Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead 21:31 - Jan 13 with 3589 viewsDeano69

Little concerned about him. Bit of a spectator today, not been generally in good form other than a bit better in the FA cup game. Can’t really count the N@rwich game as good as he missed some sitters.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Broadhead on 22:10 - Jan 13 with 3125 viewsbilllm

Has been for a long time now I wouldn't start him,
Especially away from home,
Broadhead on 22:12 - Jan 13 with 3117 viewsIllinoisblue

Definitely going through a run of games that could be called a blip. Looks at times as if he’s overthinking or trying too hard. Needs to loosen up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Broadhead on 22:16 - Jan 13 with 3053 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just not happening for him at the moment. He's struggled to find form since the last international break. He has always had the tendency to drift in and out of games but even in his quieter periods he would conjure up a bit of magic.

It's also worth noting that before he joined us Broadhead had a poor injury record and since the move last January he has played a lot more football in successive matches than he had ever done previously. Maybe he just needs a good rest. Luckily we have options in Harness and Sarmiento.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Broadhead on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 2951 viewsitfcsuth

Spectator probably being generous.

Was very poor.

Form has dipped since Norwich really - it happens, we know what a top player he is, and will resurge no problem.

It’s what you build squads for though - Sarmiento in for the next would be my preference.
Broadhead on 22:35 - Jan 13 with 2946 viewstextbackup

Said it a few weeks back, and got pelters, he’s adding so little to us. He’s not doing anything with the ball like he previously was, not taking shots, no little through balls.
Passenger for large periods

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Broadhead on 22:38 - Jan 13 with 2907 viewspointofblue

Think his position is going to be under pressure from Sarmiento really soon, if their respective performances today are anything to go by.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Broadhead on 22:41 - Jan 13 with 2866 viewsLankHenners

Playing like someone on low confidence - today he was trying to move the ball quickly when he just needed to put his foot on it and find the right pass, and then holding onto it for too long when a teammate was available.

Feels like he needs a spell where he scores a couple or so over a few games just to get him back into his rhythm.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Broadhead on 22:53 - Jan 13 with 2759 viewsJ2BLUE

I would definitely worry about anyone who starts missing Sitters

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead on 23:11 - Jan 13 with 2630 viewsGarv

Very harsh thread this one.

We're judging him against what he did last season, which would have been almost impossible to replicate.

He's been fine, not as good as earlier in the season maybe, but he's still a very important player and ball carrier. People saying 'he's offering nothing to us' - nonsense.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Broadhead on 23:17 - Jan 13 with 2555 viewstextbackup

Broadhead on 23:11 - Jan 13 by Garv

We're judging him against what he did last season, which would have been almost impossible to replicate.

He's been fine, not as good as earlier in the season maybe, but he's still a very important player and ball carrier. People saying 'he's offering nothing to us' - nonsense.

He’s running into defenders, losing the ball when dribbling, he’s carrying it but then not releasing it with any quality, not getting shots off where he would before (all things he’s previously done this season, not judging him on last)

He’s not been anywhere near early season levels. He’s of course not a sht player now, but it’s been weeks of this type of form. So yeah it’s a little concerning, and I’m sure he’ll not be best pleased of late

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Broadhead on 23:18 - Jan 13 with 2556 viewsLeoMuff

I love him as a player, but offered absolutely nothing first half, but was slightly better second.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Broadhead on 23:20 - Jan 13 with 2526 viewsDeano69

Not judging him on last year. My opinion is based on his contribution during games played over the last few weeks. And he really isn’t fine at the moment, he seems to be lacking confidence and concentration.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Broadhead on 01:07 - Jan 14 with 2260 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought he was decent tonight, if unspectacular.

Sunderland are a good team but we deserved that because the whole team played well.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Broadhead on 08:59 - Jan 14 with 1746 viewsibbleobble

Could do with a few games out as a rest and a jolt. Sarmiento to step in. Hutchinson also has significantly faded in recent weeks.
Broadhead on 09:03 - Jan 14 with 1721 viewsitfcsuth

Broadhead on 22:35 - Jan 13 by textbackup

Said it a few weeks back, and got pelters, he’s adding so little to us. He’s not doing anything with the ball like he previously was, not taking shots, no little through balls.
Passenger for large periods

I think that’s a really fair assessment and one I agree with.

Shouldn’t get peltered for criticism - as long as all is balanced, not OTT and not personal attacks, there is nothing wrong with criticism when due.

You can’t just turn a blind eye to it.

As I mention in my post, we know he’s a top player and will rediscover form.
Broadhead on 09:06 - Jan 14 with 1704 viewspennblue

Broadhead on 23:17 - Jan 13 by textbackup

He’s running into defenders, losing the ball when dribbling, he’s carrying it but then not releasing it with any quality, not getting shots off where he would before (all things he’s previously done this season, not judging him on last)

He’s not been anywhere near early season levels. He’s of course not a sht player now, but it’s been weeks of this type of form. So yeah it’s a little concerning, and I’m sure he’ll not be best pleased of late

We need to avoid starting to get stuck into players. We have had the best bond between players and fans for years, we need to keep that strong.

This sort of thread can be hugely damaging to that imo

We have got 19 odd games left, lets keep 100% behind each player until the end of the season

We can do post mortem then

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Broadhead on 09:07 - Jan 14 with 1699 viewsnorfsufblue

I think he'll be fine, despite not being quite on it , his obvious quality is still a threat to the opposition which still needs to be quashed so they still have to use "resources " to make sure he's kept under wraps .... he will fire again, and I'd rather see a teamsheet with his name on it that not.
Broadhead on 09:18 - Jan 14 with 1636 viewsBloomBlue

Reminds me of the time Thijssen had a bad period and Sir Bob made the point that all players have periods where their performance level drops a little. But dropping the player doesn't help the player and actually quality players simply being on the pitch even in those periods will occupy the opposition.
At the moment those little passes aren't coming off for Broadhead but the key for me is he's still trying them. Yesterday, two situations where his pass is a cm away from opening up Sunderland. If he wasn't even trying them I would be concerned.
Broadhead on 09:27 - Jan 14 with 1587 viewsHighgateBlue

Broadhead on 09:18 - Jan 14 by BloomBlue

Reminds me of the time Thijssen had a bad period and Sir Bob made the point that all players have periods where their performance level drops a little. But dropping the player doesn't help the player and actually quality players simply being on the pitch even in those periods will occupy the opposition.
At the moment those little passes aren't coming off for Broadhead but the key for me is he's still trying them. Yesterday, two situations where his pass is a cm away from opening up Sunderland. If he wasn't even trying them I would be concerned.

Yeah he's definitely having a little dip in performance, but everyone has those from time to time, and we're well stocked from the bench in Hutch, Jeremy and Harness (with Aluko to cheer them all on), so I'm not overly worried. He's too good a player in too good a set up not to bounce right back. And now we're back to winning ways, confidence hopefully won't be an issue.
Broadhead on 09:31 - Jan 14 with 1559 viewsJackNorthStand

You are 100% spot on with this one.

In the most respective way possible some fans don’t understand the ins and outs or importance of a certain player to a team especially in the era of only looking at assists and goals an attacker scored to judge him on how important he is.

What you say about him being the ball carrier, so often when he gets the ball the oppo drop off or double up. Either way he is causing a problem
[Post edited 14 Jan 9:32]
Broadhead on 09:36 - Jan 14 with 1528 viewsRozz

Doing a job for us filling in in more than one position, and shouldering more minutes than he would ordinarily. If he finds the net with a couple of his recent half chances we're probably all sitting here with a slightly different outlook.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned also is that teams are looking at Davis in particular as the man to stop, so will often have an extra man over which limits Broadhead's time and space on the ball. See yesterday where Burns was left 1 on 1 with the left back - we didn't get the same on the other side.

He'll come good, especially when the fixture list eases up. This run of games has been pretty relentless and he's not got a reputation for being durable at previous clubs. Stick with him.
Broadhead on 09:58 - Jan 14 with 1450 viewsNutkins_Return

Broadhead on 22:10 - Jan 13 by billlm

Has been for a long time now I wouldn't start him,
Especially away from home,

That's not true at all. He's been a bit up and down but even in the last game in the FA Cup he was arguably our best player.

With the games spacing out again this will help him. Sacramento will also keep him on his toes.

Not worried about broady! Just an off night. Hurst and him had a good understanding which hasn't helped.
Broadhead on 10:11 - Jan 14 with 1374 viewsbackwaywhen

I wonder if that sickness he and Williams picked up has left some sort of after effect regarding his general well being ……just a thought .
Broadhead on 10:22 - Jan 14 with 1324 viewsbilllm

Broadhead on 09:58 - Jan 14 by Nutkins_Return

That's not true at all. He's been a bit up and down but even in the last game in the FA Cup he was arguably our best player.

With the games spacing out again this will help him. Sacramento will also keep him on his toes.

Not worried about broady! Just an off night. Hurst and him had a good understanding which hasn't helped.

The F A cup game was against league two,
So nothing to see here
Broadhead on 12:31 - Jan 14 with 1201 viewsGarv

Broadhead on 09:31 - Jan 14 by JackNorthStand

You are 100% spot on with this one.

In the most respective way possible some fans don’t understand the ins and outs or importance of a certain player to a team especially in the era of only looking at assists and goals an attacker scored to judge him on how important he is.

What you say about him being the ball carrier, so often when he gets the ball the oppo drop off or double up. Either way he is causing a problem
[Post edited 14 Jan 9:32]

100%.

Also have to remember he's probably missing Hirst to link up with, like Bristol City away where he scored from a one-two, and Morsy to slide little passes into feet. And Davis for that matter who has missed a couple of games.

He's also been playing up front for periods. Crazy to think people are 'concerned'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024