Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen 09:27 - May 21 with 35803 viewsitfcjoe

Rob Edwards seems to be the only name mentioned yet so presume there is something in that

If we want the most continuity I would be doing what it takes to get Michael Carrick out of Boro, he signed a new deal a week or so back and very bought into the project there but I really like him too. Very tough deal to do I imagine.

I think the Pl may be a step too far, but had we stayed down I'd have been all over Danny Rohl, he strikes me as the most McKenna like as a career coach, great experience and done a fantastic job at Sheff Weds, really impressive and seems to 'get it' judging by their fan base.

Also, another name not seen mentioned much is Steve Cooper, did really well in the mad house that is Nottingham Forest, great developer of young players and good PL experience.

I've seen a few say Graham Potter but he feels unrealistic when you see the jobs linked with, is still being paid an exorbitant amount by Chelsea so not sure we'd have the clout to attract him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 15:28 - May 22 with 2453 viewsNaim1995

If we're truly ambitious - Ruud van Nistelrooy, Bruno Genesio, Jorge Sampaoli are available.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 08:32 - May 23 with 2214 viewsGavTWTD

Just bumping this excellent thread.

I can't see anywhere where Carrick has signed his new contract.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 08:35 - May 23 with 2187 viewspointofblue

As an aside Danny Rohl is going to be a studio pundit for ITV at the Euros.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:47 - May 23 with 2048 viewsitfcjoe

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 08:32 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Just bumping this excellent thread.

I can't see anywhere where Carrick has signed his new contract.

I'd read a National report on it in Telegraph(?) but was obviously more a 'to sign' than 'signs' as this is from their local paper yesterday

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-rivals-f

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:48 - May 23 with 2040 viewsitfcjoe

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 08:35 - May 23 by pointofblue

As an aside Danny Rohl is going to be a studio pundit for ITV at the Euros.

Might have to see what Mark Ashton says about that....!

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:57 - May 23 with 1947 viewsITFCBlues

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:48 - May 23 by itfcjoe

Might have to see what Mark Ashton says about that....!

do you think he'd be a front runner?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:59 - May 23 with 1910 viewsKieran_Knows

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:57 - May 23 by ITFCBlues

I'd hope he is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:07 - May 23 with 1843 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:57 - May 23 by ITFCBlues

Isn’t there a massive release clause in his contract - something like £10m?
[Post edited 23 May 10:16]

Login to get fewer ads

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:07 - May 23 with 1838 viewsKieran_Knows

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:07 - May 23 by pointofblue

Isn’t there a massive release clause in his contract - something like £10m?
[Post edited 23 May 10:16]

£5m for Rohl, £5m for his staff.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:09 - May 23 with 1802 viewsITFCBlues

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:07 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

Christ, surely we're not paying that!?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:15 - May 23 with 1736 viewsitfcjoe

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:07 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

I just can't believe that is true, they are trying to renegotiate a new contract at the moment and just wouldn't be with this in place - might be a big fee for him but not in a million years is that the fee for his staff
[Post edited 23 May 10:15]

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:15 - May 23 with 1729 viewsportmanking

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:09 - May 23 by ITFCBlues

Christ, surely we're not paying that!?

Led to believe McKenna's compensation isn't far off that combined fee, so we wouldn't be much out of pocket.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:16 - May 23 with 1719 viewsportmanking

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:15 - May 23 by itfcjoe

I just can't believe that is true, they are trying to renegotiate a new contract at the moment and just wouldn't be with this in place - might be a big fee for him but not in a million years is that the fee for his staff

I don't think I've ever heard backroom staff costing as much as a manager. It does seem very unrealistic.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:17 - May 23 with 1681 viewsKieran_Knows

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:15 - May 23 by itfcjoe

God knows, just saw that in a couple places. Has got a big backroom staff with him, so suspect they would cost a bit, albeit not quite £5m.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:23 - May 23 with 1580 viewsitfcjoe

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:17 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

God knows, just saw that in a couple places. Has got a big backroom staff with him, so suspect they would cost a bit, albeit not quite £5m.

It's not that big, seems to be

Henrik Pederson - Assistant Head Coach
Chris Powell - Assistant Coach
Sal Bibbo - GK Coach
Sascha Lense - Performance Manager

Bearing in mind we'll be losing Pert, Turnbull, Grant and Gilmartin

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:26 - May 23 with 1381 viewsitfc1108

I just had a terrible thought, about a name that I don't think I have seen mentioned yet.
Lampard.
Feel free to delete this post Phil, so nobody at Portman road gets any ideas.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:41 - May 23 with 1294 viewsGlasgowBlue

Other than Rob Edwards name being casually floated abouted, I would have thought that if KM was off Ashton would be actively pursuing a replacement and there's no way that would happen without some media leaks like we've seen regarding KM going to Brighton/Chelsea/Man U.

I appreciate the McKenna deal went under the radar in 2021 but the spotlight is firmly on us now.

No way Ashton sits back and lets KM go and then starts courting potential replacements, so this leads em to conclude that we are confident of keeping him and a lot of hat we are reading is speculation and agent talk.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:44 - May 23 with 1276 viewsRobTheMonk

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:26 - May 23 by itfc1108

I just had a terrible thought, about a name that I don't think I have seen mentioned yet.
Lampard.
Feel free to delete this post Phil, so nobody at Portman road gets any ideas.

No chance. If that happens then we’ve well and truly lost the plot.

If he Mck jumps ship I’ll be disappointed as it gives the impression that he’s done as much as he feels he can do with Ipswich.

It also leaves us in an unknown situation going into our biggest season for over 20 years.

Perhaps he doesn’t fancy being the one that has to split apart the squad we’ve had over the past two years which let’s be honest, is going to be needed. Leave on the biggest high that you’re realistically going to get.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:53 - May 23 with 1217 viewsGlasgowBlue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:44 - May 23 by RobTheMonk

No chance. If that happens then we’ve well and truly lost the plot.

If he Mck jumps ship I’ll be disappointed as it gives the impression that he’s done as much as he feels he can do with Ipswich.

It also leaves us in an unknown situation going into our biggest season for over 20 years.

Perhaps he doesn’t fancy being the one that has to split apart the squad we’ve had over the past two years which let’s be honest, is going to be needed. Leave on the biggest high that you’re realistically going to get.

In fairness he had a decent first season with Chelsea when they had a transfer embargo. But he's not the man to come in to what would be a slightly demoralised squad (everyone loves McKenna) and rebuild what is basically a League One team into a Premier League team that avoids relegation.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 00:35 - May 24 with 889 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 11:53 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness he had a decent first season with Chelsea when they had a transfer embargo. But he's not the man to come in to what would be a slightly demoralised squad (everyone loves McKenna) and rebuild what is basically a League One team into a Premier League team that avoids relegation.

We’re talking about Lampard? He’s like Chelsea’s version of Magilton - fine with no money but creaked under the pressure of increased expectations. He really should have stayed at Derby; the Chelsea move was disastrous for him. He’s nowhere near the same calibre of manager as McKenna but I think he could have made a go of building a reasonable career if Chelsea hadn’t wooed him back.

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 07:17 - May 24 with 626 viewsSimonds92

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 00:35 - May 24 by pointofblue

We’re talking about Lampard? He’s like Chelsea’s version of Magilton - fine with no money but creaked under the pressure of increased expectations. He really should have stayed at Derby; the Chelsea move was disastrous for him. He’s nowhere near the same calibre of manager as McKenna but I think he could have made a go of building a reasonable career if Chelsea hadn’t wooed him back.

That's massively disrespectful to Magilton. I'd much rather have him in charge than Lampard. Derby fans didnt rate him either, they wanted him gone anyway and were amazed they actually managed to get compensation for him!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024