Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. 15:14 - Dec 18 with 6231 viewsBluePG

What’s the plan with these two? They must be on handsome contracts, yet aren’t seen as first-choice in their chosen positions. I do get that they’ve had injury issues, however it shows how strong the squad is….or are they luxuries that we may rue having on board?

How we’d have cried out for such an embarrassment of riches only 18 months ago!

Poll: Best Dane?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:44 - Dec 18 with 2071 viewsPinewoodblue

If we sign a full back in January it will be for the left side, not the right..

The young dutch guy who was at Burnley last season and made Championship XI, was on loan from Chelsea would do us fine. If nothing else insurance in case we get an offer we can't refuse for Davis. Possibly even a player swap plus cash for the transfer kitty.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:46 - Dec 18 with 2050 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:44 - Dec 18 by Pinewoodblue

If we sign a full back in January it will be for the left side, not the right..

The young dutch guy who was at Burnley last season and made Championship XI, was on loan from Chelsea would do us fine. If nothing else insurance in case we get an offer we can't refuse for Davis. Possibly even a player swap plus cash for the transfer kitty.

He's always on Chelsea's bench, not sure he'd trade that for ours as nobody is replacing Davis!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:47 - Dec 18 with 2045 viewsLeoMuff

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:39 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Strongly suspect Williams is going back to the Premier League. Which is where he belongs let’s be honest.

He has shown flashes of that performance level,but if that’s the case how is Clarke keeping him out as he isn’t a prem player yet for me ?

It does feel like there is more to this than meets the eye, he had 2 or 3 games where he looked mustard then got injured, came back to the bench then out of the squad and then not featured since.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 17:33 - Dec 18 with 1924 viewsbilllm

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:37 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

Tuanzebe I think was always going to take time, he's been out and barely played for so long before joining. We've got him for the season and an option for next, so taking a few months to get him properly up to speed and in the right condition is potentially a good investment if it means we get a good 18 months from him, and there's been no need to rush him yet. I was really impressed with him last week, thought he was superb at Watford and wouldn't be surprised if he and Woolf form a nice little partnership when Burgess goes on international duty.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Williams' loan is cut short in January, if the rumours are to be believed, but it would be a shame as purely from a footballing perspective he's a good player and his versatility is very valuable. Hopefully he sticks around.

Tuanzebe needs time but he's here so stay fit we either get a good player or cash if he's sold,
Williams I don't believe this particularly but some post said he was on 53k a week if we're paying half of that it's crazy,
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 18:23 - Dec 18 with 1825 viewsNutkins_Return

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:47 - Dec 18 by LeoMuff

He has shown flashes of that performance level,but if that’s the case how is Clarke keeping him out as he isn’t a prem player yet for me ?

It does feel like there is more to this than meets the eye, he had 2 or 3 games where he looked mustard then got injured, came back to the bench then out of the squad and then not featured since.

He has been really good after first couple of games. He has featured against both Coventry and Watford in our last games before Norwich. McKenna confirmed he had picked up a minor knock against Norwich and was causing him an issue in the Watford game hence he came off.

Him playing in the last two and being available against Norwich doesn't smack of a player we're getting rid of.

Really don't like these posts starting rumours.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 18:33 - Dec 18 with 1799 viewsRIPbobby

Tuanzebe will play at Leeds. Play him now and again.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 20:56 - Dec 18 with 1682 viewsJimmy86

What's the craic with Williams then? People suggesting he's a bad egg? I mean, I remember the social media post poking fun at Norwich, but let's be honest, we all love that sort of thing, when it's aimed at that lot, do we not?!

I know about the laughing gas thing when he was still at UTD...

Don't get it really..
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 21:12 - Dec 18 with 1651 viewsmjw_1983

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:37 - Dec 18 by BiGDonnie

I've seen this posted a few times and really don't know why. Why do you think we'll look to strengthen one of our strongest positions?

Perry Ng
Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 08:42 - Dec 19 with 1410 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 18:23 - Dec 18 by Nutkins_Return

He has been really good after first couple of games. He has featured against both Coventry and Watford in our last games before Norwich. McKenna confirmed he had picked up a minor knock against Norwich and was causing him an issue in the Watford game hence he came off.

Him playing in the last two and being available against Norwich doesn't smack of a player we're getting rid of.

And was the best player at West Brom. I have no idea where this has all come from so quickly.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 09:00 - Dec 19 with 1345 viewsWickets

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 18:23 - Dec 18 by Nutkins_Return

These rumours seem to be quesswork so what is the point ? Clarke,Williams and Axel are valuable members of a happy squad .
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 09:13 - Dec 19 with 1303 viewsjayessess

It's probably futile to try and read between the lines with these things.

Tuanzebe is being eased back into playing regular football because he's had a lot of injury problems over the past couple of seasons.

I don't think there was ever a hierarchy between Clarke and Williams, it was always a case of whoever was fit and in the best form would play. At the moment that's Harry.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 09:31 - Dec 19 with 1252 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 09:13 - Dec 19 by jayessess

It's probably futile to try and read between the lines with these things.

Tuanzebe is being eased back into playing regular football because he's had a lot of injury problems over the past couple of seasons.

I don't think there was ever a hierarchy between Clarke and Williams, it was always a case of whoever was fit and in the best form would play. At the moment that's Harry.

Nope, something is ALWAYS going on!

Same with Edmundson last year, he dropped out of the team and there was some fans suggesting he had a fall out with McKenna. He's still here and as happy as ever.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 10:34 - Dec 19 with 1161 viewsThai_Blue

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:22 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

Expect us to sign a new right back in January.

I keep saying this and my choice would be Parry NG from Cardiff
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 11:31 - Dec 19 with 1113 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:39 - Dec 18 by chicoazul

Strongly suspect Williams is going back to the Premier League. Which is where he belongs let’s be honest.

Guessing United could recall and sell if an offer came in, which they would naturally do.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 11:50 - Dec 19 with 1069 viewsRadlett_blue

Whenever I've seen Tuanzebe play, he's looked excellent & definitely PL quality if he can stay fit. I guess we're managing him carefully, but if 100% fit I would start him regularly. He's on a 1 year contract; will be interested if we want to extend that in January.
Williams is pacey & has a lot of good qualities. He's now 23 & at a stage of his career where he would be better at a permanent club where he's playing regularly, rather like Nathan Broadhead. His Man U contract expires in the summer, but they have a 1 year option, which they might exercise in order to get a fee for him. I don't see him playing regularly for Man U. I don't know if he can be recalled in January.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:22 - Dec 19 with 1002 viewsFacefacts

A Prem player dragged off at half time mightve taken the hump, as at Watford, what did he do wrong and what were the instructions he failed to follow? If too big to listen to instructions. The OP said what plan is there? KM needs to sort it internally as we should keep Williams beyond January if possible.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:36 - Dec 19 with 961 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:39 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

If I speak I am in big trouble...

Let's just say it's nothing to do with the footballing ability of the existing players

With the greatest respect, apart from guessing that Taylor had been signed, which was the most entirely predictable news story since the Reichstag fire, your posting history, unlike others, is hardly littered with posts that turned out to be true.

If you have it right then fair play, but until that happens, I reckon I'm going to go down the route of you never really wanting Williams here.

Something doesn’t feel right by bluesbrothers 22 Aug 2023 18:55
I should be elated with this signing but for some reason I’m really not

Davis and Clark don’t need upgrading. But he’s not joining to sit on the bench. All I can think (hope) is he’s going to be reinvented to play the burns role.

Wish I felt more positive about it, but just don’t for some reason

[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 12:42]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:38 - Dec 19 with 947 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:22 - Dec 19 by Facefacts

A Prem player dragged off at half time mightve taken the hump, as at Watford, what did he do wrong and what were the instructions he failed to follow? If too big to listen to instructions. The OP said what plan is there? KM needs to sort it internally as we should keep Williams beyond January if possible.

McKenna has already said that Williams was feeling his knee versus Watford which is why he was hooked.

Christ on a bike, 2nd in the league, pushing Leicester all the way, and people are searching for dirt in the squad. Our fan base.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 12:41]

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:44 - Dec 19 with 914 viewschicoazul

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:36 - Dec 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

With the greatest respect, apart from guessing that Taylor had been signed, which was the most entirely predictable news story since the Reichstag fire, your posting history, unlike others, is hardly littered with posts that turned out to be true.

If you have it right then fair play, but until that happens, I reckon I'm going to go down the route of you never really wanting Williams here.

Something doesn’t feel right by bluesbrothers 22 Aug 2023 18:55
I should be elated with this signing but for some reason I’m really not

Davis and Clark don’t need upgrading. But he’s not joining to sit on the bench. All I can think (hope) is he’s going to be reinvented to play the burns role.

Wish I felt more positive about it, but just don’t for some reason

[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 12:42]

Well he isn’t wrong is he? Williams has not been a roaring success. Don’t get me wrong I’d like to keep him but as someone else said he can’t get in the team at the moment.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:46 - Dec 19 with 903 viewsTractorCam

He was injured.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:47 - Dec 19 with 893 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:44 - Dec 19 by chicoazul

Well he isn’t wrong is he? Williams has not been a roaring success. Don’t get me wrong I’d like to keep him but as someone else said he can’t get in the team at the moment.

He's been injured, as per McKenna.
He's not been a roaring success? You ok hun?

He's been voted MOM twice on here versus Clarkes *checks notes* none.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:48 - Dec 19 with 887 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:44 - Dec 19 by chicoazul

Christ on a bike.... HE. GOT. INJURED.

He literally started 7 days ago.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:52 - Dec 19 with 870 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:47 - Dec 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

He's been injured, as per McKenna.
He's not been a roaring success? You ok hun?

He's been voted MOM twice on here versus Clarkes *checks notes* none.

Sorry, I appear to have used your bike phrase, must have echoed in my head after just reading your other reply.

Maybe that should be trademarked against Brandon Williams slander?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 12:59 - Dec 19 with 822 views_clive_baker_

He was injured against Watford. I think the 'alleged' incident happened a good few weeks ago, was outside of the club environment no nothing like being annoyed at not playing etc and he's still been involved to some degree since. So it's either b0llocks, exaggerated, or if true it's not been deemed significant enough to leave him out over.

I don't think there's much more to his absence from the starting line up recently than fitness / injury / Clarke's form tbh. McKenna's known him a long time, and I'm sure he'll pick the side he thinks is most capable of winning games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024