Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry -Leicester 12:33 - Jan 13 with 2234 viewsSharkey

I don’t really know anyone who supports either of these clubs. But am I right in thinking this is historically their biggest game, like Town-Norwich, Forest -Derby, - even if they have plenty of other close neighbours?
Coventry -Leicester on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 2162 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's known as the m69 derby.

I think they look elsewhere for their rivalries but are largely not reciprocated in the same way. Cov hate Villa but Villa are too busy hating Brum. Leics hate Forest but they're too busy hating Derby.

It's kind of a rivalry of convenience of being separated by a road. They're even technically East v West Mids. I think they go along with it but I don't think the acrimony is anywhere near what ours is with them up the road.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Coventry -Leicester on 12:41 - Jan 13 with 2156 viewsVegtablue

For Leicester I was sure it to be Forest, but I haven't thought about who Coventry dislike most.
Coventry -Leicester on 12:46 - Jan 13 with 2114 viewsAlberto_the_frog

I'm more surprised, given the number of strip changes we seem to get these days, that Leicester are playing in royal blue at the home of the sky blues
Coventry -Leicester on 12:48 - Jan 13 with 2091 viewsGavTWTD

Coventry -Leicester on 12:46 - Jan 13 by Alberto_the_frog

I'm more surprised, given the number of strip changes we seem to get these days, that Leicester are playing in royal blue at the home of the sky blues

It's fine, unlike newcastle v sunderland the other day. that was almost unwatchable.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Coventry -Leicester on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 2041 viewsIllinoisblue

Cov fans seem to be trying to make it more of a rivalry with some vile banners mocking the helicopter crash. Hard to comprehend why people do such things

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Coventry -Leicester on 12:56 - Jan 13 with 2022 viewsIllinoisblue

Coventry -Leicester on 12:48 - Jan 13 by GavTWTD

It's fine, unlike newcastle v sunderland the other day. that was almost unwatchable.

That was horrendous viewing. Surprised there aren’t FA rules about such a clash of stripes/colours

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Coventry -Leicester on 12:58 - Jan 13 with 1998 viewsgainsboroughblue

Coventry -Leicester on 12:56 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

That was horrendous viewing. Surprised there aren’t FA rules about such a clash of stripes/colours

They always used to change. I can remember them meeting one another in the play-offs many years ago. Sunderland (Eric Gates n all) wearing Blue at SJP and Newc returning the compliment with what I think was green/yellow.

Edit. The Sheffield clubs always seem to wear their traditional stripes too but somehow much more watchable than the North East pair last week.
[Post edited 13 Jan 13:00]

Coventry -Leicester on 13:07 - Jan 13 with 1909 viewsWestover

I would like to see Sackamoto in a Town shirt very good player.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry -Leicester on 13:16 - Jan 13 with 1858 viewsStewart27

The ref is now about to ruin what was a great game.

Leicester have done nothing but every decision has gone their way including a ridiculous penalty decision.
Coventry -Leicester on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1816 viewsgainsboroughblue

Coventry -Leicester on 13:16 - Jan 13 by Stewart27

The ref is now about to ruin what was a great game.

Leicester have done nothing but every decision has gone their way including a ridiculous penalty decision.

Leics down to 10 though now.

Coventry -Leicester on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1811 viewsWestover

Leicester down to ten.
Coventry -Leicester on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 1752 viewsEastTownBlue

Coventry -Leicester on 13:19 - Jan 13 by Westover

Leicester down to ten.

Three match ban subject to appeal.
Coventry -Leicester on 13:30 - Jan 13 with 1724 viewsStenvict

Coventry -Leicester on 13:27 - Jan 13 by EastTownBlue

Three match ban subject to appeal.

Anyone know who Leicester have next?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Coventry -Leicester on 14:07 - Jan 13 with 1601 viewsgainsboroughblue

Coventry huffing and puffing. Leicester defend very well but maybe guilty sometimes of pushing their luck with playing deep given the amount of late goals they concede so here's hoping.

Maresca now has touchline ban against us.

Coventry -Leicester on 14:11 - Jan 13 with 1576 viewsgainsboroughblue

And there you go.

1-1

Coventry -Leicester on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 1508 viewsGeoffSentence

Coventry -Leicester on 12:41 - Jan 13 by Vegtablue

For Leicester I was sure it to be Forest, but I haven't thought about who Coventry dislike most.

Nuneaton Borough.

Not a derby thats taken place for a while.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Coventry -Leicester on 14:20 - Jan 13 with 1489 viewsWestover

Well done Coventry that was Well deserved 👏 👍
Coventry -Leicester on 14:23 - Jan 13 with 1440 viewsbluelagos

Coventry -Leicester on 14:18 - Jan 13 by GeoffSentence

Nuneaton Borough.

Not a derby thats taken place for a while.

As an aside - I went to a Nuneaton Borough v Swansea FA cup match once. Going guess it was around 94 but could be a couple of years either side.

My mate was a Swans fan and dragged me along to watch the "mighty Swans". They got dicked and I got to see him having a "You're a disgrace to the shirt" level meltdown as the team trooped off.

Loved it :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Coventry -Leicester on 14:23 - Jan 13 with 1439 viewsgainsboroughblue

Coventry -Leicester on 14:20 - Jan 13 by Westover

Whenever I've seen Leicester, I have never really been bowled over by them. They are functional but when they aren't going forward, they seem pretty vulnerable. Maresca seems to lose it in the 2nd half as well, slow to react. They seem to have lost a lot of points in the second half of games. They are clearly doing a lot right though to be so far clear.
[Post edited 13 Jan 14:23]

Coventry -Leicester on 14:24 - Jan 13 with 1423 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Coventry -Leicester on 14:20 - Jan 13 by Westover

Cov are on a very good run. I wouldn't be at all surprised at the finishing in the top 6. Just think what they'd do if Simms started doing as well as people expected
Coventry -Leicester on 14:27 - Jan 13 with 1352 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A bit of a weird one because two very sizable clubs but all their nearest rivals have a bigger rival, so they kind of choose each other.

Leicester don’t get on either anyone in the East Midlands though.
Coventry -Leicester on 14:39 - Jan 13 with 1260 viewsWestover

Coventry -Leicester on 14:24 - Jan 13 by Alberto_the_frog

Cov are on a very good run. I wouldn't be at all surprised at the finishing in the top 6. Just think what they'd do if Simms started doing as well as people expected

Agree I've watched a few of there games and told a friend weeks ago that I though they would finish top six.
Coventry -Leicester on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 1185 viewsKievthegreat

Coventry -Leicester on 14:27 - Jan 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A bit of a weird one because two very sizable clubs but all their nearest rivals have a bigger rival, so they kind of choose each other.

Leicester don’t get on either anyone in the East Midlands though.

I live in Leicester and was chatting to one of their fans and he was adamant that the biggest rivals were Forest. He was also certain that Forest hated them as much as Derby. However I know for a fact this is not the case, even with 2 leagues between them, ask a forest fan who are their rivals they'll say Derby first. Hell I reckon most would say Notts County before Leicester.
Coventry -Leicester on 14:48 - Jan 13 with 1138 viewsSharkey

Coventry -Leicester on 14:39 - Jan 13 by Westover

Agree I've watched a few of there games and told a friend weeks ago that I though they would finish top six.

Is it fair to say that every time people get worried that McKenna will be pinched by a ‘bigger’ club, they should take comfort that Robbins has been around for quite a while?
Coventry -Leicester on 14:59 - Jan 13 with 1070 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Coventry -Leicester on 14:45 - Jan 13 by Kievthegreat

I live in Leicester and was chatting to one of their fans and he was adamant that the biggest rivals were Forest. He was also certain that Forest hated them as much as Derby. However I know for a fact this is not the case, even with 2 leagues between them, ask a forest fan who are their rivals they'll say Derby first. Hell I reckon most would say Notts County before Leicester.

Agree but not sure on the last sentence. An FA cup game the other year was quite tasty in Nottingham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024