Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who honestly think we will sign another striker 17:35 - Jan 31 with 10760 viewsmelonhead

In this window?
I’m not sure it will happen and might have to settle for playoffs again my fingers are 🤞.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:03 - Jan 31 with 1939 viewsJ2BLUE

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:01 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

"
We're second...how do some people not get this? We need every advantage we can get"

Can you let Ashton know. Lol

We have not failed to bring someone in yet. I'm sure Ashton has put plenty of effort in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:05 - Jan 31 with 1922 viewsNthQldITFC

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:45 - Jan 31 by Parky

I’d rather we just stuck with Buabo and what we already have, than sign Scarlett.

Scarlett didn't ever get much of a chance though did he? One of his last games here, can't remember who, he was really getting stuck in and playing with a bit of aggression.

Top managers (including McKenna) have seen and probably still see a big future for him. Maybe he's carried that 'burden' a bit and maybe weight of expectation has got to him. He was always underdog to Hirst while he was here (I think he sees himself as a 9 not a 10?) - I'm not saying he's ideal for our 9 role, but if he's sharing top dog role with Al Hamadi for the rest of the season, he might just find a bit more 'confidence' or aggression in his play.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:24 - Jan 31 with 1830 viewsjayessess

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:05 - Jan 31 by NthQldITFC

Scarlett didn't ever get much of a chance though did he? One of his last games here, can't remember who, he was really getting stuck in and playing with a bit of aggression.

Top managers (including McKenna) have seen and probably still see a big future for him. Maybe he's carried that 'burden' a bit and maybe weight of expectation has got to him. He was always underdog to Hirst while he was here (I think he sees himself as a 9 not a 10?) - I'm not saying he's ideal for our 9 role, but if he's sharing top dog role with Al Hamadi for the rest of the season, he might just find a bit more 'confidence' or aggression in his play.

Very sceptical that there would be much enthusiasm from any of the parties - us, Spurs or Scarlett to revisit it. Just reading everyone's behaviour, we barely picked Scarlett even after his more promising performances, he looked miserable most of the time he was here and Spurs were happy enough to risk him playing zero football for the rest of the season rather than leave him with us.

Buabo's not going to play any significant role for us in the second half of the season either, he's not at the level to be much more than an occasional chaotic roll of the dice.

If we don't get a senior forward tomorrow, we'll see if there's any PL2 loanees about and if that doesn't pan out, we'll just make do with Jackson, Al-Hamadi, Broadhead and Harness as the options.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:26 - Jan 31 with 1815 viewsVegtablue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 20:37 - Jan 31 by billlm

Nope, they have just screwed our autos,
Can't expect a 21 yr old newbie to lead our line,
Not fair on jacko he's more a wide player,

Sometimes things aren't as attainable as we want them to be, without wishing to patronise. As fans we have very little insight into the reasons for why we're fast approaching an undesirable outcome. Market madness? Inadequacies within club departments or at the top? Too close to FFP? Avoidably or unavoidably so?

We don't receive nearly enough information to apportion 'culpability' ourselves, so it comes down to trust and gut feel. Ashton and co. are always accountable, naturally, but they'll be assessed by those who may credibly weigh in on the above questions. Tidbits we have access to make me believe market madness and FFP constraints have proven much more problematic than unknown performance considerations within the club.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:30 - Jan 31 with 1765 viewsEuropablue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:05 - Jan 31 by NthQldITFC

I don't think Scarlett was the problem. I think it was Tottenham. First, they loaned him out really late, then they cup tied him, which made it really difficult to get him up to speed. We made a really good start, so we weren't going to be carrying anybody.
He struggled to start with, but actually looked pretty decent and maybe was about level with Ladapo in the pecking order, then Tottenham recalled him basically for no reason other than to be petty. Then Hirst is injured and Scarlett could have had a run out in the team.
I'd say that this option is dead in the water unless we get desperate. Surely there is some bad blood between the two clubs over the way Scarlett was handled. I'm sure that Tottenham felt entitled to more minutes.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:32 - Jan 31 with 1733 viewscressi

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:01 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

"
We're second...how do some people not get this? We need every advantage we can get"

Can you let Ashton know. Lol

We are second because we never had to many injuries where are we the form league last 8 games need to wake up.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:44 - Jan 31 with 1669 viewsjayessess

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:32 - Jan 31 by cressi

We are second because we never had to many injuries where are we the form league last 8 games need to wake up.

If we "wake up" will there suddenly be lots of brilliant strikers available for transfer and within our range?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:53 - Jan 31 with 1620 viewsStokieBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:44 - Jan 31 by jayessess

If we "wake up" will there suddenly be lots of brilliant strikers available for transfer and within our range?

This is the crux of the issue, lots of posters writing things without actually using context.

The context is that there really aren't many strikers of the type we want who are either available or in our price range. Continually moaning about the club, the backroom staff and Ashton whilst totally ignoring context is basically treating the world of football like FM2024.

Yet here we are, every day more posts ignoring context and having a pop because the club haven't magicked up To Madiera.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 1585 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:32 - Jan 31 by cressi

Over the last 8 games only one team in the league has had a tougher 8 games than us. Our opponents ppg was 1.60 (and we lost only one of those). For context Southampton have had the second easiest run in the Championship in terms of opposition (1.10).

We’ll be fine.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:57 - Jan 31 with 1573 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, and I think it’ll be someone we’ve not even been linked with yet.

Just a hunch.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:07 - Jan 31 with 1502 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:53 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

This is the crux of the issue, lots of posters writing things without actually using context.

The context is that there really aren't many strikers of the type we want who are either available or in our price range. Continually moaning about the club, the backroom staff and Ashton whilst totally ignoring context is basically treating the world of football like FM2024.

Yet here we are, every day more posts ignoring context and having a pop because the club haven't magicked up To Madiera.

SB

Tbh Stokie if we were sitting midtable. Barely anyone would be thinking anything of tomorrow other than a usual deadline day.

But we are where we are and whilst I appreciate your thoughts on people moaning. You can be certain KM himself won't be happy if we don't get anyone.

He will be publicly polite. You'd have to be. But he's a manager on the verge of getting a double promotion. More than the fans. He will be wanting ashton and his team to get deals done

If they don't. They no He won't take to a form to moan about it. But you can be rest assured he would be behind closed doors, any manager with a desire to succeed would do.

So I don't really get the constant need again from some to be concerned about posters having a moan about potentially not bringing in another striker when let's be honest it could be the day that makes or breaks out promotion chances.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 1458 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:57 - Jan 31 by Kieran_Knows

Just a hunch.

JCH

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:14 - Jan 31 with 1426 viewsbilllm

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:26 - Jan 31 by Vegtablue

Sometimes things aren't as attainable as we want them to be, without wishing to patronise. As fans we have very little insight into the reasons for why we're fast approaching an undesirable outcome. Market madness? Inadequacies within club departments or at the top? Too close to FFP? Avoidably or unavoidably so?

We don't receive nearly enough information to apportion 'culpability' ourselves, so it comes down to trust and gut feel. Ashton and co. are always accountable, naturally, but they'll be assessed by those who may credibly weigh in on the above questions. Tidbits we have access to make me believe market madness and FFP constraints have proven much more problematic than unknown performance considerations within the club.

I think yours is a good honest post,
I just wish Ashton wouldn't give the fans we will do this we will do that like it's something extraordinary then puff nothing that's where a lot of the problems are, sarimento and Travis good signings, but strikers is where we're hurting,the newbie will be good in time which we don't have this season,
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:16 - Jan 31 with 1394 viewsStokieBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:07 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh Stokie if we were sitting midtable. Barely anyone would be thinking anything of tomorrow other than a usual deadline day.

But we are where we are and whilst I appreciate your thoughts on people moaning. You can be certain KM himself won't be happy if we don't get anyone.

He will be publicly polite. You'd have to be. But he's a manager on the verge of getting a double promotion. More than the fans. He will be wanting ashton and his team to get deals done

If they don't. They no He won't take to a form to moan about it. But you can be rest assured he would be behind closed doors, any manager with a desire to succeed would do.

So I don't really get the constant need again from some to be concerned about posters having a moan about potentially not bringing in another striker when let's be honest it could be the day that makes or breaks out promotion chances.

You've missed the point of my post in a very similar way as how you've missed the context of our transfer window.

I've not made any previous posts about people moaning so you've done well to get 5 paragraphs out of it.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:22 - Jan 31 with 1340 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:16 - Jan 31 by StokieBlue

You've missed the point of my post in a very similar way as how you've missed the context of our transfer window.

I've not made any previous posts about people moaning so you've done well to get 5 paragraphs out of it.

SB

SB I didn't say you have. I made that clear by saying some not you.

I've not missed the context of the window. I understand the difficulties and as I said for me if we were midtable u wouldn't be bothered about tomorrow at all.

But we aren't. And at this stage of the season im desperate for us to keep the pace and fight for promotion. For that to happen KM needs the players. If we dont get them and we don't go up. He won't care when ashton turns around and says sorry but we tried. So I'm happy to feel the same frustration solely based on where we are in the table.

Frustration which could easily change by 11pm tomorrow of course.

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:24 - Jan 31 with 1328 viewscressi

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:56 - Jan 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Over the last 8 games only one team in the league has had a tougher 8 games than us. Our opponents ppg was 1.60 (and we lost only one of those). For context Southampton have had the second easiest run in the Championship in terms of opposition (1.10).

We’ll be fine.

Maidstone was difficult mmm
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:25 - Jan 31 with 1319 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 18:37 - Jan 31 by Scuzzer

Not now.
Too late in the day.

Luckily there's another day
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:26 - Jan 31 with 1317 viewscressi

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:57 - Jan 31 by Kieran_Knows

Just a hunch.

I hope you are right
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:27 - Jan 31 with 1306 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 21:56 - Jan 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

We’ll be fine.

It'll be interesting the run southampton soon have.. how much of their form has been due to opponent quality rather than their own.

Sounds awful. I do hope downes gets injured at some point apparently he's been great for them.

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:30 - Jan 31 with 1269 viewsbaxterbasics

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:38 - Jan 31 by ronessex91

i can 100% confirm that McK, MA, and GP have been in extensive talks with multiple strikers to bring in more than just ALI but potential selling clubs have been asking for extortionate deals and obligation which they simply will not agree to as they have a very clear structure to follow, two strikers, both from established premier league clubs have demanded obscene mandatory fees come end of season which simply will not be met. MA has 100% been working his backside off trying to support McK in what he needs whilst making sure the club do not good there trousers pulled down

Exactly how I am reading things.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:35 - Jan 31 with 1221 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:24 - Jan 31 by cressi

Maidstone was difficult mmm

Not a league game
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:36 - Jan 31 with 1217 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 19:38 - Jan 31 by ronessex91

i can 100% confirm that McK, MA, and GP have been in extensive talks with multiple strikers to bring in more than just ALI but potential selling clubs have been asking for extortionate deals and obligation which they simply will not agree to as they have a very clear structure to follow, two strikers, both from established premier league clubs have demanded obscene mandatory fees come end of season which simply will not be met. MA has 100% been working his backside off trying to support McK in what he needs whilst making sure the club do not good there trousers pulled down

Come end of season it's either promotion so payment not an issue.
Or you sell a player who will be sold because you've not got promoted anyway and cover it. (Davis)

Surely in 2nd you take a risk no?

Waka waka eh eh

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 23:02 - Jan 31 with 1131 viewsjayessess

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:36 - Jan 31 by FrimleyBlue

Come end of season it's either promotion so payment not an issue.
Or you sell a player who will be sold because you've not got promoted anyway and cover it. (Davis)

Surely in 2nd you take a risk no?

I think you've got to keep going about your business methodically in all circumstances to be a well-run football club. That means buying players who fit how you want to play and are available for roughly your valuation of them (and within your means).

We're all absolutely convinced that a new senior striker is going to be the difference between success or failure, but one player is very rarely that. Good chance you over-extend and you're potentially hamstrung for years with the wrong player occupying a substantial proportion of your wage bill. Meanwhile you've cashed in your biggest asset to cover a transfer that didn't work rather than to continue doing good, painstaking work improving the squad over the longer term.

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 23:07 - Jan 31 with 1106 viewsVegtablue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 22:14 - Jan 31 by billlm

I think yours is a good honest post,
I just wish Ashton wouldn't give the fans we will do this we will do that like it's something extraordinary then puff nothing that's where a lot of the problems are, sarimento and Travis good signings, but strikers is where we're hurting,the newbie will be good in time which we don't have this season,

I hear you; safe to say Ashton subscribes to the power of positive thinking! Infectious, irritating.. if he's going to err it will inevitability be on the side of unbridled optimism rather than cautious expectation management. It makes him a greater hostage to fortune than with other management styles but I don't believe it's contrived or dishonest, just who he is. I haven't sought out his interviews this month and I read much of what he says through a gentle filter lol.
Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 23:13 - Jan 31 with 1086 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who honestly think we will sign another striker on 23:02 - Jan 31 by jayessess

I think you've got to keep going about your business methodically in all circumstances to be a well-run football club. That means buying players who fit how you want to play and are available for roughly your valuation of them (and within your means).

We're all absolutely convinced that a new senior striker is going to be the difference between success or failure, but one player is very rarely that. Good chance you over-extend and you're potentially hamstrung for years with the wrong player occupying a substantial proportion of your wage bill. Meanwhile you've cashed in your biggest asset to cover a transfer that didn't work rather than to continue doing good, painstaking work improving the squad over the longer term.

Thing is tho. We've seen the result of losing that striker who was a big part of the success you've enjoyed for 25 games of the season. So yes that 1 player would make a massive difference.

For me the risk of sticking to your guns in our current situation is..

Say we don't get one. And we Don't get promoted.
We will lose key players. That's a given we will need to regardless because of ffp.

So you're rebuilding straight away anyway. Whilst another 3 clubs have come down with fresh parachute payments.

The risk we could find ourselves in which was always going to be a risk was not being able to keep KM. And then if the new manager can't do what KM has how long before the owners see how much of a loss a champ club is and begin to strip the club like Evans.

I just feel in 2nd place.. it's more of a calculated risk to get someone in to push for promotion when you have 18 games left when the worse case scenario is that you end up selling the player you're gonna sell anyway if you don't go up.

It should be moore tbh. Loan which means you're not left with him come summer. But also if you get promoted. He's been worth it financially anyway.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024