Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. 21:54 - Apr 27 with 5240 viewsNutkins_Return

So frustrating. All the hard work. Everything that has come his way has been flapped to their player. Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I feared he could cost us if we go to playoffs but that is sickening to watch. Come on boys.
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:10]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:39 - Apr 27 with 837 viewsStewart27

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:16 - Apr 27 by TractorWood

Hirst scored from a defensive clanger and Omari scored from nothing twice.

We have a Begovic or a Ruddy mold keeper, we win that game. Fact.
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:16]

If we have a Ruddy or Begivic keeper we don’t pick up as many points this season.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:43 - Apr 27 with 802 viewsTrequartista

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:07 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

First and last was Hladky. First was not Hladky alone but it was an atrocious decision to give Morsy the ball there and Morsy should have gone safe with it and given him a big telling to focus.

2nd one was as bad as it gets unfortunately. You either punch it or catch it. It was such a a simple simple catch. Palming it 4 yards back straight into the area is woeful. Woeful. That will be clear in the neutral analysis as it was from the commentary team. So costly. If we go up Hladky takes so much credit for the season. Mistakes happen. But he had made that mistake already tonight and tofun had to score. It's a big big mistake tonight. Doesn't define his or our season but it's costly

He always gives it to Morsy there and Morsy always turns it sideways out to Luke. I just don't know what went through Morsy's head. No blame on Hladky for that at all.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:43 - Apr 27 with 776 viewsFrimleyBlue

Andy Marshall surely?

Hladky was fine tonight. Let down by skipper in the first goal. Flapped at the last. KM will have a word.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:48 - Apr 27 with 744 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:43 - Apr 27 by Trequartista

He always gives it to Morsy there and Morsy always turns it sideways out to Luke. I just don't know what went through Morsy's head. No blame on Hladky for that at all.

Nope. He gives it to Morsy regularly. That's not the same thing as the situation Morsy got that ball. Morsy however absolutely messed up as well.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:49 - Apr 27 with 731 viewsChurchman

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:43 - Apr 27 by Trequartista

The player was running Morsy down. Morsy doesn’t have eyes in the back of his head. The keeper could see what was in front of him. It was his responsibility to clear it. Playing a hospital ball to Morsy really was a poor option.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:51 - Apr 27 with 708 viewsacj

I made a similar mistake to this when we lost to Leeds at home earlier this season (reactive post on the forum in the heat of the moment, in response to a couple of what I perceived as bad Hladky errors) and quite rightly got panned as you have been on this one.

To be fair, Vaz has his limitations and makes mistakes sometimes, but he’s saved us a lot more points than he’s cost us over the course of the season. I really didn’t think he was capable of making the step up he has made this year, but he’s proved me well wrong.

FWIW, I’d say the first one tonight was more at Morsy’s door than Hladky’s, and he could have done better on the third but was also pretty unlucky that it’s fallen straight to Ohio given it’s a quick, instinctive reaction save.

We move on to Tuesday. Win at Cov and tonight will look like a great point!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:51 - Apr 27 with 703 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:49 - Apr 27 by Churchman

The player was running Morsy down. Morsy doesn’t have eyes in the back of his head. The keeper could see what was in front of him. It was his responsibility to clear it. Playing a hospital ball to Morsy really was a poor option.

Yep. Morsy overplayed still but it just didn't need that situation. I think people think I'm digging Hladky out for that one but I'm really not. Forgivable given how we play but it was the second half stuff that drove me mad.

I've never had a major down vot post before though so I've had my worst performance as well!!! Hopefully people can forgive my performance also. :)
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:51 - Apr 27 with 702 viewsSuffolktractor

Ridiculous post.
After the season we have had you think it’s ok to trash one of our main contributors to where we are in the league. Each and every one of our squad has been brilliant and each and every one has had a few dodgy moments.
Yet you think it’s ok to have a go at one of our team.
We are a team, and we stick together.
Shame on you.
Login to get fewer ads

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:52 - Apr 27 with 661 viewsFrimleyBlue

Altho. The play comes from behind. Hladky can't see through morsy, he's asked for it. The trust from hladky like all other times is morsy knows what he's going to do with the ball.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:52 - Apr 27 with 681 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:51 - Apr 27 by acj

I made a similar mistake to this when we lost to Leeds at home earlier this season (reactive post on the forum in the heat of the moment, in response to a couple of what I perceived as bad Hladky errors) and quite rightly got panned as you have been on this one.

To be fair, Vaz has his limitations and makes mistakes sometimes, but he’s saved us a lot more points than he’s cost us over the course of the season. I really didn’t think he was capable of making the step up he has made this year, but he’s proved me well wrong.

FWIW, I’d say the first one tonight was more at Morsy’s door than Hladky’s, and he could have done better on the third but was also pretty unlucky that it’s fallen straight to Ohio given it’s a quick, instinctive reaction save.

We move on to Tuesday. Win at Cov and tonight will look like a great point!

I agree with you.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:54 - Apr 27 with 647 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:51 - Apr 27 by Suffolktractor

Ridiculous post.
After the season we have had you think it’s ok to trash one of our main contributors to where we are in the league. Each and every one of our squad has been brilliant and each and every one has had a few dodgy moments.
Yet you think it’s ok to have a go at one of our team.
We are a team, and we stick together.
Shame on you.

That's over the top (as my original post was).

I think it ok to be critical of that performance. It's a shame and he has contributed to this season for sure. My post was emotional and OTT. Maybe my first of the sort. It was important tonight. I've fronted up to it.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:00 - Apr 27 with 591 viewsacj

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:54 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

That's over the top (as my original post was).

I think it ok to be critical of that performance. It's a shame and he has contributed to this season for sure. My post was emotional and OTT. Maybe my first of the sort. It was important tonight. I've fronted up to it.

Don’t worry too much about the reactions, Nutters. People were the same on my post back in August, and some responses were well over the top (even had a couple saying they would love to give me a punch, etc.) Just as you reacted emotionally to the game today, some will react emotionally to your post in defence of Vaz.

People will soon forget, and anyone with more than half a brain cell will realise you’re generally a pretty balanced poster that’s been here on the forum a long time.

We’re all blues here! Uppa Town!

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:04 - Apr 27 with 547 viewsNeedhamChris

Some might wonder if you are a bot sent from the future (by Ipswich marketing team of 2037) to act like a complete cretin to deflect attention away from the team.

;)
[Post edited 27 Apr 23:05]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:07 - Apr 27 with 505 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:00 - Apr 27 by acj

Don’t worry too much about the reactions, Nutters. People were the same on my post back in August, and some responses were well over the top (even had a couple saying they would love to give me a punch, etc.) Just as you reacted emotionally to the game today, some will react emotionally to your post in defence of Vaz.

People will soon forget, and anyone with more than half a brain cell will realise you’re generally a pretty balanced poster that’s been here on the forum a long time.

We’re all blues here! Uppa Town!

Totally get the response. People defending the team is admirable. Stand by my more calm critique of the errors but don't stand by my own opening post severity. Cheers bud.

I've given it the Ferguson when it needed the McKenna (after he'd calmed down)
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:08 - Apr 27 with 493 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:04 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

Some might wonder if you are a bot sent from the future (by Ipswich marketing team of 2037) to act like a complete cretin to deflect attention away from the team.

;)
[Post edited 27 Apr 23:05]

Haha this is funny but also a bit stalky after the first one....
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:09 - Apr 27 with 474 viewsEdmundo

Just button it and get behind the team. 2 games from promotion? You'd have prostituted your gran for this 4 yeats ago.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:11 - Apr 27 with 448 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:08 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Haha this is funny but also a bit stalky after the first one....

Yeah I should have just gone with this one.

Fair play though, it's an emotional game!

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:12 - Apr 27 with 432 viewsacj

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:09 - Apr 27 by Edmundo

Just button it and get behind the team. 2 games from promotion? You'd have prostituted your gran for this 4 yeats ago.

I’d have thought about it 4 weeks ago! 😂

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:12 - Apr 27 with 423 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:11 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

Yeah I should have just gone with this one.

Fair play though, it's an emotional game!

It is indeed.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:13 - Apr 27 with 402 viewsTrequartista

Morsy doesn't need eyes in the back of his head to see Woolfenden to his left in acres.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:14 - Apr 27 with 369 viewspointofblue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:13 - Apr 27 by Trequartista

Morsy doesn't need eyes in the back of his head to see Woolfenden to his left in acres.

Oh was it Woolfy? Thought it was Burgess.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:15 - Apr 27 with 347 viewsTrequartista

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:51 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Yep. Morsy overplayed still but it just didn't need that situation. I think people think I'm digging Hladky out for that one but I'm really not. Forgivable given how we play but it was the second half stuff that drove me mad.

I've never had a major down vot post before though so I've had my worst performance as well!!! Hopefully people can forgive my performance also. :)

You're allowed your opinion of course, my guess is you stating not remembering a worse goalkeeping display is what has gained the downvotes.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:16 - Apr 27 with 336 viewsSuffolktractor

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:13 - Apr 27 by Trequartista

Agree, Woolfie was the outball.
Not sure how goalie was at fault for that.
But hey, let’s have a go at some one.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:19 - Apr 27 with 315 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:15 - Apr 27 by Trequartista

You're allowed your opinion of course, my guess is you stating not remembering a worse goalkeeping display is what has gained the downvotes.

Yes. I think stating that did get me the downvotes.
[Post edited 27 Apr 23:23]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:19 - Apr 27 with 314 viewsTrequartista

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 23:14 - Apr 27 by pointofblue

Oh was it Woolfy? Thought it was Burgess.

They are both available! But Morsy is right-footed and does that sweep pass to Woolfenden week-in, week-out. You can see Woolfenden gesture as if to say "why didn't that go to me?".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024