Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was gutted walking out 17:18 - Dec 16 with 2392 viewsAsa

Absolutely gutted.

They had two chances and scored. One miles offside. The ref was awful and we could have had a cricket score.

But on reflection do you know what. I’m actually finding it so amusing how they celebrated at the end.

They’ve been above us for years and have been two divisions above and now they are reduced to celebrating being outplayed and grabbing an undeserved point like a League 2 side getting an FA Cup replay against Man Utd.

Absolutely mad how we are now so far above them that they were absolutely bricking it and delighted to get a draw. Yes I wish we’d beaten them and hate them but some consolation is how hilarious it is at how far behind us they now are.
Was gutted walking out on 17:33 - Dec 16 with 2282 viewsDamster

This is our time to be dominant over Norwich which we quite clearly are. Forget the result and just look at the squads, style of football, wage bill, crowds &invstement.
For the first time in many years we are the better club going places and their performance reminds me of a Ipswich performance 15 years ago … very poor quality and delighted to rescue a point against their superior neighbours.
The result in isolation is no reflection on the gulf and they know it.
Was gutted walking out on 17:52 - Dec 16 with 2167 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. by NthQldITFC 16 Dec 2023 16:34
I get the feeling that generally the board is not too bothered about not winning today. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have won this game than the Middlesbrough game or the Watford game - swapped the results round if you like. I think I understand why many of us seem to feel like this.

After however many years it is since beating Norwich, after being a division below them for four years, I would have thought that I would be hurting after us 'blowing a golden opportunity' to put the natural order straight again.

I can't quite believe I'm saying all this, but I think it's because we've just flown straight past them and they've suddenly become a bit of an irrelevance. We are, and we were today, demonstrably so much better than they are, and our two clubs are going in completely different directions.

It might be that age has mellowed, or it might be that I look forward to beating them at their place in April and clinching promotion then, it certainly isn't that I love Ipswich Town any the less than I used to, but for me today was just a slight disappointment before two really important games coming up.

Nailed it.
Was gutted walking out on 18:10 - Dec 16 with 2070 viewsITFCSG

Was gutted walking out on 17:52 - Dec 16 by WickhamsLeftBoot

This is a bit weird, but I think I understand it. by NthQldITFC 16 Dec 2023 16:34
I get the feeling that generally the board is not too bothered about not winning today. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have won this game than the Middlesbrough game or the Watford game - swapped the results round if you like. I think I understand why many of us seem to feel like this.

After however many years it is since beating Norwich, after being a division below them for four years, I would have thought that I would be hurting after us 'blowing a golden opportunity' to put the natural order straight again.

I can't quite believe I'm saying all this, but I think it's because we've just flown straight past them and they've suddenly become a bit of an irrelevance. We are, and we were today, demonstrably so much better than they are, and our two clubs are going in completely different directions.

It might be that age has mellowed, or it might be that I look forward to beating them at their place in April and clinching promotion then, it certainly isn't that I love Ipswich Town any the less than I used to, but for me today was just a slight disappointment before two really important games coming up.

Nailed it.

Its a tall order, but beat Leeds and Leicester and all will be forgotten. I think the nerves got into some of our players today. The scum were lucky to get away with a point, and they knew that.
Was gutted walking out on 18:23 - Dec 16 with 1987 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Was gutted walking out on 18:10 - Dec 16 by ITFCSG

Its a tall order, but beat Leeds and Leicester and all will be forgotten. I think the nerves got into some of our players today. The scum were lucky to get away with a point, and they knew that.

First 10/15 was a bit cagey, but we soon settled into our game but weren’t clinical enough.

Frustrating to take, but we’re heading in the right direction.
Was gutted walking out on 18:37 - Dec 16 with 1890 viewsSwansea_Blue

Me too. Really pissed off it was 2 points thrown away. It’s that which is bothering me. I couldn’t care less about who the opposition was tbh. If we want to go up automatically, we can’t have too many days like today. We should have been 3-0 before they had their first chance.

Despite all the talk before, I thought the occasion got to us a bit. We really snatched at those early chances and looked a little nervy at times. It’s not often KM leaves his subs so late either - I’ve no idea how they were supposed to impact the game, especially the last 3.

We’ve had better days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Was gutted walking out on 18:42 - Dec 16 with 1862 viewsFreddy

Still a 10 point gap to 3rd
Was gutted walking out on 19:28 - Dec 16 with 1724 viewsyellowrider

Was gutted walking out on 17:33 - Dec 16 by Damster

This is our time to be dominant over Norwich which we quite clearly are. Forget the result and just look at the squads, style of football, wage bill, crowds &invstement.
For the first time in many years we are the better club going places and their performance reminds me of a Ipswich performance 15 years ago … very poor quality and delighted to rescue a point against their superior neighbours.
The result in isolation is no reflection on the gulf and they know it.

Lots to agree with there and from a die hard Yellow as well. First time I'd seen you live this season and I was impressed with the style of football. Similar to the 2018 / 19 Farke team with lots of intelligent interplay and movement around / in the box. That said I thought you lacked some directness and pace to really capitalise on our weaknesses. You're in a fantastic position and with a ten point cushion could well get automatic. I still believe either ex Budgies Daniel or Russ will reel you in to grab second. How you then 'get up' for the playoffs is anyone's guess. I don't need to remind you what happened in 2015 of course!
Was gutted walking out on 20:00 - Dec 16 with 1597 viewsITFCSG

Was gutted walking out on 19:28 - Dec 16 by yellowrider

Lots to agree with there and from a die hard Yellow as well. First time I'd seen you live this season and I was impressed with the style of football. Similar to the 2018 / 19 Farke team with lots of intelligent interplay and movement around / in the box. That said I thought you lacked some directness and pace to really capitalise on our weaknesses. You're in a fantastic position and with a ten point cushion could well get automatic. I still believe either ex Budgies Daniel or Russ will reel you in to grab second. How you then 'get up' for the playoffs is anyone's guess. I don't need to remind you what happened in 2015 of course!

Our starting XI today was the same XI that played in the closing stages of last season's League 1 campaign and were playing the likes of Accrington Stanley, Burton, Cheltenham (whom we also drew!) not too long ago. Our GK did not play a single league game last season save for a cameo role in the final home game and has literally made the step up from League 2 to the Championship overnight. For them to have 52 points in 22 games is almost a miracle. Its not much about individual skill but pure work on the training ground week after week. I guess McK knows where to straighten come January, we need players to sustain being competitive in the Championship especially when competing with the parachute teams. Pound for pound we just have to be much better.
Login to get fewer ads

Was gutted walking out on 20:06 - Dec 16 with 1554 viewsN2_Blue

Was gutted walking out on 18:37 - Dec 16 by Swansea_Blue

Me too. Really pissed off it was 2 points thrown away. It’s that which is bothering me. I couldn’t care less about who the opposition was tbh. If we want to go up automatically, we can’t have too many days like today. We should have been 3-0 before they had their first chance.

Despite all the talk before, I thought the occasion got to us a bit. We really snatched at those early chances and looked a little nervy at times. It’s not often KM leaves his subs so late either - I’ve no idea how they were supposed to impact the game, especially the last 3.

We’ve had better days.

Unecessarily negative.

We played well and on most days would have won. You make out we had a poor day and can’t have too many days like this. Dominate and play like today in the remaining games and we’ll win enough to go up.

Today was annoying but nothing more. And by the time Leeds result came in I was happy enough. They can crow about 14 years all they like. I’d rather be 21 points better off!!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Was gutted walking out on 20:11 - Dec 16 with 1512 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Interesting that's the first time you have seen us this season and yet you are convinced two of your ex-players will reel us in. We didn't play as well as we can do today and still should have won comfortably.

Your Rowe had the game of his life where everything fell for him. If he continues like that he will pay off some of your debts in the summer but that was a real smash and grab for a point. Fortunately Leicester and Leeds are capable of dropping points against sides like Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday as well.

Whoever Daniel and Russ are I wonder how confident they are of making up a 10 point or more gap. I suspect Farke will be under pressure if he stays so far off the pace. Whether the Southampton owners will have more patience time will tell.

In 2015 didn't the team in 3rd win the play-offs?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Was gutted walking out on 07:31 - Dec 17 with 1193 viewsStewart27

I’m pretty much the same.

I was emotionally drained at the end and just felt gutted about dropping points to an inferior opponent at home. It doesn’t happen very often so I’m not used to it.

But then I saw them cheer and wildly celebrate and it made me smile. Felt like a real changing of the guard moment yesterday. To think they said it was our cup final!
Was gutted walking out on 08:00 - Dec 17 with 1086 viewspennblue

I think it is highly likely we will be 'reeled in' in the next 4-5 weeks as we have to play Leeds away and Leicester twice, but you have to take into consideration, we would have played the entire top 6 home and away by then, so even if we are evens with Leeds + Leicester we will be going into the last 1/3 of the season with a easier run in and with the advantage of having strengthened in the January window, something we struggled with a bit in the summer due to us being newly promoted. So you have to look at the full picture.

But fair play to Rowe, he pretty much single handedly pulled you out the sh*t yesterday.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Was gutted walking out on 08:49 - Dec 17 with 978 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Was gutted walking out on 18:37 - Dec 16 by Swansea_Blue

We’ve had better days.

I agree with you that we looked nervy at times.

On the subs situation - we'd just equalised and were on the ascendancy when he'd normally bring the subs on (around 70 mins) so it didn't seem the right time to change it as that will often disrupt things. That's what pushed back the introduction of both sets of subs I think.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Was gutted walking out on 09:01 - Dec 17 with 878 viewsNthQldITFC

Was gutted walking out on 20:11 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interesting that's the first time you have seen us this season and yet you are convinced two of your ex-players will reel us in. We didn't play as well as we can do today and still should have won comfortably.

Your Rowe had the game of his life where everything fell for him. If he continues like that he will pay off some of your debts in the summer but that was a real smash and grab for a point. Fortunately Leicester and Leeds are capable of dropping points against sides like Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday as well.

Whoever Daniel and Russ are I wonder how confident they are of making up a 10 point or more gap. I suspect Farke will be under pressure if he stays so far off the pace. Whether the Southampton owners will have more patience time will tell.

In 2015 didn't the team in 3rd win the play-offs?

I've seen them play several times this season, and Rowe is a great little runner of the ball. He drives forward really well and he has good balance, speed and reasonable aggression. His end product though, as the OinkUn will tell you is flaky, and he's unreliable in his defensive duties.

Two somewhat fortuitous, opportunistic finishes yesterday put a bit more shine on his reputation, but he had very little contribution to the game otherwise. Although to be fair he was part of a team who had very little contribution to the game at all. Mid-level championship I would say is about right for him, not a rounded enough player to be someone we would ever look at now, I think.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Was gutted walking out on 09:10 - Dec 17 with 837 viewsHerbivore

Seeing their players and fans celebrate like they'd won the league and the stench of tinpottery that came with it did somewhat take the edge off my disappointment. We should have won, we were wasteful and they were their usual jammy selves, so it was very frustrating not to win. But for a side still receiving the financial doping of parachute payments to be celebrating a smash and grab point like that did raise a bit of a smile.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Was gutted walking out on 09:21 - Dec 17 with 790 viewsArnieM

Was gutted walking out on 09:01 - Dec 17 by NthQldITFC

I've seen them play several times this season, and Rowe is a great little runner of the ball. He drives forward really well and he has good balance, speed and reasonable aggression. His end product though, as the OinkUn will tell you is flaky, and he's unreliable in his defensive duties.

Two somewhat fortuitous, opportunistic finishes yesterday put a bit more shine on his reputation, but he had very little contribution to the game otherwise. Although to be fair he was part of a team who had very little contribution to the game at all. Mid-level championship I would say is about right for him, not a rounded enough player to be someone we would ever look at now, I think.

It was his Danny Haynes moment wasnt it. His attempt at at a wind up in front of the SBR was also laughable! Lose his pace and that’s his game done with.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024