Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. 09:13 - Dec 13 with 2566 viewsLord_Lucan

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132060-the-championship-thread-20232024/#comme

It's a real, "Ipswich haven't played anyone yet" thread

By the way, we have now played every team apart from Norwich and Leicester.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:15 - Dec 13 with 2495 viewsBlueBadger

And it's fair to say that Norwich this season are definitely not 'anyone'.

/edit - when does it get to the good bit. I've hit page 11 and they're still in May.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 9:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:30 - Dec 13 with 2391 viewsDarkBrandon

Hells teeth. 231 pages?
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:31 - Dec 13 with 2370 viewsGuthrum

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:30 - Dec 13 by DarkBrandon

Hells teeth. 231 pages?

To be fair, it's a season-long, ongoing discussion of how things are going in the division as a whole.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 2292 viewsbournemouthblue

Towards the end of the thread, I think I looked at the last 4 pages

The Leicester fans seem relatively sensible?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:46 - Dec 13 with 2231 viewsiamipswich

Interesting to note who they will lose to Asia/Africa Cup.

2 out of 3 strikers (Iheanacho, Daka) leaving just Vardy. EDIT: Cannon as well.
Fatawu and Ndidi who have been playing regularly
Souttar who hasn't been playing.

Obvious caveat is that they will no doubt strengthen in Jan.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 9:53]

Poll: Who will return first?

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:49 - Dec 13 with 2195 viewsle2blue

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:46 - Dec 13 by iamipswich

That is why they bought Tom Cannon in the summer even though they knew he was out injured until late November. Sure they may add another.
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:49 - Dec 13 with 2192 viewsbournemouthblue

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:46 - Dec 13 by iamipswich

I assume the winger Matuidi, not sure how you spell it, is fine?

We lose Luongo and Burgess presumably, Morsy probably won't go?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:52 - Dec 13 with 2139 viewsiamipswich

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:49 - Dec 13 by le2blue

That is why they bought Tom Cannon in the summer even though they knew he was out injured until late November. Sure they may add another.

You're quite right. I had forgotten Cannon who is coming back into the fray following his injury.

Login to get fewer ads

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:07 - Dec 13 with 2013 viewsNthQldITFC

Fair bit of Ipswich love on there, my favourite bit being:

'Leeds and Soton are still very much in it at this stage too, of course, but those two clubs can go f**k themselves. '

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:26 - Dec 13 with 1896 viewsiamipswich

I'd say it's a mixed bag from them.

Largely they're convinced that Leeds are going to leapfrog us and that we are ordinary having watched last night alone (some admitted to watching only 10 minutes!).

They may well be right but they do seem to act as if they've been steamrollering teams week after week and we've been lucky each week. They also seemed to act as if Watford battered us and we were incredibly lucky to lose. Ignoring the fact that Hirst hit the post in the 2nd half.

A few a little more respectful and acknowledging what a job we're doing and we're never going to sweep aside teams.

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:50 - Dec 13 with 1767 viewsstrikalite

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 09:42 - Dec 13 by bournemouthblue

Towards the end of the thread, I think I looked at the last 4 pages

The Leicester fans seem relatively sensible?

Read first three pages and was still in May lol

That's one hell of a read, I'll check out last five pages..
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:57 - Dec 13 with 1738 viewsIPS_wich

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:26 - Dec 13 by iamipswich

Largely they're convinced that Leeds are going to leapfrog us and that we are ordinary having watched last night alone (some admitted to watching only 10 minutes!).

They may well be right but they do seem to act as if they've been steamrollering teams week after week and we've been lucky each week. They also seemed to act as if Watford battered us and we were incredibly lucky to lose. Ignoring the fact that Hirst hit the post in the 2nd half.

A few a little more respectful and acknowledging what a job we're doing and we're never going to sweep aside teams.

I’ve been following it for 6-7 weeks. It is by far the most reasonable and respectful view of our performance so far out of all opposition forums.

A lot of comments are likening how we’re doing to their season they won the premier league - especially some foxes fans who chastise others when they make an ‘Ipswich will drop away’ comment - often pointing out that was exactly what was said about them in 2016.

Also plenty of their fans who want us to go up with them ahead of Leeds or Soton.

It’s definitely made me want them to be the other team that go up with us…
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 11:05 - Dec 13 with 1672 viewsLord_Lucan

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:57 - Dec 13 by IPS_wich

I’ve been following it for 6-7 weeks. It is by far the most reasonable and respectful view of our performance so far out of all opposition forums.

A lot of comments are likening how we’re doing to their season they won the premier league - especially some foxes fans who chastise others when they make an ‘Ipswich will drop away’ comment - often pointing out that was exactly what was said about them in 2016.

Also plenty of their fans who want us to go up with them ahead of Leeds or Soton.

It’s definitely made me want them to be the other team that go up with us…

Yes, the Leicester lot are a good bunch but earlier in the thread there were more of a mix of teams fans who were sometimes scathing - there was one in particular but I can't remember who it was

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 11:13 - Dec 13 with 1577 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 10:26 - Dec 13 by iamipswich

“A few a little more respectful and acknowledging what a job we're doing and we're never going to sweep aside teams.”

So far we’ve only really taken Hull apart, but I do feel it’s only a matter of time before someone gets a good hiding (Saturday please ?!).

For those foxes that consider us ‘ordinary’, worth noting we are harder to beat than Leicester (with them having lost more than us). Anyway, happy for people to keep writing us off - Sheff Weds fans were doing that in the new year, and look how that went…
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 11:14 - Dec 13 with 1571 viewsunbelievablue

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 11:13 - Dec 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“A few a little more respectful and acknowledging what a job we're doing and we're never going to sweep aside teams.”

So far we’ve only really taken Hull apart, but I do feel it’s only a matter of time before someone gets a good hiding (Saturday please ?!).

For those foxes that consider us ‘ordinary’, worth noting we are harder to beat than Leicester (with them having lost more than us). Anyway, happy for people to keep writing us off - Sheff Weds fans were doing that in the new year, and look how that went…

We destroyed Millwall.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 11:44 - Dec 13 with 1458 viewsIPS_wich

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 11:14 - Dec 13 by unbelievablue

We destroyed Millwall.

We tore Preston and Swansea new bum holes as well.
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 14:23 - Dec 13 with 1161 viewsshady

Yes, it is indeed a brilliant thread and I've been enjoying it for a few weeks

My favourite quote is when one wit suggests naming Hirst
Thush as he's an irritating c**t

Seems a case of having too much access to funds and fishing in the wrong pond ...then you miss the gems at your feet.
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 14:28 - Dec 13 with 1122 viewswkj

It's a mixed thread, there is been plenty of praise for Ipswich on that thread (i have been following it and commenting on it for a while). There has also been some fans who are quick to point out terms that patronise us.

```
I have to push back against the idea that Ipswich are a "small club". In their history they have won a league title, an FA cup and what is now known as the Europa League (not in the too distant past either. These trophies were won in the 60s, 70s and 80s). Those trophies were won under two of the best managers this country has ever produced. They also fill a stadium that is bigger that holds more than a handful of premier league grounds too. I praise them for how well they are doing based on being a newly promoted side who don't have the wage bill or spent as much on transfer fees as ourselves, Southampton or Leeds, not that they are a "small club".
```

Page 232

So it really isn't a gloaty/patronising thread at all.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 14:29]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 14:31 - Dec 13 with 1108 viewsMeadowlark

We used to have a "special relationship" with Leicester City and their fans. Who remembers that? A long time ago now, but based on both being "unfashionable" teams with similar backgrounds and support.
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 14:48 - Dec 13 with 1034 viewsronnyd

It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 14:31 - Dec 13 by Meadowlark

We used to have a "special relationship" with Leicester City and their fans. Who remembers that? A long time ago now, but based on both being "unfashionable" teams with similar backgrounds and support.

Think it goes back to the FA cup 6th round second replay v Leeds in March 75. It was played at Filbert St. and the foxes fans were all singing "we all ****ing hate Leeds.
It will take some time to read it - but this is a brilliant thread. on 15:43 - Dec 13 with 865 viewsBiGDonnie

"I watched 10 mins of their game midway through and they look a bog standard championship side. I'm mystified how they are doing so well if that small sample size is anything to go by."

Geezer saw us play for ten minutes, away, at a recent Premier League side and is mystified as to why we're TOP OF THE FOOKIN LEAGUE.

Utter b'end.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024