Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Chaplin miss in the first half 16:02 - Feb 10 with 3249 viewsDubtractor

Just watched back on the highlights, and that miss was worse than the defensive errors for both of their goals. To not even hit the target was really poor.

He's the player you'd want that chance to fall to, but bloody hell.

Conversely, Broadhead's finish for the goal was outstanding from a fairly awkward chance.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:03 - Feb 10 with 2848 viewspointofblue

Agreed. Strikers seem to get more benefit of the doubt than defenders in general, but that was awful from Chaplin.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:07 - Feb 10 with 2776 viewsbaxterbasics

He does have a habit of sky-ing those chances sadly.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 2756 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, it was a really bad miss. We seem to be in one of those phases again where every shot on our goal goes in and we conspire to miss good chances. It happened last season for a while and when we came our of it we went on a ridiculous run. I hope we can do the same again now but it'll be tough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:41 - Feb 10 with 2630 viewsGarv

This might be controversial but Chaplin isn't necessarily the person I'd want that chance to fall to, I'd prefer Broadhead (assuming roles are reversed and he's on his right foot).

Hope people shut up about Broadhead for a little while after his goal today.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 17:54 - Feb 10 with 2488 viewsGlasgowBlue

Everything changed after the Norwich game. Before norwich, Chaplin would have buried that. Before Norwich, Burns took defenders on.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:04 - Feb 10 with 2441 viewsBloomBlue

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:41 - Feb 10 by Garv

This might be controversial but Chaplin isn't necessarily the person I'd want that chance to fall to, I'd prefer Broadhead (assuming roles are reversed and he's on his right foot).

Hope people shut up about Broadhead for a little while after his goal today.

I thought Broadhead was really good especially in that first half, the only player trying something different. I appreciate it doesn't always come off but unlike all the other players who kept looking to play it wide, which WBA were happy with, Broadhead tried to run at goal in a more direct route.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:08 - Feb 10 with 2410 viewsGlasgowBlue

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:09 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Yeah, it was a really bad miss. We seem to be in one of those phases again where every shot on our goal goes in and we conspire to miss good chances. It happened last season for a while and when we came our of it we went on a ridiculous run. I hope we can do the same again now but it'll be tough.

If today was our Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 draw I just hope that Millwall isn't our Bristol Rovers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:10 - Feb 10 with 2387 viewsStewart27

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:08 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

If today was our Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 draw I just hope that Millwall isn't our Bristol Rovers.

I bloody hope it is if the season pans out the same afterwards.
Login to get fewer ads

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:12 - Feb 10 with 2364 viewslazyblue

It was a shocking miss and cost us the win , 1-1 and we would have easily won.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 20:03 - Feb 10 with 2234 viewsGarv

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:04 - Feb 10 by BloomBlue

I thought Broadhead was really good especially in that first half, the only player trying something different. I appreciate it doesn't always come off but unlike all the other players who kept looking to play it wide, which WBA were happy with, Broadhead tried to run at goal in a more direct route.

Spot on. It's sad not more people are saying this instead of just judging him on numbers and repeating the rhetoric that he's off form (or was before his goal today).

He was direct and was our main and arguably only threat in the first half. He put the ball on a plate for Chapin and kept trying to break the line, successfully at times.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 20:11 - Feb 10 with 2195 viewspointofblue

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 18:08 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

If we only drop four points post Millwall until the end of the season, like last year, then I'll take a dour 0-0 at The New Den.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:02 - Feb 10 with 2045 views_clive_baker_

Broadhead is a disgustingly good footballer. I get that Sarmiento is new and shiny, but the lack of respect Broady gets on his name from some of our fans is outrageous. 25 years old, 9 goals now for the season, and he’s ours. So so gifted.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:06 - Feb 10 with 2018 viewsJakeITFC

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:02 - Feb 10 by _clive_baker_

Broadhead is a disgustingly good footballer. I get that Sarmiento is new and shiny, but the lack of respect Broady gets on his name from some of our fans is outrageous. 25 years old, 9 goals now for the season, and he’s ours. So so gifted.

He’s also going to score one of the best goals in the history of the game at some point, once all of his attempted nutmegs come off.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:09 - Feb 10 with 1995 viewsMullet

He and Chaplin are both very streaky at times and I think today is massive for him getting his confidence back up. I also think as I posted elsewhere we've suffered a bit finding out what the grind of the Championship does to a squad.

You can see the toll it's taking individually and collectively when you don't get a week or two of games where you can cruise to a win.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:12 - Feb 10 with 1954 viewstextbackup

From where I was sat today he failed to control a relatively easy ball which then lead to their 1st goal… (happy to be told by someone closer that it was a difficult ball to control though)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:15 - Feb 10 with 1925 viewsBarcaBlue

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:09 - Feb 10 by Mullet

He and Chaplin are both very streaky at times and I think today is massive for him getting his confidence back up. I also think as I posted elsewhere we've suffered a bit finding out what the grind of the Championship does to a squad.

You can see the toll it's taking individually and collectively when you don't get a week or two of games where you can cruise to a win.

It's taking its toll on some of the posters on here when we're not rolling teams over every week. There's been some real garbage posted here today.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:19 - Feb 10 with 1909 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pretty much the only player whose first instinct is to face the goal and run towards it on receiving the ball.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:48 - Feb 10 with 1816 viewsMVBlue

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:19 - Feb 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Pretty much the only player whose first instinct is to face the goal and run towards it on receiving the ball.

Just posted in another thread that Broadhead is in my favour more than Chaplin. I have not seen anyone question Chaplin until today. In fact the Sunderland goal he celebrated with such vigour has polished over his dip since Norwich. I believe it correlates with his mate Hirsts absence. These 2 propelled us to the next level, and without that duo we have had to get impetus from elsewhere.
[Post edited 10 Feb 22:50]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:54 - Feb 10 with 1790 viewsBigalhunter

Agree, and he’s only going to better.
I want that to happen whilst he’s still in an Ipswich shirt.
Some absolute nonsense posted on here recently about him and Chaplin.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:59 - Feb 10 with 1761 viewsBigalhunter

We know that Chaplin tends to score his goals in gluts, he’s admitted as much himself.
Yup, it was a shocking miss, but he will score in x6 consecutive games before the end of the season.
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 23:28 - Feb 10 with 1683 viewsDarkBrandon

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 16:09 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

I know the point you are making, but our late goal from Hutchinson was astonishing.

I’m struggling to remember a strike going through so many players before finding the back of the net. I think it was 6. It must have been a 100/1 shot
That Chaplin miss in the first half on 08:04 - Feb 11 with 1454 viewsDubtractor

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 22:59 - Feb 10 by Bigalhunter

We know that Chaplin tends to score his goals in gluts, he’s admitted as much himself.
Yup, it was a shocking miss, but he will score in x6 consecutive games before the end of the season.

Let's hope that run starts on Wednesday!

I think Chaplin is a cracking player, just a bit frustrating that he can be a bit streaky, as you say.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 08:26 - Feb 11 with 1409 viewsHerbivore

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 23:28 - Feb 10 by DarkBrandon

I know the point you are making, but our late goal from Hutchinson was astonishing.

I’m struggling to remember a strike going through so many players before finding the back of the net. I think it was 6. It must have been a 100/1 shot

But we still once again underperformed versus our xG whilst out opponents overperformed quite significantly: https://footystats.org/england/championship/xg

This has been happened quite a bit lately. Our rivals' games were far tighter but they all found ways to win. It's a spell where not only are we not coming out on the right side of fine margins, we're conspiring to not win games where we're fairly clearly on top.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fair assertion on 08:36 - Feb 11 with 1353 viewsDyland

I've thought he's looked better coming on as a sub recently, and yesterday he showed that just because that may be true doesn't mean he should be doing so.

Who would've thought McKenna and team know more than some tvat on the internet.

Arf!

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 09:43 - Feb 11 with 1247 viewsbluefunk

That Chaplin miss in the first half on 08:26 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

But we still once again underperformed versus our xG whilst out opponents overperformed quite significantly: https://footystats.org/england/championship/xg

This has been happened quite a bit lately. Our rivals' games were far tighter but they all found ways to win. It's a spell where not only are we not coming out on the right side of fine margins, we're conspiring to not win games where we're fairly clearly on top.

Those opponents in recent games have had far longer at Championship and PL level than us, so maybe more used to the grind and taking those chances that come their way. It may be significant that the only exception to that was the game we won, Sunderland, who have only had one more season at this level than us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024