Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) 20:50 - Feb 10 with 1662 viewsDinnernotTea

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 10 with 1640 viewspointofblue

It looked round to me.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 20:54 - Feb 10 with 1624 viewshomer_123

You never saw Jamma and Magilton play, did you?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 20:56 - Feb 10 with 1614 viewsDinnernotTea

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 20:54 - Feb 10 by homer_123

You never saw Jamma and Magilton play, did you?

You sure about that? Magilton many highlights has him looking up for a forward pass early (think Stewart's debut).

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 20:59 - Feb 10 with 1592 viewsDinnernotTea

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 20:56 - Feb 10 by DinnernotTea

You sure about that? Magilton many highlights has him looking up for a forward pass early (think Stewart's debut).

Add Kuqi's debut to that. Magilton with a ball at his feet is lightyears ahead of both Morsy and Luongo.

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:41 - Feb 10 with 1524 viewsStewart27

This obsession has taken us from mid table league one nobodies to the fourth best team in the championship behind teams who were in the premier league last year.

I still remember the obsession with bypassing the midfield.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:43 - Feb 10 with 1519 viewsredrickstuhaart

Stop wetting the bed.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:44 - Feb 10 with 1518 viewsredrickstuhaart

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:41 - Feb 10 by Stewart27

This obsession has taken us from mid table league one nobodies to the fourth best team in the championship behind teams who were in the premier league last year.

Worrying, how many "fans" don't understand the game, and the way in which you have to create space.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:49 - Feb 10 with 1494 viewsBugs

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:44 - Feb 10 by redrickstuhaart

Worrying, how many "fans" don't understand the game, and the way in which you have to create space.

Also see Woolfenden "slowing the game down".
Login to get fewer ads

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:50 - Feb 10 with 1491 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

We’ve scored four times in the last two games. The fact we’ve dropped points is not due to our play going forwards. I thought that would be fairly obvious given we’ve conceded 7 in our last 3.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 1489 viewsMK1

It has got us to 4th in the Championship, so carry on as we are I reckon.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:54 - Feb 10 with 1471 viewsDinnernotTea

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:41 - Feb 10 by Stewart27

1 win in 9. Our slow build up and square balls are very much a part of that. But depends if you know football I guess.

Against an experienced side like West Brom it's food and drink to them watching us go square to square to square. They sit in and be patient (like 6th tier Maidstone). When we were at our best today is when we go it into our final third with more purpose using Moore (more).

Up to you if you believe what worked in League One will work after teams have now had a good look at us.

We're slow and ponderous at times, is no doubting that.

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:58 - Feb 10 with 1436 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:54 - Feb 10 by DinnernotTea

1 win in 9. Our slow build up and square balls are very much a part of that. But depends if you know football I guess.

Against an experienced side like West Brom it's food and drink to them watching us go square to square to square. They sit in and be patient (like 6th tier Maidstone). When we were at our best today is when we go it into our final third with more purpose using Moore (more).

Up to you if you believe what worked in League One will work after teams have now had a good look at us.

So you’re implying you “know football” more than McKenna then? That’s a brave claim.

Magic played plenty of sideways balls. I’m not overly surprised they didn’t make the highlights though, much as Morsy’s won’t.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:04 - Feb 10 with 1427 viewsMK1

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 21:54 - Feb 10 by DinnernotTea

We are playing experienced Championship sides and not long relegated Premier League sides, so yes, they have worked us out. We still have a largely League One squad playing unbelievably to be where we are. Maybe appreciate what they are achieving rather than expecting more from a side out performing themselves for over half a season in the league above.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 10 with 1413 viewsredrickstuhaart

Just nonsensical.

How many teams have scored more than we have against West Brom?
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:14 - Feb 10 with 1374 viewsDinnernotTea

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:04 - Feb 10 by MK1

We are playing experienced Championship sides and not long relegated Premier League sides, so yes, they have worked us out. We still have a largely League One squad playing unbelievably to be where we are. Maybe appreciate what they are achieving rather than expecting more from a side out performing themselves for over half a season in the league above.

1 win 9 isn't all against "not long relegated sides" is it.

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:14 - Feb 10 with 1372 viewsDinnernotTea

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 10 by redrickstuhaart

Just nonsensical.

Huh? We've scored 2 in 2 games against them.

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:16 - Feb 10 with 1363 viewsMK1

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:14 - Feb 10 by DinnernotTea

1 win 9 isn't all against "not long relegated sides" is it.

It is experienced Championship clubs though.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 00:24 - Feb 11 with 1194 viewsHighgateBlue

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 10 by redrickstuhaart

Just nonsensical.

Half the league, if we're talking goals per game.

The following teams have scored more across two games:

Blackburn
Stoke (in two games, one of which wasn’t league, granted)
Swansea
Boro
Birmingham

The following teams have only played them once but have scored twice and hence have a goals per game record of exactly twice as many goals as us:

Huddersfield,
Watford,
Southampton,
Leicester,
Sunderland,
Wolves

So in total, so far, that's 11 from the 22 teams who are neither Ipswich nor West Brom. Half of the possible other teams.

I take it from your statement that this is not the answer you were hoping for/assuming was true?
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 00:56 - Feb 11 with 1136 viewsFrimleyBlue

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 00:24 - Feb 11 by HighgateBlue

Blackburn
Swansea
Boro
Birmingham

The following teams have only played them once but have scored twice and hence have a goals per game record of exactly twice as many goals as us:

Huddersfield,
Watford,
Southampton,
Leicester,
Sunderland,
Wolves

So in total, so far, that's 11 from the 22 teams who are neither Ipswich nor West Brom. Half of the possible other teams.

I take it from your statement that this is not the answer you were hoping for/assuming was true?

Excellent.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 01:02 - Feb 11 with 1138 viewsredrickstuhaart

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 00:24 - Feb 11 by HighgateBlue

Blackburn
Swansea
Boro
Birmingham

Huddersfield,
Watford,
Southampton,
Leicester,
Sunderland,
Wolves

Half the league have put 3 in a game past West Brom?

Muppet.
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 01:03 - Feb 11 with 1136 viewsreusersfreekicks

Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 00:56 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Excellent.

Ah found another entitled playmate.
How sweet
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 01:06 - Feb 11 with 1131 viewsreusersfreekicks

Blackburn
Swansea
Boro
Birmingham

Huddersfield,
Watford,
Southampton,
Leicester,
Sunderland,
Wolves

Oh well done. You must feel so proud
Our obsession with a square ball is driving me mental (n/t) on 12:58 - Feb 11 with 856 viewsSawtrich

It was Edmundson losing patience and trying to play a forward ball that allowed WBA their second goal. I wish we'd played more square balls, we'd have won the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024