Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity 23:31 - Jan 22 with 5156 viewsunstableblue

Well done all

How was it after Sarmiento scored?? Looked wild on Sky

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 19:00 - Jan 23 with 1002 viewslongtimefan

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 18:38 - Jan 23 by Re_User

I was stood on the stairs (as many were, the seating arrangements were a joke last night) when the goal went in and I’ve never heard a noise like it, I shouted myself hoarse and I cleared at least 4 steps in half a second.

Genuinely never known an Ipswich goal to get a reaction like that, it was utter pandemonium. Better than Broadhead v Barnsley away last season and even better than Kuqi v Palace away in 03/04

“ Genuinely never known an Ipswich goal to get a reaction like that”

It was fantastic last night but I’m not sure it beats Chappers at Derby last year and certainly not Chaplow at Watford many moons ago.
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 20:53 - Jan 23 with 888 viewsFunge

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 18:55 - Jan 23 by unbelievablue

I was glad the stewards didn't really enforce anything. And a thanks to the old boy who let us nudge in at the top of M2.

I was directly opposite the Towun corner (in with the home fans), and Sarmiento's goal was some kind of exquisite torture for me - like a tantric goal celebration. Had to make do with furiously tapping my foot and looking at the roof whilst a load of very cross fans filed out around me.

Foxes fans incredibly harsh on their team, and very very quiet - goal and perhaps 2 other occasions aside, they didn't make too much noise. We were in excellent voice.

Very good point last night, obviously.
[Post edited 23 Jan 20:53]
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 869 viewsRe_User

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 19:00 - Jan 23 by longtimefan

It was fantastic last night but I’m not sure it beats Chappers at Derby last year and certainly not Chaplow at Watford many moons ago.

I missed out on Derby last year due to having to go to an awful birthday party for one of my in-laws, I’ve clearly blocked it out of my mind.

Fair point about Chaplow, but does last night get a leg up as it was an equaliser rather than a winner? I can’t even imagine what would have happened if we’d scored a second straight afterwards,
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 21:52 - Jan 23 with 814 viewsdurhamj

Was tense, it just seemed destiny that the lino would wave it offside. Couldn't believe it, we'd got nowt from him all night.

Doesn't beat Hirsty at Barnsley for me though.
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 10:05 - Jan 25 with 569 viewsSamWhiteUK

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 21:52 - Jan 23 by durhamj

Was tense, it just seemed destiny that the lino would wave it offside. Couldn't believe it, we'd got nowt from him all night.

Doesn't beat Hirsty at Barnsley for me though.

Questions would have had to be asked of him had he flagged for offside
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 12:09 - Jan 25 with 499 viewslazyblue

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 07:49 - Jan 23 by textbackup

The first half all I heard from us was
‘Football in a library’
‘Top of the league and you still don’t sing’

Full cringe…

We sounded decent from 60 odd mins tho, a really clear ‘EEJB’ could be heard

Never understand the point of singing those songs to encourage them get vocal, ridiculous.
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 12:15 - Jan 25 with 484 viewsjayessess

Excellent support throughout, makes a huge difference when everyone comes to the game accepting that it's going to be a really tough one, rather than thinking we should be rolling over the opposition.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 12:17 - Jan 25 with 482 viewsbaxterbasics

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 19:00 - Jan 23 by longtimefan

I only get to the odd game or two per season. But the biggest goal celebration I have known is probably when Ando scored the equaliser in the PO semi Vs Nodge. That was nuts.

Also worth a mention is the 3-2 comeback Vs Sheffield U in Royles early days.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 12:28 - Jan 25 with 463 viewsyorkshireblue

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 12:17 - Jan 25 by baxterbasics

I only get to the odd game or two per season. But the biggest goal celebration I have known is probably when Ando scored the equaliser in the PO semi Vs Nodge. That was nuts.

Also worth a mention is the 3-2 comeback Vs Sheffield U in Royles early days.

I wasn't at the Chaplin game, but for me as already mentioned Hirst's goal at Barnsley stands out above all others - but that could be recency bias. As well as Danny Haynes at Carrow Road.

But it always surprises me that Kuqi's equalizer at Upton Park in the 2005 play-offs doesn't get more mentions whenever this topic is discussed. 2-0 after less than 15 mins to peg it back. Think I ended up about six rows in front. The less said about the return leg the better.
Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 13:32 - Jan 25 with 410 viewsbaxterbasics

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 12:28 - Jan 25 by yorkshireblue

I wasn't at the Chaplin game, but for me as already mentioned Hirst's goal at Barnsley stands out above all others - but that could be recency bias. As well as Danny Haynes at Carrow Road.

But it always surprises me that Kuqi's equalizer at Upton Park in the 2005 play-offs doesn't get more mentions whenever this topic is discussed. 2-0 after less than 15 mins to peg it back. Think I ended up about six rows in front. The less said about the return leg the better.

I saw that game V West Ham at a pub, it was mental enough in there so can only imagine what it was like in the crowd.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 13:54 - Jan 25 with 397 viewsBluespeed225

Away fans sounded brilliant throughout despite the adversity on 16:32 - Jan 23 by Meadowlark

And that dreadful "hark now hear....."

It is indeed the worst song sung.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024