Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was frustrating 17:03 - Jan 1 with 1518 viewsIllinoisblue

Never really threatened at all. Luongo, Chaplin, Broady and Burns all not quite at it. Axel and Fridge looked solid. Clarke too.

The Jan window was big, now seems HUGE

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That was frustrating on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 1478 viewsJohnTy

We've now scored 1 goal in four matches.
That was frustrating on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 1448 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

That's the most disappointing of the run in my opinion. No Morsy for the next two, Saints slipping up, needed to win today.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

That was frustrating on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 1432 viewsIllinoisblue

That was frustrating on 17:04 - Jan 1 by JohnTy

And I was there for it. Every cloud…

62 - 78 - 81

That was frustrating on 17:09 - Jan 1 with 1337 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Chaplin was the one creating the best opportunities for us with flicks and Balls inside, especially for Burns who unfortunately didn’t deliver today.
That was frustrating on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1318 viewsWestSussexBlue

That was frustrating on 17:05 - Jan 1 by SlippinJimmyJuan

That's the most disappointing of the run in my opinion. No Morsy for the next two, Saints slipping up, needed to win today.

Funny how the perception is we were unlucky not to maul Norwich but an away point for Southampton is a slip up. To be fair I think that’s a decent point for them. Transfer window is crucial for us now. We are likely to drop out of the top Two but if we recruit well and stay within striking distance who knows. Leeds Saints last game could be interesting.
That was frustrating on 17:13 - Jan 1 with 1244 viewsIllinoisblue

That was frustrating on 17:09 - Jan 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Chaplin was the one creating the best opportunities for us with flicks and Balls inside, especially for Burns who unfortunately didn’t deliver today.

Burns was poor as was Omari. Not one good cross between them

62 - 78 - 81

That was frustrating on 17:13 - Jan 1 with 1236 viewsbobbyramsey

That was frustrating on 17:04 - Jan 1 by JohnTy

Only four shots on target in the last two games…..
That was frustrating on 17:14 - Jan 1 with 1228 viewsHalifaxBlue

Burns was poor for me. I think the rest are a knock on effect of not having the Davis threat to pin defenders and stretch the oppo

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Login to get fewer ads

That was frustrating on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 1174 viewsDaninthecampo

Qpr I can understand as we had too many players out But today we were only missing Hirst and Davis and didn't look like scoring, all the possession but no real chances
Our success has been down to our goal scoring we need to remedy this asap
That was frustrating on 17:18 - Jan 1 with 1134 viewsAlberto_the_frog

That was frustrating on 17:16 - Jan 1 by Daninthecampo

Qpr I can understand as we had too many players out But today we were only missing Hirst and Davis and didn't look like scoring, all the possession but no real chances
Our success has been down to our goal scoring we need to remedy this asap

Others still not rally fit /well, though
That was frustrating on 17:18 - Jan 1 with 1126 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That was frustrating on 17:14 - Jan 1 by HalifaxBlue

Burns was poor for me. I think the rest are a knock on effect of not having the Davis threat to pin defenders and stretch the oppo

Agreed. He was the most disappointing player on the pitch today. Was in behind a few times and either hesitated or couldn’t find a decent delivery. Reminded me of a few games last year like Cambridge.
That was frustrating on 17:21 - Jan 1 with 1074 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stoke have scored 10 and conceded 13 in their 14 home matches this season. It was always going to be difficult to break them down. They beat Leeds 1-0, lost 0-1 to Southampton and haven't played Leicester there yet.

It was far from a disaster.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That was frustrating on 17:21 - Jan 1 with 1072 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

That was frustrating on 17:10 - Jan 1 by WestSussexBlue

Funny how the perception is we were unlucky not to maul Norwich but an away point for Southampton is a slip up. To be fair I think that’s a decent point for them. Transfer window is crucial for us now. We are likely to drop out of the top Two but if we recruit well and stay within striking distance who knows. Leeds Saints last game could be interesting.

Just really from the standpoint that I thought Southampton would wallop them today. Agree on the rest though, we need a striker fast. I like Jackson wide and he works hard, but he just isn't a presence in the box. We're sloppy at the moment which doesn't help but neither of the two options look capable for what we need. The big positive today was Edmundson for me, looked calm and collected throughout. Hopefully we are still in the hunt come the final day, although as things stand, we do have to face McKenna's kryptonite - Darren Moore

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

That was frustrating on 17:25 - Jan 1 with 1018 viewsFunge

That was frustrating on 17:21 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Stoke have scored 10 and conceded 13 in their 14 home matches this season. It was always going to be difficult to break them down. They beat Leeds 1-0, lost 0-1 to Southampton and haven't played Leicester there yet.

Bear in mind, also, that Schumacher knows all about us.

Plymouth were bloody tough beat at home under him; I could see Stoke going the same way.

Annoying that we didn't do more with the extra man, mind.
That was frustrating on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 933 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That was frustrating on 17:25 - Jan 1 by Funge

Bear in mind, also, that Schumacher knows all about us.

Plymouth were bloody tough beat at home under him; I could see Stoke going the same way.

Annoying that we didn't do more with the extra man, mind.

I don’t think it helped us weirdly.
That was frustrating on 17:33 - Jan 1 with 884 viewspointofblue

That was frustrating on 17:21 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would have been ok with a point at kick off. It's failing to break down ten men which is annoying, and makes this two points dropped. But we've gained wins where draws would have been good results, so just offsetting one of those, I guess.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That was frustrating on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 847 viewsTheBoyBlue

Was impressed by Tuanzebe who seems to get better each time I see him. Burns & Hutchinson were getting into great positions but not many of their crosses landed on a Town head.

Overall though, we played well but just lacked a finishing touch. At least Southampton dropped points (thanks Norwich!) and so we have a couple of weeks and a cup match to get players fully recovered, work out a way of playing without Morsy and get some reinforcements in, whilst still just about keeping the chasing pack at arms length.
[Post edited 1 Jan 18:43]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

That was frustrating on 17:38 - Jan 1 with 809 viewsFrimleyBlue

That was frustrating on 17:13 - Jan 1 by Illinoisblue

Burns was poor as was Omari. Not one good cross between them

This may come as a surprise considering my previous posts.

But I felt sorry for Burns today.

How any town player can expect a winger to get a ball to the far post without the keeper catching it is staggering.

Time and time again Burns got the chance to whip it in from the byline...but no town player went anywhere near the near post or even central. He ain't Beckham.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

That was frustrating on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 762 viewsMedblue

That was frustrating on 17:18 - Jan 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Agreed. He was the most disappointing player on the pitch today. Was in behind a few times and either hesitated or couldn’t find a decent delivery. Reminded me of a few games last year like Cambridge.

Burn’s crossing was appalling today, first man every time. Taking off Chaplin, who looked like the only one able to create space from nothing, was a poor decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024