Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. 15:14 - Dec 18 with 6200 viewsBluePG

What’s the plan with these two? They must be on handsome contracts, yet aren’t seen as first-choice in their chosen positions. I do get that they’ve had injury issues, however it shows how strong the squad is….or are they luxuries that we may rue having on board?

How we’d have cried out for such an embarrassment of riches only 18 months ago!

Poll: Best Dane?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:17 - Dec 18 with 4082 viewsJ2BLUE

The plan is for a strong squad.

I don't think we will regret having two players of their quality ready and waiting if needed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:21 - Dec 18 with 4018 viewsTractorCam

Both rotate into the squad regularly. As said it's good to have these players as options even if they don't start every game. I don't imagine (or hope) they don't have a problem with this.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 15:22]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:22 - Dec 18 with 4003 viewsbluesbrothers

Expect us to sign a new right back in January.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:33 - Dec 18 with 3872 viewsDarkBrandon

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:22 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

That seems about as likely as us signing a new goalkeeper
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:33 - Dec 18 with 3873 viewsMeadowlark

I wonder if Tuanzebe is on such a "handsome" contract? I wouldn't be surprised if he's on some type of pay per play deal.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:37 - Dec 18 with 3834 viewsBiGDonnie

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:22 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

I've seen this posted a few times and really don't know why. Why do you think we'll look to strengthen one of our strongest positions?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:37 - Dec 18 with 3830 views_clive_baker_

Tuanzebe I think was always going to take time, he's been out and barely played for so long before joining. We've got him for the season and an option for next, so taking a few months to get him properly up to speed and in the right condition is potentially a good investment if it means we get a good 18 months from him, and there's been no need to rush him yet. I was really impressed with him last week, thought he was superb at Watford and wouldn't be surprised if he and Woolf form a nice little partnership when Burgess goes on international duty.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Williams' loan is cut short in January, if the rumours are to be believed, but it would be a shame as purely from a footballing perspective he's a good player and his versatility is very valuable. Hopefully he sticks around.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:39 - Dec 18 with 3821 viewsbluesbrothers

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:37 - Dec 18 by BiGDonnie

I've seen this posted a few times and really don't know why. Why do you think we'll look to strengthen one of our strongest positions?

If I speak I am in big trouble...

Let's just say it's nothing to do with the footballing ability of the existing players
Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:39 - Dec 18 with 3807 viewshomer_123

Williams isn't actually playing in his preferred position but is proving his worth not just on the pitch but it has clearly pushed Clarke on as well.

He's a fine player and would be great perm addition.

The Axe - well, he is getting better and better - if you watch some of the positions he takes up and ready of the game, you can see why he played a lot in the Prem and would be there now were it not for injuries. I see no issue in extending his contract with us at all.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:44 - Dec 18 with 3746 views_clive_baker_

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:39 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

Let's just say it's nothing to do with the footballing ability of the existing players

I wouldn't speak if I were you, for Phil's sake.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:45 - Dec 18 with 3742 viewsBiGDonnie

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:39 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

Does Williams have a move lined up or United looking to recall and use him?

COYBs

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:45 - Dec 18 with 3740 viewsIllinoisblue

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:37 - Dec 18 by BiGDonnie

Presumably because one of them won’t be here much longer

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:47 - Dec 18 with 3709 viewsbluesbrothers

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:44 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

I wouldn't speak if I were you, for Phil's sake.

No need to say anything else. It's not hard to join the dots.

But yeh, led to believe we've wanted to make a change but also didn't want to risk leaving ourselves short outside of a transfer window.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:52 - Dec 18 with 3652 viewsZx1988

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:47 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

No need to say anything else. It's not hard to join the dots.

But yeh, led to believe we've wanted to make a change but also didn't want to risk leaving ourselves short outside of a transfer window.

I'd be surprised if this is the case, given Ashton's comments.

If one of our RBs has turned into a bad apple/reputational risk, I've no doubt that they'd have been shown the door post-haste.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:53 - Dec 18 with 3639 viewsbluesbrothers

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:52 - Dec 18 by Zx1988

I'd be surprised if this is the case, given Ashton's comments.

If one of our RBs has turned into a bad apple/reputational risk, I've no doubt that they'd have been shown the door post-haste.

Guess we'll find out
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:59 - Dec 18 with 3581 viewsBiGDonnie

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:53 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

Guess we'll find out

Hhhmmmm.

Hopefully Mr Ham will be along shortly to tell us it's all rubbish and he's staying.

COYBs

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:02 - Dec 18 with 3549 viewsbluesbrothers

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:59 - Dec 18 by BiGDonnie

Hhhmmmm.

Hopefully Mr Ham will be along shortly to tell us it's all rubbish and he's staying.

Even if he does, I stand by it.

Talking about it is complicated though and so all I'm saying is that I expect him to leave and to get someone else in.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:14 - Dec 18 with 3418 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 15:45 - Dec 18 by BiGDonnie

Does Williams have a move lined up or United looking to recall and use him?

Williams is not going to be used by United and isn't going to be recalled unless he drops out the team/ agreed by KMc., Williams currently plays regular football for Town, barring some injuries he's been Town's starting right back this season. Brandon has shown affection to the club and fans.

Verdict: Williams is a happy man and won't be going anywhere.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:16 - Dec 18 with 3386 viewsBiGDonnie

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:14 - Dec 18 by TractorCam

Williams is not going to be used by United and isn't going to be recalled unless he drops out the team/ agreed by KMc., Williams currently plays regular football for Town, barring some injuries he's been Town's starting right back this season. Brandon has shown affection to the club and fans.

I hope you're right.

COYBs

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:17 - Dec 18 with 3377 views_clive_baker_

Might not be his decision.

Hopefully he can knuckle down and sticks around because he's a very good player when on it, and versatile too.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:20 - Dec 18 with 3356 viewshadleighboyblue

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:02 - Dec 18 by bluesbrothers

Even if he does, I stand by it.

Talking about it is complicated though and so all I'm saying is that I expect him to leave and to get someone else in.

This speculation isn't helping anyone , best to leave it ...que sera ,sera
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:21 - Dec 18 with 3336 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:17 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

Might not be his decision.

Hopefully he can knuckle down and sticks around because he's a very good player when on it, and versatile too.

It's not a case of him not being on it, he has been injured a lot.

Speculation about him being a bad egg, not saying from you, isn't helping us as fanbase or Phil through the website.

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:24 - Dec 18 with 3315 viewsBigCommon

Get the impression Axel is still being managed, fitness/injury wise.. Think we'll see him in one of the Leeds/Leicester games....
Imo we are a stronger with Williams in the squad .. But if there is a character/mentality issue, then KM knows best what to do for the greater good.. I like him "when" he's switched on.. And atm, for me, Williams is the best alternative at the club to slot in at LB, should anything happen to Leif..
And I still think that both AT and Williams, coming from where they come from, would have helped push standards a bit throughout the squad.. Eg, Clarke looks like he's gone up a notch, in recent games. Having got back in the starting line up.

Edit.. As a side.. I was wondering if the Wimbledon game would see us try out the Axel/Woolfy CB pairing.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:25]
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:28 - Dec 18 with 3262 views_clive_baker_

Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:21 - Dec 18 by TractorCam

It's not a case of him not being on it, he has been injured a lot.

Speculation about him being a bad egg, not saying from you, isn't helping us as fanbase or Phil through the website.

Don't think it's much of a case of bad eggery or particularly subjective, but agreed probably best to not speculate.

From a footballing perspective I hope he sticks around and stays fit, once he was getting in his stride he looked superb, and as I say his versatility is very valuable.
Tuanzebe and Williams, probably a naive post. on 16:39 - Dec 18 with 3175 viewschicoazul

Strongly suspect Williams is going back to the Premier League. Which is where he belongs let’s be honest.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024