Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeovil 12:03 - May 14 with 2091 viewsFBI

On the SWITFC WhatsApp group we were reminiscing about low attendance games and I remembered scraping a grim1-0 under Mick at Huish Park 10 years 2 months ago in front of less than 6K fans.

Horrible game but the BBC report makes interesting reading, especially the lineups...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26428524

PS: if you're in the greater South West, our WhatsApp group is close to 300. Give us a shout to join :-)

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Yeovil on 12:06 - May 14 with 2014 viewsSteve_M

Burton away at the start of 2021-22 was far lower than that, it was a bit surprising as their first home game in since covid too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yeovil on 12:07 - May 14 with 2007 viewsIllinoisblue

Green and Richardson on our bench… genuinely struggling to remember who they are

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yeovil on 12:11 - May 14 with 1969 viewsWacko

Yeovil on 12:07 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

Green and Richardson on our bench… genuinely struggling to remember who they are

Paul Green and Frazer Richardson, ex Leeds players

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Yeovil on 12:12 - May 14 with 1956 viewsFBI

Yeovil on 12:07 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

I had to Google Paul Green. The Irish Gattuso according to Trapattoni :-D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Green_(footballer,_born_1983)

Yeovil on 12:14 - May 14 with 1941 viewsGuthrum

I was there. Remember the yomp through a housing estate to the nearest pub and the ground so quiet you could hear the managers shouting.

And I'm already on the WhatsApp!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Yeovil on 12:14 - May 14 with 1920 viewsFBI

Yeovil on 12:14 - May 14 by Guthrum

I was there. Remember the yomp through a housing estate to the nearest pub and the ground so quiet you could hear the managers shouting.

And I'm already on the WhatsApp!

Heheh. Wotcher :-)

Dave G

Yeovil on 12:15 - May 14 with 1913 viewsweepingx2018

some interesting positions in the BBC line ups - Smith in midfield, Cressy centre backs alongside Skuse??!!
Yeovil on 12:15 - May 14 with 1913 viewsmonty_radio

Typical balance of that earlier time under Mick with 6 players, at that time, genuine Championship players, and five who were never quite that. Even though 2015 showed better things, we were never quite able to field a team that felt genuine contenders.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Yeovil on 12:20 - May 14 with 1854 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeovil on 12:15 - May 14 by monty_radio

Typical balance of that earlier time under Mick with 6 players, at that time, genuine Championship players, and five who were never quite that. Even though 2015 showed better things, we were never quite able to field a team that felt genuine contenders.

He spent most of his time here with one hand tied behind his back, and sometimes two, didn't he? I'm sure he'd have had a much better go at getting us promoted with a slightly better squad. We seemed over-reliant on that little bit of genuine quality at any given time (Murph, McGoldrick, Waghorn/Garner). Lose that and we were very 'meh' throughout the rest of the squad.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeovil on 12:29 - May 14 with 1752 viewsIllinoisblue

Yeovil on 12:11 - May 14 by Wacko

Paul Green and Frazer Richardson, ex Leeds players

Alongside Giles Coke and Leon Best in the Evans Era Hall of Shame

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Yeovil on 12:35 - May 14 with 1718 viewsLamp

Looks like big Keif came on as a sub for Yeovil in that game
Yeovil on 12:41 - May 14 with 1688 viewsitfcjoe

Yeovil on 12:35 - May 14 by Lamp

Looks like big Keif came on as a sub for Yeovil in that game

He clattered the post, and that was the performance that alerted Mick to him - probably the most important substitute appearance of his career as he may not have had one without it!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yeovil on 12:49 - May 14 with 1607 viewsfooters

If they wanted more people to show up they should've had Jet from Gladiators as the half-time entertainment.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Yeovil on 12:54 - May 14 with 1546 viewsJackSted

I was there. Bunked off college and went with my mate

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Yeovil on 13:00 - May 14 with 1461 viewsleitrimblue

Yeovil on 12:49 - May 14 by footers

If they wanted more people to show up they should've had Jet from Gladiators as the half-time entertainment.

One of my (possibly my only) lifetime regret is that I've never had the chance to test myself on how long I can dangle from a bit of rope while Jet straddles my head and attempts to loosen my grip by rapidly shaking and clenching her thighs..
Yeovil on 13:00 - May 14 with 1469 viewsexeterblue10

It was a chilly evening on the away end. Town support was pretty sparse so my wife and I took up several different positions (steady) on the open terrace just because we could. Kieffer Moore hit the post for Yeovil and Tom Lawrence was playing up front for them and looked two leagues above everyone else. Not much else to remember. Toilets reminiscent of cow sheds. Hot chocolate with all the chocolate at the bottom of the cup. We could have become Yeovil if we'd been careful what we wished for...
Yeovil on 13:01 - May 14 with 1435 viewsdavblue

Yeovil on 13:00 - May 14 by exeterblue10

It was a chilly evening on the away end. Town support was pretty sparse so my wife and I took up several different positions (steady) on the open terrace just because we could. Kieffer Moore hit the post for Yeovil and Tom Lawrence was playing up front for them and looked two leagues above everyone else. Not much else to remember. Toilets reminiscent of cow sheds. Hot chocolate with all the chocolate at the bottom of the cup. We could have become Yeovil if we'd been careful what we wished for...

Luke Ayling in that group as well.
Yeovil on 13:07 - May 14 with 1359 viewsexeterblue10

Yeovil on 13:01 - May 14 by davblue

Luke Ayling in that group as well.

Blimey, so he was. I don't remember him from that game at all.
Yeovil on 13:35 - May 14 with 1211 viewsOsborneOneNil

Presuming you’re on the SW WhatsApp group bud?
Yeovil on 13:58 - May 14 with 1077 viewsexeterblue10

Yeovil on 13:35 - May 14 by OsborneOneNil

Presuming you’re on the SW WhatsApp group bud?

Yep
Yeovil on 20:37 - May 14 with 568 viewsbrogansnose

There was a burger van behind the terrace and I came away stinking of fat all the way back to EA and on the way back realised that I hadn't booked the day off work.............which was nice.

A match remembered for the industrial Molynicke size toilet roll thrown onto the pitch by one of our own to much mirth by us and the Yeovil goalie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024