Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. 21:44 - Dec 5 with 5479 viewsunstableblue

… maybe leave sooner than I thought

He’s going to get a serious offer soon. This affirmation from so many channels of his quality is becoming deafening.

Can we keep him as long as possible?

The guy values fan support, backing, and passion.

Yes I know ‘Town fan support is traditionally poor’, yes I know it was cold the other night, yes I know the acoustics of Portman Road aren’t great, yes I know people are rushing to get to their cars to get home meaning they can’t clap them off…. Yes I know it’s your right to choose how you support your team. Blah blah blah. Yes I know I’m feckin annoying.

But we showed on 4 or 5 occasions last season that this fan base can BRING THE NOIZE… Jesus when we stepped out against Plymouth my Apple Watch was imploring me to get out of the high noise levels for 5 minutes. Those scenes before the Exeter game - Incredible.

I’m suggesting people that this glorious spell in our club history and our fan experience is finite!

Don’t be passive. Just start celebrating it passionately, just give it everything on a matchday. Shout, start songs, from wherever you are in the ground.

These are the best of days, don’t leave anything on the terraces.

Make McKenna think… “I’m liking Christchurch Park”, “I like fish and chips in Aldeburgh”, “my kids are settled here”, “and these fans are so rabid, they’re so passionately backing my project, do I really want to go to the moaning of Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge?”

Wibble wibble wibble

Please deride this post in the usual manner.

I thank you.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 09:40 - Dec 6 with 1238 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:10 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

Agree Anfield has a poor atmosphere unlike their boisterous Evertonian neighbours

Old Trafford is actually pretty good… often quite passionate… often quite critical

Have you been to Brentford, Newcastle or Sheff United? Often very good.

One fan base and ground of real interest is the Emirates. It used to be absolutely woeful, no atmosphere whatsoever. Yes I know they’ve had an uptick in form… but the fan base have genuinely built a movement/project to increase the noise - have a look into it.

Look, all silliness beside, the atmospheric was pretty dreadful Saturday, at the end there was really a very poor celebration of yet another home win, relatively muted - this glorious moment in our club’s history may well be shortlived - shouldn’t we celebrate it in style and give McKenna the adoration he deserves?! I’ll get my coat (again)

It was muted at the end because we were all collectively sighing at conceding a late goal and losing the clean sheet, nothing more.

I said to you in your other mad rant that even McKenna said the atmosphere was good, but you're just ignoring that and sticking with your narrative.

It's not an issue. And McKenna isn't going to leave because of it.
Get a grip of yourself man!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 09:51 - Dec 6 with 1230 viewsthe_toff

Fans don't need your rallying calls every 5 minutes. Let people go to games and enjoy the experience how they want to.
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 10:05 - Dec 6 with 1195 viewsGlasgowBlue

“ when we stepped out against Plymouth my Apple Watch was imploring me to get out of the high noise levels for 5 minutes” is the most middle class football fan statement I’ve ever read on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 1172 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 10:05 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

“ when we stepped out against Plymouth my Apple Watch was imploring me to get out of the high noise levels for 5 minutes” is the most middle class football fan statement I’ve ever read on here.

If you'd said to me when I was a kid that in the future we'd have watches that tell us to get away from crowds because they're too noisy I'd have said you were bonkers.

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 10:47 - Dec 6 with 1107 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive, you're one Wes Burns miskick away from turning into Frimmers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 12:13 - Dec 6 with 1059 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Ashton has to be looking at a more creative contract and approach to keep McKenna. The buyout fee is paltry and wouldn’t put off anyone who was seriously after him. Give him ten years with significant rewards in built to the contract. Make it so he doesn’t want to leave.

Unfortunately a chunk of our fanbase are mature and don’t engage with the fandom the same way. They can get very upset when people start to get over excited. There’s one elderly couple in the Britannia stand who actively get in arguments with people trying to sing… I had the misery of sitting near them a few years back and they are still at it as someone reported their behaviour during the Wolves game this season. The divide was evident at the end of the season where people were threatening to get pitch invaders banned and so on. There were made up stories about young town supporters stepping on disabled supporters and the elderly just to get to the pitch. All fiction. Blue Action drew much complaints in the lower north and now they’ve been moved you can’t hear them. As for the Churchman’s lot some barely recognised Burns’s goal on Saturday … it’s a tough crowd.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 12:15]
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 12:52 - Dec 6 with 1023 viewsNthQldITFC

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 10:08 - Dec 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you'd said to me when I was a kid that in the future we'd have watches that tell us to get away from crowds because they're too noisy I'd have said you were bonkers.

I wouldn't, I'd have hit the teleport button on mine and gone off to nestle my head in Lt. Uhura's bosom.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 13:44 - Dec 6 with 962 viewsMeadowlark

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:10 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

Agree Anfield has a poor atmosphere unlike their boisterous Evertonian neighbours

Old Trafford is actually pretty good… often quite passionate… often quite critical

Have you been to Brentford, Newcastle or Sheff United? Often very good.

One fan base and ground of real interest is the Emirates. It used to be absolutely woeful, no atmosphere whatsoever. Yes I know they’ve had an uptick in form… but the fan base have genuinely built a movement/project to increase the noise - have a look into it.

Look, all silliness beside, the atmospheric was pretty dreadful Saturday, at the end there was really a very poor celebration of yet another home win, relatively muted - this glorious moment in our club’s history may well be shortlived - shouldn’t we celebrate it in style and give McKenna the adoration he deserves?! I’ll get my coat (again)

" fan base"

There it is again.
Login to get fewer ads

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 947 viewsDarkHorse

Username checks out.
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 14:03 - Dec 6 with 946 viewsN2_Blue

Am I the only one who thought the atmosphere against Coventry was pretty decent. A few spells in 2nd half where it was quieter than usual but the game was drifting a bit as Coventry didn’t really look like scoring but we struggled a bit to get going. Added to the fact people were really cold I think it was fine. Plenty of chants in SBRL.

I agree less fans were at the end than usual but normally it isn’t -2 at 17.00! I stayed as I always do but I was frozen and totally understood why many have left as soon as whistle went.

Just all seems a rather unnecessary moan and laughable to think that impacts McKenna. Think you are looking into McKenna rousing the fans a little too much.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 15:38 - Dec 6 with 910 viewsReusersTown

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 23:18 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

I’m pissing around Pinewood, don’t take it so seriously

But to your point… the difference and the point of this new thread is this… I thought McKenna would be here 2-3 seasons.. I think there were some valid reasons to think that - young family, safe place to develop his approach and knowledge, positive fan base, new training centre, supportive ownership group

But the last 24hrs have made me think the hype and noise around him is growing, and he keeps getting results and form.

I still think he’ll be here to the end of 24/25…

But let’s love every minute and jump/sing a bit on the way?!

You've listed positive fan base in a post directly slating the fans lol!
Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 15:57 - Dec 6 with 890 viewsNeedhamChris

Do we need a football, general and unstableblue tabs on the forum?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 16:38 - Dec 6 with 854 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Coming back to the thread on Town fan support - well McKenna hype means he’ll. on 15:57 - Dec 6 by NeedhamChris

Do we need a football, general and unstableblue tabs on the forum?

You could just have an "Unstable" tab as your third option there, which would include all the OTT reactionary posters. I think we all have our favourites.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024