Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester 19:22 - Feb 10 with 2219 viewslongtimefan

I see they had yet another penalty of the kind that never get awarded to us. Also worth checking out Watford’s goal. Beats all our defensive errors this season😄
Leicester on 19:44 - Feb 10 with 2128 viewsDaninthecampo

They've had 11 this season and Leeds 7, we've had 1 i think! Ridiculous
That's mainly because.... on 20:04 - Feb 10 with 2083 viewsBloots

Leicester on 19:44 - Feb 10 by Daninthecampo

...we have very few touches in the opponents box.

Hutchinson is the only player that really runs at defenders in the penalty area, the rest of our attackers play intricate triangle passes around the box, but lose the ball before they get into a shooting position.

There you go, I solved it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Leicester on 20:20 - Feb 10 with 2024 viewsGarv

They're better and quicker than us. It's no real surprise.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Leicester on 00:30 - Feb 11 with 1842 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Who cares? You could also say they should have had one at PR.

They have a +42 goal difference, are top of league by 11 points and probably about to smash all records. I’d hazard a guess the ball is in the opposition box a lot more than their own. This conspiracy everything is against us stuff is getting tiring.
Leicester on 00:48 - Feb 11 with 1803 viewsSWBlue22

It’s because when you get relegated you get cheat codes. Just look at the top 3 and it says it all.
Leicester on 10:20 - Feb 11 with 1589 viewslongtimefan

Leicester on 00:48 - Feb 11 by SWBlue22

It’s because when you get relegated you get cheat codes. Just look at the top 3 and it says it all.

Just seen the Leeds highlights. Bamford uses his elbow to score the first and then given a penalty where the defender sandwiches the ball against the Leeds player’s leg who then falls over.
That's mainly because.... on 10:37 - Feb 11 with 1570 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's mainly because.... on 20:04 - Feb 10 by Bloots

...we have very few touches in the opponents box.

Hutchinson is the only player that really runs at defenders in the penalty area, the rest of our attackers play intricate triangle passes around the box, but lose the ball before they get into a shooting position.

There you go, I solved it.

We’re 5th, just after Leicester (scroll down to posession stats if anyone’s interested)
https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/Championship-Stats

Broady, Wes, Chappers and Hirst are generally honest players, which probably has more to do with it. Maybe our character test is biting us on the arse on this one.
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:40]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That's mainly because.... on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 1506 viewsPinewoodblue

That's mainly because.... on 10:37 - Feb 11 by Swansea_Blue

We’re 5th, just after Leicester (scroll down to posession stats if anyone’s interested)
https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/Championship-Stats

Broady, Wes, Chappers and Hirst are generally honest players, which probably has more to do with it. Maybe our character test is biting us on the arse on this one.
[Post edited 11 Feb 10:40]

Kieffer Moore has a couple of Penalties in him, can see Sarmiento & Al Hadami taking the ball into the box.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester on 12:12 - Feb 11 with 1470 viewsOldFart71

Yes I somewhat agree that we don't get our fair share of pens and decisions. But anyone with half a brain cell should realise that a) Our first season back in the Championship has been good and b) That we are a few players short of being able to hold our own in the Premier League. Central defence isn't good enough, midfield you have really only two who can claim a regular place, both of whom aren't spring chickens and the forward line has more than it's fair share of players on loan.
Leicester on 12:27 - Feb 11 with 1438 viewsHerbivore

Leeds' first goal yesterday too. The way the referees referee the relegated sides is wild. Penalties left right and centre, clear infringements that lead to goals not given. We can't even get lino's giving clear offsides when they're right in line with them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leicester on 14:41 - Feb 11 with 1326 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leicester on 12:27 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Leeds' first goal yesterday too. The way the referees referee the relegated sides is wild. Penalties left right and centre, clear infringements that lead to goals not given. We can't even get lino's giving clear offsides when they're right in line with them.

Here’s Herb the conspiracy theorist.
Leicester on 14:59 - Feb 11 with 1295 viewsHerbivore

Leicester on 14:41 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Here’s Herb the conspiracy theorist.

I don't think there's any grand conspiracy behind it, but when you look at some of the decisions it seems their is something of a bias towards some of the 'bigger' clubs. People believe it of the Prem with the likes of Liverpool, United and City getting decisions that others might not, so not sure why it's so hard to believe it happens at this level too.

Leicester on 15:05 - Feb 11 with 1287 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leicester on 14:59 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

I don't think there's any grand conspiracy behind it, but when you look at some of the decisions it seems their is something of a bias towards some of the 'bigger' clubs. People believe it of the Prem with the likes of Liverpool, United and City getting decisions that others might not, so not sure why it's so hard to believe it happens at this level too.

Fair enough, I do think atmosphere at places like Elland Road probably has an affect as well but you’ve got to say that Leicester and Leeds often tear it up going forward and have players running at the opposition all the time. So there could be a reason for the “penalties left at right” thing with how much play is the opposition box. I thought we got lucky against Leicester at home with the Burgess infringement.

IMO last season was worse for us, there were a few ridiculous ones that weren’t awarded, Barnsley opener maybe, Hirst at Posh also comes to mind but there was others before then. Seemed to even themselves out a bit later when games were already out of sight like Barnsley and Exeter.
[Post edited 11 Feb 15:06]
Leicester on 15:19 - Feb 11 with 1253 viewsHerbivore

Leicester on 15:05 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fair enough, I do think atmosphere at places like Elland Road probably has an affect as well but you’ve got to say that Leicester and Leeds often tear it up going forward and have players running at the opposition all the time. So there could be a reason for the “penalties left at right” thing with how much play is the opposition box. I thought we got lucky against Leicester at home with the Burgess infringement.

IMO last season was worse for us, there were a few ridiculous ones that weren’t awarded, Barnsley opener maybe, Hirst at Posh also comes to mind but there was others before then. Seemed to even themselves out a bit later when games were already out of sight like Barnsley and Exeter.
[Post edited 11 Feb 15:06]

On most attacking metrics we're also right up there, it's not like we're shy of getting into the opposition area. Hutchinson has had two or three very good shouts, Hirst a couple, Davis has been wiped out after crossing once or twice, a couple of good handball shouts (Rotherham away especially) and Edmundson was very clearly fouled at a corner away at Leicester, even Sky picked up on that one. Then you look at Bamford's goal yesterday, the non-decision when Chappers was clearly fouled at Elland Road in the phase of play that led to their opener, the Dewsbury-Hall penalty for Leicester at Coventry. There's been many others as well. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that more big decisions have gone against us than for us this season and that the opposite is true of Leicester and Leeds.

Leicester on 15:28 - Feb 11 with 1235 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leicester on 15:19 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

On most attacking metrics we're also right up there, it's not like we're shy of getting into the opposition area. Hutchinson has had two or three very good shouts, Hirst a couple, Davis has been wiped out after crossing once or twice, a couple of good handball shouts (Rotherham away especially) and Edmundson was very clearly fouled at a corner away at Leicester, even Sky picked up on that one. Then you look at Bamford's goal yesterday, the non-decision when Chappers was clearly fouled at Elland Road in the phase of play that led to their opener, the Dewsbury-Hall penalty for Leicester at Coventry. There's been many others as well. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that more big decisions have gone against us than for us this season and that the opposite is true of Leicester and Leeds.

We don’t take players on in the box like Leeds and Leicester until Omari comes on. You’re not even giving specific examples outside of Rotherham. It’s tedious and every fan base does it.
Leicester on 15:33 - Feb 11 with 1209 viewsHerbivore

Leicester on 15:28 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We don’t take players on in the box like Leeds and Leicester until Omari comes on. You’re not even giving specific examples outside of Rotherham. It’s tedious and every fan base does it.

You're tedious.

Leicester on 15:36 - Feb 11 with 1200 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leicester on 15:33 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

You're tedious.

Great argument.
Leicester on 15:41 - Feb 11 with 1186 viewsHerbivore

Leicester on 15:36 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Great argument.

More of an opinion than an argument. If you want more specific examples, Hirst away at Sunderland and away at Rotherham, Hutchinson away at Huddersfield, I also thought O'Nien totally clattered into him in the home game against Sunderland, he's had others but apologies that I can't remember every specific instance, there have been quite a few. Contrast that with some pretty soft ones for Leicester and Leeds and the other examples of (non-)decisions, you may find it tedious but to me there is quite a bit of evidence that we don't really get much of the rub of the green. Just last week we had two goals given against us that should have been disallowed. If you find discussions of refereeing tedious, you can always ignore them.

Leicester on 16:06 - Feb 11 with 1155 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Leicester on 15:41 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

More of an opinion than an argument. If you want more specific examples, Hirst away at Sunderland and away at Rotherham, Hutchinson away at Huddersfield, I also thought O'Nien totally clattered into him in the home game against Sunderland, he's had others but apologies that I can't remember every specific instance, there have been quite a few. Contrast that with some pretty soft ones for Leicester and Leeds and the other examples of (non-)decisions, you may find it tedious but to me there is quite a bit of evidence that we don't really get much of the rub of the green. Just last week we had two goals given against us that should have been disallowed. If you find discussions of refereeing tedious, you can always ignore them.

Last week was the most frustrating no doubt and thanks for reminding me about the Huddersfield one, I think that was a good shout that wasn’t awarded.

However, I’m sure Plymouth and Leicester fans were saying similar after not getting the result they wanted at Portman Road

Sounds good, I’ll leave it to you lot to use it as such a pivotal reason. I agree with Watson said on KOA last week about people pinning certain results on refs and the fanbases that moan loudest about it are usually the most annoying.
Leicester on 16:21 - Feb 11 with 1135 viewsHerbivore

Leicester on 16:06 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Last week was the most frustrating no doubt and thanks for reminding me about the Huddersfield one, I think that was a good shout that wasn’t awarded.

However, I’m sure Plymouth and Leicester fans were saying similar after not getting the result they wanted at Portman Road

Sounds good, I’ll leave it to you lot to use it as such a pivotal reason. I agree with Watson said on KOA last week about people pinning certain results on refs and the fanbases that moan loudest about it are usually the most annoying.

You asked for examples then ignored most of them, so not sure what the point was to be honest. That you cite Plymouth, where replays show either no contact or the slightest contact when he's already throwing himself over, as a counter example speaks volumes. You're one of those fans where if that had happened at the other end you'd be saying he should be booked for diving and it's embarrassing to even be claiming for it. The point of the discussion here though isn't just about decisions we have or haven't been given, it's ones that our rivals are getting. A blatant handball goal yesterday, some very, very soft pens going their way on more than one occasion. I'm not sure either of them have had a Preston away moment this season where they've gone two behind off the back of obvious infringements. If it irritates you that people discuss this, that's fine, but it's a legitimate point for discussion.

Leicester on 16:56 - Feb 11 with 1096 viewsbournemouthblue

Leicester on 20:20 - Feb 10 by Garv

They're better and quicker than us. It's no real surprise.

Leeds particularly, I know Leicester are probably stop scorers now but Leeds have the trickiest players

It's Mavididi who must win a lot of penalties for them I'd assume, what are their other wingers like?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024