Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who honestly think we will sign another striker 17:35 - Jan 31 with 10906 viewsmelonhead

In this window?
I’m not sure it will happen and might have to settle for playoffs again my fingers are 🤞.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:20 - Jan 31 with 1975 viewshomer_123

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:18 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

Probably because the last few windows haven't ended on a positive when it comes to strikers.

Are we second or second from bottom?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:22 - Jan 31 with 1969 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:18 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

Probably because the last few windows haven't ended on a positive when it comes to strikers.

and yet the results still were positive. Let's trust the process come what may.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:23 - Jan 31 with 1958 viewsjayessess

I think we're in hope rather than expectation territory now.

It is what it is, certainly not ideal but what choice do we have but to keep fighting with what we've got.
[Post edited 31 Jan 19:24]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:24 - Jan 31 with 1939 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:22 - Jan 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

and yet the results still were positive. Let's trust the process come what may.

In spite of tho isn't it.

We didn't get promoted because we signed the likes of ahadme and aren't 2nd because we signed scarlett ( altho technically you could say he had a hand in 1 game worth some points so maybe you can)

But we've not been that blessed as town fans when it comes to deadline day.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:27 - Jan 31 with 1912 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:24 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

We didn't get promoted because we signed the likes of ahadme and aren't 2nd because we signed scarlett ( altho technically you could say he had a hand in 1 game worth some points so maybe you can)

No, we got promoted by signing Luongo, Broadhead and Clarke.

We have signed Samriento, Al Hamadi and Travis from a similar position.

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:29 - Jan 31 with 1891 viewshomer_123

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:05 - Jan 31 by ITFCSG

It seems MA loves talking big but this is the 2nd window which he has failed if we don't bring anyone else in.

Can't blame McK, I bet he's just as frustrated.

Failed? Really? I guess it depends how you look at it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 1879 viewsMetal_Hacker

Theres a twist on its way

Can feel in my waters

Poll: If it were one or the other

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:34 - Jan 31 with 1841 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:20 - Jan 31 by homer_123

Are we second or second from bottom?

Doesn't matter in regards to this subject imo.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:35 - Jan 31 with 1843 viewsyorkshireblue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:05 - Jan 31 by ITFCSG

It seems MA loves talking big but this is the 2nd window which he has failed if we don't bring anyone else in.

Can't blame McK, I bet he's just as frustrated.

Which window has previously failed in out of interest?

The summer window where we got the players in to build a newly promoted side to be second in the Championship at the half way stage? Or last January where we got the players in that saw us promoted?

Just so I know what your measure of success is.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:35 - Jan 31 with 1827 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:27 - Jan 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, we got promoted by signing Luongo, Broadhead and Clarke.

We have signed Samriento, Al Hamadi and Travis from a similar position.

We aren't talking about general signings. This is about that striker signing and going into deadline day. Think my wording may have confused things. I wasn't saying the windows themselves weren't positive. I meant the ending of the windows haven't ended positive. I.e getting 'that' player.

But that's my memory. We may have had a deadline signing who ended up being a massive positive but I can't think of one over the last few windows.
[Post edited 31 Jan 19:38]

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:37 - Jan 31 with 1818 viewsjayessess

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:24 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

Gotta take the process as a whole, don't you?

The criteria, the process by which we identify players, pursue them, negotiate the fees, that's how we've built a squad that wildly out-performs our budget.

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:38 - Jan 31 with 1811 viewsronessex91

i can 100% confirm that McK, MA, and GP have been in extensive talks with multiple strikers to bring in more than just ALI but potential selling clubs have been asking for extortionate deals and obligation which they simply will not agree to as they have a very clear structure to follow, two strikers, both from established premier league clubs have demanded obscene mandatory fees come end of season which simply will not be met. MA has 100% been working his backside off trying to support McK in what he needs whilst making sure the club do not good there trousers pulled down
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:42 - Jan 31 with 1751 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:35 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

We aren't talking about general signings. This is about that striker signing and going into deadline day. Think my wording may have confused things. I wasn't saying the windows themselves weren't positive. I meant the ending of the windows haven't ended positive. I.e getting 'that' player.

But that's my memory. We may have had a deadline signing who ended up being a massive positive but I can't think of one over the last few windows.
[Post edited 31 Jan 19:38]

Is promotion the target or a big name striker?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:43 - Jan 31 with 1723 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:37 - Jan 31 by jayessess

Gotta take the process as a whole, don't you?

The criteria, the process by which we identify players, pursue them, negotiate the fees, that's how we've built a squad that wildly out-performs our budget.

I get what you're saying.

But the reason for my response about deadline day was because they said trust the club etc.

But nothings really happened on deadline day in the last few windows to make me think oooo exciting.

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:44 - Jan 31 with 1714 viewsMetal_Hacker

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:38 - Jan 31 by ronessex91

i can 100% confirm that McK, MA, and GP have been in extensive talks with multiple strikers to bring in more than just ALI but potential selling clubs have been asking for extortionate deals and obligation which they simply will not agree to as they have a very clear structure to follow, two strikers, both from established premier league clubs have demanded obscene mandatory fees come end of season which simply will not be met. MA has 100% been working his backside off trying to support McK in what he needs whilst making sure the club do not good there trousers pulled down

Thanks Skipper

Poll: If it were one or the other

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 1703 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:43 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

But the reason for my response about deadline day was because they said trust the club etc.

But nothings really happened on deadline day in the last few windows to make me think oooo exciting.

I would rather be excited on the final day of the season than deadline day!

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:47 - Jan 31 with 1679 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:42 - Jan 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is promotion the target or a big name striker?

Doesn't need to be a big name striker.

But we certainly need another one otherwise we are left in the same situation where an injury could leave us with just 1 striker.

For promotion to be the target. You just can't go into the business end of the season with just 1 striker who no doubt will become great but has joined from league 2. ( I highly rate him btw. But he needs time) and Jackson.

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:50 - Jan 31 with 1632 viewsjayessess

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:43 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

I trust the club to get their business right over the longer term. I don't have much hope that we'll pull something out of the bag tomorrow but I'm also fairly sanguine that football doesn't turn on these things quite as much as fans tend to think.

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:55 - Jan 31 with 1577 viewsGavTWTD

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:02 - Jan 31 by BloomBlue

Scarlett will return.

I agree. I think Spurs wanted him back for January and he'll come back to us for the rest of the season. Not really ideal, but he's a better option than converting a 10. However we might only need Al Hamedi if he hits the ground running. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:37 - Jan 31 with 1412 viewsbilllm

Nope, they have just screwed our autos,
Can't expect a 21 yr old newbie to lead our line,
Not fair on jacko he's more a wide player,
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:45 - Jan 31 with 1361 viewsParky

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:55 - Jan 31 by GavTWTD

I agree. I think Spurs wanted him back for January and he'll come back to us for the rest of the season. Not really ideal, but he's a better option than converting a 10. However we might only need Al Hamedi if he hits the ground running. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

I’d rather we just stuck with Buabo and what we already have, than sign Scarlett.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:52 - Jan 31 with 1322 viewscressi

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:37 - Jan 31 by billlm

Nope, they have just screwed our autos,
Can't expect a 21 yr old newbie to lead our line,
Not fair on jacko he's more a wide player,

Unless young Ali hits the ground running if a striker was not to,come in we have big problems.
Jackson not good enough Scarlet are we desperate poor up to Xmas. We have Clarke playing but having to be managed let Leigh go now playing young Cameron there and Williams not coming back we need players in tomorrow or we will fall away can't look at this with Rose coloured glasses. I'm sure McKenna will be unhappy if at 11pm nothing has happened here's hoping.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:57 - Jan 31 with 1286 viewsJ2BLUE

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:45 - Jan 31 by Parky

I’d rather we just stuck with Buabo and what we already have, than sign Scarlett.

We're second...how do some people not get this? We need every advantage we can get and although Scarlett would not be ideal he's a far better option right now than Buabo. Nothing against Buabo but he's clearly not ready for a Championship promotion battle. Scarlett isn't either, I agree, but he's more ready than Buabo and has some decent experience.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:59 - Jan 31 with 1270 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:52 - Jan 31 by cressi

Unless young Ali hits the ground running if a striker was not to,come in we have big problems.
Jackson not good enough Scarlet are we desperate poor up to Xmas. We have Clarke playing but having to be managed let Leigh go now playing young Cameron there and Williams not coming back we need players in tomorrow or we will fall away can't look at this with Rose coloured glasses. I'm sure McKenna will be unhappy if at 11pm nothing has happened here's hoping.

This is the thing. People keep talking about Ashton doing the right thing for the club etc.

Yes it's great. But if we don't sign who KM wants he will go to someone who will. Will people be quick to be so positive about ashton then?

I'm not saying go waste money no.
But we've got players we can sell in the summer if needed to cover any outlay we do this window. If gallagher for example is another 500k. 1 mill. Do it.

We've wasted more signing the likes of piggott. Fraser. Harper. Camara. Aluko being extended this season. Etc etc.

End of day KM needs the tools to do his job. If he doesn't get them he will go somewhere who can.
[Post edited 31 Jan 21:06]

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:01 - Jan 31 with 1248 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:57 - Jan 31 by J2BLUE

We're second...how do some people not get this? We need every advantage we can get and although Scarlett would not be ideal he's a far better option right now than Buabo. Nothing against Buabo but he's clearly not ready for a Championship promotion battle. Scarlett isn't either, I agree, but he's more ready than Buabo and has some decent experience.

"
We're second...how do some people not get this? We need every advantage we can get"

Can you let Ashton know. Lol

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024