Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. 19:02 - Apr 16 with 3752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Figures!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 19:42 - Apr 16 with 2190 viewsjontysnut

Wow! He's never mentioned that before..
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 19:52 - Apr 16 with 2161 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 19:42 - Apr 16 by jontysnut

Wow! He's never mentioned that before..

...and he loves his country too.

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 19:56 - Apr 16 with 2158 viewsLeaky

And he bred a ?
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 20:09 - Apr 16 with 2129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 19:52 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

...and he loves his country too.

You say that as if it was a bad thing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 20:59 - Apr 16 with 2056 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 19:56 - Apr 16 by Leaky

And he bred a ?

Now why didn’t I think of that!

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. (n/t) on 20:59 - Apr 16 with 2054 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 20:59 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Now why didn’t I think of that!

[Post edited 16 Apr 21:03]

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:03 - Apr 16 with 2035 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 20:09 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

Nationalism is over rated and the sanctuary of those with no substance.

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:08 - Apr 16 with 2022 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:03 - Apr 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nationalism is over rated and the sanctuary of those with no substance.

You do realise that there is a difference between patriotism and nationalism, don't you Banksy?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:28 - Apr 16 with 1999 viewsKropotkin123

Loving ones country breeds complacency. I'd prefer if people wake up, assess it for what it is, and got started on improving it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:32 - Apr 16 with 1984 viewsNeedhamChris

Ah yes, kinder gentler politics.
[Post edited 16 Apr 21:32]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:36 - Apr 16 with 1959 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:28 - Apr 16 by Kropotkin123

Loving ones country breeds complacency. I'd prefer if people wake up, assess it for what it is, and got started on improving it.

Somebody else confusing patriotism with nationalism.

Iron Lion Zion

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:37 - Apr 16 with 1954 viewsJ2BLUE

It is to some...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:46 - Apr 16 with 1920 viewsSwansea_Blue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:08 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

You do realise that there is a difference between patriotism and nationalism, don't you Banksy?

I suspect he does, but there’s probably about X million people in the UK who don’t.

(X = Sun, Express, Daily Mail and Telegraphy readers, GB News followers, anyone else who’s supported Foreign Office policy over the last 14 years, anyone who’s voted UKIP/Reform party or who thinks Farage is a good egg because he likes a pint, 98 % of Brexit voters, anyone who’s bought a Dyson or a JCB or Boris Johnson and anyone else who’s courted Russian spies and honoured their families).

So probably X = around 15 million foolish, misguided people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:47 - Apr 16 with 1911 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Ah a working class man leading Labour, who went to a normal school and went on to be one of the best in his field - it’ll never catch on. Bring back the posh fraud who flunked his privileged education before getting a lifelong ride on the career politician gravy train…
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:52 - Apr 16 with 1895 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:46 - Apr 16 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect he does, but there’s probably about X million people in the UK who don’t.

(X = Sun, Express, Daily Mail and Telegraphy readers, GB News followers, anyone else who’s supported Foreign Office policy over the last 14 years, anyone who’s voted UKIP/Reform party or who thinks Farage is a good egg because he likes a pint, 98 % of Brexit voters, anyone who’s bought a Dyson or a JCB or Boris Johnson and anyone else who’s courted Russian spies and honoured their families).

None of whom are Sir Keir Starmer, so you wasted you time reeling off that list. I would credit SKS with enough intelligence to know the difference between patriotism and nationalism.

If Banksy does indeed understand the difference then why did he use the word 'nationalism' when referring to SKS's love of his country?

[Post edited 16 Apr 21:54]

Iron Lion Zion

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:06 - Apr 16 with 1828 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:47 - Apr 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Ah a working class man leading Labour, who went to a normal school and went on to be one of the best in his field - it’ll never catch on. Bring back the posh fraud who flunked his privileged education before getting a lifelong ride on the career politician gravy train…

It'd odd that Banksy seems more concerned with Starmer's love of his country than he was when his predecessor took money from Iranian state owned media at a time when they were murdering homosexuals, dissidents and journalists, cosied up to people who were in the process of blowing up little kids outside of UK branches of McDonalds and travelling around the world shaking hands with likes of Chavez and Assad.

Iron Lion Zion

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:15 - Apr 16 with 1798 viewsStNeotsBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:46 - Apr 16 by Swansea_Blue

Genuine question but what is wrong with JCB? I used to work for a firm whose main customer was JCB. When our American overlords decided it would suit them to move the whole business to the Czech Republic, which would result in the loss of about 600 relatively well paid jobs JCB stepped in and told them they'd pull the contract if there wasn't some sort of UK base which saved about 200 of those jobs.
[Post edited 16 Apr 22:27]
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:19 - Apr 16 with 1784 viewslowhouseblue

jeez that's a dull line even for you. and where's the link to the guardian. 1/10, must try harder.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:29 - Apr 16 with 1724 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:52 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

None of whom are Sir Keir Starmer, so you wasted you time reeling off that list. I would credit SKS with enough intelligence to know the difference between patriotism and nationalism.

If Banksy does indeed understand the difference then why did he use the word 'nationalism' when referring to SKS's love of his country?

[Post edited 16 Apr 21:54]

Because I think it is the nationalist instinct to which he is trying to appeal.

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:43 - Apr 16 with 1669 viewsKropotkin123

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 21:36 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

Somebody else confusing patriotism with nationalism.

Looking at evidence from around the world, I see no confusion. Just someone hiding behind semantics.

Also: "Patriotism is the feeling of love, devotion, and a sense of attachment to a country or state."

Please feel free to elaborate on how "loving ones country" is different from "the feeling of love... to a country".
[Post edited 16 Apr 22:57]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 04:12 - Apr 17 with 1420 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:06 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

It'd odd that Banksy seems more concerned with Starmer's love of his country than he was when his predecessor took money from Iranian state owned media at a time when they were murdering homosexuals, dissidents and journalists, cosied up to people who were in the process of blowing up little kids outside of UK branches of McDonalds and travelling around the world shaking hands with likes of Chavez and Assad.

That’s unfair - Bankster was outraged by the starvation faced by children in Yemen.

https://www.oxfam.org/en/yemen-brink-conflict-pushing-millions-towards-famine

To be honest I feel a little done with it all on here. I posted about the humanitarian crisis in Yemen as children starved, turned into a thread about Israel. I’m a little disappointed that some of our more balanced posters had no interest.

Make of that what you will, as I say I’m interested in events in the region, I guess it’s partly a reflection of the media reporting.
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 04:33 - Apr 17 with 1414 viewsZapers

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:19 - Apr 16 by lowhouseblue

jeez that's a dull line even for you. and where's the link to the guardian. 1/10, must try harder.

Staying relevant is hugely important to some, even if it means posting rubbish most of the time.
Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 06:46 - Apr 17 with 1369 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 22:43 - Apr 16 by Kropotkin123

Looking at evidence from around the world, I see no confusion. Just someone hiding behind semantics.

Also: "Patriotism is the feeling of love, devotion, and a sense of attachment to a country or state."

Please feel free to elaborate on how "loving ones country" is different from "the feeling of love... to a country".
[Post edited 16 Apr 22:57]

It’s not semantics. There is a big difference between nationalism and
patriotism. Patriotism is based on love and affection whilst nationalism is rooted in resentment and superiority. Nationalism is the belief in one’s country, right or wrong and it tends to come with contempt of other nations and even other cultures in one’s own country. Patriotism is the love of one’s country and pride in all of the different cultures that make up the country. Patriotism also strives to improve the country because of one’s love for it.

Iron Lion Zion

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 07:50 - Apr 17 with 1298 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 04:12 - Apr 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That’s unfair - Bankster was outraged by the starvation faced by children in Yemen.

https://www.oxfam.org/en/yemen-brink-conflict-pushing-millions-towards-famine

To be honest I feel a little done with it all on here. I posted about the humanitarian crisis in Yemen as children starved, turned into a thread about Israel. I’m a little disappointed that some of our more balanced posters had no interest.

Make of that what you will, as I say I’m interested in events in the region, I guess it’s partly a reflection of the media reporting.

Yeah that starving children stuff is just water off a duck's back. You have a strange need to demonise those that do not completely agree with your take on Israel which is bizarre.

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 07:56 - Apr 17 with 1282 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Keir Starmer’s dad was a tool maker. on 06:46 - Apr 17 by GlasgowBlue

It’s not semantics. There is a big difference between nationalism and
patriotism. Patriotism is based on love and affection whilst nationalism is rooted in resentment and superiority. Nationalism is the belief in one’s country, right or wrong and it tends to come with contempt of other nations and even other cultures in one’s own country. Patriotism is the love of one’s country and pride in all of the different cultures that make up the country. Patriotism also strives to improve the country because of one’s love for it.

"Patriotism is the love of one’s country and pride in all of the different cultures that make up the country."

And you think that is the instinct that Starmer and all the others are trying to evoke when they do all that flag stuff and talk of their pride.....nothing to do with boats and Brexit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024