Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! 23:27 - Dec 7 with 10060 viewsSitfcB

The answer is on Life’s A Pitch

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

literal lollerama on 10:03 - Dec 9 with 581 viewsDyland

By "Inconsistent" on 12:39 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

No. Its just people jazz themselves coz he scored a worldie last week when he took the same shot weeks before and it went into the stand like a high % of his shots and crosses.

How dare I want better from a player boo hiss.

"... he scored a worldie last week when he took the same shot weeks before and it went into the stand..."

Do you really not see how ridiculous that is?!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

literal lollerama on 10:12 - Dec 9 with 554 viewsFrimleyBlue

literal lollerama on 10:03 - Dec 9 by Dyland

"... he scored a worldie last week when he took the same shot weeks before and it went into the stand..."

Do you really not see how ridiculous that is?!

No it's not. Even KM said they've been trying to get him ti use his left foot more which he ignored again to attempt it again. Thankfully tho this time it went in.

It's just what he does. Some go in. Most don't. 11% shot conversion so far this season. 2 goals in 14 games isn't something to get excited about from a player who's offered so many chances in games.

Look. People like him. Fair play everyone has their favourites. I like him defensively, but attacking I find him wasteful for a role which obtains such attacking licence.

End of the day league 1 has gone. Its done. People bringing up his past stats means nothing for where we are. It's what he does this season and for me it's not enough. One wonder goal isn't gonna change that.
He had a chance before, opportunity to find composure slot the ball home. No. Hits hit hard no look up and snakcs the post. Just typical of him.

Again. I didn't join this thread as I know people don't wanna read about my views on burns. I replied to a poster who brought me into it.. you've all then got upset because I clarified I don't find burns rubbish just overawed which I think is fair and a personal opinion it's not for others to decide what a person is allowed to think of a player.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

literal lollerama on 10:38 - Dec 9 with 541 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

literal lollerama on 10:12 - Dec 9 by FrimleyBlue

No it's not. Even KM said they've been trying to get him ti use his left foot more which he ignored again to attempt it again. Thankfully tho this time it went in.

It's just what he does. Some go in. Most don't. 11% shot conversion so far this season. 2 goals in 14 games isn't something to get excited about from a player who's offered so many chances in games.

Look. People like him. Fair play everyone has their favourites. I like him defensively, but attacking I find him wasteful for a role which obtains such attacking licence.

End of the day league 1 has gone. Its done. People bringing up his past stats means nothing for where we are. It's what he does this season and for me it's not enough. One wonder goal isn't gonna change that.
He had a chance before, opportunity to find composure slot the ball home. No. Hits hit hard no look up and snakcs the post. Just typical of him.

Again. I didn't join this thread as I know people don't wanna read about my views on burns. I replied to a poster who brought me into it.. you've all then got upset because I clarified I don't find burns rubbish just overawed which I think is fair and a personal opinion it's not for others to decide what a person is allowed to think of a player.

1. McKenna saying Burns should use his left foot more doesn't diminish the goal. And McKenna described it as his favourite goal since he's been here.

2. Looking at shot conversion percentage is a fraction of his job. And if it was much higher he wouldn't be at Ipswich. Your expectations are unrealistic.

3. That shot off the post was a fantastic strike. Again, unrealistic expectations.

4. When and why you joined this thread, and whether you did or didn't use the actual word "rubbish" are all irrelevant deflections.

Do you watch a lot of Premier League football? I suspect you do, you see the very best players and then you apply what they can do to what Ipswich players (just up from League 1) can do.

Even saying that, we have broken all the records going for a promoted team. And yet you still want MORE. You want something close to perfection.

It's all silly and unrealistic.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

LOL on 10:45 - Dec 9 with 525 viewsDyland

literal lollerama on 10:12 - Dec 9 by FrimleyBlue

Where to begin...!

"Even KM said they've been trying to get him ti use his left foot more which he ignored again to attempt it again. Thankfully tho this time it went in."

I was joking the other day when I said some people would moan he didn't hit it with his left foot. Well done for being an actual parody!

"It's just what he does. Some go in. Most don't. 11% shot conversion so far this season. 2 goals in 14 games isn't something to get excited about from a player who's offered so many chances in games."

Hahahah, you miserable plonker! What are the stats for other wingers in this league out of interest? Actually, I'm not interested. Weird stat to knock one of our most consistent performers.

"Look. People like him. Fair play everyone has their favourites. I like him defensively, but attacking I find him wasteful for a role which obtains such attacking licence."

Straw man. Nothing to do with "favourites".

"End of the day league 1 has gone. Its done. People bringing up his past stats means nothing for where we are."

That's a fair point, to be fair, but ruined immediately by...

"It's what he does this season and for me it's not enough. One wonder goal isn't gonna change that.
He had a chance before, opportunity to find composure slot the ball home. No. Hits hit hard no look up and snakcs the post. Just typical of him."

Literal lollers!

"Again. I didn't join this thread as I know people don't wanna read about my views on burns. I replied to a poster who brought me into it.. you've all then got upset because I clarified I don't find burns rubbish just overawed which I think is fair and a personal opinion it's not for others to decide what a person is allowed to think of a player."

This post comes across as far more upset than mine. Of course people can't dictate what others think of a player! If your opinion is total bobbins you can expect posters to disagree, sometimes vehemently when said opinion is spouted out over and over again! No one is getting upset, except Stokers maybe :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:01 - Dec 9 with 500 viewsgosblue

He gets the heart rate up and has a fantastic understanding with Chappers and Clarke. That’s the beauty of this team, there is no stand out performer and MOM could be anyone from 11. KMcK gets the very best out of a group of what would be average Championship individuals in any other team.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:50 - Dec 9 with 472 viewsKropotkin123

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:10 - Dec 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

By "occasional pleb" do you really just mean Frimmers?

Problem Frimmers has, and I've told him this before, where he only watches on TV he doesn't get the full picture. The camera generally follows the ball, so Frimmers doesn't see a lot of what Wes gets up to.

And he's as thick as a rhino thigh.

I only watch on TV and don't have the same problem. It's really not a TV thing.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:19 - Dec 9 with 414 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:50 - Dec 9 by Kropotkin123

I only watch on TV and don't have the same problem. It's really not a TV thing.

Yeah, I was trying to be generous to him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024