Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! 23:27 - Dec 7 with 10081 viewsSitfcB

The answer is on Life’s A Pitch

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:34 - Dec 8 with 1711 views_clive_baker_

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:08 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

Rubbish no
Overated and inconsistent. Yes.

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:45 - Dec 8 with 1680 viewswkj

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:08 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

Rubbish no

I really did try to help you out at the start of the season by calling you out on your annual kink of picking a player to sh*t all over... But you didn't take the advice. Yet here we are, once more with you looking like an attention starved fanny doubling down on something that a cataract suffer sees clearer than you.

Honestly mate, go get a gym membership or something and work off that excess sugar that is pickling your brain.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 11:55]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:56 - Dec 8 with 1642 viewsJ2BLUE

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:31 - Dec 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's fine. We all know Frimmers doesn't understand football.

He's just heavily leaning into his reputation which is a bit odd really. I doubt he even believes half the stuff he says.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:57 - Dec 8 with 1637 views_clive_baker_

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:32 - Dec 8 by tractorboy1978

24 goals and 25 assists in 104 games for us.

It's not just his goal contribution output either (as impressive as that is).

I've come to the conclusion the people who don't value Burns' contribution simply don't understand it. If you distill it to 'he sometimes gets into a good position and doesn't find a final ball' then a) it's pretty unfair and b) its a fraction of the story. FWIW I think his end product is good, but he brings so much more than that. His press, his natural width, his raw pace. Burns' tactical and positional discipline is absolutely on point, he rarely has an off day in that respect. He's a managers dream. Burns, Chaplin, Morsy, Hirst. All absolutely pivotal to how we play, hence they start whenever fit, and rightly so.

But you'll always have the occasional pleb who sees him shank an occasional cross into the Sir Alf and says 'He'S So CrAp. He JUst WaKs It'.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:04 - Dec 8 with 1609 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hard-nosed negotiation from top football man Marcus Evan’s no doubt.

The current situation is not unlike when McGarry and Lyall took over from managers who were not rated as managers but made several very good signings.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:10 - Dec 8 with 1597 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:57 - Dec 8 by _clive_baker_

I've come to the conclusion the people who don't value Burns' contribution simply don't understand it. If you distill it to 'he sometimes gets into a good position and doesn't find a final ball' then a) it's pretty unfair and b) its a fraction of the story. FWIW I think his end product is good, but he brings so much more than that. His press, his natural width, his raw pace. Burns' tactical and positional discipline is absolutely on point, he rarely has an off day in that respect. He's a managers dream. Burns, Chaplin, Morsy, Hirst. All absolutely pivotal to how we play, hence they start whenever fit, and rightly so.

But you'll always have the occasional pleb who sees him shank an occasional cross into the Sir Alf and says 'He'S So CrAp. He JUst WaKs It'.

By "occasional pleb" do you really just mean Frimmers?

Problem Frimmers has, and I've told him this before, where he only watches on TV he doesn't get the full picture. The camera generally follows the ball, so Frimmers doesn't see a lot of what Wes gets up to.

And he's as thick as a rhino thigh.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:13 - Dec 8 with 1590 viewsReusersTown

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:30 - Dec 8 by davblue

i do really struggle to see his point on Burns, he's been very good since he's been here. His crossing can be hit and miss sometimes, certainly in his early career here but he's improved it without a shadow of a doubt.

You're evaluating his comments too logically, he's just a tool who likes to be heard is the conclusion I've come to.
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:19 - Dec 8 with 1568 viewsReusersTown

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:57 - Dec 8 by _clive_baker_

This comment is all after Burns recently being out the team, which proved exactly his importance to the dynamic of the team and what he brings, as well as scoring a banger. He tops it all off by claiming one of his failings is inconsistency when it's actually a big strength, just doesn't know what he's talking about. There's just no point with Frimley.
Login to get fewer ads

By "Inconsistent" on 12:22 - Dec 8 with 1562 viewsDyland

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:19 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

"Overated" - the player who most people thought was in danger of losing place this season but is now still a key man for a Championship auto contender

"Inconsistent" - the player who has been a model of consistency for over 100 games since he's been at the club, just the key man in what we do tactically and contributes in every phase of the game and on the stat sheet

Frimmers means Burns doesn't always hit perfect crosses and his shots don't always hit the target.

The bleedingly obvious ridiculousness of this criticism has been explained countless times, yet here he still is doubling and tripling down on it.

Enervating stuff.

I must stop using the word "enervating" so much, it's becoming tiresome.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

In a minute on 12:26 - Dec 8 with 1552 viewsDyland

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:19 - Dec 8 by ReusersTown

This comment is all after Burns recently being out the team, which proved exactly his importance to the dynamic of the team and what he brings, as well as scoring a banger. He tops it all off by claiming one of his failings is inconsistency when it's actually a big strength, just doesn't know what he's talking about. There's just no point with Frimley.

He'll be along to tell you we lost against West Brom, therefore proving his point.

It's tedious trolling, but we bite so...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:26 - Dec 8 with 1548 viewsportmanking

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:04 - Dec 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Hard-nosed negotiation from top football man Marcus Evan’s no doubt.

The current situation is not unlike when McGarry and Lyall took over from managers who were not rated as managers but made several very good signings.

You realise Evans had sold up and b*ggered off by the time we signed Burns, Budgie?
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:29 - Dec 8 with 1539 viewsFixed_It

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:26 - Dec 8 by portmanking

You realise Evans had sold up and b*ggered off by the time we signed Burns, Budgie?

He doesn't realise anything. Bloke is dillusional.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:30 - Dec 8 with 1536 views_clive_baker_

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:29 - Dec 8 by Fixed_It

He doesn't realise anything. Bloke is dillusional.

Franchise something something carpet baggers something something
No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:37 - Dec 8 with 1492 viewsFrimleyBlue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:45 - Dec 8 by wkj

I really did try to help you out at the start of the season by calling you out on your annual kink of picking a player to sh*t all over... But you didn't take the advice. Yet here we are, once more with you looking like an attention starved fanny doubling down on something that a cataract suffer sees clearer than you.

Honestly mate, go get a gym membership or something and work off that excess sugar that is pickling your brain.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 11:55]

Lol. How is it attention seeking by clarifying that I didn't call him rubbish.
Your issue should be with the poster who clearly aimed their post at me rather than me responding to it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

By "Inconsistent" on 12:39 - Dec 8 with 1486 viewsFrimleyBlue

By "Inconsistent" on 12:22 - Dec 8 by Dyland

Frimmers means Burns doesn't always hit perfect crosses and his shots don't always hit the target.

The bleedingly obvious ridiculousness of this criticism has been explained countless times, yet here he still is doubling and tripling down on it.

Enervating stuff.

I must stop using the word "enervating" so much, it's becoming tiresome.

No. Its just people jazz themselves coz he scored a worldie last week when he took the same shot weeks before and it went into the stand like a high % of his shots and crosses.

How dare I want better from a player boo hiss.

Waka waka eh eh

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:44 - Dec 8 with 1467 viewsFrimleyBlue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 11:20 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

Time for you to fook off about Burns. Everyone has had enough, go be a weirdo about him on Tw*tter or something.

SB

Time for you fook off and tell posters to not aim posts at me and then I won't get involved.
Go cry at them.

Waka waka eh eh

By "Inconsistent" on 12:49 - Dec 8 with 1461 viewsFixed_It

By "Inconsistent" on 12:39 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

No. Its just people jazz themselves coz he scored a worldie last week when he took the same shot weeks before and it went into the stand like a high % of his shots and crosses.

Just take a look at the comments on here and realise that you are wrong. Again.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

By "Inconsistent" on 12:50 - Dec 8 with 1461 viewsitfcjoe

*Player scores one of literally best goals in ITFC history*

Frimmers - "stop jizzing your pants, he missed that type of chance a few weeks back."

If Chappers drops one in the goal from halfway v Norwich will you just shrug and say well he's missed two like that this season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

By "Inconsistent" on 12:50 - Dec 8 with 1457 viewswkj

I think you'll find it's called - people actually support town. I know that's a foreign concept to you

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:52 - Dec 8 with 1448 viewswkj

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:37 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. How is it attention seeking by clarifying that I didn't call him rubbish.
Your issue should be with the poster who clearly aimed their post at me rather than me responding to it.

Your reply honestly made zero sense, just like everything else you try to convey

You know what you did, you opted to call him rubbish using different words

Please stop being toxic and a troll.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:00]

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:05 - Dec 8 with 1391 viewsFrimleyBlue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:52 - Dec 8 by wkj

Your reply honestly made zero sense, just like everything else you try to convey

Again he's not rubbish.

Waka waka eh eh

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:08 - Dec 8 with 1398 viewspositivity

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 12:52 - Dec 8 by wkj

replies to this thread remind me why I've ignored the likes of elephant and frimley.

kudos to the rest of you, you must have the patience of saints...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:12 - Dec 8 with 1383 viewswkj

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:05 - Dec 8 by FrimleyBlue

Again he's not rubbish.

Again, you're wrong with your follow up. Honestly, I'm not a plank so don't use your child-like argument strategy on me. Just stop being a toxic troll and let the football section of the board have some harmony at least. If you really fancy letting out some hot takes, why not lable the board admins as dictators or something - get creative
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:15]

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:16 - Dec 8 with 1368 viewsFrimleyBlue

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:12 - Dec 8 by wkj

Again, you're wrong with your follow up. Honestly, I'm not a plank so don't use your child-like argument strategy on me. Just stop being a toxic troll and let the football section of the board have some harmony at least. If you really fancy letting out some hot takes, why not lable the board admins as dictators or something - get creative
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 13:15]

You are a plank clearly.

I didn't get involved in this thread until a poster goaded me to do so. It's only fair I respond to such a post

You're now crying because you've read something you don't agree with rather than just moving on.

So yeah. Plank.

Waka waka eh eh

No way did we only pay what we paid for Wes Burns! on 13:16 - Dec 8 with 1379 viewsSitfcB

Rubbish no

I’d say he’s probably been the most consistent player in the last two years, you always know what you’re going to get with him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024