Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues 10:57 - Jan 15 with 4986 viewsunstableblue

Once a Blue, Always a Blue

[Post edited 15 Jan 18:23]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 11:05 - Jan 15 with 4868 views_clive_baker_

Very moving. And far too many taken well before their time.

Once a Blue, always a blue.

Rest in Peace.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 12:43 - Jan 15 with 4703 viewsDennyx4

They did have on the big screen, before the players came out. Probably 15 minutes or so before kick off.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 12:48 - Jan 15 with 4676 viewslongtimefan

I'm all for it being posted again but must credit Keno as he posted it Saturday.
They would have enjoyed today, and weren’t forgotten by Keno 13 Jan 20:51
And I’m not sorry if this has been linked already

https://x.com/IpswichTown/status/1746153922350178354?s=20

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:22 - Jan 15 with 4580 viewsunstableblue

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 12:43 - Jan 15 by Dennyx4

They did have on the big screen, before the players came out. Probably 15 minutes or so before kick off.

Thanks. Wasn’t aware of that.

Again good on the club.

I know a wreath was laid at the memorial garden. Which is also a nice touch.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:25 - Jan 15 with 4559 viewsIllinoisblue

A sobering watch every year. May they all rest in peace. And for those us getting on a bit a reminder that makes you wonder how many years left until you might feature in the video.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:32 - Jan 15 with 4511 viewsJohnTy

The only one I knew personally, and that was sometime ago, was David Huxley. When I looked him up on google it brought up a TWTD article announcing his death in 2017.

Anyway he was a most passionate supporter, who I think worked at Portman Road in the 1960's. He must have done thousands of miles supporting Town after he moved from Suffolk. I first met him when he was living in Manchester. He then moved to Birmingham. He introduced me to Bobby Robson at one match I attended with him.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 4473 viewsblueasfook

RIP to all the blues we lost in 2023 :(

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:43 - Jan 15 with 4436 viewslizzibee

Lovely tribute though brought a tear to my eye seeing my friends face there who was knocked off his bike during the year
Once a Blue Always a Blue
Login to get fewer ads

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:44 - Jan 15 with 4426 viewsITFC_Forever

Recognise a couple on there, and Bill Leggate was the Ticket Office manager from the 90s - my Mum used to work with his wife.

RIP Bill and all the other blues from 2023.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 15:52 - Jan 15 with 4252 viewsBasuco

It was a great tribute to all the Town fans who had passed last year, the picture of the child suddenly appearing after a long string of more elderly fans took my breath away and brought a tear to the eye.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 16:27 - Jan 15 with 4165 viewsChurchman

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:44 - Jan 15 by ITFC_Forever

Recognise a couple on there, and Bill Leggate was the Ticket Office manager from the 90s - my Mum used to work with his wife.

RIP Bill and all the other blues from 2023.

I met Bill Leggate years ago and did recognise him.

But the one I really recognised, as said elsewhere on the forum, is my dad who appears after 33 seconds. Unfortunately, I was involved with something for the ABF charity on Saturday and couldn’t go to the game.

However, it was lovely to see his picture on social media and I know the names appeared in the Star and I presume EADT too. The club have very kindly agreed to send me a couple of programmes (one for my sister who was moved when she saw it).

That picture of little Freya? That’s when the room got really dusty.

Well done ITFC for doing this! It is important. As the line says, Once a Blue, Always a Blue.

RIP to all in that remembrance and thoughts to all of their families.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 16:29 - Jan 15 with 4159 viewsPhilTWTD

Pinned.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 16:54 - Jan 15 with 4085 viewsPhilTWTD

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:32 - Jan 15 by JohnTy

The only one I knew personally, and that was sometime ago, was David Huxley. When I looked him up on google it brought up a TWTD article announcing his death in 2017.

Anyway he was a most passionate supporter, who I think worked at Portman Road in the 1960's. He must have done thousands of miles supporting Town after he moved from Suffolk. I first met him when he was living in Manchester. He then moved to Birmingham. He introduced me to Bobby Robson at one match I attended with him.

He interviewed Bobby Robson on his first day as manager for the programme. Was involved with the Blue Arrow trains as well.

He used to travel to watch from Eindhoven at one point, think he came over for the FA Cup final by boat, Sir Bobby having given him tickets, if I remember rightly.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 4010 viewsbluebudgie

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 16:27 - Jan 15 by Churchman

I met Bill Leggate years ago and did recognise him.

But the one I really recognised, as said elsewhere on the forum, is my dad who appears after 33 seconds. Unfortunately, I was involved with something for the ABF charity on Saturday and couldn’t go to the game.

However, it was lovely to see his picture on social media and I know the names appeared in the Star and I presume EADT too. The club have very kindly agreed to send me a couple of programmes (one for my sister who was moved when she saw it).

That picture of little Freya? That’s when the room got really dusty.

Well done ITFC for doing this! It is important. As the line says, Once a Blue, Always a Blue.

RIP to all in that remembrance and thoughts to all of their families.

I used to work with Bill a real gent and lovely man. I just wanted to say big respect to Sunderland fans who were all joining in with the minutes appluse absolute class,,
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 17:36 - Jan 15 with 3988 viewsChurchman

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 17:25 - Jan 15 by bluebudgie

I used to work with Bill a real gent and lovely man. I just wanted to say big respect to Sunderland fans who were all joining in with the minutes appluse absolute class,,

I heard that. Well done them. I’ve been to a couple of Sunderland away games with my Mackem mate and yes, they’re a good lot.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 19:29 - Jan 15 with 3814 viewsFacefacts

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 13:25 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

A sobering watch every year. May they all rest in peace. And for those us getting on a bit a reminder that makes you wonder how many years left until you might feature in the video.

^^^
This. My sentiments too. Getting on in years now.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 20:58 - Jan 15 with 3704 viewsJohnTy

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 16:54 - Jan 15 by PhilTWTD

He interviewed Bobby Robson on his first day as manager for the programme. Was involved with the Blue Arrow trains as well.

He used to travel to watch from Eindhoven at one point, think he came over for the FA Cup final by boat, Sir Bobby having given him tickets, if I remember rightly.

I seem to remember that he was in PR/Advertising.

His account with Dick Ransby of the 1967-1968 promotion is still available.

https://www.tomblandbookshop.co.uk/products/author/Huxley,%20David%20&%20Ran

So did he die in 2017, and if so why was he on last year's list?

Anyway he was a remarkable supporter.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 3628 viewsPhilTWTD

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 20:58 - Jan 15 by JohnTy

I seem to remember that he was in PR/Advertising.

His account with Dick Ransby of the 1967-1968 promotion is still available.

https://www.tomblandbookshop.co.uk/products/author/Huxley,%20David%20&%20Ran

So did he die in 2017, and if so why was he on last year's list?

Anyway he was a remarkable supporter.

No idea why he was on this year's list. I assume a member of his family submitted the information and his photo. He worked for Eastern Electricity - which would have been useful for getting to the ground to do programme and Blue Action interviews - and then for Philips in Eindhoven.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 08:12 - Jan 16 with 3412 viewstextbackup

Sadly a very familiar face on there for me (family)

But many of them on there were far too young to no longer be with us, very sad

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 08:25 - Jan 16 with 3404 viewsJohnTy

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues (Phil request) on 21:56 - Jan 15 by PhilTWTD

No idea why he was on this year's list. I assume a member of his family submitted the information and his photo. He worked for Eastern Electricity - which would have been useful for getting to the ground to do programme and Blue Action interviews - and then for Philips in Eindhoven.

Many thanks. He must have moved from Eindhoven to Manchester which is where I first met him.

Someone I know volunteered at Portman Road where he came across him in the late sixties early seventies.
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 18:23 - Jan 16 with 3155 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Brings home how short life can be doesn't it. Really moving.

RIP each and every one

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 15:01 - Jan 17 with 2906 viewsChurchman

Two nice things the club did. I couldn’t attend the game but the club have sent me a couple of programmes. They don’t want money for them so the I’ll be of course adding the £10 to the donations instead of flowers etc we’ve got going for St Elizabeth Hospice.

Secondly, they sent me, and presumably all those who lost loved ones in 2023, a video taken of the screen above the players entrance showing the above film with the crowd applause etc before the game. Dusty, this room.

They didn’t have to do that. We have a proper community football club here, going places with some great people working in it. Well done them!

Once a blue always a blue.
[Post edited 17 Jan 15:02]
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 17:12 - Jan 17 with 2818 viewslongtimefan

Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 15:01 - Jan 17 by Churchman

Two nice things the club did. I couldn’t attend the game but the club have sent me a couple of programmes. They don’t want money for them so the I’ll be of course adding the £10 to the donations instead of flowers etc we’ve got going for St Elizabeth Hospice.

Secondly, they sent me, and presumably all those who lost loved ones in 2023, a video taken of the screen above the players entrance showing the above film with the crowd applause etc before the game. Dusty, this room.

They didn’t have to do that. We have a proper community football club here, going places with some great people working in it. Well done them!

Once a blue always a blue.
[Post edited 17 Jan 15:02]

Seconded!
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 20:36 - Jan 18 with 2424 viewsgtsb1966

My friend is on there. Only just seen it. RIP Tom Carter
Excellent and moving post from ITFC remembering lost blues on 13:49 - Jan 20 with 1901 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Brings a lump to the throat. I wish I could have put Dad on there when he died. He would have liked that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024