Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) 11:45 - Jan 25 with 1038 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 25 with 1007 viewsParky

Saw this table the other day, just shows how odd this January window has been so far:

January 2023 spend in the Prem @ £780M
January 2024 spend in the Prem @ £34.6M

Evidences there’s not a lot of movement and clubs are scared of FFP. I expect there will be some movement in the final stages, but I was actually shocked at those figures.

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 25 with 972 viewsRobTheMonk

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 25 by Parky

Saw this table the other day, just shows how odd this January window has been so far:

Evidences there’s not a lot of movement and clubs are scared of FFP. I expect there will be some movement in the final stages, but I was actually shocked at those figures.

Hilariously, a huge chunk of last year was Chelsea going mental.
Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 25 with 972 viewstextbackup

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 25 by Parky

SSN must be beside themselves not being able to orgasm over the money being spent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 940 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:00 - Jan 25 with 913 viewsbaxterbasics

I've not invested the time and effort into learning the detail of FFP rules.

What's the general consensus? Are they fair and helpful overall? Do they disproportionately hold back the bigger clubs or those of us further down? I need to figure out if these regs are a good thing or not!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:08 - Jan 25 with 877 viewsSitfcB

6 now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:10 - Jan 25 with 862 viewshype313

Wouldn't be surprised given what happened to Everton an still continuing, along with Forest, clubs are thinking twice.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:26 - Jan 25 with 797 viewsElderGrizzly

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 25 by SitfcB

Lack of movement will also have an impact as that filters down the leagues too.

It's not just us apparently struggling to bring in who we want.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 25 with 754 viewsSmithersJones

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:10 - Jan 25 by hype313

Wouldn't be surprised given what happened to Everton an still continuing, along with Forest, clubs are thinking twice.

Yes, the Athletic had a piece that suggested it worked on two levels.
1: Clubs have seen what's happening to Forest and Everton so are cautious about breaking FFP rules
2: Clubs who might otherwise be worried about relegation (Palace, Brentford, Fulham etc) aren't worried this time so aren't going for panic buys.
Another shocking piece in the same article said that, of all the strikers bought in the January window by clubs in the big 5 leagues since 2012, 40% of them didn't score a goal for the remainder of the season.
Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:41 - Jan 25 with 712 viewshype313

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:36 - Jan 25 by SmithersJones

Yes, the Athletic had a piece that suggested it worked on two levels.
1: Clubs have seen what's happening to Forest and Everton so are cautious about breaking FFP rules
2: Clubs who might otherwise be worried about relegation (Palace, Brentford, Fulham etc) aren't worried this time so aren't going for panic buys.
Another shocking piece in the same article said that, of all the strikers bought in the January window by clubs in the big 5 leagues since 2012, 40% of them didn't score a goal for the remainder of the season.

Yep, the jeopardy isn't there for a lot of clubs as I imagine most would think Sheff Utd and Luton will drop (and neither will panic buy) so the probability of getting relegated diminishes somewhat.

Also, clubs that are hovering will be mindful of dropping and having expensive January purchases on the books.

Doesn't help us I know.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 25 with 687 viewsElderGrizzly

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:00 - Jan 25 by baxterbasics

What's the general consensus? Are they fair and helpful overall? Do they disproportionately hold back the bigger clubs or those of us further down? I need to figure out if these regs are a good thing or not!

They're designed to keep the big clubs big and make it much harder for anyone to 'invade' their Champions League spots.
Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 25 with 507 viewsbaxterbasics

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 25 by ElderGrizzly

They're designed to keep the big clubs big and make it much harder for anyone to 'invade' their Champions League spots.

Unsurprising. Though seems to have bitten one or two of them on the arse lately?

zip

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 13:46 - Jan 25 with 482 viewsOldFart71

More than likely because clubs don't want to let players go and the clubs chasing players don't want to spend over the odds.
Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 476 viewsITFC_Forever

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 25 by ElderGrizzly

And at our level, to keep the same parachute clubs yo-yoing and stopping anyone else investing in their team to compete.

Closed shops everywhere as the clubs vote for what's best for them, not what's best for the game.
Exactly why the game needs an independent regulator.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 13:48 - Jan 25 with 474 viewsSmithersJones

Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 12:00 - Jan 25 by baxterbasics

At a very high level they're intended to stop clubs spending (much) more than they earn. Which sounds like a good thing and if your club has ever been in administration (and over a third of the current 92 have) it's well intentioned. But what FFP doesn't do is distinguish between overspends that the owners can easily afford to pay off and those where the club is taking on unsustainable debt. So there's no chance of Newcastle going bust with their owners, but that butters no parsnips as far as FFP is concerned.
Is this correct? only 5 perm transfers within the prem so far this window (n/t) on 13:48 - Jan 25 with 466 viewsbaxterbasics

Whatever it is keeping transfer activity limited, it's ok with me - less turnover or 'churn' is good for the game in my opinion - despite the apparent frustration at ITFC with signing a striker.

zip

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024