Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... 11:40 - Mar 1 with 6455 viewsRyorry

Others not so much maybe ...

All I heard from him was giving Keir Starmer an extended flaying on numerous counts - but not once condemning this stinking, corrupt, incompetent tory govt. or any of its MPs - not one word from him re the last 14 years

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 22:26 - Mar 1 with 1499 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 21:03 - Mar 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well Ryorry still waiting for anyone to cheer his election, you must feel thoroughly let down.

Didn't previously have you down as the kind of stupid prat who makes comments like that, but live & learn I guess.
[Post edited 1 Mar 22:27]

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 22:35 - Mar 1 with 1482 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 21:08 - Mar 1 by DJR

Compass (of which I am a member) is very keen on this. Indeed, I remember attending an event of theirs shortly after Brexit in Sussex where Labour, Lib Dem and Green politicians were trying to promote what they call the progressive alliance in Tory areas. From recollection, Neal Lawson and Caroline Lucas were there.

The problem is that it is against Labour rules for this sort of thing to happen, although when secretary of our CLP I remember organising a council by-election where the Greens stood aside and helped deliver leaflets for the Labour candidate. We did, however, have to keep it hush-hush.

Clive Lewis is keen on this but not many other Labour MPs are, and an attempt at rule change in 2022 failed.

https://www.compassonline.org.uk/campaigns/only-stand-to-win/

Wow, didn't know it was against Labour rules, and would support attempts to change that. I do remember the Progressive Alliance too, & that in a couple of our recent-ish locals, Lib Dems & Greens have stood aside for each other.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 23:25 - Mar 1 with 1441 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 22:26 - Mar 1 by Ryorry

Didn't previously have you down as the kind of stupid prat who makes comments like that, but live & learn I guess.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 23:46 - Mar 1 with 1413 viewsreusersfreekicks

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 22:26 - Mar 1 by Ryorry

But that's what you said
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 00:27 - Mar 2 with 1381 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 23:46 - Mar 1 by reusersfreekicks

But that's what you said

No of course I didn't. What a strange interpretation. Don’t put words into my mouth please.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 07:49 - Mar 2 with 1290 viewsHerbivore

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 00:27 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

No of course I didn't. What a strange interpretation. Don’t put words into my mouth please.

You did quite literally say in the thread title that you bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as MP. What did you mean by that if not that you thought a few on here would be loving George Galloway's return as MP? BDS's comment about you being disappointed is a little silly but otherwise I can't really see how he's misinterpreted your OP.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:08 - Mar 2 with 1240 viewsDJR

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 22:35 - Mar 1 by Ryorry

Wow, didn't know it was against Labour rules, and would support attempts to change that. I do remember the Progressive Alliance too, & that in a couple of our recent-ish locals, Lib Dems & Greens have stood aside for each other.

According to Compass, Lib Dem and Green Party members are not bound by such a rule.

As regards the South Devon Primary, that would seem to be an independent initiative that the three parties locally are prepared to go along with because the three candidates are willing to attend, but were it to be, say, the Lib Dem candidate who emerged as the person most likely to win, I am sure the Labour Party centrally would still insist a Labour candidate stood. But in many ways that is right because removing a candidate from the ballot in a General Election would deny a committed Labour vote the right to vote for Labour.
[Post edited 2 Mar 9:16]
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:13 - Mar 2 with 1217 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 07:49 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

You did quite literally say in the thread title that you bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as MP. What did you mean by that if not that you thought a few on here would be loving George Galloway's return as MP? BDS's comment about you being disappointed is a little silly but otherwise I can't really see how he's misinterpreted your OP.

That's two of you who either need visits to opticians or lessons in English or to be less eager to read what you want to instead of what's there.

Please come back me to when you've found & can link me to where I said that I felt "thoroughly let down" because I was "still waiting for anyone to cheer his election".

Login to get fewer ads

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:19 - Mar 2 with 1193 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't think anyone on here would be celebrating Galloway's win. He pretty much repulses everyone from all the political camps.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:19 - Mar 2 with 1192 viewsMattinLondon

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:13 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

That's two of you who either need visits to opticians or lessons in English or to be less eager to read what you want to instead of what's there.

Please come back me to when you've found & can link me to where I said that I felt "thoroughly let down" because I was "still waiting for anyone to cheer his election".

Don’t you think that the title to this thread is quite combative and suggests that you think that a few posters ‘love’ Galloway.

Galloway is a vile man who is only motivated by self-interest. Maybe either call out the posters who you think welcome him, or change the title. But it was a silly title to begin with.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:33 - Mar 2 with 1174 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:19 - Mar 2 by MattinLondon

Don’t you think that the title to this thread is quite combative and suggests that you think that a few posters ‘love’ Galloway.

Galloway is a vile man who is only motivated by self-interest. Maybe either call out the posters who you think welcome him, or change the title. But it was a silly title to begin with.

I guess it appeared quite combative yes - the "I bet" was meant to add a jokey tone, I should maybe have added a

Agree obviously with you & others about Galloway himself.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:36 - Mar 2 with 1165 viewsHerbivore

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:13 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

I can read perfectly well thanks, I don't think you've read my post very well however.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:47 - Mar 2 with 1138 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:36 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

I can read perfectly well thanks, I don't think you've read my post very well however.

Read yours 100% well thanks.

I suggest you re-read the post of Bankster's that I was actually replying to.

Or maybe you've taken over my body so I can no longer actually think or feel for myself, but you can do it for me.

Wow - scientific miracle, you'd make a fortune!

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 10:32 - Mar 2 with 1069 viewsHerbivore

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:47 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

Read yours 100% well thanks.

I suggest you re-read the post of Bankster's that I was actually replying to.

Or maybe you've taken over my body so I can no longer actually think or feel for myself, but you can do it for me.

Wow - scientific miracle, you'd make a fortune!

No, it's just basic comprehension.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 1037 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 10:32 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

No, it's just basic comprehension.

That you've clearly had an epic fail with here.

Reusersfreekicks picked up my reply to Bankster's unwarranted insult/unpleasant insinuation that I was feeling "thoroughly let down" at being "still waiting for anyone to cheer his election" as though it were a straight reference to the OP, which it very obviously wasn't.

After reading my reply to him, even BD's apologised to me for that unjustified & unfair insinuation he made (unless I've misinterpreted his huggy emoticon), and I'm pretty sure Rfk's was just a genuine late-night mistake in not qualifying his comment with a "re the OP", so I think it's time for you to stop persistently running with the ball that went out of play hours ago. Wasting both your time and mine. This is one of the stupidest "internet comms" arguments on here, ever.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:27 - Mar 2 with 1001 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 10:51 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

Reusersfreekicks picked up my reply to Bankster's unwarranted insult/unpleasant insinuation that I was feeling "thoroughly let down" at being "still waiting for anyone to cheer his election" as though it were a straight reference to the OP, which it very obviously wasn't.

After reading my reply to him, even BD's apologised to me for that unjustified & unfair insinuation he made (unless I've misinterpreted his huggy emoticon), and I'm pretty sure Rfk's was just a genuine late-night mistake in not qualifying his comment with a "re the OP", so I think it's time for you to stop persistently running with the ball that went out of play hours ago. Wasting both your time and mine. This is one of the stupidest "internet comms" arguments on here, ever.

I think you've taken some fairly innocuous comments a bit too much to heart.
I also read it as the others have - you said you'd bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP, so when they didn't show up it's a fair (exaggerated) comment to say you've been let down that no-one's come to cheer his election.

That was all it was that I can see. You did say those words, and the jokey response shouldn't have been as triggering as it seems to have been. There's nothing wrong with everyone's reading and comprehension if they're all saying the same thing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:28 - Mar 2 with 997 viewsblueasfook

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 09:19 - Mar 2 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think anyone on here would be celebrating Galloway's win. He pretty much repulses everyone from all the political camps.

He's a festering boil on the arse of politics for sure.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:51 - Mar 2 with 978 viewsbournemouthblue

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:15 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

It's not really odd. He's a fraud and a charlatan but he was a 'left wing' candidate trying to win a seat held by Labour.

Similarly, the likes of Farage and those further to the right attack the Tories more, whether they are in or out of power.

You'll find you mate Jezza will do the same at the election if he decides to stand as an independent. He'll barely mention the Tories.
[Post edited 1 Mar 12:17]

I guess he's the left wing equivalent of Farage, it's not his first attempt at getting elected in an area like this either

I suppose perhaps ironically, he's actually won election as an MP more than Farage has ever managed

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:53 - Mar 2 with 977 viewsbournemouthblue

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:23 - Mar 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

What I mean is the specific thing he's having a go at Starmer for is odd. Starmer's not in power, he has very little say over what happens in Gaza. There are plenty of other (some might say legitimate) things to have a pop about. Banging on about how Gaza is somehow Starmer's fault just makes him look like more of an idiot than we already knew.

In many ways, he's a protest vote against Labour so I guess he is sabre rattling that support base because it's what they want to hear

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:58 - Mar 2 with 964 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:27 - Mar 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you've taken some fairly innocuous comments a bit too much to heart.
I also read it as the others have - you said you'd bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP, so when they didn't show up it's a fair (exaggerated) comment to say you've been let down that no-one's come to cheer his election.

That was all it was that I can see. You did say those words, and the jokey response shouldn't have been as triggering as it seems to have been. There's nothing wrong with everyone's reading and comprehension if they're all saying the same thing.

No it wasn't a "fair comment to say you've been let down that no-one's come to cheer his election."

It was an unfair and unwarranted character slur. Can just imagine your reaction if it had been aimed at you. Bankster's apaologised for it & the matter should have rested there instead of a few of you persisting in one of the most ridiculous, timewasting, internet comms arguments ever

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:14 - Mar 2 with 937 viewsHerbivore

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 10:51 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

If you'd read my post properly you'd see I described BDS's comment about you being thoroughly disappointed as being silly but it seems you missed that. You may not have specifically mentioned cheering in your OP but the notion of people cheering Galloway getting elected is very much in the same ballpark as saying people will be loving him getting elected so your confected outrage at being misrepresented is a bit rich to be honest.
[Post edited 2 Mar 12:16]

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:39 - Mar 2 with 877 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:58 - Mar 2 by Ryorry

No it wasn't a "fair comment to say you've been let down that no-one's come to cheer his election."

It was an unfair and unwarranted character slur. Can just imagine your reaction if it had been aimed at you. Bankster's apaologised for it & the matter should have rested there instead of a few of you persisting in one of the most ridiculous, timewasting, internet comms arguments ever

Apologised? All he's done is posted a smiling 'hug' emoji. Hardly an apology.

I didn't see it as a slur against your character and I'm surprised you have (and I wouldn't have seen it as a slur on mine either). It's you who has persisted in something ridiculous - you've jumped on an innocuous comment, massively exaggerated what it meant, and now you're lashing out at everyone pointing this out rather than putting the shovel down.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 17:08 - Mar 2 with 766 viewsreusersfreekicks

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:39 - Mar 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Apologised? All he's done is posted a smiling 'hug' emoji. Hardly an apology.

I didn't see it as a slur against your character and I'm surprised you have (and I wouldn't have seen it as a slur on mine either). It's you who has persisted in something ridiculous - you've jumped on an innocuous comment, massively exaggerated what it meant, and now you're lashing out at everyone pointing this out rather than putting the shovel down.

Yep
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 19:14 - Mar 2 with 714 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit of Galloway love this evening.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 19:19 - Mar 2 with 708 viewsRyorry

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 19:14 - Mar 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit of Galloway love this evening.

You are a naughty boy.

But I like you

Wondered when someone was going to say something like that - nearly did so myself actually, but in all honesty, didn't really want this thread dragging back up from the obscurity of p.2!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024