Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£17 for Leicester fans at PR 07:01 - Dec 5 with 2536 viewsStevieH

This from their website

https://tickets.lcfc.com/en-GB/categories/away%20tickets

“In view of the late kick-off on the Bank Holiday and the disruption this is likely to cause to our supporters, the Club will be subsidising the cost of away tickets by 50 per cent. The prices displayed below are after the discount has been applied.

fees)
Adults £17
Seniors 65+ £13.50
Under 23s £10
Under 19s £6
Under 14s £6”

Presumably a cost of £30,000 + to LCFC

Leeds away anyone?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 7:06]
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:14 - Dec 5 with 2415 viewsbluelagos

Leeds away is looking more ridiculous by the day, both from Leeds and Town tbh

£47 is disgusting and both clubs have failed miserably to address this. Discounting the coaches does nothing for the fans who don't use them.

And it's £50 once the club charge us for putting a ticket in the post.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:22 - Dec 5 with 2377 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I agree, for this match ITFC would do well to subsidise the tickets (too late for that) or perhaps to offer £20 off another ticket purchase to those who go. Yes it will be a £40k cost to the club at a time when they need to maximise revenue, but we need a really good following at Elland Rd - that is a mahoosive match. Makes it so much less difficult for the players if we have a noisy full away end.

Poll: would you rather

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:25 - Dec 5 with 2360 viewsSitfcB

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:22 - Dec 5 by LegendofthePhoenix

I agree, for this match ITFC would do well to subsidise the tickets (too late for that) or perhaps to offer £20 off another ticket purchase to those who go. Yes it will be a £40k cost to the club at a time when they need to maximise revenue, but we need a really good following at Elland Rd - that is a mahoosive match. Makes it so much less difficult for the players if we have a noisy full away end.

Just give everyone a £20 Planet Blue voucher, money straight back into the club then plus people likely to spend more.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:25 - Dec 5 with 2357 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:14 - Dec 5 by bluelagos

Leeds away is looking more ridiculous by the day, both from Leeds and Town tbh

£47 is disgusting and both clubs have failed miserably to address this. Discounting the coaches does nothing for the fans who don't use them.

And it's £50 once the club charge us for putting a ticket in the post.

Making a gesture to fans going to Leeds but excluding those who don't travel on the coaches is a bit of a joke really.

You've appealed to half of the away end whilst simultaneously slapping the other half in the face.
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 10:36 - Dec 5 with 1767 viewsPinewoodblue

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:25 - Dec 5 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Making a gesture to fans going to Leeds but excluding those who don't travel on the coaches is a bit of a joke really.

You've appealed to half of the away end whilst simultaneously slapping the other half in the face.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reduced price for coach travel was a jesture from the coach operator., encouraged by the club.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 10:56 - Dec 5 with 1694 viewsElderGrizzly

I can think of 100 million reasons why that is easier for Leicester to do than others in the league...
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 10:59 - Dec 5 with 1678 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

While on the subject of away games have people been sent their Watford tickets yet? Still waiting and would have assumed they'd have been sent out by now.
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:12 - Dec 5 with 1635 viewspetieboy2011

A Leeds fan on TikTok posted a video saying our fans were ridiculous for moaning about being charged £47 for a ticket and that because we charged their fans our Category A price of £34, they are charging us their Category A price of £47 in return.

I can sort of see the fairness in that on the surface, but Leeds charging £47 for a ticket is far too expensive for a 2nd tier match, especially when the Premier League have apparently capped match tickets at £30 (although not sure how true this is).

Well done to Leicester though for discounting their prices for the Boxing Day game.
Login to get fewer ads

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:17 - Dec 5 with 1620 viewsDanny_G

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:12 - Dec 5 by petieboy2011

A Leeds fan on TikTok posted a video saying our fans were ridiculous for moaning about being charged £47 for a ticket and that because we charged their fans our Category A price of £34, they are charging us their Category A price of £47 in return.

I can sort of see the fairness in that on the surface, but Leeds charging £47 for a ticket is far too expensive for a 2nd tier match, especially when the Premier League have apparently capped match tickets at £30 (although not sure how true this is).

Well done to Leicester though for discounting their prices for the Boxing Day game.

It's completely true and has been for several years. I was in the away end at Anfield on Sunday and paid £30 - far less than the home fans next to me.
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:24 - Dec 5 with 1570 viewsRadlett_blue

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 10:56 - Dec 5 by ElderGrizzly

I can think of 100 million reasons why that is easier for Leicester to do than others in the league...

Well, my understanding is that Leicester badly need to bounce back this season or they will face financial issues. Their owners also aren't as rich as some think. Subsidising away tickets is a cheap, fan friendly gesture by owners who have always been well regarded by their fans, even before they fluked winning the PL.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:27 - Dec 5 with 1553 viewsATL

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 10:59 - Dec 5 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

While on the subject of away games have people been sent their Watford tickets yet? Still waiting and would have assumed they'd have been sent out by now.

Got mine ages ago
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:28 - Dec 5 with 1545 viewsElderGrizzly

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 11:24 - Dec 5 by Radlett_blue

Well, my understanding is that Leicester badly need to bounce back this season or they will face financial issues. Their owners also aren't as rich as some think. Subsidising away tickets is a cheap, fan friendly gesture by owners who have always been well regarded by their fans, even before they fluked winning the PL.

I'm sure they do need the money, but with the PL money from last season being £110m, transfer fees in since the summer (£100m+) and parachute money this season the 'gesture' is potentially worth less than 0.2% to them.

As you say a cheap fan friendly gesture, but one they can afford when the majority of the other clubs in the league get £8m a season from TV and have to watch every penny.
£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 13:01 - Dec 5 with 1393 viewsRyorry

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 07:22 - Dec 5 by LegendofthePhoenix

Absolutely disgusting, dirty, underhand tactics by Leeds, I’m 100% sure this was designed to reduce the number of our away fans, and thereby support for the team they’re desperate to catch up with/eventually overtake.

If our full capacity isn’t taken up, those who do go will need to sing and clap even louder!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

£17 for Leicester fans at PR on 13:20 - Dec 5 with 1332 viewsSwansea_Blue

I doubt they'll miss that ~£25k or so out of their £45M parachute payments. A nice gesture all the same though and this is a case where the value to their relationship with their fans far outweighs the cost. So, good on them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024