Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... 15:07 - Apr 17 with 2346 viewsBloots

.....firstly, is it too late to enter?

Secondly, how much training do I need to do before Sunday? (I'm probably about a stone overweight but I can already do about 2km on the treadmill)

Finally, what time will I need to finish in for around the top 20?

Cheers.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:38 - Apr 17 with 446 viewsKeno

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:18 - Apr 17 by MK1

I will be in my normal orange running top. I am going to the Excel in London tomorrow to pick up my number and pack. It will tell me where I am starting from.

Where will you park?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:41 - Apr 17 with 445 viewsMK1

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:38 - Apr 17 by Keno

Where will you park?

I hear Gatwick is an option.
London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:43 - Apr 17 with 439 viewsSwansea_Blue

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:41 - Apr 17 by MK1

I hear Gatwick is an option.

If there’s a God of Symmetry, Portman Road car park would be a better bet for anything around London way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 22:05 - Apr 17 with 414 viewsstonojnr

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 17:26 - Apr 17 by NthQldITFC

...Fourthly, can anyone point me to which are the best boozers on the route for the purposes of refreshment and refuelling?

Well the nice people at Cask Marque, based in Colchester btw, have with Nicholsons created this London Marathon inspired pub trail of 46 pubs who all sell London Pride, which is the official beer of the London Marathon, visit ten and get a free London Pride glass...

https://cask-marque.co.uk/london-pride-support-with-pride-ale-trail/
London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:13 - Apr 18 with 343 viewsHelp

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 19:02 - Apr 17 by MK1

I will be doing my 14th on Sunday.
My best time is 3hs 28mins. (1994)

Good luck
London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:17 - Apr 18 with 336 viewsHelp

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:19 - Apr 17 by Mullet

I only run for ice cream vans or if I'm being chased. Don't see the need for running now we have cars.

You weren't one of those following Delia were you?
London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:41 - Apr 18 with 307 viewsBiGDonnie

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 16:31 - Apr 17 by DanTheMan

I've started running recently and I feel like I'm injured way more than when I wasn't exercising.

Therefore we can conclude that exercise is terrible for you.

Running outside on the concrete fcuks you up if you're not used to it. Stick to the treadmill and you'll be fine.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 301 viewsWD19

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 21:19 - Apr 17 by Mullet

I only run for ice cream vans or if I'm being chased. Don't see the need for running now we have cars.

Just think of it as practice for when you are being chased.

Bloots might catch you next time if you get too complacent.
Login to get fewer ads

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:58 - Apr 18 with 292 viewsDanTheMan

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:41 - Apr 18 by BiGDonnie

Running outside on the concrete fcuks you up if you're not used to it. Stick to the treadmill and you'll be fine.

Thing is, I fecking hate the treadmill. I get so bored.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 09:03 - Apr 18 with 284 viewsBiGDonnie

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:58 - Apr 18 by DanTheMan

Ha, I get that. Once you've got past that stage it does become a lot better. Proper play list on, change up the speeds and incline and it's manageable.

The cross-trainer is the best IMO. Better for your knees & ankles IMO.
[Post edited 18 Apr 9:38]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 09:27 - Apr 18 with 268 viewshoppy

London marathon this weekend, a few questions..... on 08:58 - Apr 18 by DanTheMan

Could you do a crossword?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024