Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd 15:47 - Jan 13 with 6498 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now. Time to go on a run and get it back.

Coyb!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 19:45 - Jan 13 with 1285 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 19:42 - Jan 13 by MJallday

Oh I can’t wait to hear your thoughts

We won. It was a great win. Liked Travis
Hopefully that's the start of the run I asked for pre game :)

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 19:46 - Jan 13 with 1270 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:10 - Jan 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

Woooooooooooow

You post about ITFC Are you OK?

Terribly sorry if I've been rattling your sensitive right wing sensibilities dear boy xx

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 19:54 - Jan 13 with 1232 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Leics, Southampton and Leeds all PL teams, budgets that dwarf ours. Making the playoffs this season would be huge given what we came up with and well beyond most of our expectations.

Enjoy the win, back the boys and don't be spoilt fans

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 01:31 - Jan 14 with 1147 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 16:52 - Jan 13 by NeedhamChris

I struggle to see what you've said here that's worthy of a downvote.

Agree, but let's not pretend we expected that gap. It just feels worse because we had it.

Nervous about tonight, but come on town!

I downvoted firstly because of the use of "let". We haven't "let" a 10 point gap drop, we've had injuries, illness and suspension to key players.

Also the fact that he's posted this before we even had chance to play our game.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 02:50 - Jan 14 with 1124 viewsmutters

The negativity on this post is unbelievable. Just in case anybody has forgotten that we were in league one last year. The last few games are really how it was always going to be in a league above, the Championship is always a hard league or have people forgotten the previous stint

Anybody who thinks we are underachieving really needs to get their head in order. We are doing absolutely marvellously, if people thought it would be an easy ride to the Premier League after our start really doesn't know much about football I am afraid.

We can still do it, but it was never going to be linear. Plus wheres the fun in that?

Onwards, upwards, forward ....

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 07:11 - Jan 14 with 1055 viewsBuffaloBill

I'm now fully convinced you're a budgie

Budgie

Or total W a nker

Or both

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 07:20 - Jan 14 with 1041 viewstextbackup

How on earth does this get downvoted?!

He’s absolutely correct, then adds a positive message at the end.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 08:29 - Jan 14 with 980 viewsChurchman

A title that says ‘we’ve let a 10 point gap drop’ suggests a lack of perspective to me or at the least a statement based on a limited sample size to prove a point.

We haven’t let anything ‘drop’. Southampton have been in a great run of form since September and are hammering teams now. Four wins in five and wiped the floor with their opponents yesterday.

By and large they’ve had a kinder run of fixtures than us recently too. Should we have beaten Norwich? Yes, it was the one that got away. It happens. QPR? With a wrecked team, we did alright. Same at Stoke with their new manager and a god awful place to play.

You have to look at the biggest sample size you can. 27 games. We sit second having lost less games even than Leicester who are outstanding.

Along with Leicester and Leeds their resources are far greater than ours. If they fail over a long season to challenge for top two, like last seasons new parachute teams, that’s a disgrace.

We have been outstanding so far. If we fall away a little by May, it’s still been a great season. We’ve made progress on and off the pitch. For me, big picture and enjoy what we are seeing.

Three years ago we were literally seeing the club disappear. Not now. Maybe that’s why I’m not too bothered that we failed to win at Leeds and Stoke and at home in a local derby, a game against the divisions best team and QPR with a ripped up team.

We won yesterday against one of the division’s stronger sides. Great result. We have a full seven days recovery and who knows, we might even get something at Leicester. Regardless, this time next week we will have played five of six games against the other top four teams. I doubt they will have.
Login to get fewer ads

Or... on 08:59 - Jan 14 with 949 viewsDyland

Thank heavens we built up such a lead with fine football and a bit of luck with the fine margins, to soak up the inevitable drop off that our amazing team and slightly less amazing backups would run into, especially looking at everyone's fixtures.

One of the funniest things is Leeds, who quite fairly spanked us but then contrived to lose a couple while we battled out some draws, and still find themselves seven points behind.

Such enervating negativity, lack of perspective and context. You are a troll and it's beyond boring. And as per yesterday's response about ignoring people, it is different on a message board to real life. Posters generally want to engage with whoever, of whatever opinions, on a message board. Besides you tend to post everywhere so it's hard to ignore you on here before you suggest that again.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 09:08 - Jan 14 with 920 viewsStewart27

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 15:54 - Jan 13 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We haven’t been good enough since Boro away, I thought it would take a run if really bad form to really unravel us, and we’ve been poor apart from a the comeback against Leicester. Watching us against QPR and Stoke was painful.

I hope we turn it around tonight but given that we don’t have a replacement Hirst in and are missing Morsy I expect we’ll either draw or lose 0-1 tonight.

Apart from the game where we beat Watford after Boro you mean?

Drawing with poor teams like Norwich, QPR and Stoke will happen sometimes, as it would almost be impossible to keep up the standards of the first 20 games. Apart from dropping points against the top 4 - who are in a league of their own - any result for us will seem disappointing now.

We would never have expected that before the season.
Or... on 09:09 - Jan 14 with 922 viewsDubtractor

Or... on 08:59 - Jan 14 by Dyland

Thank heavens we built up such a lead with fine football and a bit of luck with the fine margins, to soak up the inevitable drop off that our amazing team and slightly less amazing backups would run into, especially looking at everyone's fixtures.

One of the funniest things is Leeds, who quite fairly spanked us but then contrived to lose a couple while we battled out some draws, and still find themselves seven points behind.

Such enervating negativity, lack of perspective and context. You are a troll and it's beyond boring. And as per yesterday's response about ignoring people, it is different on a message board to real life. Posters generally want to engage with whoever, of whatever opinions, on a message board. Besides you tend to post everywhere so it's hard to ignore you on here before you suggest that again.

I'd like to give this more than one uppy Dyllers.

1 defeat in the last 10, and only 3 all season, and with a few key players out at the moment, and we've got supporters desperate to get in there with the negative takes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yes, but.... on 09:12 - Jan 14 with 908 viewsDyland

Or... on 09:09 - Jan 14 by Dubtractor

I'd like to give this more than one uppy Dyllers.

1 defeat in the last 10, and only 3 all season, and with a few key players out at the moment, and we've got supporters desperate to get in there with the negative takes.

We are now third.

I mean second.

But our cushion has vanished!

FFS innit

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yes, but.... on 09:17 - Jan 14 with 891 viewsDubtractor

Yes, but.... on 09:12 - Jan 14 by Dyland

We are now third.

I mean second.

But our cushion has vanished!

FFS innit

You'd think, after the throwing of toys from prams in January 2023, and how that panned out in the end, that people would learn that seasons last 46 games and a short run of games at Christmas (or at any point) don't define a season.

But here we are.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Or... on 10:11 - Jan 14 with 832 viewsChurchman

Leeds are a strange team. They’ve the capacity to murder anyone and do, yet lose the odd game they shouldn’t. Their away record is not the best so there’s a bit of fragility there that I am not seeing in Southampton’s results at the moment.

It’s easy to forget that the opposition want to win too. Just look at Norwich (if you can bear it). Their response at the end of the game said it all. Sometimes you can play teams at a good time, as we did Saints, SW, QPR and Sunderland away sometimes not - e.g. Leeds away and Stoke who battled like hell for their new manager - that was a good point for us btw.

As for putting people on ignore, it doesn’t really work for me as you lose all sense of the thread. It’s easier to just give the board a miss for a while, which is a shame as there are many more excellent posters on here than dimwits.
So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:41 - Jan 14 with 791 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 01:31 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

I downvoted firstly because of the use of "let". We haven't "let" a 10 point gap drop, we've had injuries, illness and suspension to key players.

Also the fact that he's posted this before we even had chance to play our game.

The whole point was to post it before our game... you know... start a new run...

Waka waka eh eh

Or... on 10:44 - Jan 14 with 784 viewsFrimleyBlue

You've opened my OP. So yes you chose to read the content. It was easy for you to ignore.

Also. It didn't need any context. It was about kickstarting our season to get the gap back which was a bit obvious considering we were playing 2 hours later.

Perhaps of you played the post not the poster you wouldn't be so quick to jump into a frenzy.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:46 - Jan 14 with 775 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:41 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

The whole point was to post it before our game... you know... start a new run...

You think your posts inspire the players?!? LOL.

No, your post was a chance to be negative before Ipswich could do anything about it. I wonder if you even realise you do it. You love negativity. I think it might be a safety mechanism: a pessimist is never disappointed.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:49 - Jan 14 with 761 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:46 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

You think your posts inspire the players?!? LOL.

No, your post was a chance to be negative before Ipswich could do anything about it. I wonder if you even realise you do it. You love negativity. I think it might be a safety mechanism: a pessimist is never disappointed.

No. Because 2 hours before kick off I should hope the players aren't logged into twtd to see what the posts are.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:54 - Jan 14 with 735 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:49 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

No. Because 2 hours before kick off I should hope the players aren't logged into twtd to see what the posts are.

I hope the players never read the sh!t you post.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:56 - Jan 14 with 731 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:54 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

I hope the players never read the sh!t you post.

I'm sure they have better things to do than read what I post on a forum.

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:02 - Jan 14 with 719 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 10:56 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

I'm sure they have better things to do than read what I post on a forum.

Everyone does, frankly.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:05 - Jan 14 with 707 viewsNeedhamChris

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:02 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

Everyone does, frankly.

Well, nearly everyone...

Can you two just get a room yet?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:05 - Jan 14 with 707 viewsFrimleyBlue

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:02 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

Everyone does, frankly.

You clearly don't this morning.

Have a good day flash :)

Waka waka eh eh

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:06 - Jan 14 with 696 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:05 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

You clearly don't this morning.

Have a good day flash :)

Yeah but as I said the other day, I'm here to help you.

Once I've served my community service I'll be out of this hell hole.

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:10 - Jan 14 with 672 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So as it stands. We've let a 10 point gap drop. And sit 3rd on 11:05 - Jan 14 by NeedhamChris

Well, nearly everyone...

Can you two just get a room yet?

You wanted McKenna sacked so no-one cares what you think.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024