5 Real Madrid 0: 5 star BArcelona thrash Real Madrid in clasico.

You have to work out for yourself its women's football not mens. Just makes things that little more complicated.

Anyway, surely it should have been La Clasica.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Women’s football on 22:21 - Nov 20 with 2274 viewsBarcaBlue

Women’s football on 20:44 - Nov 20 by GeoffSentence

this headline in the guardian got me

Barcelona 5 Real Madrid 0: 5 star BArcelona thrash Real Madrid in clasico.

You have to work out for yourself its women's football not mens. Just makes things that little more complicated.

Anyway, surely it should have been La Clasica.

It really doesn't take too much mental arithmetic on an international break, does it? I don't understand why people have such a problem with the women's game. This thread is a bit of a lads night out.
Women’s football on 23:03 - Nov 20 with 2227 viewsJack27

Pathetic and desperate.

It’s not pathetic or desperate - it’s facts.
Women’s football on 23:35 - Nov 20 with 2192 viewscressi

Women’s football on 23:03 - Nov 20 by Jack27

It’s not pathetic or desperate - it’s facts.

All personal choice good luck to them not for me nor women's boxing. Now beach volleyball that's different or am I just being a old perv lol.
Women’s football on 01:29 - Nov 21 with 2148 viewsBigCommon

Pathetic and desperate.

Nobody feels threatened. And I'm sure no one in the women's game is even trying to threaten anyone, either.. So your comment just looks like a dig at a few people that don't like the things you like.. Which isn't a crime...
I'd personally get annoyed, if I got sucked into clicking on a story headlined "England striker out for rest of season" when it could be worded "Lioness out for rest of season". Like I said earlier, its just click bait to boost hits.. Which, in itself, is pathetic and desperate, to use your words.
Women’s football on 07:47 - Nov 21 with 2060 viewsPlums

Women’s football on 01:29 - Nov 21 by BigCommon

Nobody feels threatened. And I'm sure no one in the women's game is even trying to threaten anyone, either.. So your comment just looks like a dig at a few people that don't like the things you like.. Which isn't a crime...
I'd personally get annoyed, if I got sucked into clicking on a story headlined "England striker out for rest of season" when it could be worded "Lioness out for rest of season". Like I said earlier, its just click bait to boost hits.. Which, in itself, is pathetic and desperate, to use your words.

As an avid lover of zoos and most big cats in particular, I'd be fumin' if I clicked on your alternative headline and found out it was football

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024