Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." 16:09 - Feb 1 with 5383 viewsElderGrizzly

Quote from Moore later on? :)
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:12 - Feb 1 with 3385 viewsitfcjoe

It was a pretty incredible spot from Mick, after he'd done well against us 18 months earlier for Yeovil.....but at the time couldn't get a game at Forest Green and had been sent on loan to Torquay.....for that 24 year old to now be this 31 year old is crazy really

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:15 - Feb 1 with 3340 viewsElderGrizzly

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:12 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

It was a pretty incredible spot from Mick, after he'd done well against us 18 months earlier for Yeovil.....but at the time couldn't get a game at Forest Green and had been sent on loan to Torquay.....for that 24 year old to now be this 31 year old is crazy really

Scores the winner to fire us to promotion and runs to the stands, where Uncle Mick is waiting to embrace him, both lifting up their shirts to be wearing matching Moore/McCarthy t-shirts.

It was all part of Mick's long term plan for Town...
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:23 - Feb 1 with 3257 viewsBlueBadger

Phil has RULES about open trolling, you know.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:26 - Feb 1 with 3202 viewsFrimleyBlue

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:12 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

I remember him being poor for town, but he went on loan and scored 13 goals in 22 games.. Surpised we got rid so quickly with that sort of stat.. Remind me who were our strikers at the time, i can't remember

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:29 - Feb 1 with 3201 viewsStirlingArcher

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:26 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

I remember him being poor for town, but he went on loan and scored 13 goals in 22 games.. Surpised we got rid so quickly with that sort of stat.. Remind me who were our strikers at the time, i can't remember

do you want to?
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:31 - Feb 1 with 3188 viewsSitfcB

Mick could spot a player.

Where does the time go ffs. Mental.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:34 - Feb 1 with 3149 viewsSteve_M

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:31 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

Mick could spot a player.

Where does the time go ffs. Mental.

It will be six years since MM Left in April, it just took five of those to get back to where we were in the first place.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:35 - Feb 1 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:34 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

It will be six years since MM Left in April, it just took five of those to get back to where we were in the first place.

But the match day experience for much of that time....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:37 - Feb 1 with 3099 viewsFrimleyBlue

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:34 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

5 Years but we're a better club for it.....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:37 - Feb 1 with 3117 viewspositivity

"thanks also to mick mccarthy for spurring me on by getting rid of me without giving me a single start!"

he could sometimes spot a player, but he couldn't always develop/use them as well as mckenna

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:39 - Feb 1 with 3096 viewspositivity

and just 5 months more to surpass him!

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:39 - Feb 1 with 3092 viewsSitfcB

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:37 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

There’s no denying that, just a shame we have 4 seasons of League 1 recorded in our history books.

Who knows though, had we not got relegated Gamechanger may not have come calling??

COYB

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:41 - Feb 1 with 3075 viewsSitfcB

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:39 - Feb 1 by positivity

and just 5 months more to surpass him!

Season ain’t over yet

COYB

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:45 - Feb 1 with 3055 viewspositivity

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:41 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

Season ain’t over yet

i'll be gutted if we fail to get the 19 points we need in the last 18 games!

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:53 - Feb 1 with 3013 viewsSitfcB

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:45 - Feb 1 by positivity

i'll be gutted if we fail to get the 19 points we need in the last 18 games!

McKenna out if so!

COYB

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 2990 viewsSteve_M

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:37 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

Which is more down to the investment than McCarthy leaving.

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 17:30 - Feb 1 with 2911 viewsBloomBlue

...." I'm only going back because Mark Ashton told me KM is going to Brighton at the end of the season and MM is coming back to Town as manager"
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 17:36 - Feb 1 with 2880 viewsitfcjoe

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:26 - Feb 1 by FrimleyBlue

McGoldrick, Garner, Waghorn and Sears - ME asked MM if he would be starting games and when MM said no he was sold

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 17:39 - Feb 1 with 2845 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:55 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

Which is more down to the investment than McCarthy leaving.

I think we'd have dropped down had Mick stayed. Probably not the season that we did. But it would have been a slow lingering death rather than the quick murder under Hurst/Lambert.

Mick did an incredible job after Jewell, but crowd numbers were falling drastically, the football was becoming more industrial due to the lack of funds and the relationship between manager and fans ws absolutely toxic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 2714 viewsCrock

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:37 - Feb 1 by positivity

"thanks also to mick mccarthy for spurring me on by getting rid of me without giving me a single start!"

he could sometimes spot a player, but he couldn't always develop/use them as well as mckenna

Moore wasn’t good enough to start then.

Poll: Favourite number?

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:34 - Feb 1 with 2598 viewsEuropablue

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:39 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

There’s no denying that, just a shame we have 4 seasons of League 1 recorded in our history books.

Who knows though, had we not got relegated Gamechanger may not have come calling??

When you are happy with the destination, don't fret about how you got there.
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:42 - Feb 1 with 2562 viewsMullet

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 16:37 - Feb 1 by positivity

That's not true is it? McKenna has yet to send anyone to the Prem. Nor has he taken a load of duds and get career best performances and runs from them yet.

Give him 5 years and he will.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:50 - Feb 1 with 2522 viewsheavyweight

Don't think we were ever second in the Championship under McCarthy were we?
"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:51 - Feb 1 with 2504 viewsMullet

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:50 - Feb 1 by heavyweight

Don't think we were ever second in the Championship under McCarthy were we?

We went top more than once.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 20:37 - Feb 1 with 2442 viewsSteve_M

"Thanks to Mick McCarthy for believing in me all those years ago.." on 19:51 - Feb 1 by Mullet

We went top more than once.

And five years took us back to last April anyway, I thought it was quite simple maths.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024