Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Lights were incredible tonight 00:12 - May 11 with 1714 viewsstickymockwell

Another thing ticked off the bucket list.
I wish I could post photos on here. I've got some corkers

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 00:14 - May 11 with 1682 viewsstickymockwell

Opps
I was on football posts and didn't see the other thread

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 00:15 - May 11 with 1677 viewsnorth_stand77

Absolutely fantastic here in Stowmarket area.
Have taken some stunning photos in last hour or so, first time I've ever seen them!
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 00:21 - May 11 with 1643 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 00:28 - May 11 with 1609 viewsstickymockwell

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 00:15 - May 11 by north_stand77

Absolutely fantastic here in Stowmarket area.
Have taken some stunning photos in last hour or so, first time I've ever seen them!

I'm in Ringshall. No light pollution either

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 01:01 - May 11 with 1575 viewsGuthrum

I'm just having visions of Day of the Triffids.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 06:24 - May 11 with 1436 viewsdickie

Bum! I missed this, was out for the count last night? Hopefully the geomagnetic storm that caused it is still going and they're visible again tonight!
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 07:10 - May 11 with 1360 viewsDeano69

I hear it should be very visible again tonight (Saturday)
[Post edited 11 May 7:10]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 07:58 - May 11 with 1250 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 01:01 - May 11 by Guthrum

I'm just having visions of Day of the Triffids.

Over to Leitrim in 5.....4.......3....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 08:20 - May 11 with 1204 viewsWhos_blue

I can't attach photos, but I live just north west of Cambridge and they looked amazing. Never seen them before.
Stunning.
[Post edited 11 May 8:24]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 08:20 - May 11 with 1203 viewsBuhrer

I've enjoyed Northern lights many times over the years, though probably not as much as a nice afghan kush. Perhaps one day we'll be able to openly share photos eh.
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 09:17 - May 11 with 1104 viewsFtnfwest

Went out twice in back garden Hertfordshire (9pm, 11pm) nothing. When were they?
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 09:19 - May 11 with 1100 viewsMJallday

Absolutely stunning. It’s been on my bucket list to see them and finally last night I did

You could see them with naked eye moving - and I did get some great pics too

[Post edited 11 May 9:21]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 09:32 - May 11 with 1047 viewsSwansea_Blue

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 09:17 - May 11 by Ftnfwest

Went out twice in back garden Hertfordshire (9pm, 11pm) nothing. When were they?

8:59 and 10:59

It can be a hit and miss. I’ve seen them a few times in Iceland and it can often involve a lot of patience and a sore neck!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:15 - May 11 with 971 viewsRyorry

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 09:32 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

8:59 and 10:59

It can be a hit and miss. I’ve seen them a few times in Iceland and it can often involve a lot of patience and a sore neck!

Not to mention looking North & a clear sky in that direction!

Anyone know if they're definitely likely again tonight? Got the Aurora Alerts app, but they don't seem to forecast more than about 30 minutes ahead?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:25 - May 11 with 943 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:15 - May 11 by Ryorry

Anyone know if they're definitely likely again tonight? Got the Aurora Alerts app, but they don't seem to forecast more than about 30 minutes ahead?

They were visible East, West and directly overhead here last night but the sky was very clear at that point.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:40 - May 11 with 921 viewsMJallday

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:25 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

They were visible East, West and directly overhead here last night but the sky was very clear at that point.

They covered the entire sky In every direction last night

Tonight they are allegedly visible again but I’m not sure as strong. The forecast tends to only be short term so I find that Twitter / x searches tends to be a bit more reliable
Than just looking up and hoping .

Also I alert for posts from this lot.

https://x.com/aurorawatchuk?s=21&t=itfMpUa5lCwy_wifb0-msA

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:42 - May 11 with 904 viewsfarkenhell

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:15 - May 11 by Ryorry

We took our children on a 24 hour trip to Lapland a few years ago and our guide told me that apparently the experts can't forecast any more than 20-30 minutes (leading to many unhappy visitors).

According to this BBC article, all of the essential ingredients should be in place for another show tonight, so I suppose this is as good as it gets!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1ej1kk0d88o
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:47 - May 11 with 885 viewsMeadowlark

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:42 - May 11 by farkenhell

We took our children on a 24 hour trip to Lapland a few years ago and our guide told me that apparently the experts can't forecast any more than 20-30 minutes (leading to many unhappy visitors).

According to this BBC article, all of the essential ingredients should be in place for another show tonight, so I suppose this is as good as it gets!

In Lowestoft we had fog!
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:49 - May 11 with 877 viewsMJallday

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:42 - May 11 by farkenhell

In actual fact the KP level is that high you’d see them right now in the U.K.
(Unfortunately the big sun sort of prevents that)

But it’s a big geomagnetic storm that’s hitting the earth right now, which should persist all weekend
Chances are that tonight will be decent (tommorow storms are due in , certainly here) So tonight could be decent

Keep an eye on that Twitter site and also this site, which is a visual representation (but it’s got a lead/lag time so I find Twitter is better)

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 15:36 - May 11 with 779 viewsRyorry

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:49 - May 11 by MJallday

In actual fact the KP level is that high you’d see them right now in the U.K.
(Unfortunately the big sun sort of prevents that)

But it’s a big geomagnetic storm that’s hitting the earth right now, which should persist all weekend
Chances are that tonight will be decent (tommorow storms are due in , certainly here) So tonight could be decent

Keep an eye on that Twitter site and also this site, which is a visual representation (but it’s got a lead/lag time so I find Twitter is better)

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast

That's great, cheers 👍

Praying for clear skies in N. Yorkshire!

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 16:37 - May 11 with 733 viewsGlory_Hunter

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 11:47 - May 11 by Meadowlark

In Lowestoft we had fog!

That's probably for the best.
Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 10:47 - May 12 with 375 viewsRyorry

Northern Lights were incredible tonight on 15:36 - May 11 by Ryorry

That's great, cheers 👍

Praying for clear skies in N. Yorkshire!

Haze & cloud between 21.45 & 01.30, so saw nowt dammit. Though the sky did seem unusually bright for this phase of the moon (waxing crescent).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024