Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mad to think... 19:46 - Mar 14 with 1585 viewsBondiBlue

...the general consensus on here was that burgess and burns wouldn't be good enough for us in the championship. What do we know, eh?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Mad to think... on 20:00 - Mar 14 with 1510 viewsBlueBadger

Was it though?

Are you just getting confused by seeing a ton of Frimmers nonsense and thinking that it was lots of different people?
[Post edited 14 Mar 20:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mad to think... on 21:08 - Mar 14 with 1418 viewsSwansea_Blue

The central defence area was certainly seen as an area we’d need to strengthen, so I think that’s fair on Burgess (who’s done bloody brilliantly). Most people could see how important Wes was last year though. Not that many of us would have expected us to have the season we’ve had and carry on breaking club records.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mad to think... on 21:19 - Mar 14 with 1399 viewsJ2BLUE

Was it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mad to think... on 22:01 - Mar 14 with 1321 viewsGeoffSentence

General consensus my @rse. We can't even reach a consensus on best cheese on here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mad to think... on 22:15 - Mar 14 with 1286 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mad to think... on 22:01 - Mar 14 by GeoffSentence

General consensus my @rse. We can't even reach a consensus on best cheese on here.

*Ahem*

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mad to think... on 22:44 - Mar 14 with 1240 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think Burgess is a prime example of how KM and the management team can take a player and improve them to the level they need them to be.

He has limitations. But his ball playing attributes have drastically improved. He's shown an improvement in his decision making and despite not connecting recently with a few clearances. He's not making mistakes on the ball.

Being a lefty also has its benefits and we missed it when he was away.

The one area which I'm not sure can ever be improved however is his dealing with quick footed attackers. Pace wise he's been sensible with stepping back. He's also improved on timings of coming for the ball and being easily shaken off.. but he's still fairly awkward if a player drops a shoulder and takes him on his right foot... now I've no idea If that can be coached. It might just be a natural flaw as it's taking him on his weak side.. but I'd say that's his main weakness.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mad to think... on 08:21 - Mar 15 with 993 viewscbower

Mad to think... on 22:44 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

Think Burgess is a prime example of how KM and the management team can take a player and improve them to the level they need them to be.

He has limitations. But his ball playing attributes have drastically improved. He's shown an improvement in his decision making and despite not connecting recently with a few clearances. He's not making mistakes on the ball.

The one area which I'm not sure can ever be improved however is his dealing with quick footed attackers. Pace wise he's been sensible with stepping back. He's also improved on timings of coming for the ball and being easily shaken off.. but he's still fairly awkward if a player drops a shoulder and takes him on his right foot... now I've no idea If that can be coached. It might just be a natural flaw as it's taking him on his weak side.. but I'd say that's his main weakness.

A considered response from you Frimley. Your learning my man, your learning.

bluescouser

Mad to think... on 09:50 - Mar 15 with 879 viewsBondiBlue

Mad to think... on 20:00 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

Was it though?

Are you just getting confused by seeing a ton of Frimmers nonsense and thinking that it was lots of different people?
[Post edited 14 Mar 20:00]

There was obviously frimley being frimley but there were also a fair few conversations in which we talked about upgrading right wing. We were obsessed with rak-sakyi for months.

Question is, who's going to surprise us next year in the prem? I'll go early and say mass to be written off 10 minutes after this season's over (and not just by that helmet who claimed he a got a new contract out of sympathy) but wins player of the year.

Login to get fewer ads

Mad to think... on 10:07 - Mar 15 with 829 viewsStewart27

Mad to think

The amount of posts Frimley made = general consensus
Mad to think... on 10:13 - Mar 15 with 815 viewsNthQldITFC

Mad to think... on 22:44 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

I completely agree with you on all of those improvements, and also that he is still a little bit ponderous in spinning to follower an attacker's jinks and turns (but not at all bad, and can make up for it with his 'reach' a bit), but I think that's largely to do with his size.

If he could improve his 'bounciness' a little he could be a little quicker to be able to spin with an attacker - big, heavy footballers should consider something like ballet lessons to improve their bounciness! (not an entirely frivolous thought)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mad to think... on 10:22 - Mar 15 with 768 viewsitfc_bucks

Mad to think... on 09:50 - Mar 15 by BondiBlue

There was obviously frimley being frimley but there were also a fair few conversations in which we talked about upgrading right wing. We were obsessed with rak-sakyi for months.

Question is, who's going to surprise us next year in the prem? I'll go early and say mass to be written off 10 minutes after this season's over (and not just by that helmet who claimed he a got a new contract out of sympathy) but wins player of the year.

I'll get shot at for this, but I think Harness might actually do ok in the Prem.

A bit more time and space, less hustle and bustle. He's incredibly good on the ball, doesn't waste possession easily.

I could see him doing well.
Mad to think... on 10:50 - Mar 15 with 685 viewsGeoffSentence

Mad to think... on 22:15 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

*Ahem*

Shame on you Swansea, shame on you.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mad to think... on 11:31 - Mar 15 with 600 viewsBondiBlue

Mad to think... on 10:22 - Mar 15 by itfc_bucks

I'll get shot at for this, but I think Harness might actually do ok in the Prem.

A bit more time and space, less hustle and bustle. He's incredibly good on the ball, doesn't waste possession easily.

I could see him doing well.

You might be onto something - he's far better in the championship than he was in league 1. Christian walton to re-emerge as our number 1 because of how much busier our goalkeeper will have to be.

Mad to think... on 11:40 - Mar 15 with 570 viewsBlueBadger

Mad to think... on 22:15 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

*Ahem*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mad to think... on 11:50 - Mar 15 with 552 viewsDanTheMan

I'll admit I didn't think Burgess would cut it pre-McKenna but he's massively come on since then. Can't recall being worried about him on the jump-up.

Burns has always looked good for me.

I thought Harness wouldn't cut it but I was wrong about that, even if we could improve on him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024