Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
28-2 attempts 14:09 - Jan 27 with 2087 viewsgainsboroughblue

This game is ridiculous.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

28-2 attempts on 14:11 - Jan 27 with 1650 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m used to us being wasteful, but this is another level. Bonkers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

28-2 attempts on 14:11 - Jan 27 with 1643 viewsPowrigan

The fact that we have only made 1 of 28 chances count, shows how much we need to invest in a decent striker.
28-2 attempts on 14:14 - Jan 27 with 1611 viewsbadadski

28-2 attempts on 14:11 - Jan 27 by Powrigan

The fact that we have only made 1 of 28 chances count, shows how much we need to invest in a decent striker.

It’s not just the strikers who have been wasteful though, panicking in front of goal and dragging shots wide, headers not on target, it’s been appalling showing really. Wow that was exciting - but again Chaplin clear header opportunity and he’s closed his eyes.
28-2 attempts on 14:15 - Jan 27 with 1576 viewsHerbivore

It's comical how wasteful we've been. This should be about 6-2.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

28-2 attempts on 14:16 - Jan 27 with 1539 viewsPowrigan

28-2 attempts on 14:14 - Jan 27 by badadski

It’s not just the strikers who have been wasteful though, panicking in front of goal and dragging shots wide, headers not on target, it’s been appalling showing really. Wow that was exciting - but again Chaplin clear header opportunity and he’s closed his eyes.

Basically shows our whole second string is a joke?
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:16]
28-2 attempts on 14:17 - Jan 27 with 1523 viewsRyorry

Worst thing is Budgies no doubt laughing their socks off.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

28-2 attempts on 14:20 - Jan 27 with 1487 viewsITFCSG

Well apparently in the light of such a shameful and humiliating performance some on here still think the management and certain players should be immune to any form of criticism. I choose to call a spade a spade
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:25]
28-2 attempts on 14:20 - Jan 27 with 1480 viewsgainsboroughblue

28-2 attempts on 14:17 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

Along with the rest of the country I'd imagine.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

28-2 attempts on 14:23 - Jan 27 with 1406 viewsSwansea_Blue

28-2 attempts on 14:16 - Jan 27 by Powrigan

Basically shows our whole second string is a joke?
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:16]

This is our first string, except for Woolfy and Mass. Bloody terrible, they’re not even getting the basics right. It reminds me of how we struggled to break teams down in L1 last year.

And Hladky!
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:24]

28-2 attempts on 14:23 - Jan 27 with 1394 viewsHerbivore

I'd love to see our xG today. Our finishing has been truly abysmal.

28-2 attempts on 14:24 - Jan 27 with 1383 viewsRyorry

28-2 attempts on 14:20 - Jan 27 by gainsboroughblue

Along with the rest of the country I'd imagine.

Silver lining I’d be happy to take is reduced attempts to lure KM away.

28-2 attempts on 14:25 - Jan 27 with 1343 viewsNthsuffolkblue

28-2 attempts on 14:17 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

Going to overshadow their giant-killing of Liverpool though!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

28-2 attempts on 14:25 - Jan 27 with 1342 viewsSwansea_Blue

28-2 attempts on 14:23 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

I'd love to see our xG today. Our finishing has been truly abysmal.

Terrible. And it’s got nothing to do with our striker (or lack of). It’s everyone around Broady who’s lacked any quality. I think Broad’s only managed to have a couple of those attempts (not that we don’t need a striker - we desperately do).

28-2 attempts on 14:27 - Jan 27 with 1303 viewsHerbivore

28-2 attempts on 14:25 - Jan 27 by Swansea_Blue

Terrible. And it’s got nothing to do with our striker (or lack of). It’s everyone around Broady who’s lacked any quality. I think Broad’s only managed to have a couple of those attempts (not that we don’t need a striker - we desperately do).

It's been farcical really. Almost hard to believe just how wasteful we've been.

28-2 attempts on 14:32 - Jan 27 with 1223 viewsGeomorph

28-2 attempts on 14:24 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

Silver lining I’d be happy to take is reduced attempts to lure KM away.

F@cling shambles that
28-2 attempts on 14:33 - Jan 27 with 1213 viewsRadlett_blue

28-2 attempts on 14:23 - Jan 27 by Swansea_Blue

This is our first string, except for Woolfy and Mass. Bloody terrible, they’re not even getting the basics right. It reminds me of how we struggled to break teams down in L1 last year.

And Hladky!
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:24]

Indeed, we dominated the first 20 minutes & but for bad luck & poor finishing we would have been a couple of goals to the good & the game done & dusted. However, Maidstone then got a foothold in the game & we became more ponderous & resorted to wasteful, long range shooting. The lack of a striker is a glaring issue & without one (or two) we will struggle to score goals. I'll be interested in the reaction in the next game at Preston as while it would have been nice to be in the 5th round, we weren't going to win the Cup & a replay plus another Cup game or two probably wouldn't have been a good thing in the context of the season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

28-2 attempts on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 1183 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

38 - 2 it ended
28-2 attempts on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 1150 viewsRyorry

28-2 attempts on 14:33 - Jan 27 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, we dominated the first 20 minutes & but for bad luck & poor finishing we would have been a couple of goals to the good & the game done & dusted. However, Maidstone then got a foothold in the game & we became more ponderous & resorted to wasteful, long range shooting. The lack of a striker is a glaring issue & without one (or two) we will struggle to score goals. I'll be interested in the reaction in the next game at Preston as while it would have been nice to be in the 5th round, we weren't going to win the Cup & a replay plus another Cup game or two probably wouldn't have been a good thing in the context of the season.

Don’t understand why we didn’t bring Kayden on,

28-2 attempts on 14:38 - Jan 27 with 1126 viewsNthsuffolkblue

28-2 attempts on 14:37 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

Don’t understand why we didn’t bring Kayden on,

You do realise he wasn't on the bench don't you?

28-2 attempts on 14:44 - Jan 27 with 1090 viewsRyorry

28-2 attempts on 14:38 - Jan 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

You do realise he wasn't on the bench don't you?

Haha, actually no I didn’t, as I came in late from a Shingles jab that was pre-arranged before the k/o time was announced for Tv.

Wonder why he wasn’t on the bench though - injured?

28-2 attempts on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1077 viewsRadioOrwell

28-2 attempts on 14:34 - Jan 27 by BrentwoodBlagger2

38 - 2 it ended

I'm sure the 39th was going to go in.
28-2 attempts on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 1018 viewsKievthegreat

If you calm down and look back, it's a really freak occurrence, but they happen.

So many hit the woodwork. Even when it hits the woodwork, it's just not bouncing out kindly. Then look at their goals. There is some huge tactical naivety (or arrogance?) in giving those chances, but they've been perfectly taken. Replay that game 99 times and we probably win 99 times. But today we've seen everything go wrong for us and right for Maidstone.

We're we complacent? Yes, but on any other day we still have enough. Gutting, embarrassing and frustrating, but actually has little impact on the rest of our season. The people it's had the most impact on are the fringe players who will get less game time. Tuanzebe was poor, Ball was competent but completely underwhelming. Broadhead has highlighted that when we get a proper striker in, he's going to drop down the pecking order and Aluko has probably played his last game for Town.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:58]
28-2 attempts on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 949 viewsChrisd

Shows you can have all the possession and stats in your favour, but if you can’t put the ball in the net, it counts for nothing. Credit to Maidstone, two great finishes, but I’m really embarrassed by that result.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

28-2 attempts on 15:05 - Jan 27 with 913 viewsRyorry

28-2 attempts on 14:57 - Jan 27 by Kievthegreat

If you calm down and look back, it's a really freak occurrence, but they happen.

So many hit the woodwork. Even when it hits the woodwork, it's just not bouncing out kindly. Then look at their goals. There is some huge tactical naivety (or arrogance?) in giving those chances, but they've been perfectly taken. Replay that game 99 times and we probably win 99 times. But today we've seen everything go wrong for us and right for Maidstone.

We're we complacent? Yes, but on any other day we still have enough. Gutting, embarrassing and frustrating, but actually has little impact on the rest of our season. The people it's had the most impact on are the fringe players who will get less game time. Tuanzebe was poor, Ball was competent but completely underwhelming. Broadhead has highlighted that when we get a proper striker in, he's going to drop down the pecking order and Aluko has probably played his last game for Town.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:58]

I’ve revered Aluko for his composure in the past; couldn’t have been a worse time for him to lose it with that scuffed shot - think I was as disappointed as he was.

28-2 attempts on 15:16 - Jan 27 with 866 viewsNthsuffolkblue

28-2 attempts on 14:44 - Jan 27 by Ryorry

Haha, actually no I didn’t, as I came in late from a Shingles jab that was pre-arranged before the k/o time was announced for Tv.

Wonder why he wasn’t on the bench though - injured?

Hopefully more didn't want to risk him. Did have more defenders and fewer attacking players on it than usual though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024