Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jan. Tranfers in and out? 20:55 - Dec 4 with 13103 viewshyperbrit

Assuming that McKenna has four players in mind to bring in like last year ,what position would they be and who would have to leave to make room for them?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 20:57]
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 20:57 - Dec 4 with 7284 viewsArnieM

Ball
Edmundson
Jackson
Ladapo

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 20:59 - Dec 4 with 7239 viewsHerbivore

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 20:57 - Dec 4 by ArnieM

Ball
Edmundson
Jackson
Ladapo

There's very little chance of Jackson going in January. He's made 12 appearances this season, contributed goals and assists, has great pace and can cover a number of positions. McKenna likes him, and with good reason.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:16 - Dec 4 with 7144 viewscressi

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 20:59 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

There's very little chance of Jackson going in January. He's made 12 appearances this season, contributed goals and assists, has great pace and can cover a number of positions. McKenna likes him, and with good reason.

Your right McKenna does for some reason like him but even McKenna will make mistakes and if we can get better so someone with a bit of ability he should go a trys but bloo*y awful footballer.
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:18 - Dec 4 with 7132 viewsDinDjarin

Ball has been on the bench every league game bar Swansea.

Doubt he will be going anywhere as can play several positions and useful to have on the bench although the question is does he want to stay and be a bench warmer.
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:29 - Dec 4 with 7032 viewsHerbivore

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:16 - Dec 4 by cressi

Your right McKenna does for some reason like him but even McKenna will make mistakes and if we can get better so someone with a bit of ability he should go a trys but bloo*y awful footballer.

I think it's far, far, far more likely that your judgement of Jackson is the questionable one, not McKenna's. No doubt we'll be looking to upgrade in a few areas but the positions Jackson covers don't seem to be a huge priority and whilst he might get fewer minutes the idea he'll be out of the door in January having featured in most of our matches this season is a bit fanciful.

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:39 - Dec 4 with 6983 viewsBigCommon

It won't be as many as 4, imo... That would bring a fare amount of disruption and uncertainty to a very settled group...
I think 2, maybe 3 at a push... CF and CM , imo are needed. Another left sided full back would be a bonus. Although we can probably cover that with what we have here..
Possibly unregister Aluko and Evans... Maybe loan Slicker out (I'm not sure if he takes up a registration, though, with his age?)
The January Internationals will mean us needing cover in MF and defence. So I think its likely that some of the fringe players will remain here, Fridge, JD, Ball etc. Just to keep the harmony right..
I think, as many as 4 mentioned in the OP, would take a lot of bedding in. And we've seen already, how KM likes to take his time on that side of things..
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:40 - Dec 4 with 6971 viewsArnieM

Feel free to add your list guys… I was just answering OP’s question. Players WILL be leaving … so who do you think is likely to go? No trick question.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:52 - Dec 4 with 6925 viewsBloomBlue

I think he'll bring in 2 rather 4 with the 2 leaving:-

Davis (the offer will be too much to turn down)
Ladapo

Which will mean he'll need a striker and left back cover.
Login to get fewer ads

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 22:44 - Dec 4 with 6805 viewscressi

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:29 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

I think it's far, far, far more likely that your judgement of Jackson is the questionable one, not McKenna's. No doubt we'll be looking to upgrade in a few areas but the positions Jackson covers don't seem to be a huge priority and whilst he might get fewer minutes the idea he'll be out of the door in January having featured in most of our matches this season is a bit fanciful.

When he does leave see for how much and where no club in the top half of the championship will be after him says it all
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 22:55 - Dec 4 with 6765 viewsDarkBrandon

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:52 - Dec 4 by BloomBlue

Ladapo

If Davis goes (which I doubt, but who knows) it will be for a lot of money and I’d then expect us to spend a good chunk of it immediately. 3, maybe 4 in.
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 23:51 - Dec 4 with 6588 viewsReusersTown

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 22:44 - Dec 4 by cressi

When he does leave see for how much and where no club in the top half of the championship will be after him says it all

So your answer is to look at how much he is worth? Not how useful he is to our system and manager? Says it all...
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 00:16 - Dec 5 with 6555 viewsgosblue

We’re hearing £20m and £30m for Davis. If he goes in January it may affect our promotion chances and that could cost us far more than £30m. Draw your own conclusions from the fact that Ladapo isn’t coming on from the bench. How about Walton going out on loan as back-up keeper to a prem team with a loan striker coming the other way, although Gamechanger did say they would be looking at the overseas market. Exciting times ahead.
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 02:14 - Dec 5 with 6466 viewshyperbrit

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 00:16 - Dec 5 by gosblue

We’re hearing £20m and £30m for Davis. If he goes in January it may affect our promotion chances and that could cost us far more than £30m. Draw your own conclusions from the fact that Ladapo isn’t coming on from the bench. How about Walton going out on loan as back-up keeper to a prem team with a loan striker coming the other way, although Gamechanger did say they would be looking at the overseas market. Exciting times ahead.

..thanks for the input guys it is very helpful to me here in Canada. I thought about Walton going too because there is little chance of his replacing Vlad at this point.Aluko is also a bench sitter like Ladapo and Ball and I agree that Edmunson may have become something of a liability at this point as well.I have lost track of Donacien btw. Does he have a long term injury or what because he is never mentioned lately?
I agree with the idea of two coming in instead of four like last year but we must be careful indeed.
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 06:36 - Dec 5 with 6327 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:52 - Dec 4 by BloomBlue

Ladapo

West Ham sources are saying that a move for Davis is far more likely in the summer than January https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ham-now-keen-on-swoop-for-23-yo-animal-who-
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 6:36]

Poll: would you rather

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:29 - Dec 5 with 6224 viewsSteve_M

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:29 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

It's remarkable that, two years on, some fans still can't see that McK's approach is all about the attributes players bring to the squad rather than their all round ability.

I would be surprised to see Edmundson leave too given that we lose Burgess for a month.

And,a s for the idea that we won't bring more than a couple of players in because the squad is settled, well I refer people back to last January. It will be more incremental improvement to the group.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:37 - Dec 5 with 6199 viewshyperbrit

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:29 - Dec 5 by Steve_M

It's remarkable that, two years on, some fans still can't see that McK's approach is all about the attributes players bring to the squad rather than their all round ability.

I would be surprised to see Edmundson leave too given that we lose Burgess for a month.

And,a s for the idea that we won't bring more than a couple of players in because the squad is settled, well I refer people back to last January. It will be more incremental improvement to the group.

I must be out of touch. How come Burgess is out for a month?
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:47 - Dec 5 with 6155 viewsSheffordBlue

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:37 - Dec 5 by hyperbrit

He's off to the Asia Cup along with Luongo and Baggott. The final doesn't take place until the 10th Feb so if Australia go all the way we're potentially missing two key players for 6 weeks.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:50 - Dec 5 with 6145 viewsPMac13

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 07:37 - Dec 5 by hyperbrit

International duty with Australia for the Asia cup, likely to miss most of if not all of January (along with Massimo)
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:31 - Dec 5 with 6026 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 20:57 - Dec 4 by ArnieM

Ball
Edmundson
Jackson
Ladapo

It’s certainly time for Jacko, Herbie won’t like it, but if someone is willing to pay cash, he goes and better comes in.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:32 - Dec 5 with 6033 viewsVic

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:39 - Dec 4 by BigCommon

It won't be as many as 4, imo... That would bring a fare amount of disruption and uncertainty to a very settled group...
I think 2, maybe 3 at a push... CF and CM , imo are needed. Another left sided full back would be a bonus. Although we can probably cover that with what we have here..
Possibly unregister Aluko and Evans... Maybe loan Slicker out (I'm not sure if he takes up a registration, though, with his age?)
The January Internationals will mean us needing cover in MF and defence. So I think its likely that some of the fringe players will remain here, Fridge, JD, Ball etc. Just to keep the harmony right..
I think, as many as 4 mentioned in the OP, would take a lot of bedding in. And we've seen already, how KM likes to take his time on that side of things..

Isn’t it incredible that 2 years on from the chaos of The Demolition Man we are talking about our team and squad as being settled. The distance in terms of togetherness p, connection, etc, etc, this team, club and supporters have travelled in the last 2 yrs is unreal.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:49 - Dec 5 with 5987 viewsjayessess

Like last January, I think it's likely that any deal we do will look to improve the first XI rather than establish a revolving door for squad players. Every window we get people making long lists of reserve players they don't like and who are certain to be out the door, but our recruitment hasn't generally worked like that.

We'll almost certainly look for a striker, Ladapo's the only one who can really make way, so it'll have to be someone with at least a modicum of experience.

Beyond that, I wonder if our business will be quieter than anticipated. Strikers aside, the levels of Broadhead, Chaplin, Burns, Hutchinson and Harness have all been high, so I don't see that you improve much there.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 11:02]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:52 - Dec 5 with 5980 viewstractorboy1978

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 21:40 - Dec 4 by ArnieM

Feel free to add your list guys… I was just answering OP’s question. Players WILL be leaving … so who do you think is likely to go? No trick question.

I think Evans and Aluko are nailed on to drop out the squad without actually leaving the club - so that frees up two spaces. After that I guess it depends how many more we want to add to the squad but I don't see us signing anymore than 3/4 in total. Ladapo/Donacien/Ball are probably the most vulnerable.
Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:55 - Dec 5 with 5956 viewsHerbivore

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:31 - Dec 5 by Wallingford_Boy

It’s certainly time for Jacko, Herbie won’t like it, but if someone is willing to pay cash, he goes and better comes in.

If McKenna decides he can upgrade on Jackson and he finds a player with similar attributes but who is better in some areas and who has the potential to improve then I'm all for it. But such a player would cost a fair chunk of change and I don't think is high on our list of priorities so I can't see it happening. What I find bizarre is that we have a few fans who still can't see what Jackson offers even when McKenna himself has spelled it out a number of times, continues to use him, and he continues to contribute. It's very odd. That doesn't make Jackson amazing, there's a reason he rarely starts, but he's been a useful player for us, hence McKenna rates him, and upgrading in his position really isn't a particularly high priority.

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:58 - Dec 5 with 5941 viewsHerbivore

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 22:44 - Dec 4 by cressi

This says a lot, and not in the way you think it does.

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 09:07 - Dec 5 with 5916 viewsgordon

Jan. Tranfers in and out? on 08:49 - Dec 5 by jayessess

Like last January, I think it's likely that any deal we do will look to improve the first XI rather than establish a revolving door for squad players. Every window we get people making long lists of reserve players they don't like and who are certain to be out the door, but our recruitment hasn't generally worked like that.

We'll almost certainly look for a striker, Ladapo's the only one who can really make way, so it'll have to be someone with at least a modicum of experience.

Beyond that, I wonder if our business will be quieter than anticipated. Strikers aside, the levels of Broadhead, Chaplin, Burns, Hutchinson and Harness have all been high, so I don't see that you improve much there.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 11:02]

Yep - don't think there's much logic to saying that Jackson ought to leave - at the moment he's probably third or fourth choice centre-forward and third choice right-winger, is pretty reliable, knows the system inside out (fans always underestimate the importance of this, good managers don't) and has the potential to have a lot of impact when he comes on with his pace. It's the same with Donacien - obviously he's limited as a footballer, but McKenna knows them both really well, they know the system really well, and churning squad players for the sake of churning squad players is precisely the opposite of the approach that has taken a muddle of a League One team to 2nd in the Championship!

Having said that, who knows if Jackson would be a useful makeweight in a deal for Poku.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024