Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. 17:19 - Feb 3 with 2133 viewsbaxterbasics

Going to take some effort to get back up there now innit.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:23 - Feb 3 with 2089 viewsWestSussexBlue

We’re 2 points behind Southampton who have to come to PR, were 1 point behind Leeds with a game in hand. Leeds and Saints have to play each other in the Final game. Does a 3-2 defeat today mean Top Two is over?
Not a Chance!
[Post edited 3 Feb 18:21]
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:27 - Feb 3 with 2034 viewsVic

Kind of know what you feel, but absolutely not over yet.

Leeds and Saints have momentum, ours has absolutely stalled. Very, very unlikely those two will keep on winning for the next 25 games. I’m confident that we’ll get better again - we’ve proven over 12 months that we’re where we are on merit.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:30 - Feb 3 with 1984 viewsWeirdFishes

Obviously it’s not over but today does feel like we’ve somewhat blown the top two, I feel absolutely crushed.

We need to more than match Southampton who have just been relentless for months whilst our form has been dodgy since Watford.

It’s not impossible but I can’t see it myself. Hopefully the players have more faith in themselves than I do!

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:35 - Feb 3 with 1932 viewsSawtrich

Southampton have a lot of tough away games to come yet. They've been on a great run, fair play to them. We've now got more firepower up front and it's all to play for. Exciting times.
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:44 - Feb 3 with 1850 viewsquad

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:23 - Feb 3 by WestSussexBlue

We’re 2 points behind Southampton who have to come to PR, were 1 point behind Leeds with a game in hand. Leeds and Saints have to play each other in the Final game. Does a 3-2 defeat today mean Top Two is over?
Not a Chance!
[Post edited 3 Feb 18:21]

This. Effectively it's still in our own hands. Southampton have to come to PR..

We're still a very good side. We're still dominating possession and creating more chances than the opposition despite results not going our way recently.

We know we're a better side than Preston. If you go two goals down to any team early on it's always going to be very difficult.

We need a rally cry and a reaction now. Beat West Brom and the confidence returns. No reason we can't still turn this around. Southampton and Leeds have the momentum now, but things can change very quickly in football. What's the alternative? Just chuck in the towel now after all the hard work we did and the position we got ourselves in?

Don't ****ing think so! We FIGHT BACK. Moore and Al-Hamadi can help to turn our season around and put together a good run and keep ourselves back in the picture. It's not all done yet, there's no way we should be surrendering just yet.
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:48 - Feb 3 with 1818 viewsTheBoyBlue

Feels a bit like that, but then I remember feeling the same way a year ago! However, it's going to take two former Premier League teams with momentum and huge strength in depth to suddenly drop off and us putting on a winning run. Seems unlikely, but still excited to see how it all actually goes!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 18:01 - Feb 3 with 1732 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Let's hope this is our fall to 4th moment from last season.

For all we were so so poor in the first half, I am actually enthused now for the rest of the season because we have so many more options in attack and our bench strength is superb.

We absolutely deserved to be where we were on merit, there was nothing lucky about our position but the one thing I was anxious about was Millwall aside we were never putting sides to the sword. We were always on the right side of a one goal margin, and its difficult to come out on top like that all season.

If Soton carry on like this, you have to just hold your hands up but they've got a very hard run in. We do need some back to back wins to regain confidence however, we can't take advantage of any slip up otherwise.
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 18:16 - Feb 3 with 1646 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think we will end up having a good end to season..but I can't see us out resulting both sides now.

That gap was nice and gave us that bit of room

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 18:45 - Feb 3 with 1558 viewsRyorry

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:44 - Feb 3 by quad

This. Effectively it's still in our own hands. Southampton have to come to PR..

We're still a very good side. We're still dominating possession and creating more chances than the opposition despite results not going our way recently.

We know we're a better side than Preston. If you go two goals down to any team early on it's always going to be very difficult.

We need a rally cry and a reaction now. Beat West Brom and the confidence returns. No reason we can't still turn this around. Southampton and Leeds have the momentum now, but things can change very quickly in football. What's the alternative? Just chuck in the towel now after all the hard work we did and the position we got ourselves in?

Don't ****ing think so! We FIGHT BACK. Moore and Al-Hamadi can help to turn our season around and put together a good run and keep ourselves back in the picture. It's not all done yet, there's no way we should be surrendering just yet.

Quite. Makes me wonder how some on here would have coped with WW2 - win a couple of dozen battles, but then give up hope after losing just two?!

Our current blip has coincided with significant injuries and some illness. I think Donacien’s absence isn’t given enough weight by some fans, we’re missing him, and that’s where other recent Prem clubs have the advantage of us in squad strength in depth.

However, we’ve now got strikers in who, fingers crossed, can give us more variety than we had before even when Hirst was fit.

I’m choosing to remember us being in a similar position this time last year, and kicking on from that with the newly signed players. Here’s hoping we do so this year too. The second half of today’s game was really important in giving us the signs that we have both the character and the ability to do so.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 18:52 - Feb 3 with 1494 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ve got to find some momentum again. It’s 8 points in the last 8 games now since Norwich, whereas we were averaging 2.4 ppg up until then. That’s a pretty catastrophic drop off in form in anyone’s book. Can we go on another run? Well we’ve done it before, so yes we can. It won’t be easy though and it feels like we’re watching our auto hopes die in slow motion at the moment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 18:56 - Feb 3 with 1447 viewshunty21

Bye bye nice knowing you too wont be missed
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 19:02 - Feb 3 with 1386 viewspointofblue

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 18:52 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

We’ve got to find some momentum again. It’s 8 points in the last 8 games now since Norwich, whereas we were averaging 2.4 ppg up until then. That’s a pretty catastrophic drop off in form in anyone’s book. Can we go on another run? Well we’ve done it before, so yes we can. It won’t be easy though and it feels like we’re watching our auto hopes die in slow motion at the moment.

It's funny how this season is almost mirroring last season. From 29th December through to 14th February - nine points from eight games. One win, six draws, one defeat.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 19:16 - Feb 3 with 1306 viewsStewart27

Hopefully I’ll never be with you in the tranches.

I get it. It’s gutting losing the grip.

But we are in the mix. We are in the mix because of our ridiculous first 20 games. We’ve stalled a bit but meaning we are now in a proper promotion race. It was never going to always go our way.

Go limbs every time we score. It’ll mean something.
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 19:18 - Feb 3 with 1287 viewsbilllm

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 17:27 - Feb 3 by Vic

Kind of know what you feel, but absolutely not over yet.

Leeds and Saints have momentum, ours has absolutely stalled. Very, very unlikely those two will keep on winning for the next 25 games. I’m confident that we’ll get better again - we’ve proven over 12 months that we’re where we are on merit.

Agree, if we fall short and playoffs is our destiny it's important to re group get some form and be strong to the end, roll in the playoffs with the momentum we've lost,
Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 19:30 - Feb 3 with 1221 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good-bye top two, nice knowing you. on 19:02 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

It's funny how this season is almost mirroring last season. From 29th December through to 14th February - nine points from eight games. One win, six draws, one defeat.

I’m certainly hoping the pattern continues! It is rather uncanny.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024