Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna keen on Chelsea job 22:09 - May 22 with 10410 viewsSitfcB

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13449069/Kieran-McKenna-Mauri
[Post edited 22 May 22:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:11 - May 22 with 5547 viewsWoolfenthen

In the Mail so must be true
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:12 - May 22 with 5503 viewsportmanking

FFS just GO Kieran. I'm now literally at the point where I just want the sodding band aid ripped off now. Your representatives are tarnishing your legacy, pal.

What's even the point of a middle-sized club having success these days?
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:12 - May 22 with 5461 views_clive_baker_

Presume he’s waiting to see if United stick or twist off the back of the FA Cup final?

Can’t help but feel he’s leaving myself, it’s just a case of where. Preference is clearly United, I would think they’ll lose on Saturday, EtH leaves and they make their move for McKenna. Guess that’s what he’s waiting for.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:13 - May 22 with 5439 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any reason why this couldn’t have gone in one of the many other threads linking him to the Chelsea job?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:13 - May 22 with 5392 viewsBossy

Just get on with it laddie. Go already if you’re going to go. We can then get on with getting someone more our level who actually wants to manage us in the Prem.

At the moment he’s risking just wasting our valuable time and damaging the good vibes we have.

Right now he looks like he would take any job above us.
[Post edited 22 May 22:18]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:14 - May 22 with 5378 viewssuffolkpoker

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:12 - May 22 by portmanking

FFS just GO Kieran. I'm now literally at the point where I just want the sodding band aid ripped off now. Your representatives are tarnishing your legacy, pal.

tbh allmost every football manager would be keen on the Chelsea job tbh.

Would he sack his legacy off at Ipswich for it?? I doubt it

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:14 - May 22 with 5319 viewsFrimleyBlue

Incredible how the highs of promotion. The eagerness if who we may sign etc can't even be felt.

We don't even know who is even being kept on the playing staff yet.

If he does stay I hope he sacks his agents.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:17 - May 22 with 5165 viewsSitfcB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:13 - May 22 by Swansea_Blue

Any reason why this couldn’t have gone in one of the many other threads linking him to the Chelsea job?

New story, ‘new information’.
[Post edited 22 May 22:17]

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:17 - May 22 with 5153 viewsBluedanW

Well they can't even get the compensation figure correct so I'm not going to take much notice of this one.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:20 - May 22 with 5046 viewsN2_Blue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:12 - May 22 by _clive_baker_

Presume he’s waiting to see if United stick or twist off the back of the FA Cup final?

Can’t help but feel he’s leaving myself, it’s just a case of where. Preference is clearly United, I would think they’ll lose on Saturday, EtH leaves and they make their move for McKenna. Guess that’s what he’s waiting for.

ETH is leaving whether Utd win or lose the cup final. I Think stuff like ‘McKenna is keen on Chelsea’ is just coming from his agent who is trying to make United move as quickly as possible.

Only club I think McKenna leaves for this summer is United personally. If McKenna goes Chelsea he’s nuts. Sorry but he is. No manager without a track record of 20 years management should touch Chelsea
[Post edited 22 May 22:22]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:22 - May 22 with 5006 viewsSitfcB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:20 - May 22 by N2_Blue

ETH is leaving whether Utd win or lose the cup final. I Think stuff like ‘McKenna is keen on Chelsea’ is just coming from his agent who is trying to make United move as quickly as possible.

Only club I think McKenna leaves for this summer is United personally. If McKenna goes Chelsea he’s nuts. Sorry but he is. No manager without a track record of 20 years management should touch Chelsea
[Post edited 22 May 22:22]

If he goes to Chelsea then he’s not the man I thought he was.

COYB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:23 - May 22 with 4929 viewsN2_Blue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:22 - May 22 by SitfcB

If he goes to Chelsea then he’s not the man I thought he was.

Agreed. Because it would go against everything he has been telling us for the last two years in terms of culture of a football club and building something.

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:24 - May 22 with 4913 viewsNeedhamChris

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:17 - May 22 by BluedanW

Well they can't even get the compensation figure correct so I'm not going to take much notice of this one.

Some of you are crying out for reasons to put your head in the sand.

This stuff does not go out unless the person wants it to. At this point, feels like McKenna (or at least his agents) are basically letting us become a circus whilst they try and get as many offers for him as they can. Nonsense to pretend he's unaware of what's being done in his name.

They don't need multiple offers to get a lucrative new deal - so seems pretty much decided that he would rather be elsewhere. If he ends up with us in August it won't be for the lack of trying not to be.

Modern football, innit.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:24 - May 22 with 4920 viewsSitfcB

COYB

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:25 - May 22 with 4880 viewsNeedhamChris

How annoyed are Ashton et al getting? This is yet more fuel on the fire and it's difficult to rationally extricate KMc from what is going on.

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:26 - May 22 with 4794 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:23 - May 22 by N2_Blue

Agreed. Because it would go against everything he has been telling us for the last two years in terms of culture of a football club and building something.

Is the utd Job any different?

Apart from the sir Alex years. Its been a sht show as much as Chelsea.

Might be a boyhood club but he's 38 not 65 in his last years of football.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:28 - May 22 with 4739 viewsportmanking

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:25 - May 22 by NeedhamChris

How annoyed are Ashton et al getting? This is yet more fuel on the fire and it's difficult to rationally extricate KMc from what is going on.

The relationship between Ashton and Trimboli is frayed at best. This used car salesman is basically trying to create an auction for a manager that's never been made available. Agents are truly scum of the earth.
Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:28 - May 22 with 4713 viewsFrimleyBlue

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:24 - May 22 by SitfcB

Honestly at this point it's tempting to say release him and let's start concentrating on the prem. ( obviously I don't mean it)

All this can't be good for the squad. Let alone Ashton when trying to start talks with potential players.

Waka waka eh eh

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:29 - May 22 with 4672 viewsBossy

Back page of the Mirror as well… on 22:24 - May 22 by SitfcB

I know people will say it’s “how it works” etc but it’s starting to really take the sheen off the last couple of years.

This can’t be anything but damaging for us. Him and his team are basically courting the hell out of other clubs in the same league as us. We need to get on with finding a replacement that actually wants to manage us.

I’m starting to resent him.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:30 - May 22 with 4658 viewsN2_Blue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:26 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

Yes

United may have been a sh*t show but they've actually been pretty forgiving to their managers in terms of time given. They've just performed badly.

You cannot compare United and Chelsea in that sense. Mckenna would have more of a chance at United than he would chelsea if he doesn't get instant results.
[Post edited 22 May 22:33]

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:31 - May 22 with 4583 viewsgainsboroughblue

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:26 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

The only thing I'd counter that with, is we don't know what McKenna's career and life goals are. Maybe he wants to be out of football by the age of 50 to concentrate on family stuff, take up golf, travel the world, who knows.

He may be young in football management terms but not everybody wants to be taking the reins at Huddersfield for the 12th time in his 70's like Warnock does.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:32 - May 22 with 4537 viewsBossy

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:28 - May 22 by portmanking

The relationship between Ashton and Trimboli is frayed at best. This used car salesman is basically trying to create an auction for a manager that's never been made available. Agents are truly scum of the earth.

I hate how people just go “oh it’s just his agent” like McKenna has no say in the matter.

Make no mistake the agent is acting on his clients behalf, if McKenna wanted to stay this would not be happening.
[Post edited 22 May 22:34]

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:34 - May 22 with 4483 viewsNeedhamChris

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:31 - May 22 by gainsboroughblue

The only thing I'd counter that with, is we don't know what McKenna's career and life goals are. Maybe he wants to be out of football by the age of 50 to concentrate on family stuff, take up golf, travel the world, who knows.

He may be young in football management terms but not everybody wants to be taking the reins at Huddersfield for the 12th time in his 70's like Warnock does.

I would agree with this! There are a lot of assumptions based on the stereotype of managers flogging themselves for their careers long into their pensionable ages!

I think we've already started to see some change, Klopp, Guardiola etc are unlikely to need to and both seem to be conscious about not losing the passion for it. Perfectly reasonable that McKenna could transform Man Utd back into title contenders, and earn enough by 50's to do something different.

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:36 - May 22 with 4412 viewsportmanking

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:32 - May 22 by Bossy

I hate how people just go “oh it’s just his agent” like McKenna has no say in the matter.

Make no mistake the agent is acting on his clients behalf, if McKenna wanted to stay this would not be happening.
[Post edited 22 May 22:34]

It's not quite as easy as that. His representatives HAVE crossed the line, even in McKenna's eyes. But what can he really do? Call up every newspaper and ask them to politely delete their stories? I think not.

Our club is currently being made to look like the last kid being picked when this close season was meant to have been one of rebirth, resurgence and vigour.
McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:40 - May 22 with 4314 viewsBossy

McKenna keen on Chelsea job on 22:36 - May 22 by portmanking

It's not quite as easy as that. His representatives HAVE crossed the line, even in McKenna's eyes. But what can he really do? Call up every newspaper and ask them to politely delete their stories? I think not.

Our club is currently being made to look like the last kid being picked when this close season was meant to have been one of rebirth, resurgence and vigour.

How do we know McKenna feels they have crossed the line and what specifically does he feel his agent has done to cross the line?

I agree it makes us look like he wants to escape to anywhere else.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024