Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 14:05 - Jan 15 with 3544 viewsbluesbrothers

We seem to now be living in a world where Phil confirms news by not denying it, so shall we assume Gallagher get's done?

Assuming yes, surely that's our Ladapo replacement and there's still a Hirst replacement (whilst he's injured) to come?

Although just seen Alan Nixon says he'd guess it doesn't happen
Strikers on 14:06 - Jan 15 with 3516 viewsKeno

Phil hasn't denied the Ronaldo link yet

just saying

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Strikers on 14:21 - Jan 15 with 3340 viewsDarkBrandon

What did Nixon say? What was his reasoning?
[Post edited 15 Jan 14:22]
Strikers on 14:23 - Jan 15 with 3300 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think we can only assume the reported interest is accurate?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Strikers on 14:26 - Jan 15 with 3248 viewsbluesbrothers

Strikers on 14:21 - Jan 15 by DarkBrandon

Strikers on 14:26 - Jan 15 with 3246 viewsportmanking

Strikers on 14:21 - Jan 15 by DarkBrandon

He believes wages will be the stumbling block. Although I know some believe that's not the case at all...
Strikers on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 3203 viewsIllinoisblue

Strikers on 14:26 - Jan 15 by portmanking

He believes wages will be the stumbling block. Although I know some believe that's not the case at all...

Surely Blackburn don’t pay significantly more wages than us?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Strikers on 14:29 - Jan 15 with 3183 viewsportmanking

Strikers on 14:27 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

Surely Blackburn don’t pay significantly more wages than us?

He was signed when they were paying big wages IIRC. Contract rumoured to be north of £25k pw!

Hence why Rovers' 12-month option is essentially meaningless, as they won't exercise it on these wages for 2024/25.
[Post edited 15 Jan 14:29]
Strikers on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 3047 viewsIllinoisblue

Strikers on 14:29 - Jan 15 by portmanking

He was signed when they were paying big wages IIRC. Contract rumoured to be north of £25k pw!

Hence why Rovers' 12-month option is essentially meaningless, as they won't exercise it on these wages for 2024/25.

Damn. That’s a lot of money. No wonder Blackburn are said to be in financial trouble.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 14:41 - Jan 15 with 2948 viewsLankHenners

Not saying this with any def into at all but seeing as we're apparently willing to take on someone who's not been playing through injury, I wonder if we'll look at Obafemi at Burnley. Not played because of a bad hamstring injury picked up last July so would be a bit rusty but surely available on loan now they've signed Fofana for the rest of the season and already have Foster, Amdouni and Rodriguez.

In the small pool of strikers we want who are a) available and b) know the division then think he'd be a decent pick up. Obviously comes with the risk of needing to get back up to speed but the same is true of Gallagher.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Strikers on 14:55 - Jan 15 with 2758 viewsbluesbrothers

Strikers on 14:41 - Jan 15 by LankHenners

Not saying this with any def into at all but seeing as we're apparently willing to take on someone who's not been playing through injury, I wonder if we'll look at Obafemi at Burnley. Not played because of a bad hamstring injury picked up last July so would be a bit rusty but surely available on loan now they've signed Fofana for the rest of the season and already have Foster, Amdouni and Rodriguez.

In the small pool of strikers we want who are a) available and b) know the division then think he'd be a decent pick up. Obviously comes with the risk of needing to get back up to speed but the same is true of Gallagher.

From bits an pieces I've heard I'd be guessing that we'll end up with Gallagher plus one other, probably from abroad (not the Hertha bloke). I think and hope Gallagher will be the less exciting of the two, but couple of mil is a lot to pay for someone with only a few months left on contract which makes me worried he'll actually be the main man.
Strikers on 14:56 - Jan 15 with 2738 viewspennblue

Reading between the lines we would buy that smodic fella

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Strikers on 15:06 - Jan 15 with 2612 viewsportmanking

Strikers on 14:55 - Jan 15 by bluesbrothers

From bits an pieces I've heard I'd be guessing that we'll end up with Gallagher plus one other, probably from abroad (not the Hertha bloke). I think and hope Gallagher will be the less exciting of the two, but couple of mil is a lot to pay for someone with only a few months left on contract which makes me worried he'll actually be the main man.

I don't believe the fee will ever reach that amount - unless we get promoted. In which case, who gives a sh*t? :D
Strikers on 15:08 - Jan 15 with 2558 viewsLankHenners

Strikers on 14:55 - Jan 15 by bluesbrothers

Wonder if we've been a little caught out by quite how inactive the market has been in terms of strikers. We'll obviously have been putting feelers out all over the place since the summer but hard not to get the impression we're rattling through the 'list' more quickly than we'd want.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Strikers on 15:26 - Jan 15 with 2407 viewstractorboy1978

I think it gets done for this reason. Even though we are desperate for a striker, I'd argue we are still in a strong position. £1m-£1.5m is a decent chunk of change for a player that has 6 months left with an option they won't be taking up. Seems like both sides are trying to play a bit of hard ball at the moment but logically will meet somewhere as it's a deal both parties want/need done.
[Post edited 15 Jan 15:26]
Strikers on 15:36 - Jan 15 with 2238 views_clive_baker_

Strikers on 15:26 - Jan 15 by tractorboy1978

I think it gets done for this reason. Even though we are desperate for a striker, I'd argue we are still in a strong position. £1m-£1.5m is a decent chunk of change for a player that has 6 months left with an option they won't be taking up. Seems like both sides are trying to play a bit of hard ball at the moment but logically will meet somewhere as it's a deal both parties want/need done.
[Post edited 15 Jan 15:26]

Blackburn will have bargaining power if there's multiple clubs interested and they can try to force some sort of bidding war. As you say they want him gone, he either leaves now for a fee or he leaves in the summer for nothing. Personally I would take the £1m - 1.5m today, take the £500k of savings in wages over the next 6 months and reinvest it. Especially given their league position, they're not going up this season and they're unlikely to go down. They've not had him available for the past 4 months anyway.
Strikers on 15:37 - Jan 15 with 2222 views_clive_baker_

Strikers on 14:36 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

Damn. That’s a lot of money. No wonder Blackburn are said to be in financial trouble.

Especially when they get about 9 people at their home games.
Strikers on 15:52 - Jan 15 with 2035 viewsIllinoisblue

Strikers on 15:37 - Jan 15 by _clive_baker_

Especially when they get about 9 people at their home games.

Indeed. They seem like their true home should be League 1.

62 - 78 - 81

Strikers on 15:59 - Jan 15 with 1950 viewscressi

I mentioned wages yesterday in a post and was put down for it had heard he was on 30 grand a week which is a issue.
A striker like Ryan Hardie only on about 5 to 6 grand so if we was interested a easier deal to strike.
Strikers on 15:59 - Jan 15 with 1935 viewsKieran_Knows

Strikers on 15:59 - Jan 15 by cressi

I mentioned wages yesterday in a post and was put down for it had heard he was on 30 grand a week which is a issue.
A striker like Ryan Hardie only on about 5 to 6 grand so if we was interested a easier deal to strike.

Wages aren't the issue with Gallagher.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Strikers on 16:37 - Jan 15 with 1668 viewsEuropablue

Very good point on the 12 month option. I'm struggling to see the valuation at 1.5 million for a 6 month contract. However, no-one is going to give him a three year contract on £25k per week. So he has to decide whether he wants the opportunity to give up 6 months on that pay for a chance to play in the Prem. Maybe we could even give him a reasonable signing on bonus or preferably a promotion bonus.
Strikers on 16:54 - Jan 15 with 1543 viewsSitfcB

Strikers on 15:59 - Jan 15 by Kieran_Knows

Assume it’s the length of his contract?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Strikers on 16:56 - Jan 15 with 1532 viewsIllinoisblue

Strikers on 15:59 - Jan 15 by Kieran_Knows

Is it a fitness issue? Happy to be living in North issue? Wanting a big payoff to move issue? Transfer fee issue?

62 - 78 - 81

Strikers on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 1456 viewsportmanking

Strikers on 16:37 - Jan 15 by Europablue

Very good point on the 12 month option. I'm struggling to see the valuation at 1.5 million for a 6 month contract. However, no-one is going to give him a three year contract on £25k per week. So he has to decide whether he wants the opportunity to give up 6 months on that pay for a chance to play in the Prem. Maybe we could even give him a reasonable signing on bonus or preferably a promotion bonus.

Yep. I think it's the transfer fee that's the stumbling block.

At least for Rovers, anyhow. They're probably going to want to save some face and make it look like they're not embarking on a fire sale of their senior players. Providing we can make it financially attractive for Rovers, I don't see why this can't get done. But it might be the back end of the window, especially if Blackburn want to make it look like they've negotiated hard to their own fans.
Strikers on 17:21 - Jan 15 with 1172 viewstextbackup

Strikers on 16:54 - Jan 15 by SitfcB

Assume it’s the length of his contract?

Nope, length of hair the issue.

Burns’ contract stats he has to have the longest hair in squad, matey won’t cut his off. Tricky one

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024