Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd 15:47 - Jan 13 with 6372 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now. Time to go on a run and get it back.

Coyb!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:35 - Jan 14 with 1045 viewsVegtablue

Something that hasn't been emphasized on this thread, is quite how stiff the competition is this season. I mentioned it back in early November, that I couldn't see 90 points being enough this year, and currently 3rd place is on course for 94 points.

In previous Championship seasons, our gap to 3rd after 27 games and 58 points would have been:

22/23: 15 points
21/22: 9 points
20/21: 7 points
19/20: 12 points
18/19: 8 points
17/18: 8 points
16/17: 9 points
15/16: 9 points
14/15: 8 points
13/14: 6 points
12/13: 11 points
11/12: 9 points
10/11: 12 points
09/10: 8 points
08/09: 7 points
07/08: 11 points
06/07: 11 points
05/06: 10 points
04/05: 9 points

In 12 of those previous 19 seasons we would be top, enjoying a gap over everybody of 1/1/3/3/4/5/5/5/6/7/8/8 points depending on the year.

60+ points after 27 games in the Championship has been achieved 5 times in 20 seasons: that's 0.005% of entrants. We're the 9th best team after 27 games since the league's inception, placing us inside the top 1% of performers so far.

Now we haven't been mind-bogglingly unlucky, we are the disruptors: the extra team that traditionally shouldn't be congesting the top of the table, having just tasted promotion from L1. Had we just dropped down from the PL instead, Leicester wouldn't be here to compete with and it would have been Barnsley making up 24th spot instead. However, the relegated three are arguably as strong as the Championship has known, which is clearly unfortunate. Onwards and hopefully upwards, but we shouldn't forget how magnificent the start has been and how 'freakish' (underlined) it would have been to have maintained a 10-point gap over Southampton (the 15th best team in Championship history after 27 games, inside the top 2%).
I never "play the poster" on 11:53 - Jan 14 with 1007 viewsDyland

Or... on 10:44 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

You've opened my OP. So yes you chose to read the content. It was easy for you to ignore.

Also. It didn't need any context. It was about kickstarting our season to get the gap back which was a bit obvious considering we were playing 2 hours later.

Perhaps of you played the post not the poster you wouldn't be so quick to jump into a frenzy.

That's a lazy accusation. Tbf you do get that from certain quarters but those posters have generally put you on ignore now (Donners e.g.). I've uppied plenty of your posts, for what that's worth (fook all I guess).

If you put a negative spin on what is currently going on at Town like here in your title, and do so again and again (not always, clearly), then it's hard to separate the post from the poster. And why should we anyway. As I say, you are extremely prolific so not sure what you expect other posters to do. As Churchers says, it's nice to have a break sometimes and I've done so myself int he last couple of weeks. It would be great if you could follow suit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:59 - Jan 14 with 996 viewsChurchman

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:35 - Jan 14 by Vegtablue

Something that hasn't been emphasized on this thread, is quite how stiff the competition is this season. I mentioned it back in early November, that I couldn't see 90 points being enough this year, and currently 3rd place is on course for 94 points.

In previous Championship seasons, our gap to 3rd after 27 games and 58 points would have been:

22/23: 15 points
21/22: 9 points
20/21: 7 points
19/20: 12 points
18/19: 8 points
17/18: 8 points
16/17: 9 points
15/16: 9 points
14/15: 8 points
13/14: 6 points
12/13: 11 points
11/12: 9 points
10/11: 12 points
09/10: 8 points
08/09: 7 points
07/08: 11 points
06/07: 11 points
05/06: 10 points
04/05: 9 points

In 12 of those previous 19 seasons we would be top, enjoying a gap over everybody of 1/1/3/3/4/5/5/5/6/7/8/8 points depending on the year.

60+ points after 27 games in the Championship has been achieved 5 times in 20 seasons: that's 0.005% of entrants. We're the 9th best team after 27 games since the league's inception, placing us inside the top 1% of performers so far.

Now we haven't been mind-bogglingly unlucky, we are the disruptors: the extra team that traditionally shouldn't be congesting the top of the table, having just tasted promotion from L1. Had we just dropped down from the PL instead, Leicester wouldn't be here to compete with and it would have been Barnsley making up 24th spot instead. However, the relegated three are arguably as strong as the Championship has known, which is clearly unfortunate. Onwards and hopefully upwards, but we shouldn't forget how magnificent the start has been and how 'freakish' (underlined) it would have been to have maintained a 10-point gap over Southampton (the 15th best team in Championship history after 27 games, inside the top 2%).

Interesting. Yes the three relegated sides do look strong. Looking at those points stats, it’s also freaky that we are seeing a bit of a repeat, albeit at a higher level, of a number of outstanding teams battling it out.

This season is Championship where many, including me, were uncertain how well we’d do. Where we are is unbelievable really. Having seen yesterday’s game now, Burgess, Morsy, Luongo, Hirst all missing facing a more than decent Championship team. Our team were excellent, as they have been for most of the season - the stats don’t lie.
I never "play the poster" on 12:00 - Jan 14 with 988 viewsFrimleyBlue

I never "play the poster" on 11:53 - Jan 14 by Dyland

That's a lazy accusation. Tbf you do get that from certain quarters but those posters have generally put you on ignore now (Donners e.g.). I've uppied plenty of your posts, for what that's worth (fook all I guess).

If you put a negative spin on what is currently going on at Town like here in your title, and do so again and again (not always, clearly), then it's hard to separate the post from the poster. And why should we anyway. As I say, you are extremely prolific so not sure what you expect other posters to do. As Churchers says, it's nice to have a break sometimes and I've done so myself int he last couple of weeks. It would be great if you could follow suit.

No thank you. Don't need a break.

You did however again decide to open the thread if a poster you wish not to read the thoughts of. So that's on you.

Also.. if this OP actually bugs you that much then I dare to think what your emotions are when someone says something actually bad.

We lost a 10 gap. We had a game coming up. I said let's start another run. The end.

Woah woah woah. Over negative there let me freak out about it then tell you it's hard to ignore you.

Waka waka eh eh

I never "play the poster" on 12:25 - Jan 14 with 929 viewsChurchman

I never "play the poster" on 12:00 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

You did however again decide to open the thread if a poster you wish not to read the thoughts of. So that's on you.

Also.. if this OP actually bugs you that much then I dare to think what your emotions are when someone says something actually bad.

We lost a 10 gap. We had a game coming up. I said let's start another run. The end.

Woah woah woah. Over negative there let me freak out about it then tell you it's hard to ignore you.

This 10 point gap we lost. We dropped 6 points to Norwich, Stoke and QPR. Where did you expect the other four to come from? What were your expectations after the Watford game, given the number of games and the opposition? I can only assume a draw at Leeds and a win against Leicester?

Given we are still seven ahead of Leeds despite the hiding there, maybe we should just give Southampton a little credit for the run they’ve been on?
I never "play the poster" on 12:31 - Jan 14 with 918 viewsFrimleyBlue

I never "play the poster" on 12:25 - Jan 14 by Churchman

This 10 point gap we lost. We dropped 6 points to Norwich, Stoke and QPR. Where did you expect the other four to come from? What were your expectations after the Watford game, given the number of games and the opposition? I can only assume a draw at Leeds and a win against Leicester?

Given we are still seven ahead of Leeds despite the hiding there, maybe we should just give Southampton a little credit for the run they’ve been on?

Of course if you're digesting the situation and the whys absolutely well done southampton. Likewise if you're digesting why we didn't win some games we know why.

But the OP wasn't to digest and dig into anything other than at the specific time of the post we had dropped to 3rd and it was a warcry for town to get on a winning run to get that gap back. Which we subsequently won. We've built 3 points again now get prepped to get another against Leicester.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 13:07 - Jan 14 with 863 viewsReusersTown

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:00 - Jan 13 by ITFCSG

I have been slated often for stating the obvious that our recent draws against the scum, QPR and Stoke has thrown a large spanner in the works for autos. Summer was where we failed to build, it was obvious momentum or not we could not play a largely unchanged League One squad in the Championship and hope for autos. Now that has come back to bite us with injuries and suspensions mounting. Still half a month to go, new signings especially a striker or two is CRUCIAL.

So you wanted us to build the squad for automatic promotion in the summer having just been promoted?. Take a look at yourself would you!
I never "play the poster" on 13:27 - Jan 14 with 831 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You didn't say we lost a 10 point gap though. You said "We've let a 10 point gap drop." That suggests we've done it to ourselves. Done something wrong, been architects of our own downfall. But we really haven't. We've had injuries, sickness, the suspension of our captain, coupled with the incredible form of Southampton. And of course it was incredible form by ourselves that created that 10 point gap in the first place.

And the only reason the 10 point gap briefly went was because we were playing later than everyone else. Had we all played at the same time the 10 point gap wouldn't have gone.

Once again, I bring you context.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

I never "play the poster" on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 829 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I never "play the poster" on 12:31 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Of course if you're digesting the situation and the whys absolutely well done southampton. Likewise if you're digesting why we didn't win some games we know why.

But the OP wasn't to digest and dig into anything other than at the specific time of the post we had dropped to 3rd and it was a warcry for town to get on a winning run to get that gap back. Which we subsequently won. We've built 3 points again now get prepped to get another against Leicester.

That was a warcry?!?!?

Remind me not to go into battle with you!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Context! on 18:21 - Jan 14 with 721 viewsDyland

It doesn't "bug me that much" , in the context of what matters in the real world as well as on here. Weasel words. I'm responding in a calm and hopefully generally polite manner.

You say things like "you open the thread" (by choice) without acknowledging (or maybe not realising) that I can see the content without opening the post, in this case the whole lot but regardless, I was taking issue with the title. I'm not going to suddenly start using this message board after more than two decades somehow trying to avoid looking at your posts completely on the first page, or putting a finger in front of the screen to cover your posts up.

So I get to read your comments just by opening the forum, and will therefore respond if I feel passionate enough about the topic.

Context! on 18:27 - Jan 14 with 712 viewsFrimleyBlue

Context! on 18:21 - Jan 14 by Dyland

It doesn't "bug me that much" , in the context of what matters in the real world as well as on here. Weasel words. I'm responding in a calm and hopefully generally polite manner.

You say things like "you open the thread" (by choice) without acknowledging (or maybe not realising) that I can see the content without opening the post, in this case the whole lot but regardless, I was taking issue with the title. I'm not going to suddenly start using this message board after more than two decades somehow trying to avoid looking at your posts completely on the first page, or putting a finger in front of the screen to cover your posts up.

So I get to read your comments just by opening the forum, and will therefore respond if I feel passionate enough about the topic.

Then don't moan about not being able to ignore them. You easily can. But choose not too. It's your decision.
Absolutely feel free to throw your opinion back. No drama. But the whole I can't ignore it stuff is just strange as you can if you wanted to.

I've read some posts. Disagreed with them but thought meh can't be ar53ed to respond to that one. You choose what you interact about.

Waka waka eh eh

Context! on 18:36 - Jan 14 with 690 viewsDyland

Context! on 18:27 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Then don't moan about not being able to ignore them. You easily can. But choose not too. It's your decision.
Absolutely feel free to throw your opinion back. No drama. But the whole I can't ignore it stuff is just strange as you can if you wanted to.

I've read some posts. Disagreed with them but thought meh can't be ar53ed to respond to that one. You choose what you interact about.

I literally just explained why I can't easily ignore them (except by not logging on) but hey ho. Different strokes.

If I continuously and voluminously posted stuff you fundamentally disagreed with you may feel impelled to reply as well, regardless of how much my posts annoyed you or not.

But we're talking about the gap between second and third and our season so far, not how and why and should posters ignore each other. Let's leave it there. Have a good evening.

Context! on 18:39 - Jan 14 with 666 viewsMullet

Context! on 18:36 - Jan 14 by Dyland

I literally just explained why I can't easily ignore them (except by not logging on) but hey ho. Different strokes.

If I continuously and voluminously posted stuff you fundamentally disagreed with you may feel impelled to reply as well, regardless of how much my posts annoyed you or not.

But we're talking about the gap between second and third and our season so far, not how and why and should posters ignore each other. Let's leave it there. Have a good evening.

Leave it Dylls, he int wurthett x

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Context! on 18:40 - Jan 14 with 666 viewsFrimleyBlue

Context! on 18:36 - Jan 14 by Dyland

Have a good evening.

Altho just to be clear you can't disagree with the OP.

At the time it was factual our 10 point gap went to no gap and we went 3rd. I then said let's start a run and build out gap back. We subsequently did and find ourselves 2nd again 3 points ahead.

So yeah nothing to disagree with. :)

Waka waka eh eh

I never "play the poster" on 18:57 - Jan 14 with 636 viewsibbleobble

I never "play the poster" on 11:53 - Jan 14 by Dyland

Separating the post from the poster is an interesting point. I think all too often any objective opinion that has a negative connotation or highlights an area for improvement is lumped into a, “you’re a negative poster” group which follows a tirade of dissent without much in the way of debate as per my post on Clarke’s first-half performance last night.

Even though I’ve previously stated he’s had a decent season and offers us so much going forward. I just though he was full of errors and started the game badly and only got better when KM tweaked his positioning at half-time a little.

The post and the poster are exclusive. One is opinion about a moment the other may carry an entirely different opinion in the next game, such is objectivity. I do think the level of labelling, insinuation and ridicule on here at times is tantamount to playground antics, which is easy to get sucked into.

I’ve started to filter those who retort without a genuine opinion on the debate and those who like to political point score in the hope I can filter threads down to those who genuinely are interested in analysing and debating opinion rather than trying to win a game of petty bravado.
I never "play the poster" on 19:16 - Jan 14 with 612 viewsChurchman

I never "play the poster" on 18:57 - Jan 14 by ibbleobble

Separating the post from the poster is an interesting point. I think all too often any objective opinion that has a negative connotation or highlights an area for improvement is lumped into a, “you’re a negative poster” group which follows a tirade of dissent without much in the way of debate as per my post on Clarke’s first-half performance last night.

Even though I’ve previously stated he’s had a decent season and offers us so much going forward. I just though he was full of errors and started the game badly and only got better when KM tweaked his positioning at half-time a little.

The post and the poster are exclusive. One is opinion about a moment the other may carry an entirely different opinion in the next game, such is objectivity. I do think the level of labelling, insinuation and ridicule on here at times is tantamount to playground antics, which is easy to get sucked into.

I’ve started to filter those who retort without a genuine opinion on the debate and those who like to political point score in the hope I can filter threads down to those who genuinely are interested in analysing and debating opinion rather than trying to win a game of petty bravado.

Paragraph three: in your thread you called one one poster ‘a bit wet’ another as an idiot and a player as atrocious in the title and dross in a post.

And yet you talk about ‘labelling insinuation and ridicule’, ‘playground antics’? ‘Post and poster exclusive?’

Good luck with that filtering.
I never "play the poster" on 19:26 - Jan 14 with 586 viewsibbleobble

I never "play the poster" on 19:16 - Jan 14 by Churchman

Paragraph three: in your thread you called one one poster ‘a bit wet’ another as an idiot and a player as atrocious in the title and dross in a post.

And yet you talk about ‘labelling insinuation and ridicule’, ‘playground antics’? ‘Post and poster exclusive?’

Good luck with that filtering.

Didn’t I just also acknowledge it’s easy to get sucked into playground antics, which I did? That’s an admission. You like other posters select passages to glue your retorts together and you too have fallen foul of playground antics with your, “good luck with that filtering”, which is petty bravado so it seems we’re on an even keel…

Glassers didn’t like my difference of opinion.
Rorry misread the context to frame his argument.
And you’ve done both.
[Post edited 14 Jan 19:45]
Oh Jesus, I've only just seen this on 19:27 - Jan 14 with 577 viewsDyland

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:00 - Jan 13 by ITFCSG

I have been slated often for stating the obvious that our recent draws against the scum, QPR and Stoke has thrown a large spanner in the works for autos. Summer was where we failed to build, it was obvious momentum or not we could not play a largely unchanged League One squad in the Championship and hope for autos. Now that has come back to bite us with injuries and suspensions mounting. Still half a month to go, new signings especially a striker or two is CRUCIAL.

It's not FM ffs.

I don't know why I bother, or rather, am bothered on 19:29 - Jan 14 with 567 viewsDyland

Context! on 18:39 - Jan 14 by Mullet

Leave it Dylls, he int wurthett x

Frimmers is right on that one at least, but we is what we is.

I never "play the poster" on 19:58 - Jan 14 with 519 viewsChurchman

I never "play the poster" on 19:26 - Jan 14 by ibbleobble

Didn’t I just also acknowledge it’s easy to get sucked into playground antics, which I did? That’s an admission. You like other posters select passages to glue your retorts together and you too have fallen foul of playground antics with your, “good luck with that filtering”, which is petty bravado so it seems we’re on an even keel…

Glassers didn’t like my difference of opinion.
Rorry misread the context to frame his argument.
And you’ve done both.
[Post edited 14 Jan 19:45]

I don’t know what you mean by ‘petty bravado’, but never mind.

You were rude. I was not. Simple as that. I’ll leave it there.
I never "play the poster" on 20:02 - Jan 14 with 510 viewsibbleobble

I never "play the poster" on 19:58 - Jan 14 by Churchman

I don’t know what you mean by ‘petty bravado’, but never mind.

You were rude. I was not. Simple as that. I’ll leave it there.

I was rude and for that I apologise if it causes offence. The filtering works both ways to avoid frustration that leads to any future retorts - a self sensor, if you will.
I never "play the poster" on 20:15 - Jan 14 with 487 viewsChurchman

I never "play the poster" on 20:02 - Jan 14 by ibbleobble

I was rude and for that I apologise if it causes offence. The filtering works both ways to avoid frustration that leads to any future retorts - a self sensor, if you will.

Of course rudeness causes offence. You have now apologised, so that is an end of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024