Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football 16:15 - May 22 with 1820 viewsAsa

Anybody, that I would say is entirely likely to be full of integrity, gratitude and make a decisions based on all of the facts it's McKenna.

It doesn't mean he won't leave, he won't be offered an offer he can't turn down but if there was any one manager I'd want in this situation, that I thought felt they had unfinished business, owed the club, owed the fans, knew the grass wasn't greener, wanted to see just how far they could go, it's McKenna.

All we can do now is sit back and see. I think we can also all be confident in the owners and Ashton doing everything they can to keep him too. So if ultimately he decides to move on, there's literally nothing we can do but thank him, wish him well and plan for the future.

I personally don't think McKenna has come this far, building the entire club from top to bottom with his players, to get us into the top flight, in his first job, in a fairytale that's not far off a statue worthy achievement at plenty of other clubs, just to move onto a club that is ahead of now but could be behind us in a year or two, or is ahead of where we'll ever be but a circus full of players who just haven't done it for several arguably world class managers.

Every single element of this that would help us, the ambition, the momentum, the owner, the players, the manager, the connection is at the very highest possible level. So if it did happen then at least we can know there was absolutely nothing more we could have done and no regrets in terms of keeping him.

It was clear from day one he was special and clear soon after he was going to be world class. My big worry was that he'd be lured away before we got this far.

It's going to be a long summer potentially!
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 16:26 - May 22 with 1734 viewsnodge_blue

I think hes going now.

Kieron knows that this conjecture is not helpful for the club and summer plans and he would have put it to bed a bit more if he was set on staying. I think the club will be in a good place for the start of the season was just his way of saying though i wont be here, plans are in place and you will be good to go.

Probably to Brighton tomorrow. I dont see him drawing it out.

Ive done a couple of the grieving stages and coming to a grudging acceptance, even though i still say f@@k brighton, who we could have overtaken if he had stayed.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 17:01 - May 22 with 1565 viewsDinDjarin

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 16:26 - May 22 by nodge_blue

I think hes going now.

Kieron knows that this conjecture is not helpful for the club and summer plans and he would have put it to bed a bit more if he was set on staying. I think the club will be in a good place for the start of the season was just his way of saying though i wont be here, plans are in place and you will be good to go.

Ive done a couple of the grieving stages and coming to a grudging acceptance, even though i still say f@@k brighton, who we could have overtaken if he had stayed.

What a load of shiite.

The tabloids and their daily guesswork will have no affect on the club and how they are going about their business.
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 18:36 - May 22 with 1317 viewsFrimleyBlue

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 16:26 - May 22 by nodge_blue

I think hes going now.

It's really not difficult to say, im delighted to be linked with the clubs mentioned, however this is a project i've taken to the premier league and I want to be the one to see it through it's first season at the very least.

anything other than that is........... my agent want's big money, I want big money, he who bids highest wins.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 18:52 - May 22 with 1204 viewsbackwaywhen

Post of the day …..
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:07 - May 22 with 1115 viewsWakh

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 18:36 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

It's really not difficult to say, im delighted to be linked with the clubs mentioned, however this is a project i've taken to the premier league and I want to be the one to see it through it's first season at the very least.

anything other than that is........... my agent want's big money, I want big money, he who bids highest wins.

Only it’s not is it?

Surely he would talk to these clubs, find out the budget, expectancy and negotiate his team and a structure to establish who does what, then discuss salary and ensure the salary is right for those he wants to bring and whether they actually want to go there with him. Those lesser roles may need a bigger discussion with family etc.
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:15 - May 22 with 1055 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 18:36 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

This is incredibly disrespectful towards Kieran. Making accusations about his personal integrity, and that it’s all about his own financial gain, based on unconfirmed press articles and rumours is the actions of entitled fans - we have never been like that, and left it to the likes of Leeds fans.

He is a man driven by data and facts. He may still be ascertaining what budget and freedom he has at ITFC before making any decision. Until then he will rightly keep his options open, and commit to nothing publicly.

I don’t know if he’ll stay or go this summer, but I trust him to do it with integrity.

Kieran owes us nothing, we owe him for the past 2 1/2 years. We should show him respect for that, and accept whatever decision he makes.

Much of the speculation, accusations and downright disrespect being demonstrated on the forum right now could well convince Kieran to move on - I truly hope he doesn’t read or hear about much of what is being written here …
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:18 - May 22 with 1032 viewsFrimleyBlue

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:15 - May 22 by SuffolkPunchFC

This is incredibly disrespectful towards Kieran. Making accusations about his personal integrity, and that it’s all about his own financial gain, based on unconfirmed press articles and rumours is the actions of entitled fans - we have never been like that, and left it to the likes of Leeds fans.

He is a man driven by data and facts. He may still be ascertaining what budget and freedom he has at ITFC before making any decision. Until then he will rightly keep his options open, and commit to nothing publicly.

I don’t know if he’ll stay or go this summer, but I trust him to do it with integrity.

Kieran owes us nothing, we owe him for the past 2 1/2 years. We should show him respect for that, and accept whatever decision he makes.

Much of the speculation, accusations and downright disrespect being demonstrated on the forum right now could well convince Kieran to move on - I truly hope he doesn’t read or hear about much of what is being written here …

No accusations mentioned.

Just that it's very very easy to put this all to bed. Incredibly easy.

And sorry but KM owes the club as much as the club owes him. We took the risk. The club has given him the tools to have his name linked.

I hope he does read it.

Commit or go. Best interest of the club to have this sorted rather than kms agents playing silly fkers.

Waka waka eh eh

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:21 - May 22 with 998 viewsMK1

That is all lovely, but money and ambition talk. IF and it's a big IF, but IF Man Utd come for him, then he is gone.
Login to get fewer ads

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:22 - May 22 with 993 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:18 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

And sorry but KM owes the club as much as the club owes him. We took the risk. The club has given him the tools to have his name linked.

I hope he does read it.

Commit or go. Best interest of the club to have this sorted rather than kms agents playing silly fkers.

Kieran owes the club? How do you work that out?

Because we gave him a contract when at our lowest end in 90 years?

And he got us promoted two years running.

I think he has credit in the bank, personally!
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:26 - May 22 with 956 viewsFrimleyBlue

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:22 - May 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

It isn't a who's dk is bigger competition. But to say he owes nothing to the club is massively wrong.

We were the perfect first club to give him the job. Solid squad of champ players brought down to league 1, financial support to boost that squad. Owners spending on pitches. Training ground etc etc.
He could have gone to a forest Green for example and walled into a sht show.

So yes the club and supporters owes a lot to him for what he and the players don't forget have achieved but don't forget the club gave him the foundations to do it.

Waka waka eh eh

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:26 - May 22 with 959 viewsSuffolkPunchFC

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:22 - May 22 by ArnoldMoorhen

Completely Agree.

And FrimleyBlue says he's not mentioned any accusation. However indirect it may be in his eyes, Kieran hasn't said anything so he clearly accuses him of falling into his second paragraph.
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:32 - May 22 with 920 viewsfooters

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:26 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

It isn't a who's dk is bigger competition. But to say he owes nothing to the club is massively wrong.

We were the perfect first club to give him the job. Solid squad of champ players brought down to league 1, financial support to boost that squad. Owners spending on pitches. Training ground etc etc.
He could have gone to a forest Green for example and walled into a sht show.

So yes the club and supporters owes a lot to him for what he and the players don't forget have achieved but don't forget the club gave him the foundations to do it.

And don't get all the unconditional support he got as a rookie manager right from the off from the vast, vast majority of our fanbase.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:33 - May 22 with 901 viewsFrimleyBlue

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:32 - May 22 by footers

And don't get all the unconditional support he got as a rookie manager right from the off from the vast, vast majority of our fanbase.

Apart from the odd dk who didn't but grew to love him very quickly.

Waka waka eh eh

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:34 - May 22 with 896 viewsAsa

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:18 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

I hope he does read it.

Put what to bed though?

If any of us were offered a better paid job, at a better workplace, with better prospects of promotion, development, satisfaction, then of course we'd consider it. Would be mad not to.

If Ratcliffe comes to him and says you're the man to lead your boyhood club back to glory, here's £750m, we will give you 4 years to build anything you want at Old Trafford, clear out the deadwood and here's three times what Ipswich are planning to pay you why on earth would he stay here?

He's a manager that could comfortably be in the Champions League in 12 months time if he progresses the way I expect him too. No matter how much he loves us and we love him, there are certain clubs in world football we will never emulate and one of them knows him, may be interested in him and he supports them. We literally cannot compete with United if he thinks they will give him the tools to succeed there.
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 21:43 - May 22 with 657 viewsstonojnr

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:21 - May 22 by MK1

That is all lovely, but money and ambition talk. IF and it's a big IF, but IF Man Utd come for him, then he is gone.

it feels a bit early for Christmas bantz, but oh no he wont be.
I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 21:53 - May 22 with 565 viewsFrimleyBlue

I am somewhat comforted by the fact that if there is anybody in football on 19:34 - May 22 by Asa

Put what to bed though?

If any of us were offered a better paid job, at a better workplace, with better prospects of promotion, development, satisfaction, then of course we'd consider it. Would be mad not to.

If Ratcliffe comes to him and says you're the man to lead your boyhood club back to glory, here's £750m, we will give you 4 years to build anything you want at Old Trafford, clear out the deadwood and here's three times what Ipswich are planning to pay you why on earth would he stay here?

He's a manager that could comfortably be in the Champions League in 12 months time if he progresses the way I expect him too. No matter how much he loves us and we love him, there are certain clubs in world football we will never emulate and one of them knows him, may be interested in him and he supports them. We literally cannot compete with United if he thinks they will give him the tools to succeed there.

Honestly I don't think there's any chance utd will look at him.
Same with Chelsea

Its all about Brighton imo

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024